Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

Is Favoritism Corruption? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Favoritism Corruption? (2237 Views)

Infertility In The Labor Room Unionism With Favoritism / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Business Slows Down For Charter Airlines (Punch) / OTUOKE Man::politics Of Favoritism & Nepotism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Favoritism Corruption? by JLANCE(m): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2012
I was in a house this evening with Mr.A, Mrs.B and Mr.J below was their discussion
(mrs.B washing)
Mr.J:- wow you guys use a lot of water here
Mrs.B: yeah we usually get water from the water board 2 times a week
Mr.J: that is good not like in my place o, they ..(Mrs.B cuts in)
Mrs.B: we usually get it 3 times in a week sometimes. There is this guy in the neighborhood that works there. When he is in charge we usually get more than the normal supply for the week
Mr.J:Do you guys pay him like uhm... extra cash
Mrs.B:No o we dont know the guy sef
Mr.J: But that doesnt sound right why should he be doing that
(mr.A coming from the room and having already heard a good part of the discussion)
Mr.A: That is CORRUPTION
Mrs.B: No it cant be corruption we dont know him and we dont give him anything
Mr.J: I dont think it is corruption, because i dont consider favoritism as corruption. (they went on arguing and didnt finally agree)
NLANDERS WHAT IS YOUR SAY ON THIS. I SEE THIS AS CORRUPTION.
Re: Is Favoritism Corruption? by Adonija: 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2012
Favourism is not a corruption becos even when God favours a man,some natural rules and ways of doing things will be bent.

1 Like

Re: Is Favoritism Corruption? by azpekuliar: 10:11pm On Dec 18, 2012
The following are 8 types of corrupt acts; embezzelment, forgery, nepotism, bribery, favouritism, extortion, cronysism and patronage.

So to put it simply without being equivocal , favouritism is corruption!

1 Like

Re: Is Favoritism Corruption? by JLANCE(m): 5:54am On Dec 19, 2012
Adonija: Favourism is not a corruption becos even when God favours a man,some natural rules and ways of doing things will be bent.
so in that case above you dont see it as corruption?

(1) (Reply)

Majority Speaker Of The Rivers State House of Assembly Wanted By Police. / Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela / Nigeria Missing In Top 60 Countries In English Proficiency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.