Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,552 members, 7,978,821 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 02:49 PM

Technical Help With Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Technical Help With Modem (584 Views)

Browsing With Modem And Browsing With Phone On Pc Which One Is Better? / TECHNICAL HELP!!! "You Need To Format The Disk Before You Can Use It" / Help With Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Technical Help With Modem by SimplyAlfy: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2012
Due 2 negligence i mistakenly broke my modem nd as no means to get an adhensive to stick it back 2geda tlk less of getting a new one; i dont know i have this modem(orange ntwk i gues)its like the regular usb modem with a sim space but the thing there is its cdma(qualcomm 3g cdma)but, also it indicates any sim placed in it and funny the first time i had it long,before the start of data plans i put in a mtn sim and as usual wit computer updating it used up my whole airtime when i connected it
The thing there nw is:-
1.Showing and connecting with networks does it mean the modem is unlocked?
2.As a cdma,working with gsm sims means i can use it with the different network's data plans.
3.Heres where i neem help the most for clarity and what to do: the modem has its own software application(globetrotter sumtin! Sumtin!)jst lik any isp and the thing is it only connects from there even with the different sims in,it uses its own software app interface homepage though indicating the network name used,with a slight hint i thot afta certain configuration with an unlocked modem u should be able to use a modem with the app of the network simcard in.
Pls ur intelligent response will really be appreciated and thanks for taking ur precious time to read and reply to this.Thank you all.

(1) (Reply)

The Effect Of Pluging Your Laptop To A Voltage Below 100v / I Found Somthing For You Read It. / Deadly Delta Search Malware: How To Remove It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.