Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,531 members, 7,951,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

Unused Visa To Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Unused Visa To Nigeria (1345 Views)

I Have Active (unused) F1 Visa, But I Now Need Work-visit Visa. Please Help!! / What Is The Requirements Of South African Study Visa To Nigerians? / Please I Really Need A Working Visa To Kuwait,oman,bahrian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unused Visa To Nigeria by stellaj(f): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2012
Hello,

I need a bit of advice please.

I got my Nigerian Visa in october, but was sick and unable to travel on the date i gave i would travel.

It's a month and three weeks since the visa was issued, I was wondering if i can still use the visa for travelling to Nigeria next month.

When i used to get my visa in Nigeria visa in Germany in the visa page, they usually write ''valid for presentation at nigeria port within ..... months of issue if passport remains valid'' I got this Visa in Nigeria Embassy in London and nothing was written in the presentation section.

I have rang them multiple times for advice, they never pick up their calls. emails never answered.

Can someone please help.

Thanks.
Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by justwise(m): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2012
stellaj: Hello,

I need a bit of advice please.

I got my Nigerian Visa in october, but was sick and unable to travel on the date i gave i would travel.

It's a month and three weeks since the visa was issued, I was wondering if i can still use the visa for travelling to Nigeria next month.

When i used to get my visa in Nigeria visa in Germany in the visa page, they usually write ''valid for presentation at nigeria port within ..... months of issue if passport remains valid'' I got this Visa in Nigeria Embassy in London and nothing was written in the presentation section.

I have rang them multiple times for advice, they never pick up their calls. emails never answered.

Can someone please help.

Thanks.

As long as your visa and passport are still valid you can still use it.

1 Like

Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by stellaj(f): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2012
Thanks Justwise, I got the visa two months ago.. they didn't write how long the visa will last for.

They only wrote single entry..

I applied for a month visa which was the 26 of october 2012 which i couldn't use because i fell ill.

If i use the visa to Nigeria next month.. will i be allowed in as i didn't fly on the day i said i would.

I wish Nigeria embassy in London will answer their phone... kept dailing every mins for 4 hours.. no one pick up.... only automated message..

Please help.....
Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by justwise(m): 12:22pm On Dec 16, 2012
stellaj: Thanks Justwise, I got the visa two months ago.. they didn't write how long the visa will last for.

They only wrote single entry..

I applied for a month visa which was the 26 of october 2012 which i couldn't use because i fell ill.

If i use the visa to Nigeria next month.. will i be allowed in as i didn't fly on the day i said i would.

I wish Nigeria embassy in London will answer their phone... kept dailing every mins for 4 hours.. no one pick up.... only automated message..

Please help.....

You don't have to travel on the date you stated in your application, anything can happen that could force you to change the departing date.....like in your case, you were ill and could not travel. I'm surprised that the visa got no expiring date on it. Have you tried visiting the embassy?
Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by stellaj(f): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2012
Thanks justwise for replying,

I was suprised too when i got the visa.

I rang everyday.. wrote to all the email address they have in their website, waiting for their responds.

If i don't get any respond from them, will be heading down to the embassy on wedensday.

Thanks so much again for your respond.

God bless.
Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by justwise(m): 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2012
You worry too much, Nigeria embassy has just given you one way visa for life, the visa is genuine and they want you to stay as long as you want in Nigeria. If i were you i will buy my ticket and travel, its not your problem that they did not put an expiring date on it.

1 Like

Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by stellaj(f): 7:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
I got a reply today from the Embassy that my visa vaild for three months from the date of issue..

I am so happy...

Thanks for your help.

Have a wonderful christmas and a very Happy New year!
Re: Unused Visa To Nigeria by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
stellaj: I got a reply today from the Embassy that my visa vaild for three months from the date of issue..

I am so happy...

Thanks for your help.

Have a wonderful christmas and a very Happy New year!

Oh good!, have a safe journey and enjoy your xmas.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Be Sincere / PHOTOS: See The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway / Photos: Scene from an armed robbery induced crash along Akure-Ilesa road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.