Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,776 members, 7,915,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:43 PM

Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert - Phones (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert (360634 Views)

How To Flash/install Custom Roms For Android Devices (S2,S3,S4 E.t.c.) / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Samsung Galaxy S2 Wifi Connection Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by BiitchAmMe: 2:21am On Feb 23, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Does not exist!!!
ok tnx but how much can i get d new one?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Lexusgs430: 4:43am On Feb 23, 2015
BiitchAmMe:

ok tnx but how much can i get d new one?

How can you get a new one,of an item that does not exist?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Avatar(m): 5:25am On Feb 23, 2015
Genovese:

How do I check the variant
(just to be sure) turn off your phone . then press and hold volume down + home button + power button , stop pressing the key combinations as soon as you see the samsung logo come up...after the samsung logo , you'll see something like 'downloading' and below it you'll see 'continue' use volume up to 'continue' ....you'll see variant of your device , be it sm-g900f or sm-g900h as the case may be.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by abbeyboyz54(m): 8:25am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Avatar(m): 8:32am On Feb 23, 2015
abbeyboyz54:
Thanks...lemme try it
okay.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by eromspete(m): 9:26am On Feb 23, 2015
WatchOn is a cool app for me cos i have devices I control with it at work. Chat On is a rubbish app

tayoast:

Trip advisor. WatchOn. Samsung hub. Samsung apps. And the likes. I don't need them for anything.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tayoast(m): 10:05am On Feb 23, 2015
eromspete:
WatchOn is a cool app for me cos i have devices I control with it at work. Chat On is a rubbish app

I understand. In as much as it's useful for you, retain it. But most of them are downright useless.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tayoast(m): 10:06am On Feb 23, 2015
abbeyboyz54:
Thanks...lemme try it

That firmware is Jellybean. Why not get the ported Kitkat for your S3?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Avatar(m): 10:26am On Feb 23, 2015
tayoast:

That firmware is Jellybean. Why not get the ported Kitkat for your S3?
he's aware it is.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Genovese(m): 11:46am On Feb 23, 2015

(just to be sure) turn off your phone . then press and hold volume down + home button + power button , stop pressing the key combinations as soon as you see the samsung logo come up...after the samsung logo , you'll see something like 'downloading' and below it you'll see 'continue' use volume up to 'continue' ....you'll see variant of your device , be it sm-g900f or sm-g900h as the case may be.

After Rooting can i still get the OTA upgrade?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Avatar(m): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Genovese:

After Rooting can i still get the OTA upgrade?
you aren't rooting here , you're simply flashing a stock firmware
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
anybody with s4 for sale (30k) ?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by airsaylongcon: 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
toy75:
anybody with s4 for sale (30k) ?

I am not to sure you will get a good one at that price o! A good unrefurbsihed one will be going for aroung 35k...I suggest you get the i9505 or i9506. These use a SnapDragon processor which in my opinion is superior to the Exynos used on the i9500.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by igbsam(m): 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hi guys, I'd like to update my Samsung G3 from kitkat to lollipop. It has never been rooted and I am yet to get an update. I'd like to have a feel of the lollipop experience. Please how do I go about it without tampering with my files in phone storage. Attached is a picture of my phone info.

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tayoast(m): 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
igbsam:
Hi guys, I'd like to update my Samsung G3 from kitkat to lollipop. It has never been rooted and I am yet to get an update. I'd like to have a feel of the lollipop experience. Please how do I go about it without tampering with my files in phone storage. Attached is a picture of my phone info.

Your phone details reveal you're on 4.3 - Jellybean.

There's no official Lollipop for s3, but there are loads of custom ROMs running OS 5.0 for s3.
Your best alternative is to get the ported official kitkat for s3
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by airsaylongcon: 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
igbsam:

You are going to need a Custom ROM. Its a bit of a technical process to install custom ROM but after the first time, I bet you will have fun trying out several ROMs. The Lollipop on S4 turned out not to be a big deal after all. Just made the phone similar (interface-wise) to a Note 4. And sucked a sizeable chunk of the memory
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by igbsam(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
airsaylongcon:

You are going to need a Custom ROM. Its a bit of a technical process to install custom ROM but after the first time, I bet you will have fun trying out several ROMs. The Lollipop on S4 turned out not to be a big deal after all. Just made the phone similar (interface-wise) to a Note 4. And sucked a sizeable chunk of the memory

Oh Okay.....so what do I need to do and where can I get a stable custom ROM ? Like the steps I need to follow.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by igbsam(m): 7:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
tayoast:

Your phone details reveal you're on 4.3 - Jellybean.

