Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,744 members, 7,879,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7806) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11141755 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7803) (7804) (7805) (7806) (7807) (7808) (7809) ... (7851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 12:27pm On Jun 06
Meerahbel:
Send him a DM with your number

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 12:54pm On Jun 06
Emeka1441:
Why drop your number
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:10pm On Jun 06
OANDO on full bid.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 1:19pm On Jun 06
Meerahbel:
cheesy Dividend landed.

Aradel no dey dull!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 1:21pm On Jun 06
Hogwarthtrades:

AT ALL, I just regret not investing more 😭

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 1:28pm On Jun 06
Meerahbel:
AT ALL, I just regret not investing more 😭
TBH No regrets with the approach of dumping regularly (monthly /quarterly) into that pile. Excess windfall we drop, austerity period we drop based on what can be managed. las Las, he go make sense!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cocolacec(m): 1:43pm On Jun 06
Hogwarthtrades:

What is the name on the stock market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Palomadove: 1:44pm On Jun 06
222Martins:
Most people replying you are actually ill-informed of the workings of an MTO especially with respect to IEI.

The MTO will stand only if shareholders give up at least 90% of the 634,212,476 IEI shares Norrenberger is seeking to buy. If by the end of the deadline, they are able to get at least 90%, the remaining 10% shares of those who did not accept the offer will be taken forcefully.

But if at the end of the deadline, shareholders did not give up at least 90%, Norrenberger will have to make another bid with a better price. So the onus now lies on those holding IEI shares.

Thank you for the explanation.
Obviously I am new to the stock market palava grin
What to do now sad *thinking to myself*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 1:52pm On Jun 06
Palomadove:

Thank you for the explanation.
Obviously I am new to the stock market palava grin
What to do now sad *thinking to myself*
It is a gamble..........If you sell, you cash out N1.60 immediately. If you hold and they meet the required 90% after the deadline, then they will forcefully foreclose your shares at the same N1.60.

But if after the deadline, they did not meet up the required 90%, then that means there will be fewer shares available to trade on the floor (Free Float), which may or may not cause a rally; and they may have to offer a higher price above N1.60.

Please note that the above is not a buy or sell recommendation, and should be taken as a Hypothesis.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 1:57pm On Jun 06
cocolacec:
What is the name on the stock market.

I type in peace, please don't misconstrue the writing below

Company is called aradel holdings. involved in onshore Oil and gas exploration and related processes. Its listed on NASD OTC not on Main NGX. One of few NASD stocks with reasonable liquidity, this is not as liquid as companies listed on NGX. Tread carefully if not involved for the long haul. check the company investor relations webpage for annual report copies to review the business.

Speak to your broker if they offer services to fulfill buy/sell order. For easy access, you can link your account to the app, it makes it easy for transaction yourself without sending email instruction to your broker. SHalom!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Palomadove: 2:07pm On Jun 06
222Martins:
It is a gamble..........If you sell, you cash out N1.60 immediately. If you hold and they meet the required 90% after the deadline, then they will forcefully foreclose your shares at the same N1.60.

But if after the deadline, they did not meet up the required 90%, then that means there will be fewer shares available to trade on the floor (Free Float), which may or may not cause a rally; and they may have to offer a higher price above N1.60.

Please note that the above is not a buy or sell recommendation, and should be taken as a Hypothesis.
Yeah i understand.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Emeka1441: 2:56pm On Jun 06
Meerahbel:
Why drop your number
abeg add me to the nyse group ..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cocolacec(m): 3:58pm On Jun 06
Hogwarthtrades:

Company is called aradel holdings. involved in onshore Oil and gas exploration and related processes. Its listed on NASD OTC not on Main NGX. One of few NASD stocks with reasonable liquidity, this is not as liquid as companies listed on NGX. Tread carefully if not involved for the long haul. check the company investor relations webpage for annual report copies to review the business.

Speak to your broker if they offer services to fulfill buy/sell order. For easy access, you can link your account to the app, it makes it easy for transaction yourself without sending email instruction to your broker. SHalom!!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 4:20pm On Jun 06
222Martins:
Most people replying you are actually ill-informed of the workings of an MTO especially with respect to IEI.

The MTO will stand only if shareholders give up at least 90% of the 634,212,476 IEI shares Norrenberger is seeking to buy. If by the end of the deadline, they are able to get at least 90%, the remaining 10% shares of those who did not accept the offer will be taken forcefully.

But if at the end of the deadline, shareholders did not give up at least 90%, Norrenberger will have to make another bid with a better price. So the onus now lies on those holding IEI shares.

Looks like a done deal to me. For below reasons:

1. They have all the regulatory approvals required to acquire 100% of the company. Note 1, Page 8 of the Q1'FY24 report or Note 1, page 29 of the FY'23 annual report.

