Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,672 members, 7,975,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 08:15 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (8156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11685017 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8153) (8154) (8155) (8156) (8157) (8158) (8159) ... (8279) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:04pm On Sep 12
veecovee:

Some people heart here have been sealed oo

O LORD of mercy πŸ₯Ί
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:09pm On Sep 12
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:10pm On Sep 12
megawealth01:
https://punchng.com/marketers-refiners-demand-total-subsidy-removal/#google_vignette

Marketers, Refiners Demand Total Subsidy Removal.

So where's the "subsidy is gone"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Megapower: 11:04pm On Sep 12
BullBearMkt:

SA: Spiritual Analysis
SiA: Sincerity Analysis
SeA: Sentiment Analysis
GA: Gut Analysis
DA: Dream Analysis
FA: Fundamental Analysis
TA: Technical Analysis
grin grin grin grin grin
Ok that’s funny
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Picky1: 1:11am On Sep 13
megawealth01:
Japaul Gold defies eight years loss streak, posts N587bn profit

https://businessday.ng/companies/article/japaul-gold-defies-eight-years-loss-streak-posts-n587bn-profit/

Bros, "Believe this, you'll believe anything" - JHC grin
Old news that they used to deceive the public last year or so! They can't get some people again grin
No bi only 587b na 587T.....They made N587b profit yet still came back to do N2b shares po. We hear them cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:19am On Sep 13
ndept:
Let me add @BrokerHaruna who was shouting here that "Guinness will suprise a Lot of People" By then, the books of Guinness was in a mess and some people here were shutting him down, telling him that Guinness is a bad stock with bad fundamentals, but he sticks to his decision on Guinness. Guinness was N21 then and still fell to N16 under 2 months. But alas, Guinness came with good fundamentals within a space of 6 months and moved from N15 to around N85. The rest is history.... The man has moved from this place to other forums where he is appreciated. Not to talk of @RabbiDoracle, meships, et al

Am really waiting for this kind of uprising to happen with intbrew...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 3:24am On Sep 13
Ginalex:
they should better release #1 dividend after all this paparazzi o. Or else🌚🌝

Ah 1naira Kee? if UBA release such as interim then access will have to be reasonable as well just that their various buy buy up&and down may not allow them provide better dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 5:16am On Sep 13
Etranzact will soon touch N10 and Chams is sold for N2 considering they are both doing almost the same business.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 5:34am On Sep 13
debostar:
I just want to find out the following :Is there any other way one can make money in the Nigerian stock market apart from dividend payout
Is there daily trading like the US stocks where one can make money daily by trading daily .Please ,help me if you know .Thanks
Daily trading highly risky but short term tradings, Yes.
If you master how to go about it.....
Buying low and selling high....with some bit of luck too.
Lots of factors cones to play here anyway.
Can't provide more info but reading thru some past pages may be of help to you too.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 5:48am On Sep 13
Agbalowomeri:
I am just wondering why people queue for stocks. If your analysis is convincing at the current price why wait to strike?
Good thought.
This is how it should be......
Even if it now falls a bit lower than pick up price, it will always come back up and move to green zone....😊

Sometimes while waiting endlessly, someone else will just appear from nowhere to clear the offers....
It happened yesterday in FMN and used to happen on different occasions.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 5:56am On Sep 13
Choiceguy:
Etranzact will soon touch N10 and Chams is sold for N2 considering they are both doing almost the same business.

ETranzact PLC's model seems to be international, while Chams PLC's model seems to be local.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 6:00am On Sep 13
BullBearMkt:

...laziness has set in! I enjoyed writing about the market
grin grin grin grin grin
Naaa.. done be hard on thyself Sir.
Besides, ur still in the market dishing nuggets when you can.

Nigeria happens to us all. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 6:19am On Sep 13
Choiceguy:

You can't compare stocks that way. Comparing SP in isolation is a very misleading way to evaluate stocks. This applies to the Oando/Seplat/Aradel or Geregu/Transcorp Power etc SP comparisons too.

To keep it simple in this particular case and using their FY'23 audited results, just find out their EPS and work out their PE. You will find that Etranzact is still cheaper. They are running their business more profitably based on FY'23 result o. Chams has got work to do to improve their financials. A recovery may well be in play but I haven't done any DD on them.

Disclaimer - I'm not suggesting a buy or sell in either stock.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 6:31am On Sep 13
Omooloriredade:

You can't compare stocks that way. Comparing SP in isolation is a very misleading way to evaluate stocks. This applies to the Oando/Seplat/Aradel or Geregu/Transcorp Power etc SP comparisons too.

To keep it simple in this particular case and using their FY'23 audited results, just find out their EPS and work out their PE. You will find that Etranzact is still cheaper. They are running their business more profitably based on FY'23 result o. Chams has got work to do to improve their financials. A recovery may well be in play but I haven't done any DD on them.

Disclaimer - I'm not suggesting a buy or sell in either stock.

I am not comparing them in the way you insinuated. What I just shared was to show that the territorial nature of their business is different.

Etranzact processes transactions for financial institutions across different countries especially in Africa, while the Chams seems to be more related to the local territory.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 6:47am On Sep 13
ololufemi:

I am not comparing them in the way you insinuated. What I just shared was to show that the territorial nature of their business is different.

Etranzact processes transactions for financial institutions across different countries especially in Africa, while the Chams seems to be more related to the local territory.

