Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,595 members, 7,941,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7929) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11482982 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7926) (7927) (7928) (7929) (7930) (7931) (7932) ... (8125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 12:25pm On Jul 30
ositadima1:

Was the right issue cancelled? 😄 This would cause the outstanding shares to balloon to 188 billion units. Then, if buyers are looking at equity that would amount to 2.4 naira per share when distributed across the huge OS.

It seems they are also involved in currency speculation, as their cash flow statement shows a huge 200 billion from forward call/put options (whatever that means).

Despite good products and increasing revenue, their operations is a value destroyer. undecided

If the money had come from the right issue ,that should have led to an increase in OS which is not the case.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 12:26pm On Jul 30
Agbalowomeri:

Ahh na the TA people go fit give us signal o
...Agba I hope you're not making gest of us in the bus becos of merger "hopeville" cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:27pm On Jul 30
Laso09:

If the money had come from the right issue ,that should have led to an increase in OS which is not the case.

I never said the money came from a rights issue. I asked a simple question: Was the rights issue cancelled?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 12:29pm On Jul 30
yMcy56:
APR Q2, 2024
@CP, abeg help touch light the fair value of APR, na Q2 be this....

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41806_AFRICA_PRUDENTIAL_PLC-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2024.pdf

CILEASING
Financial statement released.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41868_C_AND_I_LEASING_PLC.-_QUARTER_5_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2024.pdf

The company did better than the group in terms of turnover and profit. There should be some explanation for this.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 12:30pm On Jul 30
ositadima1:

I never said the money came from a rights issue. I asked a simple question: Was the rights issue cancelled?

I don't even know myself.
I am just being curious to understand those figures.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:33pm On Jul 30
What IF the dust does not clear until km50 grin grin

megawealth01:

Anyone that missed Oando should just move on until the dust clears...

You can still buy it then sef no matter the price...

Nothing is really missed in this market as opportunities dey always dey
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 12:37pm On Jul 30
KarlTom:
What IF the dust does not clear until km50 grin grin

Anything can happen. But the prospects of Oando going above N50 is very high, especially if the HY 2024 financials show positive results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 12:42pm On Jul 30
Someone should please help and move Total make my 2000 units will gain small. please Madam Mcy help out
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:46pm On Jul 30
UCAP on FULL OFFER... shocked grin

AFRIPUD you do this one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 12:47pm On Jul 30
Sure thing!
I only hope this rally can be sustained until at least NGN30... wink
mikeapollo:

Anything can happen. But the prospects of Oando going above N50 is very high, especially if the HY 2024 financials show positive results.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 12:52pm On Jul 30
KarlTom:

AFRIPUD you do this one.

that's effectively N11 after mark down if price stays this way
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 12:59pm On Jul 30
KarlTom:
AFRIPUD you do this one.
I also wonder oo
Doesn't people want bonus again?
Or they're afraid UCAP's bonus too might not be real?
AFRIPRUD mistake was from NGX, the officer in charge needs to be queried and suspended for toying and misleading with very sensitive info!

Announcement!!
UCAP's bonus issue of 2:1 (two new for every one held) is real ooooo 😁

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 1:02pm On Jul 30
Laso09:

I don't even know myself.
I am just being curious to understand those figures.

It's all there in the report. I couldn't get the formatting right but I hope you can make sense of the images attached at the summary.

The source - Shareholder loan -equity conversion
Image #1

What it was used for - Debt repayment ($342M is c. N512B)
Image #2

The effect - Zero borrowings and jump in Equity
Image #3

Reasonable enough for me as SEC is yet to approve the RI (Notes 17, pg 12).

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:03pm On Jul 30
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:08pm On Jul 30
BullBearMkt:

...Agba I hope you're not making gest of us in the bus becos of merger "hopeville" cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin

Gest ke. It's a good buy at N15
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:10pm On Jul 30
Agbalowomeri:

Why you go talk this kyn thing cry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:11pm On Jul 30
Agbalowomeri:

shocked
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 1:12pm On Jul 30
Agbalowomeri:

Agba no give this woman HP ooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:13pm On Jul 30
sterlingD:
PRESTIGE Q2 2024

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41877_PRESTIGE_ASSURANCE_PLC-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2024.pdf

ECOBANK

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/41878_ECOBANK_TRANSNATIONAL_INCORPORATED-_QUARTER_2_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2024_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JULY_2024.pdf

Fantastic financial print from PRESTIGE ASSURANCE!
"Maybe we could ride the veritas way here". cheesy cool

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice. ...due diligence still applies as always.

