Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,419 members, 7,964,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:52 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11622317 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) ... (8238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:37pm On May 20
I do not expect any rate hike above 100 bp after the MPC.
The stock market is cautious of the banks' recapitalization drive which may be the reason the banks are being ditched to go for TB/FGN Bonds.
The picture will be clearer tomorrow... smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:03pm On May 20
Mpeace:
My broda, everybody is now moving their funds to tbills and bonds. The is a believe that rates will go even higher.
Alot of cash will leave NSE.

Ok.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:28pm On May 20
mikeapollo:

If you have huge capital, investing in bonds makes sense.
Fir instance, I intend to use my cash out by buy government securities, (especially treasury bills) and use the upfront interest received to invest in real estates. But this can only make sense with huge sums of money. Otherwise, equities might be a better way to build wealth through capital appreciation of the stocks.

What is the ROI in Real Estate? Can it do 20% PA without issues?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 2:00pm On May 20
KayOn1:

The real estate company I am affiliated with currently gives 30% PA, strictly for investment. That is, you are not buying the land and can't develop it or use it in anyway. The land documents you are getting are like securities/collateral. Your funds are used for estate/housing units' development. I don't know about any issues so far.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:06pm On May 20
Champion @ 2.98. Streetinvestor where art thou?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:07pm On May 20
chillykelly86:

The real estate company I am affiliated with currently gives 30% PA, strictly for investment. That is, you are not buying the land and can't develop it or use it in anyway. The land documents you are getting are like securities/collateral. Your funds are used for estate/housing units' development. I don't know about any issues so far.

Which state so I can have my people get in touch with you but if story enter, ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:10pm On May 20
Read the manuscript properly before it becomes a book ... wink

KayOn1:

Which state so I can have my people get in touch with you but if story enter, ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by awesomeJ(m): 2:10pm On May 20
KayOn1:

5-10% depending on location and type of structure.

Although capital gains are there too.
For instance, I bought 10 tonnes of steel @ 380k averagely about 2 years ago, when I checked in February, it was already 1.2m pee ton.

Looks like someone is out to buy close to 1% of ACCESS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:17pm On May 20
awesomeJ:

5-10% depending on location and type of structure.

Although capital gains are there too.
For instance, I bought 10 tonnes of steel @ 380k averagely about 2 years ago, when I checked in February, it was already 1.2m pee ton.

Looks like someone is out to buy close to 1% of ACCESS.

If 5 - 10% with stress, why go thru the stress when any financially literate person can get double or triple of it without leaving his house.

** I am talking about build to let.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:18pm On May 20
KarlTom:
Read the manuscript properly before it becomes a book ... wink

I will. Thank you. 🙏
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 2:22pm On May 20
KayOn1:

It's headquartered in Rivers State but has branches in about 9 other states and the FCT.

Capital City Development Limited.

I'm based in Lagos. Where's your location?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:32pm On May 20
ASI closed positive. Awesome.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 2:35pm On May 20
chillykelly86:

It's headquartered in Rivers State but has branches in about 9 other states and the FCT.

Capital City Development Limited.

I'm based in Lagos. Where's your location?

I grew up in PH & still have family there. I will reach out to them then get back to you thru pm.

** Loking at the company’s website now but when I click on visit our sites, it pulls up my whatsapp and gives a prompt - +09060000360 is not a valid number

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 2:50pm On May 20
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:00pm On May 20
KayOn1:

I grew up in PH & still have family there. I will reach out to them then get back to you thru pm.

** Loking at the company’s website now but when I click on visit our sites, it pulls up my whatsapp and gives a prompt - +09060000360 is not a valid number

I think you should remove the plus sign in front of the number.

CCDL PORT HARCOURT ADDRESS:
#31 G. U Ake Road Eliozu, 2 storey building (first floor) beside Mercy House Church bustop Eliozu.
Port Harcourt.
*Admin:* Miss Georgina: 07035707254

Customer Care lines 09060000360,

CCDL LAGOS
Suite C6, De Cherub Mall,
KM 18, Lekki-Epe Express way,
Before Chevron,
Lekki, Lagos State.
*Admin:* Mrs. Amabel Ekpebi 08027615860
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 3:08pm On May 20
KayOn1:

I sent you an email. Site visits can be scheduled for Saturday for your guy in Port Harcourt.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:03pm On May 20
megawealth01:

Yeah... The market is being careful grin
Wahala be like angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 4:09pm On May 20
Princkez:
https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/20/uba-n100-share-price-achievable-oliver-alawuba/

Without forex revaluation gains, UBA's 2023 FY EPS was N11.20k compared to N4.84k in 2022 FY and N3.39k in 2021 FY. When the dust setttles, I know that Naira devaluation will be a plus to banks that have a higher percentage of their profits coming from outside Nigeria, all other things being equal. UBA and Access come to mind here, and ETI. (ETI's FY 2023 looks flat because it's reported in dollars.). As for price, we can only follow our plans and wait and see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 5:16pm On May 20
KayOn1:

chillykelly86:

@KayOn1 if you want to do the guaranteed back real estate investment , you may wish to compare what other companies are also offering and choose, based on company's pedigree and returns offered. I'm a real estate lawyer and there are at least 3 reputable companies in lagos offering similar investments...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:27pm On May 20
OBAGADAFFI:

Wahala be like angry angry angry

NGX grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:49pm On May 20
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 6:57pm On May 20
https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/20/why-total-energies-chose-angola-over-nigeria-for-6-billion-energy-project-ceo-pouyanne/

We are getting the shorter end of the investments stick and it doesn't seem like those in government care.