We both quoted Choiceguy? wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 6:51am On Sep 13
emmanuelewumi:

Even when you use dividend of N5.00 , a required return of 20% and a sustainable earning growth of 15%, you will still have a valuation of N100

The 20%, is it return on equity or ROIC?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 7:01am On Sep 13
RodgersAkpafu:

Guy
Private University school fees were paid IN FULL

No part payment
No deferred payment

Some even paid with interest

After going through that
even though things are now better
that suspicion is still there

that generation who saw that have to give way
before there will be a paradigm shift

grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 7:01am On Sep 13
Picky1:

Bros, "Believe this, you'll believe anything" - JHC grin
Old news that they used to deceive the public last year or so! They can't get some people again grin
No bi only 587b na 587T.....They made N587b profit yet still came back to do N2b shares po. We hear them cool

The 587b was a typo by the media but that's where the profitablity of japaul started.

This government seems to be favoring local companies whilst foreign investors are taking positions really fast.

Soon AUDIO GOLD will be chased by many as it be running faster than itself because the fuel will be excess. Follow the money grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 7:05am On Sep 13
BullBearMkt:

Major elements that encourage day trading in US stocks, which are not available in Nigerian stock market include:
-US stocks enjoy high liquidity
-High volatility in US stocks
-Another important part is short selling availability
-Low brokage commissions and fees
grin grin grin grin grin

Still a lot of day traders in the US markets actually don't make any money.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 7:20am On Sep 13
Choiceguy:

Share holding structure may be an issue. Etranzact is rather illiquid.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by missphumby(f): 8:05am On Sep 13
someone please help me, i want to start investing in stocks, i need a stock broker to guide me, i am pained that i missed out on oando already πŸ˜ͺ
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 8:20am On Sep 13
missphumby:
someone please help me, i want to start investing in stocks, i need a stock broker to guide me, i am pained that i missed out on oando already πŸ˜ͺ

Hmm.. It is 2006 to 2008 all over again. Many who have been in the market for years also missed Oando. It is part of the game. If you are coming into the market to get rich quick may be you should look elsewhere.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:30am On Sep 13
Raider76:

Hmm.. It is 2006 to 2008 all over again. Many who have been in the market for years also missed Oando. It is part of the game. If you are coming into the market to get rich quick may be you should look elsewhere.

You just told him the truth. They won't get into something early but start saying they miss when it goes out of reach.

See japaul nobody is missing it now ooooo grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 9:07am On Sep 13
RodgersAkpafu:

I would like to add some perspective on this very good point you raised with respect to dividends and asset valuation

You see, whether you like it or now, part of the reason WHY that is the case is because we live in a LOW TRUST SOCIETY.

So investors will rather take the dividends that they can see and touch with their two eyes, than take a chance at retained earnings for 10 years straight for reinvestment that could then lead to massive capital appreciation in the next decade.

Long story short
whether we like it or not, most of us don't trust the management or regulatory oversight in totality

when management is telling you that we wanna retain all earnings for capital reinvestment, a Conventional Nigerian will be suspicious

2006-2008 period is still fresh in our mind
the results were "good"
but wetin happen las las?
till date most companies have not attained those highs of that period

and this is almost 16 years going

My thoughts sha
thank you
Japaul, Daarcommunication and starcoms come to mind
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 9:11am On Sep 13
yMcy56:

Good thought.
This is how it should be......
Even if it now falls a bit lower than pick up price, it will always come back up and move to green zone....😊

Sometimes while waiting endlessly, someone else will just appear from nowhere to clear the offers....
It happened yesterday in FMN and used to happen on different occasions.

please how much dividend did FMN Paid
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 9:11am On Sep 13
missphumby:
The stock market is full of Oando-like opportunities. What is important is to get into the market without procrastination. However, it must always be borne in mind that making money through the stock market is not a trial and error or emotion game but a function of deliberate research and understanding of the market. The OANDO you say you missed out on was such a laggard on the exchange for the past 12 years that no one ever had any reason to believe it could today become something anyone would have a reason to regret not buying. But here it is today. The units of OANDO I had before this rally were not bought by me because of any future hope in OANDO but because I bought them as far back as 2007 with a broker which was later suspended by SEC hence I couldn't sell them and God so kind I didn't bother about transferring them to another broker all this while else I would have sold them as soon as they arrived at the new broking firm.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 9:12am On Sep 13
missphumby:

You need knowledge. Don't rush. The stock market is not about a single stock. The market is structured to enable you grow your wealth having a long term inview with strategic buying and selling while you wait.

Come over to Investment One Stockbrokers we can take you through all you need to know.

Click the third link on my signature to open a trading/CSCS account to start.

Make sure in all thy getting get knowledge to avoid the stories that touch.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Boshins: 9:12am On Sep 13
IF you r a patient investor, consider Japual Gold..... cool cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Raider76: 9:12am On Sep 13
Sunrisepebble:
Against policy. I can provide more info but I don't want the news to cast and for volumes to spike and impact the transaction. Maybe a day or two before it drops but I think what I dropped regarding consolidate or hold a few weeks back was a good enough recommendation. Based on what im hearing ~#60 can be a reality. Please all, do your own DD

https://www.facebook.com/gilbert.ayoola/posts/flour-mills-of-nigeria-a-flourishing-future-amid-price-highs-and-market-trendsin/8066142013440478/

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Sunrisepebble: 9:16am On Sep 13
Please, someone enlighten me, what does the term "Monkey Hunting" mean?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GeeKudi: 9:21am On Sep 13
House, please, has CUTIX bonus shares been credited?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 9:21am On Sep 13
megawealth01:

I don forget say you be Agba PA grin

@Pastor veecee abeg come do your work sir

Honestly, this one crack me up. Oga Agba can I apply for the position of Ass.To.Ass. position

(1) (2) (3) ... (8153) (8154) (8155) (8156) (8157) (8158) (8159) ... (8279) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pifebhor(f), rmx, Makanjuola89, Willie2015, Mills55 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.