Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,796 members, 7,972,846 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:56 PM

Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus (1523 Views)

For Those Who Don't Believe In Existence Of God, Watch..... / Why Muslims Believe In Jesus And Bible, but Jews And Rest Denied Muhammad? / Why I Believe In Monogamy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2012
It is a common claim by muslims that they also believe in Jesus.

They also accept that the Gospel was given to Jesus.

Then my questions:

1. What is the meaning of the Gospel?

2. Some muslims say Jesus taught the people saying ''worship my Lord and your Lord, my God and your God''. But is that all the words and teachings of Jesus in the Gospel? What are the other aspects of the Gospel Jesus preached or taught that they believe?

2. Where did they get those teachings or preachings of Jesus that they believe in (with references)?

Thank you.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Caseless: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2012
Muslims believe and love jesus!

Even muslims believe in the gospel, that dosn't mean they blieve in the adulterated gospel/book.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2012
How does your response answer my questions? Do you understand the thread at all?
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2012
Are there no more muslims in the house? Your inability to respond shows your claim is hypocritical. Hypocrisy is a sin against God.

The fact that you claim you believe in Jesus and the Gospel is an indication that you know you are required to believe. But instead of believing truely, you only pay lip services.

Those who are muslims today, especially those who read your threads which are the sources of their confidence in islam should by now know they are being deceived.

The Gospel, which is the teaching of Jesus Christ cannot be found elsewhere other than the Bible. How do you believe any other Gospel which you don't know and can't find? What do you believe about it?

When the quran talks about the Gospel, it should be able to tell what it is and where it is if it is a complete book. But the Devil only wanted to put muslims in suspense and confussion because he is an author of confussion.

Repent, accept Jesus and be saved.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2012
@truthman2012:
by truthman2012: 8:47pm On Dec 14
It is a common claim by muslims that they also believe in Jesus.

They also accept that the Gospel was given to Jesus.

Then my questions:

1. What is the meaning of the Gospel?
Good News. Good news is always good if you keep it intact as the one who was the original bearer of the Good News. But if you change it, it is no longer the Good News in its original. The new Good News is not the Original Good News. It the new Good News is even better or worse, either way it is a different Good News. if I deliver a message from the president of Nigeria to you, but after you heard the message, you formulated a story about me. You then call what you formulated the message or the message according to truthman21012, with so many versions. Can we say this message you are now peddling is the message that i delivered to you fro the President, even if you have no version? But when you have versions, which one of them is closer to what i delivered, since we now see that you do not care for truth as you have done away with the original message i delivered?

it is obvious that at least 2 entities know your message is a corrupted message; The President and I. This is the condition you find the Gospel of Jesus the messenger of God versus the 4 in your Bible. The Gospel of Jesus is the original and it was a message from his Lord. What you have in your Bible are Gospels from the supposed writers about Jesus.

The Original from Jesus is not the same as any of the 4 or all the 4 put together.

2. Some muslims say Jesus taught the people saying ''worship my Lord and your Lord, my God and your God''. But is that all the words and teachings of Jesus in the Gospel? What are the other aspects of the Gospel Jesus preached or taught that they believe?
I am a human prophet to my nations of chilldren of Israel. Taurah is valid. I am given a book called Injil. A messenger is coming whose name is Ahmad. Those who do not worship God, alone, Paradise is forbidden to them and they are hell fire bound, it is an evil destination for what they have sent forth.

2. Where did they get those teachings or preachings of Jesus that they believe in (with references)?
All of these are in your Bible; A prophet does not have honor in his community. I am but sent only to the lost children of Israel. Do not think i have come to abolish the laws and the prophets. . . . I bring Good news fro God to you [or you do not accept Jesus brought any revelation?]. Jesus nor John was that Prophet, though Jesus and John differ about who John was as Elijah or not. By the way, why we agree that Jesus is the christ, Elijah did not die on earth [so not dying is not unique to Jesus. even Melchizedek didnt die]. The prophet that neither Jesus nor John is, is also the another comforter [indicating that there was a comforter or more before the another comforter will come] that will come after Jesus. This another comforter will be the last of comforters and prophets and his statements shall be with man in original form till end of time. What the another comforter will be from God and nothing will be added or removed from it. Those who do not worship God will not be among the great in the kingdom of God.

Thank you.
the year is ending, truthman2012. i hope 2013 will surely be the year you know the truth.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 5:14pm On Dec 15, 2012
Sweetnecta, quite some days. You are welcome.

You defined Gospel as good news. You are absolutely right. But you said it is remains good news if it is intact. Yes.

My questions:

1. Who tampered with it?

2. Where is the original that was tampered with?

3. How did you know the original was tampered with if you didn't see it?

4. With what did you compare the existing Bible before you came to the coclussion that it has been tampared with.

Please note that it is against natural and spiritual justice to make allegation without evidence. You must prove beyond reasonable doubt.

If you say the Bible is tampered with, you must be able to provide ACCEPTABLE evidence(s) otherwise you are making frivolous allegations. The whole world is waiting for your answers to the above questions with evidences.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 7:59pm On Dec 15, 2012
by truthman2012: 5:14pm
Sweetnecta, quite some days. You are welcome.

You defined Gospel as good news. You are absolutely right. But you said it is remains good news if it is intact. Yes.

My questions:

1. Who tampered with it?
the tamperer. let me help you identify the leader; look at the NT. is that really Good news, where the news are of 4 versions, didnt stop after Jesus left, instead Paul started his addition as in epistles? Well, you say the holy spirit inspired the writers. what we see is that there must have been different inspirations of the same story if its one holy spirit or there are 4 holy spirits each inspiring, differently. Or neither was any holy spirit inspiring anyone, and the deceiver has deceived them hence the reason you have conflicting reports from the 4. Clear evidence that the tamperer must include Paul is that he passes his own opinion as part of inspired text. There is no way for God to inspire anyone to give his own opinion. God allows man to give opinion as part of freedom under the free will we have. This free will is like mouth, limb or eyes that normal man has. We are talking about Good News, so I will not go to Jeremiah which let us see that Taurah is corrupted by the scholars of judaism.

2. Where is the original that was tampered with?
you guys already buried it. if you have anything closer to it, you guys keep it under wrap and it will not see the light of day. let me just say this; look at all the versions of the bibles. lets just consider the catholic bible and the protestants. can you tell me which one of the 2 is not corrupted? when you can point to it, a catholic or a protestant will tell you that what you take as not corrupted is definitely not so. evidence; one has 73 books and the other has 66. what they have in common are not exactly the same.

3. How did you know the original was tampered with if you didn't see it?
in this case, the lack of original is the evidence. Or can you point to any original? tell us why you think it is and when was it written relative to the time that Jesus was preaching the revelation he was sent with? You will not say that the narratives in the gospels are revelations from God? a man traveling by walking from point a to point b is not really a revelation. if he lectured there, part of the lecture may be revelation he got there or before. part may be explanation of the revelation. part of it may be action to demonstrate the revelation. you can call of these parts and the journey to the place, revelation.

