Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,852 members, 7,876,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:20 PM

Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast (69763 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 1:59am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

sisi i know, but u kinda understand what i mean no? Liberia is like very close, next door, so it's understandable, but the others are kinda far...
si si i see what you want to say, en plus i see their tadition music(kru, grebo, krahn and bassa on youtube) it's look like ivorian music (i think they are most influenced by our music style)
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 30, 2012
yea for the krhan omg, if u dun tell me it aint civ i wont know
never listen to bassa music before, but i ve seen a few comments from kmer sayin the song of nazou lou suzanne looks like one etnic group type of music there, but i forgot to check it out for myself

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 30, 2012
lmaooooooooooooz u know what? they say the ticket for the kora awards is like 1m de fran shocked
loolz i wonder who will go, that room will be empty, can u imagine
or maybe it's too limit the pple goin to rich folks lool

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy: yea for the krhan omg, if u dun tell me it aint civ i wont know
never listen to bassa music before, but i ve seen a few comments from kmer sayin the song of nazou lou suzanne looks like one etnic group type of music there, but i forgot to check it out for myself
yes some liberian krahn singer use french in their song or bhete( i listen a krahn song, and when the singer say "a nou pehpeh a youo dja oooh", i say wow because in bhete it means allons doucement les enfants"wink i think it's some of them live in civ during the war in lib
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: yes some liberian krahn singer use french in their song or bhete( i listen a krahn song, and when the singer say "a nou pehpeh a youo dja oooh", i say wow because in bhete it means allons doucement les enfants"wink i think it's some of them live in civ during the war in lib

yea true, but many of the were in the danane area, which is dan speakin, so how come they speak bhete in the song? or is Dan kinda close to bhete as well?

are the south made more related to the kru or norther mande?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy: lmaooooooooooooz u know what? they say the ticket for the kora awards is like 1m de fran shocked
loolz i wonder who will go, that room will be empty, can u imagine
or maybe it's too limit the pple goin to rich folks lool
yes oooh, i know my dear, 1m franc!!!! nobody will go, sinon il vont pas mangé demain wink wink wink wink
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

yea true, but many of the were in the danane area, which is dan speakin, so how come they speak bhete in the song? or is Dan kinda close to bhete as well?

yes but some of them lived in soubré, san pedro like "prince liberian" and "Witson p karr", sinon dan are not close to bhete at all, you should listen bassa music it's nice, and their kru and grebo music is not diff of bolo super of ivorian krumen for some of them
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:18am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: yes oooh, i know my dear, 1m franc!!!! nobody will go, sinon il vont pas mangé demain wink wink wink wink
lool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

culturally they are related to kru especially the wê and dan, and gban/gagou and gouro to bete, and some oumé gagou can speak fluently bhete because their are influence by them, but our languages are diff
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: yes but some of them lived in soubré, san pedro like "prince liberian" and "Witson p karr", sinon dan are not close to bhete at all, you should listen bassa music it's nice, and their kru and grebo music is not diff of bolo super of ivorian krumen for some of them

aa ok i will

what are the similarities between south and north mande, for me south mande especially the gouro are really close to kru culture. I even have difficulties to tell if a song is gouro or bhete for example.

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:24am On Dec 30, 2012
hello ekt smiley smiley
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: culturally they are related to kru especially the wê and dan, and gban/gagou and gouro to bete, and some oumé gagou can speak fluently bhete because their are influence by them, but our languages are diff

but the dan are considered south mande as well

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 30, 2012
the south mande are: gouro, dan, gban... these are the 3 i know of grin

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

aa ok i will

what are the similarities between south and north mande, for me south mande especially the gouro are really close to kru culture. I even have difficulties to tell if a song is gouro or bhete for example.
s we have in commen with them (the danse, the mask, etc...) and bete of ouragahio and gouro of sinfra have a lot in common (pour la petite histoire mes vrai ancetre coté dad son gouro but ils ont été acceuilli par les bété, long story affaire de mariage) , even can't tell if a song is gouro or bhete sometimes same for the kouya of vavoua, mais bon on dit kil sont mandé oooh
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

