Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,833 members, 7,921,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (8002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11357717 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7999) (8000) (8001) (8002) (8003) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 1:29pm
Where is loco, it's been a long time here.. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 1:41pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 1:46pm
mikeapollo:

Lol! Anything is possible. Don't be surprised if you see the Ondo's price going down towards N10. There are people that would want that to happen so they can buy more, and I am one of them.
What matters now is individual preferences and focus. Short term gains/gamble; or long term massive profits?

The industry/sector that Oando belongs to is the money-spinning one, if one allows his/her investment to mature.

It is unfortunate that most of us fail to listen to that call of 400% even when they were seeing it on paper profit. Oando on a free fall by next week will be selling below 30

Now everyone is shouting I will load more if
price goes beyond a particular amount.

That's how gamble stock behave

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:50pm
toyeoye:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/08/15/nigeria-to-issue-500-million-domestic-dollar-bond-on-monday/
what do they need it for.Townhall and his gang of thieves are tired of stealing in naira.They want to finish the country to the fourth generation.I hope Buhari does not turn out to be better than this man which I never anticipated in my life
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 1:54pm
Choiceguy:

It is unfortunate that most of us fail to listen to that call of 400% even when they were seeing it on paper profit. Oando on a free fall by next week will be selling below 30

For me, Oando has transited from being a gamble to a strategic investment, the moment the court threw out the request for buy-out by the 14 minority shareholders.
What happened just recently on NGX should be an eye-opener to all gamblers/investor! There is huge, but latent interest in Oando and the price can possibly make a constant 10% gain on daily basis for 3-4 weeks if they release good results!
Just let's wait until they release full year results for 2024 and half year for 2025.
People may not find it to buy at N50 or more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:55pm
Choiceguy:

Did you ever buy oando in the first place. And why didn't you buy.lol.I want to remember something or verify something
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:58pm
mikeapollo:

For me, Oando has transited from being a gamble to a strategic investment, the moment the court threw out the request for buy-out by the 14 minority shareholders.

I cannot remember this happening yet.Though I have the strongest reason that it will happen
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olig(m): 1:58pm
I wouldn't have replied, but your last sentence makes me angry. What do you mean by that?

And na wetin dey even pain me be that; anytime I imagine how Buhari will be laughing us now cry
Right now Buhari is feeling like a super man, hero and genius at the same time, despite that he brought us here.
And na that his smile and laughter dey make me vex anytime I imagine how he will be feeling right now.

Na joke I dey o grin grin but it is true.

Streetinvestor2:
what do they need it for.Townhall and his gang of thieves are tired of stealing in naira.They want to finish the country to the fourth generation.I hope Buhari does not turn out to better than this man.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:03pm
mikeapollo:

What happened just recently on NGX should be an eye-opener to all gamblers/investor! There is huge, but latent interest in Oando and the price can possibly make a constant 10% gain on daily basis for 3-4 weeks if they release good results!
Just let's wait until they release full year results for 2024 and half year for 2025.
People may not find it to buy at N50 or more.

I won't advice you to make it a long term play until the picture is clearer, enjoy the capital appreciation and remember to book profit.

The company will be recapitalized and i won't be surprised if the current holders will own 5% of the recapitalized business

Check out the shareholders fund @ almost negative N200 billion

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:12pm
olig:
I wouldn't have replied, but your last sentence makes me angry. What do you mean by that?

And na wetin dey even pain me be that; anytime I imagine how Buhari will be laughing us now cry
Right now Buhari is feeling like a super man, hero and genius at the same time, despite that he brought us here.
And na that his smile and laughter dey make me vex anytime I imagine how he will be feeling right now.

Na joke I dey o grin grin but it is true.

If you know how I hate that man called Buhari because of personal experience in kaduna. The only thing in his head is fanatism/bigotry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:13pm
emmanuelewumi:

I won't advice you to make it a long term play until the picture is clearer, enjoy the capital appreciation and remember to book profit.