4. With what did you compare the existing Bible before you came to the coclussion that it has been tampared with.
the bible provides evidence that it is not uncorrupted. Jeremiah let us know that OT is corrupt. Moses wrote is own death and burial let is know that OT is corrupted. OT talking about God let us now that NT's idea about God as Trinity is corruption. NT let us know that NT is corrupt by defining God as One, then as 3 entities. Gospels let us know that NT is corrupt by the arguments between the disciples of Jesus and Paul. Paul let us know that NT is corrupted when he passed his opinion up as revelation or inspiration. Paul let us know that Paul is a tamperer when he said that if he win souls for God by deception, why is he being persecuted. Paul dishonesty is sign of corruption. Jesus let us know that his disciples and his people with little faith will fall for anything. It is the big ignorance that made them and later generations ignore warnings. Hence they abandoned OT, rejected the That Prophet who is the another Comforter. You are even here rejecting the messengers of the Messenger who is the Another Comforter.

Please note that it is against natural and spiritual justice to make allegation without evidence. You must prove beyond reasonable doubt.
look up ^ and see.

If you say the Bible is tampered with, you must be able to provide ACCEPTABLE evidence(s) otherwise you are making frivolous allegations. The whole world is waiting for your answers to the above questions with evidences.
Read what i wrote. Or you can show me what the Another Comforter taught the disciples? They must have passed that down to you, generation to generation till it reaches your generation? show me plainly if you have it.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 12:34am On Dec 16, 2012
watch this below about corruption. corrupted bible it is. when you finish show me the one that is not corrupted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVZ7MLQorwA
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
@truthman2012: this below is about Jesus. watch it and let me know. thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeR_fU1acjM
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 4:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
@ sweetnecta

First of all, I notice that this question is being dodged by all of you and I repeat it again: the muslims say they believe in Jesus and that the Gospel was given to Him by God. Right? Then, what are the teachings of Jesus in the Gospel and where did they find it since they don't accept the existing Gospel?

Now let's come back to your answers to my questions. In your attempt to answer the questions, you rambled and gambled a lot. Let me summarize your answers and put my own comments.

1. Who tampered with the Gospel? (a) You said '' it was tampered with because it has 4 versions''. I believe you mean Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I am sure you know they were four different individuals. If four different people write separately on an event, do you expect them to use the same words verbatim? If four journalist cover an event, do they write the same words verbatim?

The fact that four people wrote the Gospel and the four said the same thing make it more credible than the writing of one person (i.e one version).

The only time you can quarel with it is if their statements contradict one another. Here your case is struck out for want of evidence as you failed to point out any contradition in their writings.

It is your quran that has versions with diffenrent interpretations (contradictions) on the same subject. You have Marmaduke Pickthall, Shaktar and many others interpreting arabic writings contradictorily.

(b) You talked about Paul and his epistles. What is epistle? It means 'letter'. Epistles are letters written by Paul to the churches found by him, in which he gave them advice on the faith. Epistles are letters and not another Gospel as wrongly alleged by you. You muslims too have hadiths written by many leaders of islam. These hadith writters expressed their view on islam and they are inconsistent with one another.

2. Where is the original that was tampered with? You said ''you guys have buried it''. Where did you see the original that was buried? What is your proof there was an original that was buried? It shows your religion permits you lie defending it? No surprise, satan is a liar.

You also talked about the 66 books in protestants Bible and 73 in catholic Bible. The catholic's case is another deception of the Devil like islam where he (Devil) succeeded in passing his message as God's message to the people. The catholic worship Mary instead of Jesus as done in the Bible.

The catholic and the muslims have some things in common possiblly because both of them are under satanic deception. Islam is comfortable with catholic and that was why they borrowed the use of rosary from them.

3. How did you know the original was tampered with? You said ''the lack of the original is the evidence''. How reasonable is this answer? You could not produce any evidence that original Gospel existed because you don't know the author or what it contained nor have a copy. You are talking of something that never existed as the original of the existing one. This is very serious. The fact that you are incorrectly trying to fault the existing one is not the same as having another original.

4. With what did you compare the existing Bible before you came to the conclussion that it has been tampered with? You said ''Jeremiah let you know that OT is corrupt''. How? You said ''Moses wrote his own death and burial and that let you know the OT is corrupt. Your assertion here is subjective, it is just for fault finding.

Moses death was recorded in the book of Deuteronomy 34 which is the last chapter and the last book of Moses. He was alive up to chapter 34:1-4. Verse 5-12 recorded his death.

It was the practice of prophets of old to go to mountains to seek God's face. They would go and come back to the people and go again. So Moses went to mountain of Nebro and he was communicating with the people up to 34:4. When no more words were coming from him, it is logical that the people would look for him. Getting to the mountain they discovered he was not there and his body was not found and it was believed he had died and buried by God or His angel.

Common sense dictates that Moses could not have stated the number of years he lived on earth after his death as in verse 7. It was the people that said it and everything afterwards which they added to Moses writings.

You talked about Mohammed being the Comforter again? When will you muslims stop trying to legitimize the prophethood of Mohammed by refering to the Bible. You people don't know what you are doing at all. You are worried that Mohammed is not a true prophet and every spiritually intelligent people know and you now seek his legitimacy from the Bible.

You said the Bible is corrupt and and yet you are taking from it to support Mohammed being the Comforter. You muslims are not only deceived you are confused as well.

Jesus said ''the Comforter is the Holy Ghost'' (John 14:26). Is Mohammed the Holy Ghost? Jesus said ''the Comforter is the Spirit of truth (Holy Spirit) whom the world cannot receive because they seeth him not, neither knoweth him but ye (disciple ) know him for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you (John 14:17)''. Was Mohammed invisible that the people see him not? Did people not know and see Mohammed? Was Mohammed born at that time to dwell with Jesus disciple?
Seek your prophet's legitimacy elsewhere.

About your video, who is that satanic-looking man (an anti-christ) telling lies from the pit of hell? My explanations above (through the help of the Holy Spirit) have debunked all his lies.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2012
your post is too long. people in my age prefers summary.

your book is corrupted not because of 4 gospels. 4 gospels are part of evidence of corruption because 1 holy ghost couldnt inspire so many versions of the same story.

if you know anything about drawing, the painter draws a simply complete picture that regardless where you stand every viewer see the same thing.

paul is another evidence of corruption. heck. you seem to be blind and even if you open your eyes, there is no sight. sorry. the soul that is dead will see no good.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2012
Sorry you an old man yet you used to post lenthy threads. You are trying. I am not a young man either.

My long thread is the appropriate response to yours. I am sorry to say you have said nothing new in this lastest post of yours.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 12:16am On Dec 17, 2012
I really dont know what to say about this op, except to say that he is saying that i said things i did not actually said. let me just satisfy your emotion so that you will have no case against me.

the topic is deceiving because what you began to provide is not actually about Jesus but about the Bible. thinking that the Bible is 100% word of God.

Let me let you think about some few things for a moment: does God Almighty eat food, specifically human food? according to the Bible, in the story of visitors to Abraham to announce the birth of Isaac and later the plan to destroy Sodom, yes. God and the 2 Angels ate. Does God Almighty make babies by doing things to women? according to the Bible yes, in the same event above. When God visited Sarah and did as He promised she God pregnant. You will see that "did to" in this case is the same manner Samson "did to" Delila.

When you people say God eats and have se.x, we know that it is wrong information and there is no revelation or inspiration in such statement[s].

by truthman2012: 4:28pm
@ sweetnecta

First of all, I notice that this question is being dodged by all of you and I repeat it again: the muslims say they believe in Jesus and that the Gospel was given to Him by God. Right? Then, what are the teachings of Jesus in the Gospel and where did they find it since they don't accept the existing Gospel?
the Gospel of Jesus is not the same as any of the 4 which are Gospels about Jesus. This was my statement, when i answered your questions, the very first time. I am surprised that you turned blind eye to it. people can read it, above and see is honest or dishonest between you and I.

