Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,678 members, 7,935,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (8079) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11439433 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8076) (8077) (8078) (8079) (8080) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 4:29pm
KarlTom:
I dey wait o grin grin
Lol. Make dem no call you sheep o.😁

NGX price movement works within daily -/+10% threshold.....
Just want to get the rule and other supporting docs, make I show am.

Even for Off Market Deals, it must be reported, so we need to know how their own 16 was traded and where it passed thru

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:30pm
designking:

Yes ooo and many of my friends have been buying the ₦16+ Oando...
You sure your friend never enter mugu for one sharp yahoo boy.He is generating clone receipt they wire am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by designking: 4:32pm
Streetinvestor2:
You sure your friend never enter mugu for one sharp yahoo boy.He is generating clone receipt they wire am.

Ahahahahahaha. Nigerians can truly do anything ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olig(m): 4:32pm
You are right. But I wonder how arbitrage would work in a centralized space like stock. I know it works and is not difficult with crypto. But here, I hope the person will not end up losing the little value that it has on JSE.

@KarlTom
This number 2 caught my attention.
2. Registrar Coordination: The company's registrar will handle the cancellation of the shares on the JSE and reissue them on the NGX.

My mind is telling me that it will be more or less "selling on JSE and buying back on NGX" with the amount realized at the point of the transaction. Shares are not canceled at an individual's request just like that. It doesn't add up to cancel 20 and give/award 70; who will bear the 50?

Ginalex:
Like an arbitrage trade, buy low in one market and sell high in another. I'm not exactly sure how it's done but I know it's possible. There'll definitely risks involved (foreign exchange risk for example)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 4:33pm
designking:

The JSE Oando is it the same as the NGX Oando?

The loot where I say make you go bank queitely, na him you wan carry go ship JSE Oando to come credit to your CSCS here.
Sharp Nigerian, see as business idea jump enter your mind.
But if cowboy catch you ehen...
JSE Oando na contraband in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 4:33pm
Are the Oando listings on JSE Depositary Receipts or actual shares. undecided

Depositary Receipts:
These are negotiable financial instruments issued by a bank to represent a foreign company's publicly traded securities. The depositary bank holds the underlying shares in custody in the company's home country.

Ownership Structure:
The actual shares are held by the depositary bank in the company's home country.
The receipts traded on foreign exchanges represent ownership of these underlying shares.

Trading Implications:
In this scenario, you're not directly trading the original shares, but rather the receipts that represent ownership of those shares. This structure has several implications:
a) Conversion: Many depositary receipt programs allow for conversion between the receipts and the underlying shares, though this process may involve fees and take some time.
b) Price Differences: While the prices of the receipts and the underlying shares should theoretically be equivalent (adjusting for exchange rates), discrepancies can occur due to different trading hours, liquidity levels, and local market conditions.
c) Corporate Actions: Holders of depositary receipts generally have the same rights as direct shareholders, including dividends and voting rights, though the process might be slightly different.
d) Regulatory Considerations: The depositary receipt structure helps companies comply with different countries' regulatory requirements, making it easier for foreign investors to trade.

Arbitrage Potential:
While arbitrage is still possible in this scenario, it's more complex:
You'd be trading different instruments (receipts vs. actual shares) rather than the same shares on different exchanges.
The conversion process between receipts and underlying shares can take time and incur costs, potentially reducing arbitrage opportunities.

Risks and Considerations:
Currency Risk: As you're dealing with instruments potentially priced in different currencies.
Political Risk: Changes in regulations or political situations in either country could affect the depositary receipt program.
Liquidity Risk: Sometimes, depositary receipts might be less liquid than the underlying shares.

Professional Execution:
This type of arbitrage is typically executed by institutional investors or specialized arbitrage firms due to its complexity and the need for quick execution and advanced trading systems.
Copied

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by designking: 4:34pm
zendi:

The loot where I say make you go bank queitely, na him you wan carry go ship JSE Oando to come credit to your CSCS here.
Sharp Nigerian, see as business idea jump enter your mind.
But if cowboy catch you ehen...
JSE Oando na contraband in Nigeria.

Ahahahahaha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GeeKudi(m): 4:38pm
designking:
My friend claimed he bought Oando shares today at ₦16 and he even sent me this screenshot.

Do we have 2 different Oando stocks trading on the NGX

Fake News!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sunrisepebble: 4:48pm
Is it liquid on JSE?
KarlTom:
I just confirmed something. Seems 'your friend' bought from JSE not NGX.

OandO is trading on JSE between ZAR 0.18 and 0.23 (NGN15.87 and 20.20).

