Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,525 members, 7,948,028 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11521927 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7566) (7567) (7568) (7569) (7570) (7571) (7572) ... (8159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:17pm On Feb 02
KarlTom:
You just exposed an age old trick.
Painfully it still works...

However people being ignorant doesn't make them fools... wink

I am sorry for my choice of words, i will edit it. All i did was answer the person that asked how a stock can go from FULL BID to FULL OFFER in seconds, and attacks followed from left right and center.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:20pm On Feb 02
essentialone:
When stocks are on Full Bid or Full Offer, it is advisable that you exercise caution. Unless you had that stock in mind before, when stocks are on Full Bid, do not be in a haste to Sell Off. It may go higher, and do not be in a haste to Buy, so that you do not catch a Falling Knife. Also, when stocks are on Full Offer, do not be in a haste to Buy. It may be on a long downward journey to nowhere. Do not always be greedy when others are fearful. Find out why they are fearful. Also, do not always be Fearful when others are greedy. Find out what new information made them greedy. Despite all analysis and paralysis, more often than not, in the short term, prices of stocks, react more to Information and Sentiments.
This is exactly the information i was trying to pass across especially to the inexperienced ones. Nothing more, nothing less........Back to minding my business. @Locotrader, fingers crossed grin grin ;DI am still your supporter.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
When stocks are on full bid or full offer, it is advisable you exercise caution............
Well said. You have passed your message. Personally, I do not see anything fake in what you have done. They do that during public auction too. You can only do that in stocks that are not particularly liquid. Why not go and put fake offers in Dangcem now or banking stocks and see how far.

Beside that, there are times I will try and buy a stock and see another good opportunity somewhere, then withdraw my offer and take the money somewhere, will you call that fake offers too?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:28pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
I am sorry for my choice of words, i will edit it. All i did was answer the person that asked how a stock can go from FULL BID to FULL OFFER in seconds, and attacks followed from left right and center.
...I apologise if my previous message came across as an attack; that was not my intention. My point is that it would have been helpful if you had provided a textual explanation rather than engaging in the act.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:29pm On Feb 02
emmanuelewumi:

About the same price with you. You can't even get a buyer at N700.

So I asked Meristem to sell at the best market price
Nice one.i wish I saw the future, lol.I still collected #20 twice and (#16 not very sure of this one)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02
BullBearMkt:

...I apologise if my previous message came across as an attack; that was not my intention. My point is that it would have been helpful if you had provided a textual explanation rather than engaging in the act.
grin grin grin grin grin
Understood!! Peace!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:33pm On Feb 02
yMcy56:

Lol.
Below is the Q4 report......
That stock na another MANSARD in the making ooo. lipsrsealed grin
* If you dey find another insurance stock with good potential, look the way of UNIVINS too.
We don talk dem tire for here.

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40239_CORNERSTONE_INSURANCE_PLC-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf
ok thanks. I will send to my guy.i dey fear insurance companies. The eps of #8plus na him catch my attention
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:40pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
This is exactly the information i was trying to pass across especially to the inexperienced ones. Nothing more, nothing less........Back to minding my business. @Locotrader, fingers crossed grin grin ;DI am still your supporter.

You should have done more practices of that and keep it to yourself.Maybe it will be helping you to build wealth in the future if you have the cash to do so.It is a criminal act to me when you let it known at a public domain like this.
Nigerians like to learn bad bad things than the good.

Do you know some people wanted to use a similar strategy just as you stated it to crash our market this time.They only said prepare for bears when nothing is wrong in the market, the next thing we saw was massive selloff but thank God for CBN intervention....

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 1:43pm On Feb 02
Streetinvestor2:
ok thanks. I will send to my guy.i dey fear insurance companies. The eps of #8plus na him catch my attention

So your eyes has reached this conerstone?
Wetin you dey find there?
I don tell you I go like to be like you when I grow up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 1:46pm On Feb 02
Streetinvestor2:
Don't you think it's N0.8..plus?
Calculate. Profit for the period divided by shares outstanding
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

You should have done more practices of that and keep it to yourself.Maybe it will be helping you to build wealth in the future if you have the cash to do so.It is a criminal act to me when you let it known at a public domain like this.
Nigerians like to learn bad bad things than the good.