I listed the primary teaching of Jesus to Oneness of God Who deserves all worships as He Commands and not as you wish or someone else tells you. I also said that Jesus let us know that he is a messenger of God and he was sent to the children of Israel, not to the whole world. Jesus said that the revelations before him [example Taurah of Moses which is not OT in your Bible or what the jews of today present to us as Torah] and the prophets, specifically Moses, then Injil not any of your 4 gospels or what paul penned are revelations. Jesus also announced the coming of a messenger after him whose name is Ahmad [one of the many names of Muhammad [sa]] and that whosoever worship anything apart worship solely The God, paradise is forbidden for him and he will be a dweller of hell.

You can find the above in Quran and you will find exactly same in Bible. But I said the bible is corrupted because there is addition and omission of the whole truth. It is in your Bible that you will find a way to tell me that Jesus is God, then son of God. Then there is a ghost that is also God. when you add these 2 to Yahweh/Jehovah, you will tell me God is 1.

Let me amuse you. If a man dresses up like a woman and this woman was beat up black and blue with swollen eyes and ended in hospital ward for treatment, can the man part of the woman recuperating in the hospital bed be walking around in Shagamu or Abuja? there is only one true God and whatever you add to Him are not Him. Instead, they are fakes. I do hope you understand for the last time what corruption is?

Now let's come back to your answers to my questions. In your attempt to answer the questions, you rambled and gambled a lot. Let me summarize your answers and put my own comments.
people should check my answer and let us know if i rambled and gambled. where did i gamble? lol. funny.

1. Who tampered with the Gospel? (a) You said '' it was tampered with because it has 4 versions''.
evidence of tampering is the reason i listed 4 Gospels, of different stories. I did not tell you who tampered with the Gospel of Jesus by telling you there are 4 Gospels about Jesus. I said your religious forefathers and i gave Paul as one of the tamperers.

I believe you mean Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I am sure you know they were four different individuals. If four different people write separately on an event, do you expect them to use the same words verbatim? If four journalist cover an event, do they write the same words verbatim?
if 4 people received revelation or inspiration by The true God, God would give full details to each of them. God will not tell John something and omit it when He is inspiring Mark, Matthew, Luke. It is only John that says Jesus is God because he is word of God. there are many things that only John got them from God and others were not told. In fact when God inspired John and another to write the genealogy of Jesus, God gave the two writers different fathers/versions and did not tell the other 2 Gospel writers. All of these are the hand work of Holy ghost. so I asked if there were more than 1 holy ghosts with 4 different versions of the same story?

The fact that four people wrote the Gospel and the four said the same thing make it more credible than the writing of one person (i.e one version).
they didnt say the same thing. Show me the genealogy of Jesus from the 4 of them. Please least each of the 4 and we will see that they are not the same thing. The account at the grave site on sunday is so important that all of the 4 should be same. Show each and let us see. The narrative of the contact of paul with the invisible Jesus cant be called "revelation" or inspiration. or in your mind, it is both? and there are versions from mr. Paul. evidence.

The only time you can quarel with it is if their statements contradict one another. Here your case is struck out for want of evidence as you failed to point out any contradition in their writings.
I am a married man. no one should talk about my family life without saying that i am a spouse of somebody. if a person is talking about me and says he knows me well and in his talk about me as a member of a family, he fails to mention that I am a husband, but says I am a son of parent. If another paints a picture of me as the only child, childless and a bachelor, can we believe either of them as somebody who knows me except that both of them are pretenders?

the list of the fathers in the bloodline of Jesus should be exactly the same. but not so. instead of 4 writing the same thing here, only 2 wrote and different from each other. i think there is a memory lapse, somewhere by somebody and they painted a picture to please themselves, instead.

It is your quran that has versions with diffenrent interpretations (contradictions) on the same subject. You have Marmaduke Pickthall, Shaktar and many others interpreting arabic writings contradictorily.
interpretation is opinion or what it means to the interpreter. Quran is One and it is an oral document in Arabiya. not street Arabic, but Quran Arabiya.

(b) You talked about Paul and his epistles. What is epistle? It means 'letter'. Epistles are letters written by Paul to the churches found by him, in which he gave them advice on the faith.
thank God that you said paul founded the churches and not Jesus that founded them. Paul has became Peter. Was the advise that Paul gave revelation and inspiration? You see what i spoke about. Paul opinion and or advise cant be word of God or are they?

Epistles are letters and not another Gospel as wrongly alleged by you.
NT contains Gospels Acts and letter of Paul and others. is there a corruption somewhere in the NT? In the NT, is God 1 or 3, 3 according to John's Gospel?

You muslims too have hadiths written by many leaders of islam. These hadith writters expressed their view on islam and they are inconsistent with one another.
correct and we say some are false and or weak. will you say the same about what you have in your biblical versions?

2. Where is the original that was tampered with? You said ''you guys have buried it''.
as in hidden and or lost it. remember when i said they may not let it see the light of day. Bury it as you refer to burying Jesus when he was only put in a cave.

Where did you see the original that was buried? What is your proof there was an original that was buried?
i asked you show me from the pile of the different Bibles, which one is not corrupt? i said whichever one you pick, i know there is a christian that will pick another to say in effect that what you say is not corrupt is corrupt and what you say is corrupt is not corrupt. 2 christians, catholic and protestant will have different bibles; one with 73 books and the other 66. which one is yours, while the other [catholic is corrupt]? I have many friends who will say the 66 books Bible is corruption first class.

It shows your religion permits you lie defending it?
i have used your Bible only. when i mentioned the Quran, what i mentioned in it as Gospel of Jesus is 100% in the Bible. But you people in effort to make jesus to God, you created gospels of 4 versions about Jesus.

No surprise, satan is a liar.
woe to liar. perish the hands of evildoers.

You also talked about the 66 books in protestants Bible and 73 in catholic Bible. The catholic's case is another deception of the Devil like islam where he (Devil) succeeded in passing his message as God's message to the people. The catholic worship Mary instead of Jesus as done in the Bible.
the worship of Mary is another thing. Let me show you how wrong you are. if the catholic are wrong, you are just as wrong because both of you are worshipers of 3.

What you didnt pay attention to is that before Martin Luther of Germany created the protestanism, was he not a catholic? of course he was. Sales of indulgence as corruption is the reason he started the movement you now take as truth. Jesus was not a christian. he never worshiped like christian. he worshiped like the father of faith, Abraham. They both submitted to God.

The catholic and the muslims have some things in common possiblly because both of them are under satanic deception.
Accursed is Satan. this is simply showing you and satan that my God is The Almighty.

Islam is comfortable with catholic and that was why they borrowed the use of rosary from them.
i dont use rosary.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by proo212(m): 12:49am On Dec 17, 2012
@Truthman, these questions have been asked countless number of times and answers cannot be given, just posturing.These same questions are asked on different boards/blogs that I have read and the same, no answers can be given. And the truth is they have no answer.

