Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,109 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 09:55 AM

Crime In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crime In Nigeria (819 Views)

Christianity Has Become A Crime In Kaduna As El-rufai Wages New War On Churches / Is This Racism Or Hate Crime In The Church? / Should Polygamy Be Made A Crime In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crime In Nigeria by Freezle(m): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2012
I wouldn't be too surprised if at Gods judgment day, God sets out a different criteria or yardstick for judging the Nigerian masses. What should be a sin in another country may not be counted as sin in Nigeria. This is because naturally,crime is fostered in places where there are hardships. People naturally will do anything to make them survive, because the 1st law of most living things is self survival. Many nigerians who are thieves and robbers would not have towed that line if the govt had done their jobs and provided basic things like jobs, many people resort to crime mainly as a last resort. With our governments stifling policies, it takes a young man with self control not to go into crime, because in Nigeria it is easier to die and harder to live. Imagine the worrisome scenario playing out in most states where the govt is banning okada,which is the only means of survival the hapless masses use in fighting the temptation of going into crime.The govt is taking away their genuine source of livelihood without replacing it with a better one.Tell me why wouldn't crime increase?And later the devil will be blamed.I have said it times without number that the devil doesn't cause most of the things we accuse him of, we cause them ourselves and blame him later.Since it is easier to comit a crime in naija than in most developed world, due to the hardship forced on us by the govt, then Nigerians maybe judged quite differently since the conditions they found themselves wasn't of their own making, and many of them may have behaved differently if they had found themselves in other climes. Their only fault was that they were born as Nigerians
Re: Crime In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2012
NO MARTER WERE YOU SE YOU'RE SELF OR WHAT GOVT, DID NOT DO FOR US WE HAVE TO KEEP PRAYING ONE DAY JUST ONE DAY SOME THING WILL HAPPEN IN THIS NIGERIAN IF WE CAN STOP FROM OUR OWN SIN'S . TELL ME A DAY CHILD WHY DID DAY TALK HIM OUT FOR ? AND WE SAY OUR GOVT IS NOT GOOD WHAT OF US ARE WE THE GOOD ONE'S ? IF YOU WANT NIG TO BE GOOD STOP YOUR SIN'S, ME AND EVERY BODY THINGS WILL BE GOOD FOR US . AS OF TODAY NIG IS BLESS WITH SO MANY THINGS AND YOU SAY NIG IS NOT GOOD, NO IS WRONG, WE ARE NOT GOOD .
Re: Crime In Nigeria by seyibrown(f): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2012
The Judge of the earth will do right by each and every one of us. He sees our hearts. He will judge us all rightly.
Re: Crime In Nigeria by Freezle(m): 4:25pm On Feb 02, 2013
seyibrown: The Judge of the earth will do right by each and every one of us. He sees our hearts. He will judge us all rightly.

i totally agree with you...

(1) (Reply)

How Mistress Allegedly Drugged, Robbed 80-yr-old Pastor / Deeper Life Pastor Defiles 2 Under-aged Girls / "I Was A Christian For 25 Years."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.