Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,168 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:42 AM

Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars (1499 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NNPC Depots Run Dry / Anarchy Looms As Minister Viola Onwuliri Dissolves 30 Years Old Marriage(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by mrcali1: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2012
The crisis generated by the recent ban on okada may take a different twist as they plan to attack private cars accross the metropolis in order to create anarchy. It will be recalled that several BRT buses was attacked following the ban. This is getting serious
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by bigass(f): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2012
I don't care whether the post is true or not but I support this. Let anarchy reign. Then fashola will know people are not smiling. How can you ban okada in a place like Lagos. They pride themselves as having a population of 18million
But not ready to provide infrastructure to support the huge population.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2012
none of you supporting criminal acts against society should come here lamenting when these okada people end up in the morgue. police will defend society against criminal acts and they will do so with resolve.

2 Likes

Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 8:51am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass: I don't care whether the post is true or not but I support this. Let anarchy reign. Then fashola will know people are not smiling. How can you ban okada in a place like Lagos. They pride themselves as having a population of 18million

the infrastructure you need is back in your village, fashola has told you to respect his state and the society of his state. if thats too hard to do go home to village in peace and in one piece.

1 Like

Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by bigass(f): 8:55am On Dec 15, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

the infrastructure you need is back in your village, fashola has told you to respect his state and the society of his state. if thats too hard to do go home to village in peace and in one piece.

You are mad. What about the commuters that are suffering. Those who have wait 2 hrs to get buses. Or do you think everybody have cars or what. Fashola is very stupid to ban okada. He should have banned danfo too.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by azpeculiar: 8:56am On Dec 15, 2012
In no sane society, is there a justification for any form of lawlessness.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by bigass(f): 8:57am On Dec 15, 2012
Dudu_Negro: none of you supporting criminal acts against society should come here lamenting when these okada people end up in the morgue. police will defend society against criminal acts and they will do so with resolve.
In your mind you've spoken. When revolution comes you will be consumed
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by homerac7: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2012
Dudu_Negro: none of you supporting criminal acts against society should come here lamenting when these okada people end up in the morgue. police will defend society against criminal acts and they will do so with resolve.

+ 10000

@ OP

i dont knw how true ur rumour is o, but i dare them to try it and dt spells d end of okada commercial business in Nigeria with immediate effect after police has killed, maimed and arrested many of the goat-brained anarchists.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Emusan(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass:
You are mad. What about the commuters that are suffering. Those who have wait 2 hrs to get buses. Or do you think everybody have cars or what. Fashola is very stupid to ban okada. He should have banned danfo too.

Easy bro is too early and be angry at this time of the day might be too dangerous for your health.

Says By WHO (World Health Organization) gringringringrin
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass:

you are a fool!

okada is only recent in the Nigerian history, how did these people gwt to work before okada?

2 Likes

Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by aljharem(m): 9:06am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass: I don't care whether the post is true or not but I support this. Let anarchy reign. Then fashola will know people are not smiling. How can you ban okada in a place like Lagos. They pride themselves as having a population of 18million

LOL you have to agree that your statement is very nonsensical. Okada should and will be stopped in Lagos. I don't know how some of you reason at times. Criminals use Okada to robber people, Okada riders have killed a lot of Lagosians and any other means of transportation, the list is endless.

The current BRT and likes of eko rail should do the trick. Moreover Keke Napep still dey there my brother. Okada is not sustainable.

Fashola is a real Lagosian unlike, your likes and Tinubu that can easly run back to una village when the city has failed.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Chynx(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass:

My dear, Dudu has said it all. Only a mad man does the same thing the same way, all the time and expects a change! In how many advanced countries have u seen okada being used as a means of public transport? Okada has done more harm than good my dear; trust me. If you visit some general hospitals e.g in Port-Harcourt, u will be alarmed at d massive reduction of accident victims in the wards and morgue since the inception of ban to okada in the state. Lets all cultivate the habit of living without okada...afterall, when did okada become a means of public transport in Nigeria, that we suddenly cant do without?