"Following the acquisition of the majority shareholding by a group of investors - Norrenberger Investment and Capital
Management Limited on October 8, 2021, the Company has sought and obtained the “No Objection” approval of NAICOM for the
100 % equity stake of the company by Norrenberger Investment and Capital Management Limited. Norrenberger Investment and
Capital Management Limited has received all the necessary permissions from the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection
Commission (FCCPC), the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) and the
National Pension Commission (PENCOM) for the acquisition."

2. As at Q1'FY24, Norrenberger has deposited N7B for shares (private placement) in IEI indicating intention to recapitalise the company and possibly provide evidence to show financial capability to buy out minority shareholders. Note 36, page 55 of Q1'FY24

3. There is an exception to the MTO rule in a situation where the company is ailing and a strategic investor agrees to invest the much needed fund that a company requires. IEI currently has a negative equity of N7.8B and it's in substantial debt to Daewoo or some other entity to the tune of N9.8B as at the latest results. They were going to convert this debt to equity as at last audited results but it appears that has changed in the latest quarterly. Litigation underway - possibly Norrenberger is not in favour of the equity conversion and would rather block the rights to convert to equity by a single entity.

Disclaimer - This is an opinion only.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 5:33pm On Jun 06
Hogwarthtrades:

TBH No regrets with the approach of dumping regularly (monthly /quarterly) into that pile. Excess windfall we drop, austerity period we drop based on what can be managed. las Las, he go make sense!!
Truth is I cannot remember the house I even used for the instructions. Is it coronation?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:58pm On Jun 06
grin
Princkez:
OANDO on full bid.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Crayfish09: 6:31pm On Jun 06
Has anyone been able to sell his Dangote cement stocks on Trove? I have been trying for the past 2 months without success.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 222Martins(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06
Omooloriredade:

Looks like a done deal to me. For below reasons:

1. They have all the regulatory approvals required to acquire 100% of the company. Note 1, Page 8 of the Q1'FY24 report or Note 1, page 29 of the FY'23 annual report.

"Following the acquisition of the majority shareholding by a group of investors - Norrenberger Investment and Capital
Management Limited on October 8, 2021, the Company has sought and obtained the “No Objection” approval of NAICOM for the
100 % equity stake of the company by Norrenberger Investment and Capital Management Limited. Norrenberger Investment and
Capital Management Limited has received all the necessary permissions from the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection
Commission (FCCPC), the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) and the
National Pension Commission (PENCOM) for the acquisition."

2. As at Q1'FY24, Norrenberger has deposited N7B for shares (private placement) in IEI indicating intention to recapitalise the company and possibly provide evidence to show financial capability to buy out minority shareholders. Note 36, page 55 of Q1'FY24

3. There is an exception to the MTO rule in a situation where the company is ailing and a strategic investor agrees to invest the much needed fund that a company requires. IEI currently has a negative equity of N7.8B and it's in substantial debt to Daewoo or some other entity to the tune of N9.8B as at the latest results. They were going to convert this debt to equity as at last audited results but it appears that has changed in the latest quarterly. Litigation underway - possibly Norrenberger is not in favour of the equity conversion and would rather block the rights to convert to equity by a single entity.

Disclaimer - This is an opinion only.

YES!! It is a done deal only if 90% or more of the 634,212,476 are tendered to Norrenberger between 10th of June and 19th of July. If they don't get the 90%, they would have to come up with a better offer. The onus still lies on the current free float shareholders to determine the way forward.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 12:49am On Jun 07
222Martins:

YES!! It is a done deal only if 90% or more of the 634,212,476 are tendered to Norrenberger between 10th of June and 19th of July. If they don't get the 90%, they would have to come up with a better offer. The onus still lies on the current free float shareholders to determine the way forward.

I understand your point which explains how an MTO works. However, you have assumed that in the event Norrenberger is unable to snap up 90% of the holdings of minority shareholders, it will have no other choice but to raise offer price or that the reduced free float may lead to scarcity of shares on the floor of the exchange.

My opinion was that the take over of IEI was a done deal because should the MTO (this offer) fail, NB can go ahead with the private placement to recapitalise the company citing an exemption in new SEC rule 445 (1) (d). If this was done, minority shareholders will have their holdings further diluted to smithereens. IEI will fall short of the SEC listing rule, squeeze out minority shareholders and can delist from the NGX. So either way, NB will have their way. I'm afraid the minority shareholders don't have as much power in this scenario. Their options are limited. It appears they are not in a position to recapitalise the company. Pardon my conjectures just reading the room.

New SEC rule 445 (1) (d) exempts a strategic investor via (private placement) in an ailing company from the requirement to make an MTO in the first place. The PP must have been approved by shareholders (my assumption) so not deemed a hostile takeover. This is why I believe this particular MTO is the company giving minority investors an opportunity to exit or they go private with the company. The regulatory backing of this takeover is overwhelming. This is basically SEC and NAICOM assisting a strategic investor to save a financial institution from collapse or with recapitalization.

Keen to see how this plays out. I agree this is mere speculation on my part not to be taken as gospel. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 1:08am On Jun 07
PRESCO DELIVERED THE REWARD SAFELY.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by tabithababy(f): 4:51am On Jun 07
Please how can I join the NSE WhatsApp group

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 7:15am On Jun 07
Meerahbel:
Truth is I cannot remember the house I even used for the instructions. Is it coronation?

