Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,743 members, 7,972,688 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 04:10 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (8272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11669541 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8269) (8270) (8271) (8272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omooloriredade: 1:53pm
yMcy56:

All these results have been released up to 2023.
Think AGM just ratified it, like just formal closeup or so.

You're right! I know I went through some results recently but I had to google them. I couldn't find them on the NGX.

So @Mike Oando go carry that title for a while o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:53pm
grin
olig:
Here, it is asking for too much.

Why?

Because, if by tomorrow, I lose all my investments and and become incapacitated, no government will look my side. Unlike those you are comparing us with (the western world). No social structure/benefit here.

More so, my problem is making things complex. Simplify the tax system of Nigeria, and don't make it complex. And that is part of the problems with crypto. Today you say you ban it, tomorrow you warn banks against it, next you are asking for tax etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jonnysessy(m): 2:00pm
The man na TAX master. No other thing e Sabi.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56: 2:02pm
Omooloriredade:
You're right! I know I went through some results recently but I had to google them. I couldn't find them on the NGX.

All results are posted on NGX

...but OANDO is left with only 2023 AUDITED account, Q1 and Q2 2024 as well.
2023 UNAUDITED released already.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olig(m): 2:04pm
Our leaders will go to the western world, they will enjoy the train, good road, uninterrupted electricity, security, health, etc, but the only thing they will copy and bring back home is tax and how they will collect the little you have to buy garri.

They will not copy the train network in Europe. They will not copy the low inflation, they will not copy the multi level policing, they will not copy unemployment benefits, they will not copy low unemployment rate, they will not copy low government spending on politicians, etc

All that concern them is to get more money to spend as they like

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GeeKudi: 2:06pm
olig:
Here, it is asking for too much.

Why?

Because, if by tomorrow, I lose all my investments and and become incapacitated, no government will look my side. Unlike those you are comparing us with (the western world). No social structure/benefit here.

More so, my problem is making things complex. Simplify the tax system of Nigeria, and don't make it complex. And that is part of the problems with crypto. Today you say you ban it, tomorrow you warn banks against it, next you are asking for tax etc.

I guess they seek to address all these with the new approach and tax laws. The tax man, Oloyede or so, has been talking about these concerns. I have listened to him a couple of times.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:07pm
Omooloriredade:

Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by olig(m): 2:21pm
grin
I hear; until I see it.
They may only manage to duplicate it further.

Those comparing us with the western world, I hope you are also paying for the security of your money in banks?

You will keep money in bank and still pay for the security of your money in the name of cyber security fee/tax. Yet, you will still pay VAT and stamp duty. Plus uncountable bank charges. GT will tell you that you can not transfer more than 5m per day (your own money o), even current account can only do 10m, and they will will collect 10k from that for the sake of maintenance.

You will keep money with banks, and you will be the one to pay for Maintenance, ATM, SMS, Commision, Security, and government will collect, VAT, Stamp duty and Cyber security fee.

In Germany, for example, for those comparing everything. You only pay one bank charge/fee/tax per month (I mean traditional banking, not online). And if you are receiving salary on that account, you don't pay anything at all. Also, if you are a student and below 30 years, you don't pay, and other exemptions. On top that, you will sit down in your house and your ATC card will coke and meet you. Why cant we copy that?

GeeKudi:

I guess they seek to address all these with the new approach and tax laws. The tax man, Oloyede or so, has been talking about these concerns. I have listened to him a couple of times.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GeeKudi: 2:28pm
olig:
grin
I hear; until I see it.
They may only manage to duplicate it further.

Those comparing us with the western world, I hope you are also paying for the security of your money in banks?

You will keep money in bank and still pay for the security of your money in the name of cyber security fee/tax. Yet, you will still pay VAT and stamp duty. Plus uncountable bank charges. GT will tell you that you can not transfer more than 5m per day (your own money o), even current account can only do 10m, and they will will collect 10k from that for the sake of maintenance.

You will keep money with banks, and you will be the one to pay for Maintenance, ATM, SMS, Commision, Security, and government will collect, VAT, Stamp duty and Cyber security fee.

In Germany, for example, for those comparing everything. You only pay one bank charge/fee/tax per month (I mean traditional banking, not online). And if you are receiving salary on that account, you don't pay anything at all. Also, if you are a student and below 30 years, you don't pay, and other exemptions. On top that, you will sit down in your house and your ATC card will coke and meet you. Why cant we copy that?

There is an actual correlation between our levelof development and the volume of tax collected by govrnment. This is also true for Germany, for instance.
There is a lot if inefficiency in the system that needs to be addressed. If the current set says they have identified those issues and want to tackle them, I think the least we can do is to give them the chance and soro s'oke when they don't deliver.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 2:31pm
Omooloriredade:

No shaking!
We survived the long wait during the court sessions; we go wait and survive this one too. I just beg Oando to deliver good results
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 2:34pm
akpumpy:
After payment...

It's after Qualification. That's after the qualification date. The payment date will usually come afterwards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:40pm
OandO. -2.71%
ETERNA. ±

smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 2:46pm
S/He is online.
Their type operate in Guest Mode... smiley
megawealth01:
NGX police never come online to see OANDO mention grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phadriz(m): 3:03pm
GeeKudi:

From AI

Saying that shareholders are not paying tax is not totally correct, stamp duty is form of tax on an asset which is chargeable on shares. Is the rate okay? NO, this is because we have lazy tax administrators.

Even in the UK stamp duty on purchase of house if you're not a first time buyer is 3%.

Attached is the rate of stamp duty in Nieria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 3:05pm
The amendments to WHT and VAT Laws have been gazetted.
As was rightly mentioned in this discourse, enforcement of the regulations and prudent use of the revenue is paramount

Here they are for further reading:

WHT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N5a_EWkhri9UBY7-ZRlpGpxaWvWzzaei/view?usp=drivesdk

VAT
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cTrPdvx29Pl3UNr1Dyj387peryFw-MQc/view?usp=drivesdk
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phadriz(m): 3:08pm
ositadima1:

Anyway, there will always be loopholes in tax laws. Robert Kiyosaki, author of 'Rich Dad Poor Dad,' has written a whole book on legal tax evasion strategies in the US. shocked shocked

It is called TAX AVOIDANCE, tax evasion is a criminal offence, but tax avoidance isa not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 3:48pm
Omooloriredade:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/Deap_Capital_Management_and_Trust_Plc_-_AGM_Resolution.pdf

DeapCapital

N2.5B being money owed to Non-bank creditors was converted to shares at N1.69 which explains the SP run from N1 recently.

Management now seeking to further recapitalise the business. They will also be releasing their 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 shocked shocked shocked shocked on the NGX following approval by members. So Oando is not bad afterall grin cheesy

Disclaimer - Not a recommendation to buy or sell.

So companies dey wey senior Oando by many thousands of kilometres for this format. 😳

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8269) (8270) (8271) (8272) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: emmanuelewumi(m), Divineability, Jats2k2002, Willie2015, mails4funshi(m), kalu61(m), ositadima1(m), Hedgefunds and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.