Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,399 members, 7,932,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:45 AM

How Much Can I Charge? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Can I Charge? (756 Views)

Please How Much Can I Charge To Build A Church Database? / How Much Should I Charge For This Website? / How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Can I Charge? by A2J(m): 12:19am On Feb 19, 2008
a department in a church just gimme a this job to design a website of about 4-5 pages without any special scripting or anything and i believe it will be plain html thing.

But as this is my first ever job, am confused on how much to charge them, can anyone help me on an estimation of what i can charge them as i dont want to over-charge them to lose the job nor do i want to under-charge them.

Need your help nairalanders pls,

Thanks
Re: How Much Can I Charge? by jeshurun07: 7:27am On Feb 19, 2008
i know how u feel. i have been there

this is what you should.

since it's a simple job and it's your first job and ost especially it's a church job.

charge them low. because

1) once u do a good job, they would recommend you to others

2) the amount u get is secondary for now, u need a portfolio and nothing boosts your image faster thana well-designed and affordable website

lastly, i didn't specify a certain amount because u are the only person who knows all the details but the main thing for u now is a portfolio.

hope i have been able to help grin grin
Re: How Much Can I Charge? by emonkey(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2008
I have also been there before many times. I say charge them as much as you can, and as much as they can afford to pay (and also do a great job for your porfolio) or charge them NOTHING. This way you get RESPECT.
Do a GREAT job nevertheless.
NEVER sell yourself cheap. If you want to, you can put what they paid in the offering later, but charge them first.
Re: How Much Can I Charge? by A2J(m): 4:41am On Feb 22, 2008
Thanks guys for the comments though was expecting much comment.

I will keep to your advice and try my best to do a great job for them.

(1) (Reply)

Affiliate Money Machine / Critics Wanted / How Can I Get Php Software And Mysql.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.