Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,693 members, 7,882,342 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 10:27 PM

Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. (2594 Views)

Website Designing, Graphic Designing, And Web Hosting Services. Cheap & Reliable / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 8:26pm On Dec 13, 2012
Hi Nairalandas,
I want to know mini laptop btw (50 - 60k ) i should buy for the purpose of website design. That's i mean the one that will be reliable and durable for this purpose.
Thanks for your reply..
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 8:58am On Dec 14, 2012
Waitin 4 ur advice pls.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 11:53am On Dec 15, 2012
Should i go for acer aspire one D270?
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 1:35pm On Dec 15, 2012
A mini laptop won't work for that purpose. Get a 15" screen laptop instead.
Aside the wide screen, the processor is stronger and more durable than that of a mini laptop.
A mini costs between 45-50k. Add some money to that and you'll get a very good standard laptop for 70-75k.
With a mini, you may not be able to run heavy programs like dreamweaver, macromedia fireworks and flash, adobe golive, etc.
Besides, using a small screen would show deceptive results when drawing web pages to fit screen sizes.
So, go for a standard PC, not a mini, I advise.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2012
Basic: A mini laptop won't work for that purpose. Get a 15" screen laptop instead.
Aside the wide screen, the processor is stronger and more durable than that of a mini laptop.
A mini costs between 45-50k. Add some money to that and you'll get a very good standard laptop for 70-75k.
With a mini, you may not be able to run heavy programs.
Thanks Basic 4 the advice. But can you tell me the specific model that i can buy within 70-75k dat will serve 4 d purpose of web design.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 1:09am On Dec 16, 2012
Any of the standard HP models that fall within that range will work perfectly for you.
Just ensure that it has these specifications, at least:
320GB hard disk drive, 3GB RAM
With these, you'll be fine.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sportlover: 4:36am On Dec 16, 2012
You will find what you are asking there
For details visit http:///bvj22q8
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sisqology(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2012
Basic: A mini laptop won't work for that purpose. Get a 15" screen laptop instead.
With a mini, you may not be able to run heavy programs like dreamweaver, macromedia fireworks and flash, adobe golive, etc.
Besides, using a small screen would show deceptive results when drawing web pages to fit screen sizes.
So, go for a standard PC, not a mini, I advise.

Big lies! I use a mini laptop! Code well and ur website will be perfect on all platforms. I run all dis programs Ɣọ̥μ̥ have mentioned and Ŋ☺ problem with them
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 8:02am On Dec 16, 2012
Basic: Any of the standard HP models that fall within that range will work perfectly for you.
Just ensure that it has these specifications, at least:
320GB hard disk drive, 3GB RAM
With these, you'll be fine.
I appreciate ur post, thanks a lot.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2012
sisqology:

Big lies! I use a mini laptop! Code well and ur website will be perfect on all platforms. I run all dis programs Ɣọ̥μ̥ have mentioned and Ŋ☺ problem with them

what model of the mini laptop do u use?
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 10:02am On Dec 16, 2012
ediko5:
I appreciate ur post, thanks a lot.
My friend, don't let anyone deceive you here. Buy a standard sized laptop, and you'll enjoy it much better.
Besides, a standard laptop runs faster than a mini. The processor speed is more and is more powerful.
Again, the maximum RAM you can ever get in today's market for a mini is 2GB.
As for the slowpoke who said I'm lying, ask him if he ever tried running the same programs on a standard PC. The diff is clear.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 10:03am On Dec 16, 2012
sisqology:

Ode, how many web designers have you seen using mini laptops? Keep rejoicing in mediocrity.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sisqology(m): 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
Basic:

Ode, how many web designers have you seen using mini laptops? Keep rejoicing in mediocrity.

Imbe--cile, I'm one!
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sisqology(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
Basic:
My friend, don't let anyone deceive you here. Buy a standard sized laptop, and you'll enjoy it much better.
Besides, a standard laptop runs faster than a mini. The processor speed is more and is more powerful.
Again, the maximum RAM you can ever get in today's market for a mini is 2GB.
As for the slowpoke who said I'm lying, ask him if he ever tried running the same programs on a standard PC. The diff is clear.

A big F.O.O.L, haven't you ever seen a single RAM of 4GB? Nigerians and stupi--dity!

@poster; if a mini laptop; Ŋ☺ problem as you will have a better battery, if you want a bigger RAM, buy it. If you code well, and Ɣọ̥μ̥ knw ur CSS well, believe me, it will show well on bigger screens which is what i do!

I use samsung smiley
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2012
sisqology:

Imbe--cile, I'm one!
Pls it does nt cal 4 quarel. You guys r rendering advice based on your experiences..
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sisqology(m): 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
Brother, battery wise: go ƒσя mini

Speed wise: normal lappy

Its nw up to Ɣọ̥μ̥ sir
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2012
sisqology:

A big F.O.O.L, haven't you ever seen a single RAM of 4GB? Nigerians and stupi--dity!

@poster; if a mini laptop; Ŋ☺ problem as you will have a better battery, if you want a bigger RAM, buy it. If you code well, and Ɣọ̥μ̥ knw ur CSS well, believe me, it will show well on bigger screens which is what i do!

