Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,726 members, 7,924,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 10:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7836) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11374096 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7833) (7834) (7835) (7836) (7837) (7838) (7839) ... (8016) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:07pm On Jun 27
debeey87:
this bonus was rumoured earlier in the year and a lot of folks here had thought it will come with the FY23 dividend.

My worry will be share dilution is growth if growth is not like we have seen in nahco going forward. Dividend after now will be reduced.
.How you take conclude when you never see the ratio for the bonus...haba
In the past gtbank was given bonus every time.What is thr dividend today Ucap has been I well managed company with steady growth even better than uba bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:18pm On Jun 27
KarlTom:
Same thing with TRANSPOWER... sad

Without doubt those MM are Market Manipulators...

Make dem no let my transpower drop.. I full ground there grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 12:21pm On Jun 27
yMcy56:
SEPLAT in early leap!
@3794 up with +N344.90...
Chai! This stock don go....

Mark my words, transpower will attain this feat ... may take like 5 years but it will

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:33pm On Jun 27
bovali:

This is as high level as i can make it to keep it brief. All i'll say is when you invest, think to yourself if wale tinubu is someone you can trust with your money. Cause with oando, you're betting on the person running it to succeed. The whole of 2023, and only one profitable quarter. In Q2 they had an FX gain of 258bn, hence the 140bn profit for the period. Then guess what happened in Q4? Another 377bn in FX gain but this time they lost 70bn for the period. How do you make less with more? Don't ask me further questions because everything is in public space for all to see and analyse. Your own DD is advised.

This is a good, thought-provoking analysis of Oando historic performance in FY2023, and serves as a good guide to moderate the expectations of investors/gamblers.
My thinking, however, is that investors weigh in more on the potential future earnings and performance of the company, rather than past performance.
Most companies/stocks that are doing well on the NGX (and other exchanges worldwide) have always had a history of bad financial performance in the past. FBNH, Transcorp, BCC (now Dangote) Cement, WAPCO etc. are just a few examples!
Oando's financial results for FYS2023 (and probably HY2023) do not include the impact of the acquisition of ENI/NAOC oil fields. So let us do an analysis of the revenue and profitability that could be attributable to ENI/NAOC operations. That should be the contribution to Oando's performance arising from ENI/NAOC assets. Then we can have a better idea of what to expect.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:36pm On Jun 27
mikeapollo:

This is a good, thought-provoking analysis of Oando historic performance in FY2023, and serves as a good guide to moderate expectations of investors/gamblers.
My thinking, however is that investors weigh in more on the potential future earnings and performance of the company, rather than past performance.
Most companies/stocks that are doing well on the NGX (and other exchanges worldwide) have always had a history of bad financial performance in the past. FBNH, Transcorp, BCC (now Dangote) Cement, WAPCO etc. are just a few examples!
Oando's financial results for FYS2023 (and probably HY2023) do not include the impact of the acquisition of ENI/NAOC oil fields. So let us do an analysis of the revenue and profitability that could be attributable to ENI/NAOC operations. That should be the contribution to Oando's performance arising from ENI/NAOC assets. Then we can have a better idea of what to expect.

OANDO's only problem is the personality

If they announce a new management now without that person even with this court case you won't see it to buy till 100

Just imagine a new management with the news that Otedola has gotten 11% of the total supply?

Just imagine am

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:37pm On Jun 27
SonofElElyonRet:

Mark my words, transpower will attain this feat ... may take like 5 years but it will

Make I buy am in your name so if anything wrong happens you go refund me?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 1:10pm On Jun 27
mikeapollo:

This is a good, thought-provoking analysis of Oando historic performance in FY2023, and serves as a good guide to moderate the expectations of investors/gamblers.
My thinking, however, is that investors weigh in more on the potential future earnings and performance of the company, rather than past performance.