The company will be recapitalized and i won't be surprised if the current holders will own 5% of the recapitalized business

Thanks, advice taken.
My context of ''long-term'' is not necessarily to keep it for dividends. No! But I want to keep for a while and sell at a higher price relying on the rally after they release some good results for FY2024 or mid year 2025.
The final destination of my funds will be to buy FG treasury bills and collect huge interest upfront, but Oando is the stock that can surely give me the kind of capital gains that I am targeting between now and then.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 2:17pm
Streetinvestor2:
what do they need it for.Townhall and his gang of thieves are tired of stealing in naira.They want to finish the country to the fourth generation.I hope Buhari does not turn out to be better than this man which I never anticipated in my life

grin grin grin
We know its meant for "them"
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:19pm
Streetinvestor2:
I cannot remember this happening yet.Though I have the strongest reason that it will happen

The judgement of the Court is available in newspapers and online. All it would require is a few minutes to search, read and be very aware.
The certified true copy of the judgement can also be obtained from the Court Registry.

For emphasis, the Court has thrown out the request of the 14 minority shareholders for Oando to buy-out all minority shareholders. That is part of the reason for the price rally in the last few weeks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 2:22pm
mikeapollo:

Thanks, advice taken.
My context of ''long-term'' is not necessarily to keep it for dividends. No! But I want to keep for a while and sell at a higher price relying on the rally after they release some good results for FY2024 or mid year 2025.
The final destination of my funds will be to buy FG treasury bills and collect huge interest upfront, but Oando is the stock that can surely give me the kind of capital gains that I am targeting between now and then.

O and O wey go sell above #150 before May 2026 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GeeKudi(m): 2:22pm
ndept:
No mind them. I don't know what is so special in Oando going down or being on offer, after all, it was on bid for weeks too. Meanwhile, be on the look out for anyday or time the offer start to dry, there is money to be made there if one is lucky to pick before the offer dry up.

Hello bro.
Do you use the MorganCapital platform? Can you direct me how to check the order and bid movement? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:25pm
emmanuelewumi:

Good point out.I didn't buy based on any result because thr was no current one.My buy was based on different reasons as my own DD.Funny enough it was what I used too to buy IB.It was because I wanted to know what is really eating up thr revenue as the street suggests they should be making big returns.I decided to go through the last H1 result. And behold I saw the problem .which is cost of sales,administrative expenses and biggest realised forex loss.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:30pm
mikeapollo:

Thanks, advice taken.

Do you know what it means to have a negative shareholders fund?

Return on equity will be negative, Return on Invested Capital will be negative.

As earlier said the company will need to be recapitalized through Right Offer to the tune of over N300 billion.

Having a public offer or special placement might wipe out the current holders

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 2:30pm
Someone just mentioned Rtbriscoe and you send it to full-offer.na wa for una ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:34pm
mikeapollo:

The judgement of the Court is available in newspapers and online. All it would require is a few minutes to search, read and be very aware.
The certified true copy of the judgement can also be obtained from the Court Registry.

For emphasis, the Court has thrown out the request of the 14 minority shareholders for Oando to buy-out all minority shareholders. That is part of the reason for the price rally in the last few weeks.
The judgement I am aware of is that of the second set of shareholders who asked to be joined in the suit which was delivered in thr favour. The first case which I believe was by the 14 guys is yet to be determined and I believe was adjourned for October. Though I believe it is now dead on arrival by recent events. Don't be taking oando issues personal.If I am wrong you could show the link
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:34pm
thebargainhunte:

It will even sell above that by then but capital restructuring will take place. The current entity of the business will be between 5% to 10% of the restructured business

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 2:35pm
Streetinvestor2:
Good point out.I didn't buy based on any result because thr was no current one.My buy was based on different reasons as my own DD.Funny enough it was what I used too to buy IB.It was because I wanted to know what is really eating up thr revenue as the street suggests they should be making big returns.I decided to go through the last H1 result. And behold I saw the problem .which is cost of sales,administrative expenses and biggest realised forex loss.

Eterna oil has a negative share holders fund which was mainly caused by FX loss too. I believe oil companies will perform from next year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 2:37pm
emmanuelewumi:

Do you know what it means to have a negative shareholders fund?

Return on equity will be negative, Return on Invested Capital will be negative.

As earlier said the company will need to be recapitalized through Right Offer to the tune of over N300 billion.

