Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

I Know My GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Know My GOD (477 Views)

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian / Where Is My God-given Husband? / My God, My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Know My GOD by Freezle(m): 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2012
Almost everyone has a warped idea of God and a twisted reason for serving him.In the underdeveloped countries like Nigeria were poverty is at gargantuan levels, God is mostly seen only in the light of a magnanimous provider. Therefore, most people who serve God were poverty holds sway like in naija, serve him mostly because they need to be liberated from their woes.Most are not genuine but are only forced to serve God because of the many hydra headed problems be-deviling them.That is the reason why the Nigerian christian uses terms like"my year of prosperity", 'on eagles wings", divine restoration,etc .Each of these cliches connotes a great desperation for materialism. The developed world in the west also, have a skewed idea of God. To them, they don't need him because they think they have everything going for them.This is why there is a general spread of aggressive secularism in western nations, and the God concept now appears vanishingly small in the developed worlds. They too see God as a problem solver, and since they have most of their problems solved, they also think they don't need him.But both are wrong, God shouldn't be served for material gains, but should be worshiped genuinely and not for what he can give........... ........It is no trade by barter.
Re: I Know My GOD by advocate666: 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2012
Freezle: God shouldn't be served for material gains, but should be worshiped genuinely and not for what he can give........... ........It is no trade by barter.

Or else?
Re: I Know My GOD by seyibrown(f): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
There are poor and rich people who genuinely love the Lord. Those who love him only for what he can do need to be taught not to love God conditionally, as many just do not know or understand what unconditional love is!
Re: I Know My GOD by Freezle(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
@seyibrown, I fully agree with you!

(1) (Reply)

Testimony Time ! / Atheism Will Rule / Christmas...assuming Jesus Was Not Born

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.