Hope is not a strategy,always go with what is on the table because of unforseen circumstances.eg insecurity etc that can affect performance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 1:14pm On Jun 27
bovali:

This is as high level as i can make it to keep it brief. All i'll say is when you invest, think to yourself if wale tinubu is someone you can trust with your money. Cause with oando, you're betting on the person running it to succeed. The whole of 2023, and only one profitable quarter. In Q2 they had an FX gain of 258bn, hence the 140bn profit for the period. Then guess what happened in Q4? Another 377bn in FX gain but this time they lost 70bn for the period. How do you make less with more? Don't ask me further questions because everything is in public space for all to see and analyse. Your own DD is advised.

Thanks a million times for the guide. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:21pm On Jun 27
Welcome back again Sir, @Nosa2.
You sure came back to the market at the right time.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:30pm On Jun 27
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:30pm On Jun 27
debeey87:
this bonus was rumoured earlier in the year and a lot of folks here had thought it will come with the FY23 dividend.

My worry will be share dilution is growth if growth is not like we have seen in nahco going forward. Dividend after now will be reduced.
The issue is that quite a lot of investors play short term...
Long termers won't see dilution as any issue especially for good companies.....

Don't know if anyone remembered CUTIX when a bonus of 1:1 was given sometimes ago....
Was marked down and it went as low as 1.85 in the course of the year(s)...
Today, a long termer should be sitting on closed to, or even over +100% gain on the stock........aside the dividends paid...
So, if we think long term for bonus issues, it will most definitely deliver.
Quite a handful of examples too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:30pm On Jun 27
megawealth01:
Unity Bank projects N5.2bn profit in Q3, 2024

https://dailyeconomy.ng/2024/06/unity-bank-projects-n5-2bn-profit-in-q3-2024/

You can read up the info there... Be guided
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:31pm On Jun 27
bovali:

How many of their Rigs are operational and contracted out sef.

** DD advised is for a reason. I say no more.
** I have <100,000 units for gambling & FOMU tho.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:34pm On Jun 27
KayOn1:
How many of their Rigs are operational and contracted out sef.

** DD advised is for a reason. I say no more.
** I have <100,000 units for gambling & FOMU tho.
If OANDO didn't delist, we'll be back to remind some of you about these your posts.....God willing . smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:36pm On Jun 27
Choiceguy:

Hope is not a strategy,always go with what is on the table because of unforseen circumstances.eg insecurity etc that can affect performance.

No one has said anything here about hope being a strategy.
The ''insecurity etc. that can affect performance'' is also talking about potential future occurrence or events that affect profits.
It is a known global principle that investing is always more futuristic than the past . That is why each company will prepare a prospectus for each public or rights offer to inform the public about the future prospects of the company.
It is not always about past performance only.

There is also something called ''insider information'' which may not be known to the investing public at a point in time.
Again, it is a free market and people have varied reasons/strategies based on privileged knowledge, information, investment goals and objectives, as well as the timing or tenure of the investment.
Some would buy a near-dead stocks at very cheap price now, and sell at massive gains in future when the company's performance improves.
Others would wait until when the company is doing very well and then buy the stocks at a higher value.
Intl Breweries, Hone-well Flour Mills etc. are also going through some restructuring and their prices are very low now.
But Oando is not for those who want to make huge profits in the short term. Be ready for the long haul because it would take time.
Go check the quantum of viable oil reserves that Oando commands; that is the key thing to its future prospects.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PuristForest: 1:37pm On Jun 27
wiating for uba at 16.7 ish
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 27
yMcy56:

If OANDO didn't delist, we'll be back to remind some of you about these your posts.....God willing . smiley

See this Oando, una go explain tire.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 1:44pm On Jun 27
yMcy56:

Fundamentals is not the only factor that move stock prices especially in Nigeria. Family name does too. Till Fundamentals improve, I am not increasing my position.

** I am the Captain of my ship and the last time I checked, I have not veered off the desired trajectory.

When people drive from Warri to Onne to collect a bolt, ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 1:59pm On Jun 27
By that time the plane might have taken off... wink

KayOn1:

Fundamentals is not the only factor that move stock prices especially in Nigeria. Family name does too. Till Fundamentals improve, I am not increasing my position.

