Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,671 members, 7,930,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 03:21 PM

I Was Saved By Fate –maku,we Almost Travelled In Crashed Copter’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Saved By Fate –maku,we Almost Travelled In Crashed Copter’ (498 Views)

Labaran Maku Hits Back At David Mark, Ahmadu Ali Through A Press Statement / 'Maku Has Betrayed Jonathan, PDP' – David Mark / Agagu's Body, Immediate Family Members In Crashed Associated Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Was Saved By Fate –maku,we Almost Travelled In Crashed Copter’ by ikaboy: 5:18am On Dec 20, 2012
Maku recalled how he narrowly escaped being on the ill-fated helicopter with Yakowa and Aziza.

The minister said that he; a former Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Mr. Timi Alaibe; and an aide of the Vice-President, Mr. Umar Sani, were initially billed to travel on the same helicopter alongside Yakowa and Azazi.

He said, “When we met in Bayelsa, it was a twist of fate that we did not board the same helicopter because on that day, the Special Adviser to the Vice President, Sani Umar; myself and (a former Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission) Timi Alaibe, were supposed to travel together with the two of them (Yakowa and Azazi) back to Port Harcourt.

He said, “Somehow, just before we could take off from the funeral arena, Sani backed out and decided to travel alone. I stood up and was going together with them (Yakowa and Azazi) but by some involuntary actions, I returned to my seat.

“I said I would wait for a moment. That was simply the twist of fate that kept us alive, we must give glory to God.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-almost-travelled-in-crashed-copter/

[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I Was Saved By Fate –maku,we Almost Travelled In Crashed Copter’ by ikaboy: 5:24am On Dec 20, 2012
i am sure he forgot another special adviser in the person of Timi Dakolo was supposed to travel with them also(Msheeeew)
Re: I Was Saved By Fate –maku,we Almost Travelled In Crashed Copter’ by k2039: 5:25am On Dec 20, 2012
ikaboy: i am sure he forgot another special adviser in the person of Timi Dakolo was supposed to travel with them also(Msheeeew)

i am sure he forgot another special adviser in the person of Timi Dakolo was supposed to travel with them also

Lol.
Was about writing this too, just wondering, first it was Timi Dakolo and now the others have joined the bandwagon. I'm sure their motive is either to generate publicity or prove that they were holier than the others. But for those who truly missed the ill fated crash, it goes a long way to reflect Eccl 9:11-12.
11 I took another walk around the
neighborhood and realized that on this earth as it is—
The race is not always to the swift, Nor the battle to the strong,
Nor satisfaction to the wise,
Nor riches to the smart,
Nor grace to the learned.
Sooner or later bad luck hits us all. 12 No one can predict misfortune.
Like fish caught in a cruel net or birds in a trap,
So men and women are caught
By accidents evil and sudden.
Wisdom Is Better than Muscle.

(1) (Reply)

Put Down What U Wish Our Leaders(prayers) In 2013 Here / Fashola Signs N499.105bn 2013budget Into Law / Abia Govt. To Pursue The Reopening Of Golden Guinea With Vigor In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.