Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,169 members, 7,939,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (5501 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Chief Awolowo,HID,Mrs Osinbajo's Mother And Others / FULL TEXT: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And The Missing Trillions Pt.1-Chukwuma C. Soludo / Video Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Dancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by legs(f): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2005
IAH u are just mischief itself grin

@ seun that was a bit harsh sha o! i am sure it was just a bit of clowning around, certainly nothing to warrant the general criticism against women.

but abeg i was hoping that the person that started this thread would be able to supply some more info on her, i would certainly like to know more about her.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by bioye(m): 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2005
i think she looks quite good, too..
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Seun(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2005
Thank you, bioye. She was presentable enough to be accepted as the Vice President on the World Bank Group so what the hell are you girls saying? She's good enough for the world bank and for president Obasanjo but not good enough for you because you are ... what?

To you she seems local because she's wearing native dress? Haven't you seen Richard Branson wearing native dress when he's in Nigeria? Does that make him local?

Follow the first link on the first post, you'l see that she's a Havard and MIT graduate:
"Okonjo-Iweala graduated with a A.B. magna cum laude in Economics from Harvard University and holds a Ph.D. in Regional Economics and Development from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology." link. Those are two of the most respected universities in the world and she's a graduate of both.

Please, people, let's learn to pay attention to what's important.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by hotangel2(f): 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2005
Because i am ME. Native dress is good. Promotes her culture.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by obong(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2005
I love the native dress. thats one thing about obasanjo i like a lot
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by hotangel2(f): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2005
me too. No matter where he goes...his agbada follows him. That's good. Shows that he likes his culture.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by IAH(f): 3:12pm On Aug 12, 2005
We are not talking about her native dress here. Many people wear native dresses and still look dazzling. But Madam Ngozi? NO. The fact that she has bagged all the degrees in this world does not mean she is perfect without blemish. Looking good is her shortcoming.

Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Aug 12, 2005
And why are you looking for shortcomings? Jealousy! That is why Nigerian women will find it hard to prgress as much as the men-folk. They are too busy pulling each other down.

*spits on the floor* women!

apologies to dablessed, legs, and the other noble women out there supporting their own!
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by obong(m): 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2005
ah ah, seun, nah wah for you. grin
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by IAH(f): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2005
If you like, spit till tomorrow. You will use your mouth to lick your spit right back from the ground. angry I don't see how constructive criticism like "She needs to look good" will pull her down. And I don't see how your surname sounds like "Okonjo-Iweala"!!!

Forgot to add...don't generalise by saying "Women". Not all the ladies on this forum said she doesn't look good. Spit at me directly and not at all women!!!
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Yewande(f): 5:25pm On Aug 12, 2005
Seun <snip> please take a chill pill before you have a stroke. shocked
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by dablessed(f): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2005
Yewande, welcome to Nairaland.

But you get razor-mouth sha o! Haba, you only registered today and already you don dey throway abuse.

Anyway, i'm sure you'll enjoy the forum.

Welcome again
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by obong(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2005
I think you underestimate the women of nigeria, seun. Give them a good canidate like this woman and they will vote for her
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by bioye(m): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2005
@Seun, if I was the moderator, I sure would have deleted your post fast!

IAH, she looks good in the pix Seun posted, why do you have to go dig the worst pix in the world to prove your point.

Anyways, let's ditch the flame wars and do good justice to the works of this fine lady..
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Seun(m): 1:07am On Aug 13, 2005
Bioye, you're just trying to provoke me - the same green eyed monster at work! Unfortunately, I cannot reply you properly because personal attacks are no longer allowed on the forum!

IAH, I can spit at women but I can't spit directly at you because personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. I admit that daBlessed is not one of the women that's talking rubbish but I know she understands that she's the exception. There are exceptions to every rule and inasmuch as I stand by my statement that Nigerian women in general are petty, unambitious, and unsupportive towards their own, I must admit that there are exceptions.