** I am the Captain of my ship and the last time I checked, I have not veered off the desired trajectory.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 2:20pm On Jun 27
mikeapollo:

She said everything she had to say in the quoted post. In all the stocks you mentioned bar Transcorp, something happen that changed their fortune chiefly of which is management.

For transcorp, the management didn't change but it took an attempt for a take over before the Chairman had to let minority shareholders benefit. That's someone that's even known to democratize wealth ooo (As he would say) if you compare every other of his company listed.

What is the antecedents of Oandos management?When last did Oando pay dividends? How much dividends has investors that bought it about 70 Naira gotten cumulatively from 2010 till now.

Also, this is not their first time of acquiring assets. Oando acquired ConocoPhilips in 2014 with fanfares. How has that benefitted the shareholders.

There is all also " Future Potentials" and "revenue and profitability" that at the end will disappear all the while it will just disappear as usual. So, let us just gamble in peace and allow sentiments make money for whoever want to ride with the tides but if you really want to look at it based on antecedents, there's nothing in it.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:27pm On Jun 27
ON POINT! grin grin
freeman67:

She said everything she had to say in the quoted post. In all the stocks you mentioned bar Transcorp, something happen that changed their fortune chiefly of which is management.

For transcorp, the management didn't change but it took an attempt for a take over before the Chairman had to let minority shareholders benefit. That's someone that's even known to democratize wealth ooo (As he would say) if you compare every other of his company listed.

What is the antecedents of Oandos management?When last did Oando pay dividends? How much dividends has investors that bought it about 70 Naira gotten cumulatively from 2010 till now.

Also, this is not their first time of acquiring assets. Oando acquired ConocoPhilips in 2014 with fanfares. How has that benefitted the shareholders.

There is all also " Future Potentials" and "revenue and profitability" that at the end will disappear all the while it will just disappear as usual. So, let us just gamble in peace and allow sentiments make money for whoever want to ride with the tides but if you really want to look at it based on antecedents, there's nothing in it .
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bovali(f): 2:43pm On Jun 27
megawealth01:

OANDO's only problem is the personality

If they announce a new management now without that person even with this court case you won't see it to buy till 100

Just imagine a new management with the news that Otedola has gotten 11% of the total supply?

Just imagine am

That’s my whole point. Cause even if you inject 3 trillion today, they will still find a way to make loss. It’s mind boggling

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Picky1: 2:59pm On Jun 27
KayOn1:

Bros, as you mention Waffi, abeg expatiate...... smiley cool
Disclaimer: I do not own OANDO and don't intend to buy.....good luck to the gamblers in the house!!!
As an unapologetic investor....the stock 'showed me small' long ago, hence I don't look at it and it's brother Japaul nowadays...always jump and pass cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:07pm On Jun 27
freeman67:

For Transcorp, the management didn't change but it took an attempt for a take over before the Chairman had to let minority shareholders benefit. That's someone that's even known to democratize wealth ooo (As he would say) if you compare every other of his company listed.

What is the antecedents of Oandos management? When last did Oando pay dividends? How much dividends has investors that bought it about 70 Naira gotten cumulatively from 2010 till now.

There is all also " Future Potentials" and "revenue and profitability" that at the end will disappear all the while it will just disappear as usual. So, let us just gamble in peace and allow sentiments make money for whoever want to ride with the tides but if you really want to look at it based on antecedents, there's nothing in it.

My point is, some investors may consider the future prospects of a company and take a position in it. It is part of the risks involved in investing!
I am not saying Oando is good stocks or bad!