History tells us the Quran we have now is not complete. Some versions are 114-116 chapters. Which is the correct version. Also, the copies that were burnt by the Caliph Abu Baker, why were the copies from Hafsah burnt and new copies rewritten? Which ones did the goats eat? Which ones died with those ho memorized them?
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 1:09am On Dec 17, 2012
3. How did you know the original was tampered with? You said ''the lack of the original is the evidence''. How reasonable is this answer?
if that was my only answer, it is very reasonable. all i have to do it to give indication that it is doubtful that what you have is original. i actually asked you to provide me with an original since you are so sure you have it. but will never because in your heart you know you dont have it. since you are a protestant, a catholic will be my witness against you that what you have is fake. or do you want me to bring you a coptic or ethiopian orthodox? there are other christians i can use to prove my point.

You could not produce any evidence that original Gospel existed because you don't know the author or what it contained nor have a copy.
remember that i do not need to have it to know that it does not exist. all i have to do is to say you dont have it because it is you who needs it. dont. if it were to be available, today, i am only to believe it, in the exact same way i believe it now that it is no more available. i believe Adam was a man. is Adam here now as evidence? i believe that dinosaurs used to roam the earth. are they here now? no. but i believe they existed, in the same way i believe the Gospel of Jesus was once here, on earth as pure document, revelation of God that Jesus preached. but at some point, it began to be compromised until it actually became extinct.

You are talking of something that never existed as the original of the existing one. This is very serious. The fact that you are incorrectly trying to fault the existing one is not the same as having another original.
existing one or ones? please show me the one that is original and try to read when it came into existence, relative to when Jesus roamed Galilee.

4. With what did you compare the existing Bible before you came to the conclussion that it has been tampered with? You said ''Jeremiah let you know that OT is corrupt''.
one of the evidences. I gave others.

How? You said ''Moses wrote his own death and burial and that let you know the OT is corrupt.
thats an illustration of corruption. evidence of corruption are absurd statements about God, prophets, etc. You will agree that Jesus who you said is greater than Moses because he is God to you did not write about his own death and burial. he didnt say when he was put up to hang, how long he stayed on the tree, when he was lowered from it, who carried him to the cave, how much clothe was wrapped around him, and which cave and stone that housed him and kept him away fro grave robbers. he didnt quite get how long he stayed in the cave. please calculate 3 days and 3 nights in the earth for me there.

Your assertion here is subjective, it is just for fault finding.
please correct me with evidence. Moses couldnt have written his own burial. it does not make sense.

Moses death was recorded in the book of Deuteronomy 34 which is the last chapter and the last book of Moses. He was alive up to chapter 34:1-4. Verse 5-12 recorded his death.
so Moses didnt write verse 5-12, yet you said Moses wrote the Torah? did Moses write the whole torah or part of it or none of it? you have to make up your mind. while you are trying to do so, combine this confusion with what Jeremiah says of the pen of the scribes and know that the evidences for corruption are in many levels.

It was the practice of prophets of old to go to mountains to seek God's face. They would go and come back to the people and go again. So Moses went to mountain of Nebro and he was communicating with the people up to 34:4. When no more words were coming from him, it is logical that the people would look for him. Getting to the mountain they discovered he was not there and his body was not found and it was believed he had died and buried by God or His angel.
seeking God's face in your mind means God will be seen face to face? How is Moses communicating with the people when he was on the mountain? i am sure you do not that microphone and speakers were developed much later? God Almighty does not do manual jobs. He is never tired or needing to refresh. Did Moses write OT or not? was it revelation, all of it to Moses or a narrative about Moses, by some other people, just like the Gospel is about Jesus not Gospel revealed to Jesus?

Common sense dictates that Moses could not have stated the number of years he lived on earth after his death as in verse 7. It was the people that said it and everything afterwards which they added to Moses writings.
common sense should tell everyone that Gospel according to John was not the Gospel Jesus preached. Common sense is not always common.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 2:06am On Dec 17, 2012
You talked about Mohammed being the Comforter again? When will you muslims stop trying to legitimize the prophethood of Mohammed by refering to the Bible. You people don't know what you are doing at all. You are worried that Mohammed is not a true prophet and every spiritually intelligent people know and you now seek his legitimacy from the Bible.
Surah As Saffat verse 6 indicate that Jesus delivered to his listeners that Ahmad [sa] will come. I know you ignore it in the very same manner you ignore the warning that you must not abolish the OT. heck. Paul is driving you.

I do not need the Bible for nothing. Nothing at all except to use it to argue with you. If Muhammad [sa] was not the another comforter expected, in view of the role of the another comforter, tell me who it is and provide evidence for your choice. i do know that you now human beings expect God not to be an errant entity. Yet it is God the holy ghost you are saying is listening to himself so that he can now tell humans what he heard from himself. Is there any sense in such an idea of you listening to yourself so that you can now be the messenger of yourself to your friends?

You said the Bible is corrupt and and yet you are taking from it to support Mohammed being the Comforter. You muslims are not only deceived you are confused as well.
corrupted society is a society being run with much corruption. for example they may do good project. but they over charge. they may do project that is not up to standard when they pay the money for standard quality project. they may not do the project at all but somebody keeps all or part of the money. but there is the idea of project in place. As to corrupted Bible, we read some part says God is 1. Then another part says Jesus is God. Holy Ghost is God. Jehovah is God. Now, how are they all these separate God[s] now 1 God? does it make any mathematical sense? God is not the Author of Confusion. is there a greater confusion that 3 is 1? Get me 3 houses and let me pay you the price of 1. Get me 3 paris[s] and we shall see how 3 Eiffel Towers will pass for 1. I hope when a family is exploring 1 of them, they are at the same time exploring all of the 3?

Jesus said ''the Comforter is the Holy Ghost'' (John 14:26).
is that all Jesus said and his disciples believed? Is the Another comforter a spirit of truth from God? Is Spirit prophet? Is false spirit false prophet? is true spirit from God a true prophet from God? How do you know a true prophet except what he says must come to pass? How do you know the prophet/true prophet that will come after Jesus except that he will say jesus is the christ and nothing more? Was the another comforter not the entity that God will speak to him and what he hears he shall speak to people? Was this another comforter not supposed to lead to all thing, teach people who will be believers, remind people of what jesus said, glorify Jesus, etc?

Now tell me how possible it is that the disciples of Jesus will need a reminder so quickly? i am sure their brain is not made of quick sand. what did the holy ghost you claim is the another comforter taught anyone? 1 thing he taught the disciples which Jesus never taught them. One thing Jesus didnt teach the disciples that you are taught by the holy ghost. 1 thing, among all that you were supposed to get from the another comforter.

What nature was a previous comforter? can you give us a description, a name?

Is Mohammed the Holy Ghost? Jesus said ''the Comforter is the Spirit of truth (Holy Spirit) whom the world cannot receive because they seeth him not, neither knoweth him but ye (disciple ) know him for he dwelleth with you and shall be in you (John 14:17)''.
future events are unknown, unseen to people of present unless it is described to them. The disciples knew the description, hence he was already in them, in concept. if you were not a disciple, you would not know about the another comforter, a spirit, a prophet from God. The "Holy" prophet was here later. Did you see holy before the prophet, since spirit and prophet are synonymous?

Was Mohammed invisible that the people see him not?
when Jesus was telling the disciples, yes. Did you copy that?

Did people not know and see Mohammed?
not at the time of jesus. But much much later.