You wonder why I'm saying all this? Because I love women and I want them to change and make progress. Nigerian women as a group are their own worst enemies and I want them to wake up and stop hating and trying to pulling back the few stars in their midst!
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by WesleyanA(f): 4:05am On Aug 13, 2005
she graduated w/ honors from harvard then she went to MIT? now that's what i called an accomplished leader!
:wish i was her daughter: hehe. she'll make a good president.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by pintos(m): 9:19am On Aug 13, 2005
All rise and let us give 3 GBOSAS to Aunty Ngozi.
[glow=red,2,300]GBOSA! GBOSA! GBOSA![/glow]
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala na you Biko.
Woman of substance!
Fine Mama.
I remove my cap for you.
Make you no mind the yeye talk of enemies.
Abi na potato face we go chop?
Shebi you  get daughter?
Na me Pintos of Nairaland,
By the grace of God, an Eligible bachelor by nature.
I throway  salute..........Ele Ma.
I see campaign Bobo Seun dey make .
Na play boy him be.........you can't trust your daughter- Amaka with am.
Make you no mind him honey coated tongue.
Trust me , i no go let yur daughter down for all the good work you dey do for nigeria.
Even sef if you get Sons sef..........potential daughters out -law dey here for nairaland.
Check out their profiles...........a trial will confuse you.
[glow=red,2,300]GBOSA! GBOSA! GBOSA[/glow]!
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by IAH(f): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2005
Seun, in response to your GENERAL ATTACK on Nigerian women of virtue and valour....
Nigerian men in general are haughty, wicked, egoistic, rude, dumb and backward. I must admit that there are exceptions. angry  angry
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Justmoi(f): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2005
If Dr. Iweala were a Hollywood figure and depending on her looks, then I guess it would become relevant, but she's a Public servant and we should only be concerned with the work she is doing.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by hotangel2(f): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2005
Pintos

Trust me , i no go let yur daughter down for all the good work you dey do for nigeria.

which daughter?? Keep dreaming boo.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by eunisam: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2005
Yes Dr Okonjo is a woman of respect. Among all the women in Nigeria, she is the only woman I love so much. She is very intelligent and beautiful and the woman of integrity. I wish she is my mother, sister and even my wife. When ever I see her on NTA I will stop everything I am doing and listen to her.

Fellow Nigerians, let us support this lady in all aspect of life.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Philcool(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2005
I hope nobody is keeping our dear able lady [glow=red,2,300]Dr Dora Akinyuli[/glow] aside O!
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by musawisdom(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2005
well,she has 2 be full of prayer because not all love her, they may intend to see 2 her down fall.
she must be vigillant
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by legs(f): 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2005
shuwepps? seun? why did u generalise comments by women as pettiness and back-biting I'm certain most of the ladies on this forum admitted that Okonjo is really a remarkable woman; and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. They had already admitted that she is doing a great job towards improving our country's financial situation and that she could just extend her hand of improvement to her wardrobe.

For some people her looks may be irrelevant while I guess for some, its simply a case of "the-eye-eating-before-the-mouth" there really was no need to go local (spitting on the floor, I found it a bit amusing though)
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by legs(f): 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2005
@ IAH meanwhile you be fire oh! grin
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by kodewrita(m): 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2005
All i can say about her is this.If she decides to run for president, I will vote for her. period.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by gcruise: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2005
hey seun i strongly support ur views, its good to look good but i think we naijas could be too materialistic(especially the gals cool. and seriously we should think more on the countries make over than anyother. and besides ngozi is a beautiful lady in all manners, and i reckon she should move on too higher political positions where there are more control and responsibilities " we should stop procrastinating" but in due time, but remember she cant do it alone, we all need to be positive and supportive for the success of our dear country
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by khjamal: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2005
Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
hi
hope you are well.
you are great women.
can i ask if you hear in my name,it is very important.
please give me from your time and reply me at my address
thanks
jamal khalil
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by kamakula: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2005
maybe its just me but i see the topic reads Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala. This suggests to me that she is married (a la the Mrs.). If she is good enough for her husband, then she requires no makeover because she has no real reason to impress anyone else physically.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Gaanihu(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2005
This woman is a very good person and we need more people like her.Why can't we give her the chance to be our next President? It is true that she is a woman but good women should be given the chance to rule.She is a very strong and intelligent lady and she will surely end corruption in Nigeria if given the support and chance to rule . Dr Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is the person we need if we are really serious of moving foward.God bless this beautiful African Queen.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by whiteshark(m): 1:02am On Sep 25, 2005
Fine personality, excellent lady. She would definitely go far. See Thisday Newspaper for Saturday September 24th.
Re: Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala by Scorpio(f): 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2005
Talkin about this lady, i read an article on DOSE about her son Micheal. the review was very good, it was about a book he wrote. big up's to the family.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola & Mega Corruption The True Face Of Lagos (part 1) / Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria? / Unity And Integration Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.