Every listed company/stocks currently struggling can also have a turnaround like Transcorp or any other company did.
Oando's problems started more than a decade ago when it was rumoured that some politicians like James Ibori etc. had some stake in it.
As a downstream company it paid dividends consistently, paying N4 per share for FY2007; N3 per share FY 2009;FY2010 & FY2011. The least was N1 per share FY 2014.
The change in business from downstream to upstream and the acquisition of assets of multinationals like Conocco Philips apparently took a huge toll on the company's cash position which affected its operations. Again, numerous issues with major shareholders and SEC also dragged the company down. It is not easy for a company to pay the equivalent of USD600m to one single shareholder and not feel the impact.
However, the company seems to have overcome these challenges with a new lease of life and the strategic acquisition of ENI/NAOC assets. It also paid off most of its commercial loans.
Afrexim Bank directors are no fools to give a loan of USD800m to a company that has no good prospects. Recently, the company pre-financed the FGN with about USD500m loan. These are signs that there could be something coming up that we may not be fully aware of as at now.
If not for the issue of delisting, Oando would be selling well above N25 by now. Unless we are saying that things will never ever improve in the company because Wale Tinubu is the CEO! He was the CEO when the company was paying dividends.

Bottom line:
Every investment appraisal methodology (e.g. past financial results or future earnings, performance etc.) has its merits and downside. Chose the one that favours you; float with your money or sink with it!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27
OANDO causing abracadabra on NSEMPA for years😂. The more you look, the less you see...
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 3:55pm On Jun 27
Agbalowomeri:

Na weekend na. BBM don dey kampe
Na why baba begin see double double
In fact, double bottom
...Agba, I beg leave me make I dey see double bottom for weekend o! Double bottom for CWG don make 30% gain in less than a week
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 3:59pm On Jun 27
megawealth01:

Make I buy am in your name so if anything wrong happens you go refund me?

No be financial advice o. But i dey inside bus
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:05pm On Jun 27
SonofElElyonRet:

No be financial advice o. But i dey inside bus

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:10pm On Jun 27
mikeapollo:

My point is, some investors may consider the future prospects of a company and take a position in it. It is part of the risks involved in investing!
I am not saying Oando is good stocks or bad!

Every listed company/stocks currently struggling can also have a turnaround like Transcorp or any other company did.
Oando's problems started more than a decade ago when it was rumoured that some politicians like James Ibori etc. had some stake in it.
As a downstream company it paid dividends consistently, paying N4 per share for FY2007; N3 per share FY 2009;FY2010 & FY2011. The least was N1 per share FY 2014.
The change in business from downstream to upstream and the acquisition of assets of multinationals like Conocco Philips apparently took a huge toll on the company's cash position which affected its operations. Again, numerous issues with major shareholders and SEC also dragged the company down. It is not easy for a company to pay the equivalent of USD600m to one single shareholder and not feel the impact.
However, the company seems to have overcome these challenges with a new lease of life and the strategic acquisition of ENI/NAOC assets. It also paid off most of its commercial loans.
Afrexim Bank directors are no fools to give a loan of USD800m to a company that has no good prospects. Recently, the company pre-financed the FGN with about USD500m loan. These are signs that there could be something coming up that we may not be fully aware of as at now.
If not for the issue of delisting, Oando would be selling well above N25 by now. Unless we are saying that things will never ever improve in the company because Wale Tinubu is the CEO! He was the CEO when the company was paying dividends.

Bottom line:
Every investment appraisal methodology (e.g. past financial results or future earnings, performance etc.) has its merits and downside. Chose the one that favours you; float with your money or sink with it!

That name eh... Well we are waiting for OANDO'S homecoming
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 4:10pm On Jun 27
BullBearMkt:
OANDO causing abracadabra on NSEMPA for years😂. The more you look, the less you see...
grin grin grin grin grin
A
O and O for a reason grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KayOn1: 4:16pm On Jun 27
KarlTom:
By that time the plane might have taken off... wink

I go still follow una Jolly small with the <100k units I have.
At all, at all na e bad pass but I refuse to jump in with two legs into ... for now but all options are open when things improve including cross deals.

May salary for some s..ffs sef, ...

DD.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 4:17pm On Jun 27
SonofElElyonRet:

But why has mutual benefit been stagnant for a while ?

Mutual benefit moved substantially today... hope it continues
Anyone has any idea of the catalyst?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7833) (7834) (7835) (7836) (7837) (7838) (7839) ... (8016) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MARKETJJC, teejay1334(m), martosi, olig(m), lasisi(m), Panadee, Wiseadebiye, emmaodet, Hogwarthtrades and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.