Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,894 members, 7,942,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 03:24 AM

FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... (6877 Views)

APC To Conduct Fresh Primary In Kogi / Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / APC, Security Agents Scheme To Conduct Rivers Election Under Buhari's Govt– Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by hardbody: 11:10am On Dec 20, 2012
Agbgift:

Bros, I wonder which planet u for show. Common national population census, as nt be able to giver d aqurate numbers of nigerians citizens in dis country or feed for its citizens, na job census wan work?...In dis country, d rich keep getting richer, while d poor go poor d more. All dis committee of sleeping and standing na dem dem be d memebers, avenue to keep choping money. God help us sha. Make d world jst end make everybody cari load go met baba God.

Babes na so the life tire you reach? There is still hope sha, take it easy, LOL.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by exbash: 11:15am On Dec 20, 2012
"Washma" said it....My broda na Wash washma dey wash
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by rozayx5(m): 11:20am On Dec 20, 2012
Wsdm: What really qualifies one as unemployed? Because most jobs in Nigeria is really not worthy of making one employed. Let us have electricity and access to soft loan and see what Nigeria will become in a very shortwhile.

Keep dreaming, it took me sometime before i got my first Gen grin
My advise is use whatever resources available to you to start something and just forget about this rubbish we have called Nigeria, if you want to wait for the above , well till thy kingdom Come , keep waiting grin
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by rozayx5(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2012
No Qualms:

Not everyone is cut out to be an entrepreneur. If everyone create jobs, who will they employ? Who will be left to buy their goods and services?

The government should create employment, this scheme will not work IMO. We have a lot of dead governmental companies in Nigeria like that steel mill company (I've forgotten it's name). If they can resurrect such companies and build new ones, employment rate in the country will reduce. The govenment knows what to do, they are just not doing it.

I really wish corruption can be eliminated in this country, I sincerely wish so.

very bad mentality cry
you know that cannot happen, it all starts with you, there are thousands of unemployed Graduates out there, kicking the dusts searching for jobs and your busy reasoning like, this.
Just do what you can.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by NoQualms1(f): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2012
rozayx5:

very bad mentality cry
you know that cannot happen, it all starts with you, there are thousands of unemployed Graduates out there, kicking the dusts searching for jobs and your busy reasoning like, this.
Just do what you can.

What's wrong with my mentality? Who told you corruption cannot be eliminated? Did I go to school to start selling popcorn under my papa's corridor?
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Originakalokalo(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2012
80 million.case close,no need for census.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by mkoabiola: 11:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Lol
Dey want to proof to nja,dat dere av office in charge of job.
Y didn't dy conduct for corrupt leaders n gvt officials.
Anoda billions for censors.
Ds govt is sweet oo.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Mexyz(m): 11:59am On Dec 20, 2012
99% of those graduatn evry year tie their destiny to degree,govt nd d blue chip firms. They don't want to create jobs,they think their misfortune was creatd by govt. They neva see anytn gud in naija or her govt. 45% of them are members of NL.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by phillipsadeojo(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
slap1: The standing committee will get tired of standing, and then a sitting committee will be set up to investigate why the standing committee couldn't stand for long. Motion without movement. #nonsense

Lol...very funny. No head way becos pple ar stil graduating. Even married pple
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Emmy9ite(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
rozayx5:

the most reasonable post i have read on NL for sometime now smiley
They are all rushing to get degrees i wonder who they want to create jobs for them, when they graduate grin grin grin

after 4-6 years, suffering you come out to suffer again cry
its time our youths started dropping this rat race mentality and using their skills and brains to create jobs for themselves.
The last time i checked Mark Zukerburg was a drop out who used his talents and is now employing Degree holders who need a career and a salary undecided

When ever i meet many young bubbling guys, i gist with them especially corpers funny enough 99% of corpers i have met have zero Entrepreneurial skills cry
this country is doomed if we all keep depending on degrees and Government to feed us.

spot on my Brother. Nigerians really need a change of mindset. Nigerians are the most hardworking people, yet the system is not working. We should learn to work smart by being creative. We depend so much on the government and its too bad!
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Stevez32(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2012
Its A Welcome Development... Accountability, Credibility And Prudence Should Be The Committee's Watchword!
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by delors(m): 12:54pm On Dec 20, 2012
alabiyemmy: So it is wrong to have a census of people without jobs in Nigeria? sometimes I wonder which kind of people make comments on NairaLand.

Every country has statistics on different sectors and having one on employment/unemployment is not a bad idea.

Objectivity is gone to the winds in the mind of people.

Noone ever says why it is a bad idea but some ill conceived comments with no logical proof.

It is not wrong bros to have a record of unemployed, but it is not by countin them. A country obtains such a huge statistics when general census is done and then use it to project and plan for the next couple of years pending the time another census is organised.
Do u know how many unemployed are in Nigeria? Do u know how much this will cost in terms of funds and other resources? This is creaing jobs for th already employed and the elites at the expense of the unemployed. It is not sound.
Soon, there will be a different s=census fot the employed...the another one for the underemployed etc. It is not a sound scheme.

1 Like

Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by johndavid1(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2012
even some employed people go follow come out ooo just because of anya ukwu (big eye shocked shocked shocked ) na wa oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by ujukala: 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2012
A good beginning.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Emmy9ite(m): 1:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
rozayx5:

very bad mentality cry
Just do what you can.
You stole the words outta me bro. They are always saying 'not everyone can be an entrepreneur' but no one wants to be the entrepreneur. 95% of graduates have the 'job mentality', just 5% have the entrepreneurial mindset. They should be a balance in the proportion and Nigeria will move forward.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by LeJeun3: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2012
They are Mad!
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2012
Mexyz: 99% of those graduatn evry year tie their destiny to degree,govt nd d blue chip firms. They don't want to create jobs,they think their misfortune was creatd by govt. They neva see anytn gud in naija or her govt. 45% of them are members of NL.
you are correct
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by vocalprince(m): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2012
slap1: The standing committee will get tired of standing, and then a sitting committee will be set up to investigate why the standing committee couldn't stand for long. Motion without movement. #nonsense
you are very well on point here. Please dont 4get kneeling committee that will investigate why the siting committee broke their chairs. Foolish fisher man of a president! Jst another avenue to share our money to his cohorts.
Re: FG To Conduct Census Of Jobless Nigerians In 2013... by Curiouscity(m): 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
alabiyemmy: So it is wrong to have a census of people without jobs in Nigeria? sometimes I wonder which kind of people make comments on NairaLand.

Every country has statistics on different sectors and having one on employment/unemployment is not a bad idea.

Objectivity is gone to the winds in the mind of people.

Noone ever says why it is a bad idea but some ill conceived comments with no logical proof.

Do the other countries you are talking about do census to have the record or they have accurate database? How do U have a proper database when there in NO accurate population census figure? Must we set up a committee be set for everything? Why can't they ask institutions to keep appropriate records from where they can get desire data rather waste time and money? OK, they want to give contract to their cronies. Yes, other countries have accurate data about their citizens but not by setting up committees everywhere!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Invest N1.6trn In Railway / The Nairaland Assembly / Military Seige On Tinubu's Residence : Throwback Feb. 10, 2015.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.