Double check your email notification to see which broker you set-up your account with, They should have sent you account opening details in the welcome email.IF not send a cold enquiry to your broker.

There are multiple brokers. I use mainly Investment one so i linked my account through the NASD app while UCAP is backup but hardly use it. I can't remember the last time i sent instruction email. I just load up my account through bank transfer or debit card, etc

After finding out who your broker is, you can download the app, sign up , then reach out to NASD support team (use the chat with us option on the nasd webpage) to help with completing the verification process with your broker. Sometimes it takes a bit of nudging on both NASD and your brokers part to complete the whole process Voila, you can trade whenever (ofcourse liquidity is a challenge for most ,but not all) Enjoy!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 7:38am On Jun 07
Collinsterol:
Pls gud people of NSE, i need ur help. Am a lil boy and really like stock but dnt knw anyting about it. Pls dnt look down on me o i realy everyone's advise. God bless my mail is akindolieseyi@gmail.com

Kindly access the recommended resource here.

https://www.pdfdrive.com/the-richest-man-in-babylon-e147380227.html

https://www.pdfdrive.com/rich-dad-poor-dad-e136494023.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 8:37am On Jun 07
Hogwarthtrades:

Double check your email notification to see which broker you set-up your account with, They should have sent you account opening details in the welcome email.IF not send a cold enquiry to your broker.

There are multiple brokers. I use mainly Investment one so i linked my account through the NASD app while UCAP is backup but hardly use it. I can't remember the last time i sent instruction email. I just load up my account through bank transfer or debit card, etc

After finding out who your broker is, you can download the app, sign up , then reach out to NASD support team (use the chat with us option on the nasd webpage) to help with completing the verification process with your broker. Sometimes it takes a bit of nudging on both NASD and your brokers part to complete the whole process Voila, you can trade whenever (ofcourse liquidity is a challenge for most ,but not all) Enjoy!!
Thank you, i never knew NASD has an app. I will follow up and get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 8:41am On Jun 07
tabithababy:
Join megawealth discord group
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 8:52am On Jun 07
There are enough resources to satisfy the greed of a few, but not enough for everyone's greed. That is why the government can lavish money on a few individuals (members of the House and Senate, top-level judiciary, etc.), but they cannot do it for the teeming masses.

That said, at the bottom of every endeavor, the employer must pay the employee less than what the employee generates. This is a very fundamental concept. At the same time, the employer is tasked with providing all that is needed for the employee to thrive and be productive. What a dilemma.

How does this babbling relate to our NSEMPA? Well, I think in the end, stocks and dividends will also adjust upwards, and it is good to be a long-time value investor in part, even if you are mainly a trader. grin grin grin cheesy wink

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stronglink: 9:51am On Jun 07
Idrismusty97:
Please how do i liquidate a share on Afrivest? Tried to since last week and it's still pending even when o did it again.
send them an email.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On Jun 07
Ding! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stronglink: 10:03am On Jun 07
Omooloriredade:

I understand your point which explains how an MTO works. However, you have assumed that in the event Norrenberger is unable to snap up 90% of the holdings of minority shareholders, it will have no other choice but to raise offer price or that the reduced free float may lead to scarcity of shares on the floor of the exchange.

My opinion was that the take over of IEI was a done deal because should the MTO (this offer) fail, NB can go ahead with the private placement to recapitalise the company citing an exemption in new SEC rule 445 (1) (d). If this was done, [b]minority shareholders will have their holdings further diluted [/b]to smithereens. IEI will fall short of the SEC listing rule, squeeze out minority shareholders and can delist from the NGX. So either way, NB will have their way. I'm afraid the minority shareholders don't have as much power in this scenario. Their options are limited. It appears they are not in a position to recapitalise the company. Pardon my conjectures just reading the room.

New SEC rule 445 (1) (d) exempts a strategic investor via (private placement) in an ailing company from the requirement to make an MTO in the first place. The PP must have been approved by shareholders (my assumption) so not deemed a hostile takeover. This is why I believe this particular MTO is the company giving minority investors an opportunity to exit or they go private with the company. The regulatory backing of this takeover is overwhelming. This is basically SEC and NAICOM assisting a strategic investor to save a financial institution from collapse or with recapitalization.

Keen to see how this plays out. I agree this is mere speculation on my part not to be taken as gospel. smiley
please what does it mean to dilute a share?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 10:14am On Jun 07
tabithababy:

https://chat. whatsapp. com /BAADVxcjUeOEPziVzAZDyT

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ndept: 10:25am On Jun 07

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:42am On Jun 07
Hogwarthtrades:

There is no need to rush to buy the stock now on NASD as it is planning to list on NSE by introduction this year.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7803) (7804) (7805) (7806) (7807) (7808) (7809) ... (7851) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: owolabi5, naturalflow, OBAGADAFFI, Zegra, Emndy(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.