We would only be concerned IF his NGX portfolio is updated to reflect the units bought... wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 4:55pm
ositadima1:

hahahaha!!!

Na wahala I just find o.
why.?Is because you mentioned sugar/salt.Thr is reason alhaji is a rich guy.The third and last quarter will tell more on sugar.One of the problem with breweries is that apc government has really been fighting it.The sugar major loss is not yet realised. If it becomes that bad.Alhaji will never throw in the shareholders. He did it with flour that worth nothing at that time.He paid us #24.I don't see sugar going below 30...my opinion. Alhaji believes strongly in that company based on so many reasons. And government policy favours that sector not like alcohol being destroyed in the North
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sunrisepebble: 5:02pm
We pointed out this trade at #4,995, now trading @ #6,739(+35%) and WILL cross the 7k barrier tomorrow unfailingly. If you are highly capitalised and liquid, you can still enter as it will continue to rally till qualification date. They say im not blowing the trumpet loud enough, I don blow again o. A word is enough for the wise. Do your own DD sha.
Sunrisepebble:
Time to jijo in Aradel https://businessday.ng/markets/article/aradel-holdings-grows-half-year-profit-by-695-to-n104bn/?amp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:03pm
SEC approves Quidax and Busha as legally recognised crypto exchanges in Nigeria 

https://nairametrics.com/2024/08/29/sec-approves-quidax-and-busha-as-legally-recognised-crypto-exchanges-in-nigeria/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:05pm
Sunrisepebble:
We pointed out this trade at #4,995, now trading @ #6,739(+35%) and WILL cross the 7k barrier tomorrow unfailingly. If you are highly capitalised and liquid, you can still enter as it will continue to rally till qualification date. They say im not blowing the trumpet loud enough, I don blow again o. A word is enough for the wise. Do your own DD sha.

What's the os?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:06pm
megawealth01:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/08/29/sec-approves-quidax-and-busha-as-legally-recognised-crypto-exchanges-in-nigeria/

Confused people

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:06pm
@designking

The Wealthng platform does not look legit.

1. The prices of certain stocks are 'outdated' e.g. TOTAL is currently 388.9 (NGX: 618.30), OKOMU is 292 (NGX: 417.70), OANDO is 16.4 (NGX: 69.95)
2. Some stocks are still listed e.g. ARDOVA, UNIONBANK.
3. There is not place to fill in CHN, CSCS, BVN, NIN
4. They do not have an official bank account. Payment is by FLUTTERWAVE (if you know, you know) cool
5. They do not appear to have a regulator...

The good news is that you are yet to buy (I really hope so).
My advice is RUN! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:09pm
Not really.
Cumulative gain of 15% in the last 7days... smiley

Sunrisepebble:
Is it liquid on JSE?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:11pm
This is serious o... shocked

ositadima1:
Are the Oando listings on JSE Depositary Receipts or actual shares. undecided

Depositary Receipts:
These are negotiable financial instruments issued by a bank to represent a foreign company's publicly traded securities. The depositary bank holds the underlying shares in custody in the company's home country.

Ownership Structure:
The actual shares are held by the depositary bank in the company's home country.
The receipts traded on foreign exchanges represent ownership of these underlying shares.

Trading Implications:
In this scenario, you're not directly trading the original shares, but rather the receipts that represent ownership of those shares. This structure has several implications:
a) Conversion: Many depositary receipt programs allow for conversion between the receipts and the underlying shares, though this process may involve fees and take some time.
b) Price Differences: While the prices of the receipts and the underlying shares should theoretically be equivalent (adjusting for exchange rates), discrepancies can occur due to different trading hours, liquidity levels, and local market conditions.
c) Corporate Actions: Holders of depositary receipts generally have the same rights as direct shareholders, including dividends and voting rights, though the process might be slightly different.
d) Regulatory Considerations: The depositary receipt structure helps companies comply with different countries' regulatory requirements, making it easier for foreign investors to trade.

Arbitrage Potential:
While arbitrage is still possible in this scenario, it's more complex:
You'd be trading different instruments (receipts vs. actual shares) rather than the same shares on different exchanges.
The conversion process between receipts and underlying shares can take time and incur costs, potentially reducing arbitrage opportunities.

Risks and Considerations:
Currency Risk: As you're dealing with instruments potentially priced in different currencies.
Political Risk: Changes in regulations or political situations in either country could affect the depositary receipt program.
Liquidity Risk: Sometimes, depositary receipts might be less liquid than the underlying shares.

Professional Execution:
This type of arbitrage is typically executed by institutional investors or specialized arbitrage firms due to its complexity and the need for quick execution and advanced trading systems.
Copied
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 5:15pm

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:15pm
If truely they are buying my betnaija stock equivalent to #16 in jse.It means they are buying strickly based on FA and the agip deal made no difference to the guys over thr.