I don't own a car yet as I speak and I live at Ajah in Lagos. I am in the same boat my dear. Lets all pay the price for a better Nation!
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 9:08am On Dec 15, 2012
azpeculiar: In no sane society, is there a justification for any form of lawlessness.

in bigass' village a 2hr wait for bus is the proper recipe to go on rampage and attack innocent car owners. if it wasnt for their car the bus would be there quicker.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Chynx(m): 9:11am On Dec 15, 2012

I suffer + I buy moto + u craze as okada man + u vandalize my hard earned moto + I get gun for moto + I bring am out, I shoot u + U die go!
Nothing concern my moto and any okada man wey e head dey touch o. I no go waste time delete d werrre!

1 Like

Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 9:16am On Dec 15, 2012
Chynx:

I suffer + I buy moto + u craze as okada man + u vandalize my hard earned moto + I get gun for moto + I bring am out, I shoot u + U die go!
Nothing concern my moto and any okada man wey e head dey touch o. I no go waste time delete d werrre!

ah, abi o....whats the logic behind this plan to attack private motorists? How does that help thrir cause? na wah for naija o! grin
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by bigass(f): 9:24am On Dec 15, 2012
@ all your reasoning is so wrong. Cigarette smoking is bad and has killed many people yet fashola has not banned it. Danfo has killed and maimed many yet its not banned. Okada is resultant effect of a systemic failure. If there was no market for it okada riders will go out of business why not snatch the market from them. MTN and co took the market from Nitel where's Nitel today. Let the govt provide alternatives.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Chynx(m): 9:25am On Dec 15, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

ah, abi o....whats the logic behind this plan to attack private motorists? How does that help thrir cause? na wah for naija o! grin

Thats their mentality. Them no see Government moto go vandalize? Na my small scooter u wan come vandalize?... I go salute any form of violence towards me or my property with equal violence...in self defense. Make all man carry him cross o cos no be only am dey suffer hardship. We all are in it together.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by bigass(f): 9:28am On Dec 15, 2012
Chynx:

Thats their mentality. I salute any form of violence towards me or my property with equal violence...in self defense. Make all man carry him cross o cos no be only am dey suffer hardship. We all are in it together.
If your windscreen is broken. Will you still go to work? That's their aim and it will be achieved by attacking many so many pple won't make it to work.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 9:38am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass: @ all your reasoning is so wrong. Cigarette smoking is bad and has killed many people yet fashola has not banned it. Danfo has killed and maimed many yet its not banned. Okada is resultant effect of a systemic failure. If there was no market for it okada riders will go out of business why not snatch the market from them. MTN and co took the market from Nitel where's Nitel today. Let the govt provide alternatives.

...smoking carries warning, plus its like drinking or eating, your life style is your choice and okada is not in the rank or category of lifestyle. so thats a wrong comparison. i know they used it at the NLC rally but its a wrong analogy.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by homerac7: 9:40am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass:
If your windscreen is broken. Will you still go to work? That's their aim and it will be achieved by attacking many so many pple won't make it to work.

Guy, ...now seriously u need to STFU n sit ur "bigass" down in a corner! u r really sounding like an a/s/s, u knw? if u hav a death wish, u go join ur stupid goons to claim okada group and start vandalizing vehicles. maybe it will even do us some good as society to rid off a dumb head from our midst.

Now u see y i keep sayn that Aluu tragedy is a reflection of general failure of psyche power of most Nigerians? I'm sure if i run through ur posts, i will probably see u criticizing d Aluu villagers whereas you r not better yourself.