There's no official Lollipop for s3, but there are loads of custom ROMs running OS 5.0 for s3.
Your best alternative is to get the ported official kitkat for s3

Where can I get the ported official kitkat and what process do I need to follow to get it done and wouldn't end up messing up d fone
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tayoast(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
igbsam:

Where can I get the ported official kitkat and what process do I need to follow to get it done and wouldn't end up messing up d fone

Check here: LINK
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by igbsam(m): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
tayoast:

Check here: LINK

Link isn't opening. Thanks for d effort.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by tayoast(m): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
igbsam:

Link isn't opening. Thanks for d effort.

Just clicked the link myself and it opened. Try again
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by igbsam(m): 9:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
tayoast:

Just clicked the link myself and it opened. Try again

It has opened. Thanks. will go through it.
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by airsaylongcon: 11:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
igbsam:

Oh Okay.....so what do I need to do and where can I get a stable custom ROM ? Like the steps I need to follow.

U are gonna have to Google that up. Try search terms such as "Lollipop rom for i9300" or something along those lines. U r gonna have to "hack" ur phone a bit to install custom recovery such as Philz touch. Once u r able to install that recovery it's a breeze from there
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Stanley08(m): 1:14am On Feb 24, 2015

Nope , it doesn't on Samsung when you flash the official firmware via Odin , ( talking from experience ).

tayoast:

Flashing will surely wipe ALL data on phone memory. You're advised to back up your valuable data.

No, flashing on ODIN only wipes recovery, system, data and cache partitions. sdcard partition is safe. So no, it won't wipe ur internal memory. But there is no harm in backing up.

chidi4eze:
Please does dis lilopop os come with fm radio for Samsung s5..sm-G900h.. And will the upgrade wipe everything on my fone... Any side effects on my fone.. And finally please I need d link to download it and the procedure tanx

If the phone didn't have fm radio function previously, a new software won't change dat. it's like asking if a new software can add camera to ur phone or make ur screen bigger. lol

1 Like

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Saipro(m): 2:24am On Feb 24, 2015
austino677:
i can help u with some group filled with note 3 exynos users....pm me 08167367743 or check on xda n900 questions section

Actually, Im looking for a JB (4.3) .pit file. Seen none on XDA
Thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Saipro(m): 2:28am On Feb 24, 2015
Stanley08:

No, flashing on ODIN only wipes recovery, system, data and cache partitions. sdcard partition is safe. So no, it won't wipe ur internal memory. But there is no harm in backing up.

If the phone didn't have fm radio function previously, a new software won't change dat. it's like asking if a new software can add camera to ur phone or make ur screen bigger. lol

If you're flashing the full firmware, there's a reasonable chance Odin might wipe your internal memory too - especially if it involves changing OS versions (upgrade or downgrade)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by austino677(m): 10:29am On Feb 24, 2015
Saipro:

Actually, Im looking for a JB (4.3) .pit file. Seen none on XDA
Thanks
hmmm..okay ...u welcome bro
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Ugochux(m): 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2015
Good day..my samsung s3 has an issh..the bluetooth hardly comes ON and when it finally does, it wl only transfer just one file.. My Wifi doesn't come ON at all..the fone is not branded and I have done a factory reset several times and yet no change..pls help
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by rottenegg: 2:30pm On Feb 24, 2015
pls do u know the cost of the SAMSUNG GALAXY GOYA 7.0
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by airsaylongcon: 6:07pm On Feb 24, 2015
Ugochux:
Good day..my samsung s3 has an issh..the bluetooth hardly comes ON and when it finally does, it wl only transfer just one file.. My Wifi doesn't come ON at all..the fone is not branded and I have done a factory reset several times and yet no change..pls help

Did you get it brand new? Or pre-owned? I had a pre-owned Samsung phone that suffered that issue. Turned out the phone had suffered tremendous water damage.

My first advice will be for you to reinstall d Os using odin
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by Ugochux(m): 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Did you get it brand new? Or pre-owned? I had a pre-owned Samsung phone that suffered that issue. Turned out the phone had suffered tremendous water damage.

My first advice will be for you to reinstall d Os using odin

I got it new...cn I do d reinstallation myself?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert by pharmtech: 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2015
airsaylongcon:

Do a Google search for "Samsung usb drivers". They are widely available. Or you can download Kids 2.6 from the Samsung website
ok thanks broz i wll do it

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (166) (Reply)

Tecno L3 Discussion Thread / The Gallery (Mobile Photography/Art) / Some Useful Nokia Codes & How To Format/Reset Ur Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.