Venezuela's low production to reserves is due to sanctions. Ours is entirely man-made.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 7:22pm On May 20
SonofElElyonRet:

@KayOn1 if you want to do the guaranteed back real estate investment , you may wish to compare what other companies are also offering and choose, based on company's pedigree and returns offered. I'm a real estate lawyer and there are at least 3 reputable companies in lagos offering similar investments...

The issue is I'll need a 3rd party to coordinate and I only have that currently in PH.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 7:29pm On May 20
chillykelly86:

I sent you an email. Site visits can be scheduled for Saturday for your guy in Port Harcourt.

Saw the notification that says I need to contact you since we are not connected. Tried to do that but ...

I will have someone visit the office to get more info ASAP that he can go. Will keep you updated.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 7:53pm On May 20
chillykelly86:
https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/20/why-total-energies-chose-angola-over-nigeria-for-6-billion-energy-project-ceo-pouyanne/

We are getting the shorter end of the investments stick and it doesn't seem like those in government care.

Venezuela's low production to reserves is due to sanctions. Ours is entirely man-made.
They can go to hell for what ever reason they have.Nothing good comes from France. How have they been able to develop the African countries they colonized.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:33pm On May 20
KayOn1:

Saw the notification that says I need to contact you since we are not connected. Tried to do that but ...

I will have someone visit the office to get more info ASAP that he can go. Will keep you updated.

I have replied your email.
Due diligence, as always, is advised.
Should you need any assistance along the way, do contact me.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:47pm On May 20
Streetinvestor2:
They can go to hell for what ever reason they have.Nothing good comes from France. How have they been able to develop the African countries they colonized.

TotalEnergies is a company like Dangote Industries. Equating it to France is not correct. And insinuating their investments are unwanted is even more surprising. By the time you discount companies from all countries that haven't "developed African countries they colonized", you'll have a smaller pool of potential investors, who will still consider you, not specially, but as one of their options.
By the way, it's not only Total that's leaving the upstream, IOCs of other nationalities are leaving too.

When all is said and done, Nigeria has a window within which to use its oil resources to leapfrog its development, a window that's gradually closing. Our leaders are oblivious of the fact that a free oil market will lead to a global glut and that's why there's now OPEC quota which we're not even meeting. Green/cleaner energy pressures are there too. It's getting tighter and tighter. How fast are we intentionally diversifying away from oil?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 8:52pm On May 20
KayOn1:

The issue is I'll need a 3rd party to coordinate and I only have that currently in PH.

Ok... I grab
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:32pm On May 20
chillykelly86:

TotalEnergies is a company like Dangote Industries. Equating it to France is not correct. And insinuating their investments are unwanted is even more surprising. By the time you discount companies from all countries that haven't "developed African countries they colonized", you'll have a smaller pool of potential investors, who will still consider you, not specially, but as one of their options.
By the way, it's not only Total that's leaving the upstream, IOCs of other nationalities are leaving too.

When all is said and done, Nigeria has a window within which to use its oil resources to leapfrog its development, a window that's gradually closing. Our leaders are oblivious of the fact that a free oil market will lead to a global glut and that's why there's now OPEC quota which we're not even meeting. Green/cleaner energy pressures are there too. It's getting tighter and tighter. How fast are we intentionally diversifying away from oil?
Oga leave all this French you are speaking. Total is a French company simply. Nigeria and Africa can only be developed by Africans.This you so called investors that come with thr dollars does not have your country at heart. We know the mess your so called ioc has left concerning the environment in this region they operated. They come to Africa and operate with a standard they can not try in thr parent counties. They take home a larger bulk of money made in those countries and turn the people to slaves. When they go it gives opening for locals. Our survival is not tired to them
We should not politicise everything. Anyone that wants to go can go.Every country has its own security challenge. I still prefer my naija to thr perfect country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 10:52pm On May 20
Streetinvestor2:
Oga leave all this French you are speaking. Total is a French company simply. Nigeria and Africa can only be developed by Africans.This you so called investors that come with thr dollars does not have your country at heart. We know the mess your so called ioc has left concerning the environment in this region they operated. They come to Africa and operate with a standard they can not try in thr parent counties. They take home a larger bulk of money made in those countries and turn the people to slaves. When they go it gives opening for locals. Our survival is not tired to them
We should not politicise everything. Anyone that wants to go can go.Every country has its own security challenge. I still prefer my naija to thr perfect country.

Since the passing of the PIB, how well has the local improved the Standards? Instead they pay peanuts and fund their families lifestyle abroad . Some even don’t have a functional company but get contract which is re-contracted up to the 4th party that actually executes it.
As a matter of fact, safety standards have dropped significantly. Everyone wants to cash out quick not investing

Seem you don’t know so much about oil and gas and how this affect us in a country like ours.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:31pm On May 20
KayOn1:
ASI closed positive. Awesome.

Yeah... Foreign reserve seems to be coming up
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Amaa2019(m): 8:41am On May 21
Good morning guys,

Please I need information on FGN Savings Bond and if it is presently a good investment option.

Thank you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7777) (7778) (7779) (7780) (7781) (7782) (7783) ... (8238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aremolekunowo(m), Harvestock01(m), ogoo4real, Streetinvestor2, designking, robobo, ebunkayode16, taybabs, megawealth01, defebe, ATPx and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.