Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,428 members, 7,917,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 12:17 AM

Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener (15814 Views)

President Buhari Sacks The Federation Accountant Gener / I'll Meet With Other Generals To Solve Insurgency- Buhari / Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Chongaiman: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
lain: Wat is their promotion based on... Is it on tacklin b.haram, or militancy, or kidnapin or their ineptitudeness to secure the ogonis.. COWARDS

Judging from the level of ignorance (and bellicosity) expressed above, would it be surprising if a typical soldier in exasperation calls your type a 'BLOODY CIVILIAN'?

Meanwhile about 40 generals have been retired too - Different strokes. .
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by aurenflani: 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
Akpan107: Thank God i'm not the first person to bring sentiment into the Nigerian Military. The Islamic Organization of Nigeria started it after two prominents Soldiers (Muslims) were sacked in Kaduna State last Month. God will surely defeat you people and every Boko Haramist soldiers in the North in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen! You guys are losing...

What is wrong with akpan? If you truely love Jesus please let peace reign. Remember in whose honour December is being celebrated!
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
To God be the glory
I said that GEJ was the man sent to Nigeria to correct a lot of ills
God bless him and his entire lineage forever Amen.
If the only reason Good luck came into the presidency was to reverse the known magomago where southern officers were bypassed for promotion to favour their less qualified Hausa/ fulani counterparts,I say God bless him and keep him for 8 solid years.
Who knew that a southerner and an Igbo man for that matter could lead the military again

Thanks to Goodluck
GEJ meka meka o as Ikwerre people would say.

I now await the creation of another state in the SE so that all the regions have equal representation.
He should also change the policy whereby Hausa officers will pass qualifying exams with 28% whereas their southern counterparts need 60% to pass the same exams.
We are tired of being controlled by our inferior
s.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by dederocs(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
big mo:
Bolo, when Azazi was stealing arms and ammunitions from the Nigerian army and selling to Niger delta millitants, were u asleep?
Stop spreading fake rumours before they pick u up @ big mo
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Since the overthrow of General Gowon in 1975, there have been 16 Chiefs of Army Staff. All but 3 of these 16 have been northerners. The three southerners to hold the post (Lt-General Alani Akinrinade(yoruba), General Alexander Ogomudia(uhrobo) and General Andrew Owoye Azazi)(ijaw) were all appointed by Obasanjo.]

Then comes Jonathan Goodlluck cool
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by juman(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
^^^^
Since the overthrow of General Gowon in 1975, there have been 16 Chiefs of Army Staff. All but 3 of these 16 have been northerners. The three southerners to hold the post (Lt-General Alani Akinrinade(yoruba), General Alexander Ogomudia(uhrobo) and General Andrew Owoye Azazi)(ijaw) were all appointed by Obasanjo.

This was one of biggest achievements of OBJ.
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by elbinmanny(m): 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2012
Congrats my man J.S MALU from col- Brig Gen, younger Brother to MAJ Gen Victor Malu of the Abacha regime!
But the man na one down to earth , but crazy dude!I like him wella
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by Faculty14(m): 7:54am On Dec 22, 2012
The dnt dserve ani of dz promotion sadThe dnt dserve ani of dz promotion
Re: Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener by hercules07: 10:57am On Dec 22, 2012
dederocs:
Stop spreading fake rumours before they pick u up @ big mo

I believe that was why he was removed by Obasanjo, also, getting from Colonel to Flag Staff is purely politics in Nigeria, you must lick someone's behind before you get there. There are some deserving people in the list obviously but you must press button very very well, it is the nature of flag staff appointment.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Bars Sheriff As PDP Chairman, Orders Recognition Of Markarfi As Caretaker / Senator Akpabio: I Didn’t Say I Regret Making Udom Emmanuel Governor / NAVMC Mass Production Of The ATV (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.