Having a public offer or special placement might wipe out the current holders
Speaking of Negative shareholder equity, pls how is it likely play out in dangsugar
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:40pm
thebargainhunte:

Lol! I can imagine the number of people saying a big ''amen'' to that prophecy/prayer.

This is what some folks should realize:
Oando's price going down very low in the last 5 or more years is an opportunity for some people to make big money. It comes once in a very long time. This is Oando's turnaround period when people need to take position.
I have witnessed similar things in the past with stocks like BCC (Later Dangote) Cement, WAPCO, FBN. That is what gave me the heads up and made me realize the opportunity that Oando presents.

Currently, International Breweries and Honeywell Flour are other stocks that can give similar huge profits in future. But the exact timing of the year of their turnaround is what we do not know yet.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:45pm
Total debt here was about N750 billion, that was prior to the recent acquisition.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:48pm
Adinije:
Speaking of Negative shareholder equity, pls how is it likely play out in dangsugar

Wait for the next quarterly result to see if it reducing or increasing. I think it should come positive this year.

That of Oando had been increasing over the past 6 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:56pm
If you are investing with figures, facts, knowledge and information you can afford to be greedy.

But if you are gambling with emotions or doing follow follow, it is better to book profit when the opportunity comes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by oyamhe(m): 3:00pm
emmanuelewumi:
I recommend this book. It will expand your investment knowledge and wisdom

Is it available in any book or online store in Nigeria ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:01pm
oyamhe:

Is it available in any book or online store in Nigeria ?

Do a Google search
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 3:02pm
QED 100%

emmanuelewumi:
If you are investing with figures, facts, knowledge and information you can afford to be greedy.

But if you are gambling with emotions or doing follow follow, it is better to book profit when the opportunity comes
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:03pm
Streetinvestor2:
The judgement I am aware of is that of the second set of shareholders who asked to be joined in the suit which was delivered in thr favour. The first case which I believe was by the 14 guys is yet to be determined and I believe was adjourned for October. Though I believe it is now dead on arrival by recent events. Don't be taking oando issues personal.If I am wrong you could show the link

There is nothing personal.
The 5 minority shareholders went to court to challenge and oppose the initial 14 minority shareholders that originally went to court to ask for Oando to buy-out all other minority shareholders. Oando offered to pay N7.07 per share.
The Court then gave judgement (in favour of the 5 shareholders) by telling the 14 minority shareholders that they have no right to ask Oando to acquire the shares of all other minority shareholders who do not want to sell their shares. The Court said all the other minority shareholders cannot be forced to sell their shares.
The Court then said it's earlier order for Oando to submit a Scheme of Arrangement (for the buy-out and delisting) should be limited/restricted to only the shares of the 14 minority shareholders if they still want Oando to buy-out their shares.
The Scheme of Arrangement is the case that is still to come up in future(in October).
So even if Oando is to buy-out any shares right now, it can only buy out the shares of only the 14 minority shareholders that signed the court documents and took the case to court. Other minority shareholders cannot be bought-out for now. That is the judgement of Court.
So the Scheme of Arrangement case coming up (in October) concerns only the 14 minority shareholders. It does not concern the other minority shareholders (like those of us here on NL) who were not party to the case in court.
This has basically destroyed the whole buy-out plan.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 3:05pm
emmanuelewumi:

Wait for the next quarterly result to see if it reducing or increasing. I think it should come positive this year.

That of Oando had been increasing over the past 6 years
I equally believe that of oando will be heading north based on the recent buying of agip and hidden businesses,lol.Though I am concerned as per interest associated with the fund for the purchase of that asset. If truely they are presently sitting on 50,000 per day production from what someone shared here then they have a big plus The biggest problem still remains the masquerade as the head of the business. You cannot fully predict what he can do next.If he turns a new leave the negative retained earnings should start improving seriously from 2025 if oil price remains high

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 3:12pm
Totalenergies added 41.50 today. Closing at 511.90 a 52wk high.
This one just offset all my loss from transcorp and dang sugar.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7999) (8000) (8001) (8002) (8003) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Princkez, floydmayweather, vinmayo(m), BabsO2(m), Stan2330(m), eziokwunwoko(m), cocolacec(m), ositadima1(m), veecovee, emmanuelewumi(m), Streetinvestor2 and 17 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.