Now you really need to shut up and go away wt ur stupid, baseless and senseless rumor.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by geez1: 9:41am On Dec 15, 2012

Which cage did this one break free from? I know you don't own a car but for every windshield that is broken by an Okada rider in Lagos , I pray someone will smash a Hennessy bottle on your head
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by geez1: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2012

Which cage did this one break free from? I know you don't own a car but for every windshield that is broken by an Okada rider in Lagos , I pray someone will smash a Hennessy bottle on your head. Olori buruku
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2012
bigass:

how many people do u know that will sit passively and watch their car windshield broken and do nothing? there will be a mob of okada riders out there but there will also be a horde of car owners supporting one another against the okada mob. how would you like for the car owners to go berserk and turn their cara into weapons? do you consider that sensible and civil?
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by homerac7: 9:45am On Dec 15, 2012
geez*:

Which cage did this one break free from? I know you don't own a car but for every windshield that is broken by an Okada rider in Lagos , I pray someone will smash a Hennessy bottle on your head. Olori buruku

ROTFLMAO!!!

guy, u killed it...Hennessy bottle ke! abeg no woun-jure me wt laff ds early mo-mo o! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by DuduNegro: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2012
geez*:

Which cage did this one break free from? I know you don't own a car but for every windshield that is broken by an Okada rider in Lagos , I pray someone will smash a Hennessy bottle on your head

ahh, ogbeni, use stout...use stout bottle. dont waste hennessy like that. cheesy
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by ypzilanti: 9:46am On Dec 15, 2012
A lot of the people condemning the ban on Okada may only be alive today due to the ban.

Okada has no business on an expressway.

I'm saying it three times because it seems some people are dumb.

Okada was never banned in Lagos, just on some routes.

What the Okada leaders should be doing is negotiating with government to remove some roads with less safty concern from the list.

I definitely dont want to see okada weaving through Ikorodu road or 3rd mainland bridge again. No one wants blood on their hands...even when its not your fault, you will be traumatized for life.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 15, 2012

Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Chynx(m): 10:01am On Dec 15, 2012
ypzilanti: A lot of the people condemning the ban on Okada may only be alive today due to the ban.

I'm saying it three times because it seems some people are dumb.

Okada was never banned in Lagos, just on some routes.

What the Okada leaders should be doing is negotiating with government to remove some roads with less safty concern from the list.

I definitely dont want to see okada weaving through Ikorodu road or 3rd mainland bridge again. No one wants blood on their hands...even when its not your fault, you will be traumatized for life.

Spot on!
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by ypzilanti: 10:11am On Dec 15, 2012
You can never fight against the state and succeed, unless in a total revolution. The ban was legally done. If you do not like it, you should legally challenge it as has been tried already unsuccessfully. The next thing would then be to mobilize your okada men to vote against the government in next election.

I think the majority of Lagosians understand the ban, and appreciate it...even with the slight discomfort. Besides okada still plys within neighbourhoods where majority of the business is done anyway.

If they try this, there will be a total ban... and nothing will happen.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by taharqa: 10:49am On Dec 15, 2012
Anytime sm of u guys are quick to talk about Anarchy reigning Or Revolutns etc cos of sm disagreements with d authorities, i always feel like getting to u guys, collecting yr fones with which u access d free MB and smarck u KIDS on yr faces. U tink if there is Anarchy in Lagos or any part of Nigeria, both yrself and family (and even oda lovd ones) wud be spard?..*smh*
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by Rooneyboy(m): 10:51am On Dec 15, 2012
what comes readily comes to mind with this news is the case of the coal miners in south africa.

Only a foolish man would go attack govt without being armed.
Re: Anarchy Looms As Okada Riders Plan To Attack Private Cars by demmy(m): 10:56am On Dec 15, 2012
We complain about lack of development yet when someone tries to bring development through order and discipline we still complain. The reality is okadas are not the way forward. The earlier they are phased out the better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Was Lured Into Baraje Led Pdp Faction -- Atiku / Shoe Thrown At Iran President On Return Home After Obama Call / Police To Move Against Israeli Security In Rivers •may Sanction Lastma, O Yes, Y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.