Was Mohammed born at that time to dwell with Jesus disciple?
Muhammad [sa] dwell in the hearts of the disciples. The disciple never met him because what the holy prophet [as holy spirit since prophet and spirit means the same thing in the context of Another comforter] must do as in teaching, reminding etc was for later time. Look, you are still expecting Jesus to come because he said he will come just one time for the disciples, not for you according to the bible. Did he come as he promised or a single disciple is alive waiting still? when one applies common sense, it will become clear that the writer of the verse about his return, the verse about when the another comforter will arrive missed the time. The time is much much later in both, not in the time of the disciples, for such in both.

noticed that Paul waited and he perished waiting. I am certain jesus didnt lie, but liars lied on him. One thing we know is that the another comforter will come before jesus returns. We know what the another comforter must do and whatever he was expected to do must be preserved for all time. What he heard from God must be unchanged because it will guidance for all till end of time. We see that this is exactly what is the case with Muhammad [sa] and the Quran.

You and I say Jesus will come back. Now pay attention. For me, I pray that i am long gone before he arrives. You wanna hang around? You case may just turn out like the case of Paul; waiting in vain.

Seek your prophet's legitimacy elsewhere.
Quran is enough. Muhammad [sa] is The Messenger of God. What else should be added? After all, a prophet does not have honor in his town. and son of man does not have a place to lay his head.

About your video, who is that satanic-looking man (an anti-christ) telling lies from the pit of hell?
no wonder. you know how satan looks. you are the friend of satan?

My explanations above (through the help of the Holy Spirit) have debunked all his lies.
holy spirit has done a shoddy job here. You present no evidence and you cant reconcile the differences in 4 Gospels. there was a single revelation, you people managed to create 4 stories about it instead of simply writing out the revelation, and keep the narrative separate in another book to serve as explanation. Holy Ghost missed a chance to shine when he gave 2 different sets of fathers to a single child of a woman.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2012
@sweetnecta

You said a lot of things that make a sensible person wonder how you reason.

How can you say Mohammed was invisible?

How can you say Mohammed was the Holy Spirit?

How can you say Mohammed lived in the disciple of Jesus when his forefathers were not born yet?

If Mohammed lived inside the disciples of Jesus, wouldn't they be fighting and fornicating about like him (a warlord, a man with insatiable se.xual urge)?

What can you call holiness in the life of Mohammed, an addicted sinner?

Frankly speaking, you are not honest with yourself and I pray you don't die a liar.

I am not a friend of satan but I can imagine how he looks like. Condemned to everlasting fire by God, he would never look happy and so do those who are deep in islam look.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Sweetnecta: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2012
by truthman2012: 10:10am
@sweetnecta

You said a lot of things that make a sensible person wonder how you reason.
Everything is relative. A bad man in a good society is really a very good man in the worst society. But is he a good man, truly?

How can you say Mohammed was invisible?
the same way i can say Jesus was invisible when Moses was talking to pharaoh.

How can you say Mohammed was the Holy Spirit?
Spirit is same as Prophet in the Bible. False Spirit is false prophet. true Spirit is True Prophet who is also Spirit from God being Prophet from God. Holy Prophet therefore is Holy Prophet [sa].

How can you say Mohammed lived in the disciple of Jesus when his forefathers were not born yet?
Unless Jesus was given them incorrect prophesy, it is safe to say that he must have described Another Comforter to come. I can safely say that his telling them "he will hear God and then he will say what he hears without addition [exaggeration] or subtraction [hiding something]. . . ." there is 8 he[s] to tell this listeners what this another Comforter will do. Is any of it done by a non talking spirit? Have heard directly fro the holy spirit or read what he sad to the disciples? You have no evidence of either. if you have any idea, show us the Book the disciples wrote about the info they got. Or tell me one thing the holy spirit told you of any good that Jesus didnt say.

The Holy spirit as another Comforter was not to make people brave so that they can preach away. No sir. Read the functions and you will not find making people bold in it. Boldness will be a product of being sure. You cant be sure unless you hear fro the holy spirit of what God told him. When you make holy spirit God, you eliminate him fro being God because does not need to wait and hear from Himself before he gave Moses revelation, David revelation, Jesus revelation that he preached. Why will God now change tactics? God is not going to affirm what Jesus said but send another prophet to do so. After all God sent Jesus to affirm what Moses said. God will not come to teach new or fullest info after jesus. He will send another prophet. Thats what God did when Jesus was sent to give fuller details by Jesus upon what Moses was given. You are wasting my precious time by not being a progressive thinker. I just woke up and i found you thinking like this.

If Mohammed lived inside the disciples of Jesus, wouldn't they be fighting and fornicating about like him (a warlord, a man with insatiable se.xual urge)?
Muhammad [sa] lives inside me, now. At my age and stature, if Muhammad [sa] is not inside me, do you know how much nl freebies are possible; in and out of nigeria? please dont make me laugh, unless you are from another planet. While people are having bf and gf, Muhammad [sa] inside us is the reason we are not doing it. I dont have the luxury of saying the blood of somebody is enough and i can do anything i want. Muhammad [sa] let me have shame and while i am not an angel, i am not a friend of satan who is a cheerleader that you should on with it; Hump anything, eat anything, do anything. Moral, the best example is Muhammad [sa]. You must have heard when you push a goat so far to the wall, it will turn around and bite you? Muhammmad [sa] let me know that i can defend myself when my life is in danger. There is no turning the other cheek unless my wife is lovingly touching them. If you truthman2012 slap me on this cheek, i definitely will not volunteer that cheek. I can walk away. I can warn you. I can slap you back. I have options and my action will depend on how mild, meek, etc i feel.

What can you call holiness in the life of Mohammed, an addicted sinner?
could you give me a sin he committed and provide the story from a to z because i will catch you in a lie. Now, i am bold enough to call you a liar here. i believe that you have no shame and your truth is from satan. and perish is the support of satan.

Frankly speaking, you are not honest with yourself and I pray you don't die a liar.
if my spirituality is a lie, God put me in the worst part of hell. Amin. If not a lie and I am struggling to follow your elect, Muhammad [sa], forgive me and forgive those who are believers in Muhammad [sa], make all my people alive now and all their generations till end of mankind, Muslims. amin.

Do you have assurance in christianity to make the same supplication to God, first against yourself and then for yourself, alone without involving your people? its one thing to pretend. please note that the time you can hide is over. If you believe in Jehovah and Jesus and Holy Ghost and your God or Gods, your choice, you now have the flow to supplicate Him, them.

I am not a friend of satan but I can imagine how he looks like. Condemned to everlasting fire by God, he would never look happy and so do those who are deep in islam look.
i am happy. all the muslims i know are happy when we see one another. i have many families who are happy to entertain other muslims. Everyone loves and happy to see others for the sake of Allah. I will leave you and shaytan alone.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by bigmanahmad: 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2012
proo212: @Truthman, these questions have been asked countless number of times and answers cannot be given, just posturing.These same questions are asked on different boards/blogs that I have read and the same, no answers can be given. And the truth is they have no answer.

History tells us the Quran we have now is not complete. Some versions are 114-116 chapters. Which is the correct version. Also, the copies that were burnt by the Caliph Abu Baker, why were the copies from Hafsah burnt and new copies rewritten? Which ones did the goats eat? Which ones died with those ho memorized them?