#volsupportive
#momentumbuildup

It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30
Ginalex:
Why you go talk this kyn thing cry
...are you also in the bus @Ginalex? If yes, don't mind Agba
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30
Omooloriredade:

It's all there in the report. I couldn't get the formatting right but I hope you can make sense of the images attached at the summary.

Image # What it was used for - Debt repayment ($342M is c. N512B)
Image #2

Image #3

It was approved by the SEC as stated in the corporate disclosure.

Now, regarding the equity conversion, this looks more like the RI (Rights Issue) took place(in advance grin ). I don't see why shareholders would lend 500 billion with nothing in exchange, especially when an RI is approved by the SEC. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 1:20pm On Jul 30
Omooloriredade:

Image #1

What it was used for - Debt repayment ($342M is c. N512B)
Image #2

Image #3

Thanks, could it be that the owner have already deposited money for the RI

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:24pm On Jul 30
BullBearMkt:

...are you also in the bus @Ginalex? If yes, don't mind Agba
grin grin grin grin grin
I am😩. Although I had exited Dangsugar at 47. If not na wotowoto I for dey collect from both ends. Just waiting for the perfect reentry price for Sugar

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 1:27pm On Jul 30
KarlTom:

AFRIPUD you do this one.

UCAP profit taking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 1:30pm On Jul 30
onegentleguy:

#volsupportive
#momentumbuildup

It is well
I guess the insurance companies are having a field day.
I noticed that Veritas Board meeting is coming up on 2nd August 2024 and with the volume witnessed recently, I also guess the party is not over with Veritas.
Please, what do you think?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30
Ginalex:
I am😩. Although I had exited Dangsugar at 47. If not na wotowoto I for dey collect from both ends. Just waiting for the perfect reentry price for Sugar

Wotowoto from both ends, Chineke m.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:32pm On Jul 30
onegentleguy:

It's ok bro. ...am honestly not upset. cheesy wink grin

My post was mainly to address the concern around the seemingly bloated RI allotment peg and if indeed the capital raise/equity financing is necessary.

That said, your concern on whether the exercise will result to some level of dilution is valid. (RIs often does)
But look at it this way; it'd be easier and faster to grow earnings than dilute same (ref: CPS/EPS/EM) if you have an efficient capital structure and a clean slate in BS position.
...that's what the exercise aims to achieve. (via share cap reduction)

Again, note that the OS position will not increase the % FF post the RI exercise. Minority holders like you and I will still hold the same %... but that's assuming they all take up their rights.
Otherwise the liquidity concern you're probably worried about will only get better. This is especially true of coys with lean SS and FF like INTBREW. (unlike the transcorp example you mentioned) wink cheesy cool

I'll say it again; the RI/SCR exercise has some pros and cons. But the good thing is that the pros far outweigh the cons and puts the average minority investor in a better stead.

Kindly read through my previous post. (a revert to @ kayon1)
But pls also do well to follow your instinct.

Do take care

Laso09:

When I highlighted that "they don't need our money", some thought it was just a mere statement. wink cheesy grin

I wonder why the stock has been on massive bid for days. Some "unseen hands" are trying real hard to keep it low and accumulate as much as possible. Typical NGX playbook! cheesy cool

It is well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 1:34pm On Jul 30
ositadima1:

It was approved by the SEC as stated in the corporate disclosure.

Now, regarding the equity conversion, this looks more like the RI (Rights Issue) took place(in advance grin ). I don't see why shareholders would lend 500 billion with nothing in exchange, especially when an RI is approved by the SEC. grin

SEC is yet to approve the results of the RI was what I meant. So No, the debt was not "officially" offset by the proceeds of the RI.

SEC granting approval to proceed with a capital raise is different from approval for issuance and listing of new shares. Note 17 clearly states the later is yet to be approved.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 1:37pm On Jul 30
Laso09:

I'm inclined to think so at this stage too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:38pm On Jul 30
onegentleguy:

#volsupportive
#momentumbuildup

It is well

Almost immediately after this post and PRESTIGE has already gained 8% from 52k to 56k.
...fast fingers! cheesy cool

It is well
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:42pm On Jul 30
UBA at 20👀👀. Is it the same 70% windfall tax that's causing the dip in virtually all the banking stocks?? Let it kuku get to 18 naira

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sky2891: 1:44pm On Jul 30
FBNH Board Meeting coming up tomorrow 31st July 2024.
Hopefully, result may likely surpass expectations.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7926) (7927) (7928) (7929) (7930) (7931) (7932) ... (8125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: egojeny1(f), Agbalowomeri, Olaide1295, mosh2035(m), LixSz and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.