I use samsung smiley
Show us screenshots of Dreamweaver, GoLive, Flash and Fireworks since you said you use ALL of them.
Only if you do that will I believe you.
OP, if he doesn't show any screenshot, take him for a liar.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2012
sisqology: Brother, battery wise: go ƒσя mini

Speed wise: normal lappy

Its nw up to Ɣọ̥μ̥ sir
Don't tell me you're now admitting that standard laptops are truly faster.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2012
Basic you realy a sincere person. Thanx 4 ur advice. I luk 4ward to have a person lyk u as my web mentor.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sisqology(m): 8:34am On Dec 17, 2012
If you really wanna have a web mentor! Make sure the person isn't st-u-pid as he is

Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by sisqology(m): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2012
Basic:
Don't tell me you're now admitting that standard laptops are truly faster.

Nigerians fail to understand simple english language. Did i ever say mini was faster? I only said it can run all these apps, as i use them as well on my mini. And i also said; if you code well, ur site will be sweet on all screen resolutions. Oponu
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by skyhighweb(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2012
just buy a normal size laptop, when designing site u spend more time on ur PC, which means u gonna have to strain ur eyes alot wen using mini.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2012
skyhighweb: just buy a normal size laptop, when designing site u spend more time on ur PC, which means u gonna have to strain ur eyes alot wen using mini.
Thanx
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 3:47am On Dec 18, 2012
sisqology:

Nigerians fail to understand simple english language. Did i ever say mini was faster? I only said it can run all these apps, as i use them as well on my mini. And i also said; if you code well, ur site will be sweet on all screen resolutions. Oponu
I don't think calling your father names is right for you as a son. I know he'll never forgive you if he learns that you called him an "oponu". SMH.
Bloody liar, where are the screenshots showing ALL the programs you claim to be running on your mini?
You can't come here and start making empty claims.
I challenged you for evidence, and all you could do was come back with insults upon your father.
*SMH*
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Basic(m): 3:49am On Dec 18, 2012
skyhighweb: just buy a normal size laptop, when designing site u spend more time on ur PC, which means u gonna have to strain ur eyes alot wen using mini.
Thanks bro, that alone is worth considering as an advantage.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 20, 2012
Three major factors I consider before buying a laptop

1. Battery life- if you live in Naija, in Warri, Especially my street, you better consider this

2. Usage- what do you want to do with it, what could you ever do with it, am a web developer/designer, but that's not all I do, I edit videos for my church and personal use, am also an avid gamer!

3. Cost- cut tyour coat according to your cloth. You can only have what you can afford, if you can only afford just what is enough to do the job, no condition is pamanent, buy just that, one day you'll be able to afford something better. I still remember my cute red dell mini, it was good enough, had an amazing battery life cool , very portable, I later upgraded to a far more expensive HP tx2000z, a powerful touch screen laptop with a lot of efizzy, but the battery life was nothing compared to my previous dell mini.

When my HP tx2000z crashed (as usually with AMD boards) in the middle of a project with a looming deadline, I thought it was time to get my dream laptop, The Acer Timeline, too bad I couldn't comfortably afford it at the time, had to go for something cheaper with about the same qualities, I bought a Samsung NP300E5A.

Why did I wan't the Acer Timeline but eventually by the Samsung?
Battery life, batterylife battery life. The acer timeline is a high end laptop with battery life that lasts longer compared to a mini, I could have bought another mini, but having used a more powerful laptop with a larger screen, I definitely understood the difference.

I eventually bought the Samsung for about N85,000 ( Acer timeline cost about N140,000 at the time) which I still use till today, it can't play most of my games but has a 15 inch screen and a 6hrs battery life.

I still hope to acquire the slick, powerful and batteryful (if such a word existed) Acer Timline or something better one one day.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2012
Basic:
I don't think calling your father names is right for you as a son. I know he'll never forgive you if he learns that you called him an "oponu". SMH.
Basic it seems that 'sisqology' is a very funny person. Bt one thing stands out 4rm all what he had said that: for battery wise i should go for mini laptop and for speed wise i should go for normal laptop. Since my main purpose of gettin the laptop is for web design then i thing that one should first consider the speed ability of the laptop b4 even the battery strength. because speed is very vital in web design.
Re: Which Mini Laptop Is Good For Website Designing. by ediko5(m): 9:24pm On Dec 20, 2012
fewj: Three major factors I consider before buying a laptop

1. Battery life- if you live in Naija, in Warri, Especially my street, you better consider this

2. Usage- what do you want to do with it, what could you ever do with it, am a web developer/designer, but that's not all I do, I edit videos for my church and personal use, am also an avid gamer!

3. Cost- cut tyour coat according to your cloth. You can only have what you can afford, if you can only afford just what is enough to do the job, no condition is pamanent, buy just that, one day you'll be able to afford something better. I still remember my cute red dell mini, it was good enough, had an amazing battery life cool , very portable, I later upgraded to a far more expensive HP tx2000z, a powerful touch screen laptop with a lot of efizzy, but the battery life was nothing compared to my previous dell mini.

When my HP tx2000z crashed (as usually with AMD boards) in the middle of a project with a looming deadline, I thought it was time to get my dream laptop, The Acer Timeline, too bad I couldn't comfortably afford it at the time, had to go for something cheaper with about the same qualities, I bought a Samsung NP300E5A.

Why did I wan't the Acer Timeline but eventually by the Samsung?
Battery life, batterylife battery life. The acer timeline is a high end laptop with battery life that lasts longer compared to a mini, I could have bought another mini, but having used a more powerful laptop with a larger screen, I definitely understood the difference.
You are very correct

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn $1-$3 Per Click With Adsense / Free Nigerian Twitter Followers / Drop Your Website URL Here, Get Good Traffic And Quality Backlinks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.