FROM WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR HISTORY FROM?? A XTIAN SITE...
WHO TOLD YOUR ABU-BAKR BURNT ANY COPY OF THE QURAN.... I WILL NOT GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS..GO BACK AND LEARN YOUR HISTORY FROM REAL HISTORIANS AND NOT XTIAN SCHOLARS...
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by bigmanahmad: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2012
@truthman
As you have said,we muslims believe in Jesus and the revelation given to him. The glorious Qur'an tot us that the injeel (popularly translated as GOSPEL) is no more in the form in which Jesus preached it. Bear in mind that when Quran mentioned about the injeel given to Jesus, it does not necessarily mean that it was a test book which jesus tot to his followers, it most certainly means that it was a revelation given tot to him by the angel, which Jesus preached to his people... his people later wrote them down..

There are many gospels but only few made it to the bible. Amongst them are, the four canonical Gospel (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John) some of whom were not the desciples of Jesus. What was the original lang of the bible, HEBREW? GREEK? ARAMAIC?
lets be logic here, Jesus spoke aramaic yet the new testament was written in Greek...care to explain why?
TRY THIS AT HOME
there are three main lang in nigeria (Yoruba, hausa, igbo). PICK A YORUBA SENTENCE, TRANSLATE TO HAHSA, THEN TO IGBO THEN ENGLISH and see what will happen to the original meaning of the word when it was in yoruba..most times, it will change.

ARAMAIC----->GREEK----->ENGLISH...WHAT DO YOU EXPECT...
THAT IS WHY YOU FIND EACH GOSPEL CONTRADICTING EACH OTHER

What were Jesus’ last words?
Matthew has Jesus shout “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”:[Matthew 27:46,50 (NRSV)]
Mark’s account is almost identical[Mark 15:34, 37 (NRSV)]
In Luke, though, Jesus’ last words are “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”:Luke 23:46 (NRSV)]
John confuses matters further, having Jesus say “It is finished”:[John 19:30 (NRSV)]
WHO CARRIED THE CROSS OF JESUS SIMON OR JESUS

TO MENTION FEW
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
proo212: @Truthman, these questions have been asked countless number of times and answers cannot be given, just posturing.These same questions are asked on different boards/blogs that I have read and the same, no answers can be given. And the truth is they have no answer.

Thank you bros.

We are saying what we are saying not because of these people who know the truth but are twisting it, especially their leader, sweetnecta. We are saying it because of innocent souls who are following them ignorantly.

Mohammed kept asking for forgiveness of his sins till he died. He knew he was an unforgiven sinner. If the leader is a sinner, what is the fate of the followers. It is pure spiritual blindness.

Their case is like the blind leading the blind. What will happen?
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
bigmanahmad: @truthman
As you have said,we muslims believe in Jesus and the revelation given to him. The glorious Qur'an tot us that the injeel (popularly translated as GOSPEL) is no more in the form in which Jesus preached it. Bear in mind that when Quran mentioned about the injeel given to Jesus, it does not necessarily mean that it was a test book which jesus tot to his followers, it most certainly means that it was a revelation given tot to him by the angel, which Jesus preached to his people... his people later wrote them down..

There are many gospels but only few made it to the bible. Amongst them are, the four canonical Gospel (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John) some of whom were not the desciples of Jesus. What was the original lang of the bible, HEBREW? GREEK? ARAMAIC?
lets be logic here, Jesus spoke aramaic yet the new testament was written in Greek...care to explain why?
TRY THIS AT HOME
there are three main lang in nigeria (Yoruba, hausa, igbo). PICK A YORUBA SENTENCE, TRANSLATE TO HAHSA, THEN TO IGBO THEN ENGLISH and see what will happen to the original meaning of the word when it was in yoruba..most times, it will change.

ARAMAIC----->GREEK----->ENGLISH...WHAT DO YOU EXPECT...
THAT IS WHY YOU FIND EACH GOSPEL CONTRADICTING EACH OTHER

What were Jesus’ last words?
Matthew has Jesus shout “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”:[Matthew 27:46,50 (NRSV)]
Mark’s account is almost identical[Mark 15:34, 37 (NRSV)]
In Luke, though, Jesus’ last words are “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”:Luke 23:46 (NRSV)]
John confuses matters further, having Jesus say “It is finished”:[John 19:30 (NRSV)]
WHO CARRIED THE CROSS OF JESUS SIMON OR JESUS

TO MENTION FEW

You made a number of assertions here, one correct and others wrong.

You said there were many Gospels but only a few made it to the Bible. That is correct. There was nothing the Devil didn't do to corrupt the Bible but God would not allow him to succeed. Devil's success means victory over God and it cannot happen.

Before the Bible was compiled into one Book, the Scriptures were in various parchments. There were many other writings of various people? some of them magicians some occultists.

They all wanted their writings incorporated into the Bible including the so-called
6th and 7th book of Moses, which was authored by a magician. It was the early christians who by the Spirit of God discerned the word of God among the writings. This shows the Scripture had been in writing (including the ten commandment) for as long as God knows.

The quran never condemned the bible, instead it approved of it (Sura 2:62). What the quran is quarelling with is the sonship of Jesus, which was the message of angel Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:35) and God Himself confirmed the message (Matthew 3:16-17, Luke 3:21-22). The same denial was the reason the pharises and saduses persecuted Jesus before islam. It is the same spirit behind it.

As for interpretation from the original language of the Bible to other languages, I don't see any problem in that. The Hebrews, Greek and Aramaic people are still alive today. Many of them can read the Bible in other languages and there has been no complaint from them.

As for Jesus last words, two writers agreed, others did not disagree, they were only silent on it, silence means consent. When more than one writer cover an event, they cannot write the same thing verbatim.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by bigmanahmad: 8:48pm On Dec 17, 2012
THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS....WE CAN ONLY COME TO A TERM WITH DIALOGUES NOT ARGUMENTS
GO THROUGH THE HISTORY OF XTIANITY, THE EARLY YEARS OF THE JEWS WHO WERE LATER CALLED XTIAN AFTER THE DEPARTURE OF JESUS WAS BAD. THEY WERE PERSECUTED FOR THE FIRST CENTURY...THE PERSECUTION ONLY STOPPED WHEN XTIANITY HAD TO CHANGE SOME OF THEIR TEACHINGS TO MATCH THE ROMAN PEOPLE OF THEN..
WATCH THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=QSYgEsfxyB4&NR=1

Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve. quran 2;62
the verse is speaking in the past tense and refers to those who believed among the people of the book during the time of the prophet pbuh.

there are verses in the quran as i will show you now which declared that the injeel is corrupted:

Do you (faithful believers) covet that they will believe in your religion inspite of the fact that a party of them (Jewish rabbis) used to hear the Word of Allah [the Taurat (Torah)], then they used to change it knowingly after they understood it? 2;75

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, "This is from Allah," to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby 2;79

And indeed, there is among them a party who alter the Scripture with their tongues so you may think it is from the Scripture, but it is not from the Scripture. And they say, "This is from Allah ," but it is not from Allah . And they speak untruth about Allah while they know.3;78

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Allah took a covenant from those who were given the Scripture, [saying], "You must make it clear to the people and not conceal it." But they threw it away behind their backs and exchanged it for a small price. And wretched is that which they purchased.
.....to mention a few.....
as for the last word of jesus, to writers agree(mat and mrk) two disagree and said a diff thing (luk and john)...i gave you the verses already...WHAT EXACTLY DID JESUS SAY LAST B4 HE GAVE UP THE GHOST??

Who carried Jesus’ cross?
When Jesus had been sentenced to crucifixion, he was marched out to the place of his execution, Golgotha. The gospels disagree, however, as to who it was that carried Jesus’ cross.