Do you know some people wanted to use a similar strategy just as you stated it to crash our market this time.They only said prepare for bears when nothing is wrong in the market, the next thing we saw was massive selloff but thank God for CBN intervention....

Peace
It was actually the CBN that started the commotion with their policy on forex to banks. The memo leaked to market operators early in the week and that was why the insiders rushed to sell their holdings. If you could remember that the same scenario played out when banks released 3rd Quarter result and CBN brought instruction about not paying divident with forex gains. The market is controlled by demand and supply. Many people also rushed to sell too after seeing massive supply. It was after the banks responded well to the memo that the market rebounds. But then, not all is uhuru yet because we don't know the policy guidelines CBN will still come out with on a later day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:48pm On Feb 02
PROPHETand PETERICHY... Are we still expecting OANDO to get to 400% and 500% before June respectively?

Ooooh I just realized that Monday is the case sef... The cold here is too much sha

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ttmax09(m): 1:56pm On Feb 02
ositadima1:

Top companies in the UK

Energy:
Shell (SHEL): Oil and gas
BP (BP.): Oil and gas
National Grid (NG): Electricity and gas transmission and distribution

Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology:
AstraZeneca (AZN): Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK): Pharmaceuticals and healthcare

Financial Services:
HSBC (HSBA): Banking and financial services
Lloyds Banking Group (LLOY): Banking and financial services
Barclays (BARC): Banking and financial services

Consumer Goods:
Unilever (ULVR): Food, home care, and beauty products
Diageo (DGE): Alcoholic beverages
Reckitt Benckiser (RB): Hygiene and household products

Retail:
Tesco (TSCO): Groceries and general merchandise
Sainsbury's (SBRY): Groceries and general merchandise
Marks & Spencer (MKS): Clothing, food, and homeware

Telecommunications:
Vodafone Group (VOD): Mobile telecommunications
BT Group (BT): Telecommunications and internet services

Others:
Rio Tinto (RIO): Mining and metals
BAE Systems (BA.): Aerospace, defense, and security
Rolls-Royce (RR.): Aerospace and engineering
BHP (Mining and Petroleum)
Aveva - Engineering and industrial software.
ARM Holdings - Designs semiconductor and software technology, acquired by SoftBank Group

Just a few top ones with global presence.
Rover, producers of the popular range rover line of vehicle, Airbus in partnership with 3 other countries.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:58pm On Feb 02
megawealth01:
PROPHETand PETERICHY... Are we still expecting OANDO to get to 400% and 500% before June respectively?

Ooooh I just realized that Monday is the case sef... The cold here is too much sha

Cold where?
400% increase would be around N50-N60 which could be achieved in 2 months after the court case.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 2:00pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

Did you have the intention of buying except to manipulate the very stock.Thats a fake bid dear and criminal act.
If you want to learn how to push price single handedly, you ask questions from professionals not to claim what you don't know.
How will you know his “intentions’ except he told you?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:00pm On Feb 02
defebe:

You can't cancel you bid on investment one app until around 6pm

You can if you have DMA (Direct Market Access). If you have DMA you can cancel at any time otherwise it will be between 4pm and 7am.

To have DMA simply send a mail to customer care asking them to profile your account for DMA and it will be done without any cost.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:02pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

So your eyes has reached this conerstone?
Wetin you dey find there?
I don tell you I go like to be like you when I grow up.
see this man.Na you hammer pass for this market last Yr.i don get one jijo account they wait this yr
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ttmax09(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02
Laso09:

One major problem with the current forex crisis is lack of clear guildlines on forex transactions which has led to all manner of onorthodox practices.
A high percentage of diaspora remittance are not actually getting to the country.
How could someone be in London or newyork and be exchanging pounds or dollars for naira with the dollar and pounds not getting to the country.
The bolded is a big issue, imagine a Nigerian company having it's offices in New York, all in the name of attracting VC fundings, another issue is binance and co, most people now quote rates based on binance, even the aboki selling dollars on the street.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 2:06pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

Did you have the intention of buying except to manipulate the very stock.Thats a fake bid dear and criminal act.
If you want to learn how to push price single handedly, you ask questions from professionals not to claim what you don't know.
Once a bid has been placed, how do you determine whether that it’s fake and the person’s intentions is not actually to buy?
There is actually nothing wrong there unless you can read the human mind to determine the intentions

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:07pm On Feb 02
mikeapollo:

Cold where?
400% increase would be around N50-N60 which could be achieved in 2 weeks after the court case.

