Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,605 members, 7,975,360 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:35 PM

Emphasis On Psalm 23 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Emphasis On Psalm 23 (510 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / Psalm 23 In Pidgin / I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emphasis On Psalm 23 by HerexG(m): 9:34am On Dec 14, 2012
Emphasis on Psalm 23
There is something about this Psalm 23 that tells us that truly David is a man of strong faith in God...

The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want
(The writer recognized the fact that God is His provider and has this very strong assurance that he would'nt lack ).

"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
( King David is saying here that the Lord has blessed and provided him with a bountiful harvest)

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
( The devil the prince of this world has taken possession of so many souls till date but David acclaimed and know's that the Lord has taken charge of his soul by restoring it).

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
(David knew at this time he is passing through a difficult times but in all he is more than a conqueror through God. The success we achieve after a difficult trial makes us a better Christian)

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
( wow this is powerful, this the best prayer we should always be praying for our enemies. The writer knew even though he had alot enemies but the Lord lifted him in their presence and enlarged his coast).

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
(David also has a this great confident that he said "surely" he did'nt just said goodness and mercy shall follow him but he knew for sure they will follow him. And he ended it by saying he will dwell in the house of the Lord forever meaning " he will never leave God's presence".

But David could have decided not to serve the Lord because he has all the comfort and riches of this world, but he was wise, he never failed to recognise God.

(1) (Reply)

Old Testament Prophecy / Christmas In The Islamic Republic Of Iran And In Iraq / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Search For Truth!!!!!!!!!! Part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.