As they went out, they came upon a man from Cyrene named Simon; they compelled this man to carry his cross. [Matthew 27:32 (NRSV)]

They compelled a passer-by, who was coming in from the country, to carry his cross; it was Simon of Cyrene, the father of Alexander and Rufus. [Mark 15:21 (NRSV)]

As they led him away, they seized a man, Simon of Cyrene, who was coming from the country, and they laid the cross on him, and made him carry it behind Jesus. [Luke 23:26 (NRSV)]
John, however, has Jesus carry his own cross:
… and carrying the cross by himself, he went out to what is called The Place of the Skull, which in Hebrew is called Golgotha. [John 19:17 (NRSV)]
So who carried Jesus’ cross to Golgotha, Simon of Cyrene or Jesus himself?

truthman2012:

You made a number of assertions here, one correct and others wrong.

You said there were many Gospels but only a few made it to the Bible. That is correct. There was nothing the Devil didn't do to corrupt the Bible but God would not allow him to succeed. Devil's success means victory over God and it cannot happen.

Before the Bible was compiled into one Book, the Scriptures were in various parchments. There were many other writings of various people? some of them magicians some occultists.

They all wanted their writings incorporated into the Bible including the so-called
6th and 7th book of Moses, which was authored by a magician. It was the early christians who by the Spirit of God discerned the word of God among the writings. This shows the Scripture had been in writing (including the ten commandment) for as long as God knows.

The quran never condemned the bible, instead it approved of it (Sura 2:62). What the quran is quarelling with is the sonship of Jesus, which was the message of angel Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:35) and God Himself confirmed the message (Matthew 3:16-17, Luke 3:21-22). The same denial was the reason the pharises and saduses persecuted Jesus before islam. It is the same spirit behind it.

As for interpretation from the original language of the Bible to other languages, I don't see any problem in that. The Hebrews, Greek and Aramaic people are still alive today. Many of them can read the Bible in other languages and there has been no complaint from them.

As for Jesus last words, two writers agreed, others did not disagree, they were only silent on it, silence means consent. When more than one writer cover an event, they cannot write the same thing verbatim.

Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by bigmanahmad: 8:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
How did the crowd identify Jesus to arrest him?

Jesus often met with his disciples in the garden of Gethsemane. Having agreed to betray him, Judas led an armed crowd there so that they could arrest him. The gospels contradict each other, however, concerning how the crowd knew who to arrest.According to Matthew and Mark, Judas kissed Jesus in order to identify him to the crowd who had been sent to arrest him:

While he [Jesus] was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, arrived; with him was a large crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests and the elders of the people. Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying, ‘The one I will kiss is the man; arrest him.’ At once he came up to Jesus and said, ‘Greetings, Rabbi!’ and kissed him. Jesus said to him, ‘Friend, do what you are here to do.’ Then they they came and lay hands on Jesus and arrested him. [Matthew 26:47-50, NRSV]

Immediately, while he [Jesus] was still speaking, Judas, one of the twelve, arrived; and with him there was a crowd with swords and clubs, from the chief priests, the scribes, and the elders. Now the betrayer had given them a sign, saying, ‘The one I will kiss is the man; arrest him and lead him away under guard.’ So when he came, he went up to him at once and said, ‘Rabbi!’ and kissed him. Then they laid hands on him and arrested him. [Mark 14:43-46, NRSV]

According to Luke, Judas intended to identify Jesus with a kiss, but Jesus interrupted him:
While he [Jesus] was still speaking, suddenly a crowd came, and the one called Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him; but Jesus said to him, ‘Judas, is it with a kiss that you are betraying the Son of Man?’ … Then Jesus said to the chief priests, the officers of the temple police, and the elders who had come for him, ‘Have you come out with swords and clubs as if I were a bandit?’ When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness!’ Then they seized him and led him away… [Luke 22:47-48, 52-54a, NRSV]

According to John, Jesus identified himself to the crowd; there was no need for Judas to point him out using a kiss or any other means:
So Judas brought a detachment of soldiers together with police from the chief priests and the Pharisees, and they came there with lanterns and torches and weapons. Then Jesus, knowing all that was to happen to him, came forward and asked them, ‘For whom are you looking?’ They answered, ‘Jesus of Nazareth.’ Jesus replied, ‘I am he.’ [John 18:3-5a, NRSV]

So how did the crowd identify Jesus to arrest him? Did Judas kiss him, approach to kiss him but get interrupted, or did Jesus identify himself?

I CAN GO ON AND ON!!
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
@bigmanahmad

I appreciate your articulate and detailed explanations but I am sorry to tell you that I do not agree with them.

I cannot accept your interpretation of sura 2:62 as a statement refering to the past christians just because the word 'believed' is a past tense. Christians are christians whether then or now.

Again, sura 4:136 says ''O ye who BELIEVE in Allah and His messanger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His messanger and the Scripture which He revealed AFORETIME. Whosoever disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messangers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray''. Here the quran approves of christian scripture which is the one revealed aforetime.

Therefore any other parts of the quran as you have quoted that condemned the Bible (which is the Scriptures revealed aforetime) amounts to contradiction among other contradictions in the quran.

When was the christian scriptures altered or corrupted after Gabriel had accepted it as genuine in the sura quoted above? The Bible did not derive its authenticity from the quran anyway.

Who carried the cross of Jesus? You quotations are right but you would notice that Matthew and Mark agree or at least two agree and that is what is required. ''It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true'' (John 8:17).

I had ealier said that when there are two or more writers on an event, there writing cannot be the same verbatim. It was only Gabriel who spoke in the quran and yet the are many contradictions, an example is one on christian scriptures mentioned above.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Nobody: 4:36am On Dec 18, 2012
Dear brothers and sisters in islam ......

No matter how detailed and articulate u are to insinuations by Truthman ...

Quran 2 Vs 120 is what u shall later resolved to and also Quran 109 ........

Glory be to Almighty Allah (swt)!!!

Kudos 2 sweetnecta and bigmanahmad also Tbaba
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 9:05am On Dec 18, 2012
donroxy: Dear brothers and sisters in islam ......

No matter how detailed and articulate u are to insinuations by Truthman ...

Quran 2 Vs 120 is what u shall later resolved to and also Quran 109 ........

Glory be to Almighty Allah (swt)!!!

Kudos 2 sweetnecta and bigmanahmad also Tbaba

Donroxy, your declaration here is your own will, not God's. Jesus knows how He will save His own even among muslims. Though they may face stiff persecutions from people like you, their souls are worth more than the persecutions.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 18, 2012
truthman2012:

Donroxy, your declaration here is your own will, not God's. Jesus knows how He will save His own even among muslims. Though they may face stiff persecutions from people like you, their souls are worth more than the persecutions.

Who am I to persecute u......thats funny though...

Muslim belief in Jesus christ among other prophets of Allah(swt)..... Muslim must also belief in Gospel of jesus(the message jesus was dissipating which is ''people must worship only ''ONE GOD'' ......... ONE and ONE GOD ALONE, NO PARTNER MUST BE ASSOCIATED WITH GOD) among other scriptures NOT the scriptures written by John,luke,mark inspired by PAUL!!!!

Muslims among other Monotheist(jews,judahist et all) MUST never believe that ''Jesus is the son of God''

Muslims Among other monetheist MUST never believe in Holy Trinity ''God the father, who is Also the son, who is also the Holy Spirity''

ISLAM IS INDEED THE WAY AND THE TRUTH!!!!
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by truthman2012(m): 11:47am On Dec 18, 2012
donroxy:

Who am I to persecute u......thats funny though...