WOW... Can't wait ooooo although I'm no longer heavy on OANDO just left over...

I'm heavy on ETERNA & co

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:10pm On Feb 02
I just noticed the market has made an improve yesterday and today... WOW

Sis. MERCY, hope you noticed too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:13pm On Feb 02
Tpharell:

Once a bid has been placed, how do you determine whether that it’s fake and the person’s intentions is not actually to buy?
There is actually nothing wrong there unless you can read the human mind to determine the intentions

Inwardly it's real
Outwardly,it's fake.
Read his write up again and understand why I attacked him.
He has learnt something from various comments that follows his post.

Pls this chapter is closed.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:14pm On Feb 02
222Martins:

Some of the people attacking you are aware of this very old trick and they also use it to deceive the gullible into illiquid stocks

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 2:16pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

Inwardly it's real Outwardly,it's fake. Read his write up again and understand why I attacked him. He has learnt something from various comments that follows his post.
Sorry Uncle Loco, you have to close it with 5 LOAVES of BREAD and 2 FISHES grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 2:17pm On Feb 02
mikeapollo:

Cold where?
400% increase would be around N50-N60 which could be achieved in 2 weeks after the court case.
Him no dey naija. Holidaying overseas
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:19pm On Feb 02
Banks will always wiggle their way out of this FX Wahala.
angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:19pm On Feb 02
222Martins:
When stocks are on full bid or full offer, it is advisable you exercise caution.............Someone here once asked: How it is possible for a stock to go from FULL OFFER to FULL BID in a twinkle of an eye. Well, i did a little experiment on a stock just now and some people rushed in.........What did i do?

I launched up about 30 different Bids on a stock at various quantities ranging from 250,000 to 500,000 units on a stock that have been promoted here. This made the BID QUANTITY to be more than 15 times the OFFER QUANTITY with a price range just a bit below the best offer price.

Guess what happened: People started fighting to outbid me grin grin grin grin grin,; while i was strategically outbidding them in bits without actually buying anything. In the frenzy, they ended up grabbing the nearest offer prices and pushing the price way above the opening price of today.

I then proceeded to cancel all my bids and the BID Quantity to OFFER Quantity ratio went from 15:1 in split seconds to 2:1.

I believe this is how the big dogs create artificial demand and supply for fools to either rush in or jump out. So please, trade with caution, buy with reason and do your own due diligence..... A word is enough for the wise.

Thank You

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Tpharell: 2:20pm On Feb 02
Locotrader:

Inwardly it's real
Outwardly,it's fake.
Read his write up again and understand why I attacked him.
He has learnt something from various comments that follows his post.

If he didn’t disclose here that he placed those several bids there how would you know?
Until it is revealed you cannot know someone’s intention. That’s the point you’re missing. Besides, on the trading floor of NGX brokers place and cancel bids as they want, so how is it illegal here?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:25pm On Feb 02
Tpharell:

If he didn’t disclose here that he placed those several bids there how would you know?
Until it is revealed you cannot know someone’s intention. That’s the point you’re missing. Besides, on the trading floor of NGX brokers place and cancel bids as they want, so how is it illegal here?

Go to court and ask your question.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 2:34pm On Feb 02
emmanuelewumi:

Some of the people attacking you are aware of this very old trick and they also use it to deceive the gullible into illiquid stocks

Oga Emma,I am one of the attackers.
Pls can you explain how this old trick gave us 300-400% in Japaul, TIP, Multiverse.Were those stocks manipulated to 300%?

Please I want to learn from you old wine so I can adopt a method from you.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ttmax09(m): 2:38pm On Feb 02
emmanuelewumi:

I guess he did hit a nerve with that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 2:39pm On Feb 02
someone dey do d job 4 me o

emmanuelewumi:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7566) (7567) (7568) (7569) (7570) (7571) (7572) ... (8159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BabsO2(m), Melcapital, Mills55, KarlTom, cocolacec(m), OakPearl(m), zendi, Harvestock01(m), Megapower, Sunrisepebble, crownprince2017, phadriz(m), Ginalex(f), designking, poxibility, Ibrahim505(m), NL1960 and 24 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.