It then means on nse it is being priced based on the name Tinubu associated to oando.

Does it mean S/A guys don't see value in our townhall.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:20pm
KarlTom:
@designking

1. The prices of certain stocks are 'outdated' e.g. TOTAL is currently 388.9 (NGX: 618.30), OKOMU is 292 (NGX: 417.70), OANDO is 16.4 (NGX: 69.95)
4. They do not have an official bank account. Payment is by FLUTTERWAVE (if you know, you know) cool

My advice is RUN! smiley

Wealthng

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 5:23pm
Pesuzok:

Thank you, but try remove eye from Oando. The journey is still far, and we are expecting pull back,

Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:27pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:28pm
emmanuelewumi:

How come there is no revenue

They just want to punish ELLAHLAKES small
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 5:33pm
KarlTom:
@designking

My advice is RUN! smiley
Lol. It's like the friends have entered one chance.......

* For the NGX Rules, Rule 15.29 takes care of Pricing Methodology and Par Value Price Movements.
* I've posted it here before on some occasions....
* NGX is highly regulated and have rules and regulations that guides her operations, these rules conforms to international standards.
* Pls let's not just jump into anything we see or any house that calls themselves investment house, they might not be legit or it may be those boys that are behind it.
* Do findings, ask questions before you hand over your money to someone for trading purposes.
* Register with licensed brokers.
* Igi pawpaw o ni wo pa wa o. 😁

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by designking: 5:35pm
Na to sell Ellah Lakes oooo. Nothing impressive at all. Na to collect the little profit left.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sunrisepebble: 5:39pm
217 million, when they list on NGX 4bn. Everybody Dey rush am on NASD
megawealth01:

What's the os?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 5:48pm
I remember vividly, not too long ago that oga Emma said something like this would happen.
Agbalowomeri:
Nigerian Breweries

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/08/29/sec-ngx-approve-nigerian-breweries-plans-to-raise-n599-1bn-via-rights-issue/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sunrisepebble: 5:51pm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zendi: 5:54pm
Oando cannot command the same sentiments in South Africa as in Nigeria because South Africans do not know crude oil as we do.
Is there anybody here who cannot point at one billionaire or more from his State who are rumored to have made it through the "lifting of crude oil" ?
Nigeria is a petro-dollar nation, SA is not, to my awareness. So many Nigerians who have grown tired of dreaming of laying hand on NNPC Term Contract to market crude oil, let alone grabbing an oil block, are seizing opportunity to snap up the shares of Oando while it's still affordable.
The South Africans, meanwhile, are probably disecting Oando through Ewumi-style forensic analysis and, seeing no dividends in the near term, are valueing it accordingly.

When Oando shall start dishing out dividends, it may be highly profitable for dividend hunters to to go and load it that place because I believe the payouts will be the same in currency equivalence giving that the buy out proposal for the attempted Delisting was the same 7.07 or equivalent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by designking: 5:58pm
zendi:
Oando cannot command the same sentiments in South Africa as in Nigeria because South Africans do not know crude oil as we do.
Is there anybody here who cannot point at one billionaire or more from his State who are rumored to have made it through the "lifting of crude oil" ?
Nigeria is a petro-dollar nation, SA is not, to my awareness. So many Nigerians who have grown tired of dreaming of laying hand on NNPC Term Contract to market crude oil, let alone grabbing an oil block, are seizing opportunity to snap up the shares of Oando while it's still affordable.
The South Africans, meanwhile, are probably disecting Oando through Ewumi-style forensic analysis and, seeing no dividends in the near term, are valueing it accordingly.

When Oando shall start dishing dividends, it may be highly profitable for dividend hunters to to go and load it that place because I believe the payouts will be the same in currency equivalence giving that the buy out proposal for the attempted Delisting was the same 7.07 or equivalent.

Oando is a great long term stock. No matter what the sentiment or fundamentals say, Oando fair price is around ₦150 - ₦200. That is the price it will settle.

The stock has no business staying below ₦100.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by brotherly: 6:01pm
brotherly:

If you place a sell order for your units tomorrow, I can bet you that it won't last 10 seconds before you see it executed. So, if na me be you ...I go buy this ₦16 units to add, then sell everything at ₦70 per unit tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Meerahbel: 6:06pm
megawealth01:

Finally grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8076) (8077) (8078) (8079) (8080) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aimaft, teejay1334(m), yeddy99, eudoh940(m), Ginalex(f), progressing(m), Salvationone, GeeKudi(m), mikeapollo, Excellent7(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.