Muslim belief in Jesus christ among other prophets of Allah(swt)..... Muslim must also belief in Gospel of jesus(the message jesus was dissipating which is ''people must worship only ''ONE GOD'' ......... ONE and ONE GOD ALONE, NO PARTNER MUST BE ASSOCIATED WITH GOD) among other scriptures NOT the scriptures written by John,luke,mark inspired by PAUL!!!!

Muslims among other Monotheist(jews,judahist et all) MUST never believe that ''Jesus is the son of God''

Muslims Among other monetheist MUST never believe in Holy Trinity ''God the father, who is Also the son, who is also the Holy Spirity''

ISLAM IS INDEED THE WAY AND THE TRUTH!!!!

Liars. How can revelations from a demonic angel be the truth? May God open your spiritual eyes.

I read a thread here by buzola, one of your muslim brothers that said Mohammed gave lecture to a jinn (evil spirit). How did he contact an evil spirit and were relating together - giving him lectures he learnt from arch-demon Gabriel.

How can you believe Gabriel and Muhammed carry God's message? What can be more corrupt than demons' messages?

Like I said in one of my posts, muslim alfa are doing nothing but arabian magic. After studing the quran, the next thing is to learn arabian magic and you are bold to call them men of God. Which God?

You cannot associate with evil spirits in this world and expect to be with God in paradise. Never.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by bigmanahmad: 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthman2012:
@bigmanahmad

I appreciate your articulate and detailed explanations but I am sorry to tell you that I do not agree with them.
Thanks for your gentle approach.

truthman2012: I cannot accept your interpretation of sura 2:62 as a statement refering to the past christians just because the word 'believed' is a past tense. Christians are christians whether then or now.
Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.
THE VERSE IS VERY CLEAR AS IS EVIDENT IN ITS REPEATED USE OF PAST TENSE.YOU HAVE TO AGREE TO THAT.

truthman2012: Again, sura 4:136 says ''O ye who BELIEVE in Allah and His messanger and the Scripture which He hath revealed unto His messanger and the Scripture which He revealed AFORETIME. Whosoever disbelieveth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messangers and the Last Day, he verily hath wandered far astray''. Here the quran approves of christian scripture which is the one revealed aforetime.
WE BELIEVE IN ALL THE REVELATIONS OF GOD, WE MAKE NO DIFFERENCE. INJEEL, TORAH, PSALMS, QURAN...HOWEVER, THROUGH TIME, THESE REVELATIONS (except the glorious quran) HAVE UNDERGONE CHANGES. PLZ WATCH THIS; http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=QSYgEsfxyB4&NR=1
THE QUR'AN TOLD US TO BELIEVE IN ALL REVELATIONS BUT ALSO WARNED US ABOUT THE CORRUPTION OF THE BIBLE. THE XTIANS CALL THE PRESENT DAY BIBLE THE WORD IF GOD, YET IT IS NO MORE THAN HISTORICAL NOTES WRITTEN BY MEN...
So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.

truthman2012: Therefore any other parts of the quran as you have quoted that condemned the Bible (which is the Scriptures revealed aforetime) amounts to contradiction among other contradictions in the quran.

When was the christian scriptures altered or corrupted after Gabriel had accepted it as genuine in the sura quoted above? The Bible did not derive its authenticity from the quran anyway.

Who carried the cross of Jesus? You quotations are right but you would notice that Matthew and Mark agree or at least two agree and that is what is required. ''It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true'' (John 8:17).
IF THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE BIBLE WERE REALLY DIRECTED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, THEN THEY WILL AGREE IN ALL MATTERS FOR GOD IS ONE AFTER ALL AND HE IS NOT AN AUTHOR OF CONFUSION. THE TRUTH AS EVIDENT FROM THE BEGINNING AND MIDDLE OF MANY CHAPTERS IN THE BIBLE IS THAT, MANY OF THESE BIBLE WRITERS WROTE WHAT THEY THINK WAS RIGHT AND WERE NEVER DIRECTED BY THE SPIRIT...REMEMBER THE THOUGHT OF MAN IS NOT THE SAME AS THAT OF GOD...
TAKE FOR EXAMPLE...LUKE; CH1;V1-4...TOLD US THAT, MANY PEOPLE HAS WRITTEN THE HISTORY BEFORE HIM...AND THIS PEOPLE ARE EITHER EYE WITNESSES OR MINISTERS OF THE WORD...LUKE THEN DECIDED TO WRITE HIS OWN HISTORY BEING ALSO AN EYE WITNESS.
THE SAME HAPPENED IN THE BOOK OF MATHEW WERE MATHEW WAS REFERRING TO HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON...''..and he Mathew said to he Jesus''(something like this)...THIS ALSO HINT US THAT MATHEW DID NOT WRITE THE BOOK OF MATHEW....I CAN GO ON...

truthman2012: I had ealier said that when there are two or more writers on an event, there writing cannot be the same verbatim. It was only Gabriel who spoke in the quran and yet the are many contradictions, an example is one on christian scriptures mentioned above.
THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS IN THE QURAN!!!
IF GOD INSPIRED ALL THE WRITERS OF THE BIBLE, SHOULDN'T ALL OF THEM AGREE??
So woe to those who write the "scripture" with their own hands, then say, "This is from Allah ," in order to exchange it for a small price. Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for what they earn.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by manmacho: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2012
truthman2012:

Liars. How can revelations from a demonic angel be the truth? May God open your spiritual eyes.

I read a thread here by buzola, one of your muslim brothers that said Mohammed gave lecture to a jinn (evil spirit). How did he contact an evil spirit and were relating together - giving him lectures he learnt from arch-demon Gabriel.

How can you believe Gabriel and Muhammed carry God's message? What can be more corrupt than demons' messages?

Like I said in one of my posts, muslim alfa are doing nothing but arabian magic. After studing the quran, the next thing is to learn arabian magic and you are bold to call them men of God. Which God?

You cannot associate with evil spirits in this world and expect to be with God in paradise. Never.

no matter how much you quote explain teach etc. they we never come to the knowledge of this truth. for you to do anything you must start in the place of prayer against the spirit that work in the children of this world

that God should open their heart to receive the gospel of light. only then will you be able to say anything that they will accept.
Re: Muslims Say They Believe In Jesus by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2012
manmacho:

no matter how much you quote explain teach etc. they we never come to the knowledge of this truth. for you to do anything you must start in the place of prayer against the spirit that work in the children of this world

that God should open their heart to receive the gospel of light. only then will you be able to say anything that they will accept.

@Truthman 2012...........

u ve jumped into another issue entirely, why do u like derailing ur own thread........ By d way,

Just note that, There is answer 2 every question u asked concerning Islam.... The answers are always scriptural(Quran)........

Yes, the Quran made us 2 understand that there are two distinct BEINGs on planet earth .... We human and the JINN........ Other than Animals right....

The Jinn are also divided into two groups; Those that enjoined Goodliness/Godliness and the Bad ones just like we human!!!

What u heard 4rm dat Alfa is also correct!!!!

As 2 ur vituperations, thats what u usually resolved to, i think am used 2 it!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Easy Ways To Earn Reward Even After Death / Dr. Sharof Ogbomosho / Proove It If Quran Is Really God's Word And Not Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 229
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.