but the dan are considered south mande as well
yes but they are most close to wê than bhété( traditional, attire, mask etc...)
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy: the south mande are: gouro, dan, gban... these are the 3 i know of grin
loool me too, but the wan are south mande or not?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: s we have in commen with them (the danse, the mask, etc...) and bete of ouragahio and gouro of sinfra have a lot in common (pour la petite histoire mes vrai ancetre coté dad son gouro but ils ont été acceuilli par les bété, long story affaire de mariage) , even can't tell if a song is gouro or bhete sometimes same for the kouya of vavoua, mais bon on dit kil sont mandé oooh

aaaah ok, moi je pense les guro sont kru deh, cuz seriously they have too much in common with the krus, dunno what ethnologs classified them as mande, but it's surely not true... the gouro are among the most ancient, but in the same times they have mixed so much with other ethnic group

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:39am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: loool me too, but the wan are south mande or not?

ahaha r u askin me? grin
abeg i dunno oo umh

oooh wait, the wan are a mix of koyaka and gouro, so maybe they r south mande
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 30, 2012
@ SYB check this video, it's kouya languages no diff with bhete, i understand all et pourtant i'm not kouya grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMeXnKTonzo
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 30, 2012
so it's safe to say south mande are closer to krus than mandinka people
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

aaaah ok, moi je pense les guro sont kru deh, cuz seriously they have too much in common with the krus, dunno what ethnologs classified them as mande, but it's surely not true... the gouro are among the most ancient, but in the same times they have mixed so much with other ethnic group
totally agree with u
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: @ SYB check this video, it's kouya languages no diff with bhete, i understand all et pourtant i'm not kouya grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMeXnKTonzo

ahahah meaning colonization has done a good job at dividing grin
if we even look closer we may have fewer ethnic group that what it is supposed to be

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

ahaha r u askin me? grin
abeg i dunno oo umh

oooh wait, the wan are a mix of koyaka and gouro, so maybe they r south mande
aaah ok, on est mélangé ooh en civ
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: totally agree with u

Yup ethnicities created from gouro mixes

kouya :Bhete-Gouro
Yaoure:Baoule-Gouro
Wan :Koyaka-Gouro
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: aaah ok, on est mélangé ooh en civ

yea i guess we are really mixed up, and even now it's not too common to see somebody that does not have at least 2 ethnic group in him

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

Yup ethnicities created from gouro mixes

kouya :Bhete-Gouro
Yaoure:Baoule-Gouro
Wan :Koyaka-Gouro
looool guro are everywhere (mtn) grin
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

yea i guess we are really mixed up, and even now it's not too common to see somebody that does not have at least 2 ethnic group in him
and especially for kid who born in abidjan and others big cities of civ
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: looool guro are everywhere (mtn) grin

ahaha eh comment! what i have noticed as well, there are many mix between fula-gouro, and fula-guere
maybe i am wrong, but I know un bon nombre de personne from these mixes

U ll see a Diallo, u ll think he is Fula, but only his paternal grandfather is, like 75% guere and 25% fula (i know a case like that)
i think this is due to all the inter-ethnic alliances

Gouro and Dan along with the senoufo (i think not 100% sure) have alliances with the Fula

1 Like

Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 30, 2012
babi225: and especially for kid who born in abidjan and others big cities of civ
yea i am tellin u, i told u am attie and baoule but if u go a bit far to great grandparents .... grin no comment loool
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:

ahaha eh comment! what i have noticed as well, there are many mix between fula-gouro, and fula-guere
maybe i am wrong, but I know un bon nombre de personne from these mixes

U ll see a Diallo, u ll think he is Fula, but only his paternal grandfather is, like 75% guere and 25% fula (i know a case like that)
i think this is due to all the alliances

Gouro and Dan along with the senoufo (i think not 100% sure) have alliances with the Fula
yes i heard that, but c'est bizarre because there are not fula ethnic group in civ like agni appolo, attié, bete etc.... or maybe i'm wrong?
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:06am On Dec 30, 2012
Sysy:
yea i am tellin u, i told u am attie and baoule but if u go a bit far to great grandparents .... grin no comment loool
LOOOL syb sort tt les dossiers wink wink wink wink
Re: Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast by Nobody: 3:07am On Dec 30, 2012
kora award reporté a demain a cause de ckris brown grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / BBC's Documentary On The 'Bronze Cast Head Of The Ife King' / Which Is The Easiest Nigerian Language To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.