Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,978 members, 7,919,132 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Truth About Fashola's Success - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Fashola's Success (23281 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by pheesayor(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2012
ballabriggs:

They have many federal roads in Lagos they are taking care of. Is there an unlimited pool of resources? Should he kill himself? Should he takeover a road wey Jona dey use chop N5 trillion? Do Jona and Ngozi really want that road completed? That is a cow for the selfish Jona and his PDP gang which they milk regularly. He has been told it has been awarded, wetin make e do again?

Make e carry KAI go pursue contractor for the road come start in own work?

I live in festac, an abandoned federal Estate. some roads meant to fixed by the federal housing Authority are being fixed by the local government with funds meant for other things/areas
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by anulaxad(m): 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2012
pheesayor:

I live in festac, an abandoned federal Estate. some roads meant to fixed by the federal housing Authority are being fixed by the local government with funds meant for other things/areas
you live festac my uncle lives there do you know mr.adenuga not (mike adeunuga cheesy)
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by talktimi(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2012
pheesayor: I was in akwaibom for a Conference in July and the deputy governor was there baosting that there's no single lot hole in the whole of Uyo, I told someone that 'take the population of Lagos, human and vehicular to akwaibom and watch those infrastructures crumble in a few months'. I've said that here before.

Never ever compare Lagos with akwaibom, except you take the population into consideration.
. Point taken but you seem not to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not comparing the state of roads btw the two states, I said Akpabio is also a performer compared with Victor Attah the former governor who performed miserably in Akwa Ibom. So Akpabio should be on the same par with Fashola if not higher because of the humongous task he met and the fact that he had to practically build the state capital for example from scratch but you've made your point. Thank you
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by sshalom(m): 12:48pm On Dec 26, 2012
This is a heated and well debated thread I must admit. For anyone who cares to know; Fashola has done more in terms of health care than most. I had a first hand experience of his determination to improve that sector when my wife had our second child at the ISOLO General Hospital. At the time of her delivery, the new hospital was being finished. By the time I drove her there after two months, the massive edifice was ready and fully equipped.

I was taken aback by the quality of the work, facilities and the sheer magnitude of equipments on display. I was forced to ask a senior nurse who works there to confirm whether the Governor actually started the project or if it dated back to days of former Governor Bola Tinubu and she confirmed that it was Fashola that started and completed it.

One could also go to Gbagada, Surulere and Ayinke House to see major projects in this regards.

Now the question that should bother all of us is: Has he done enough to justify the resources at his disposal? While the jury is out on this, my take is that he is doing his best. We should however not shy away from raising questions on the performances or otherwise of our leaders. This is the only way we can keep them on their toes!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by talktimi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2012
anulaxad:

who is this angry angry angry angry what an insult who do you think you are angry angry angry angry look don't let me curse you. jonathan is more than a corrupt bast ard a fockhead a suckmysillmothercoker he is heartless who do you think you are what disrespect are the roads you drive on paved in fact do you even walk on pavements or in nigeria as the are called side walk do you no because they don't exist. Nigeria is a rich jungle that wants to help its people but the leaders are not only enriching the rich there killing the poor and this heartless cun.t badluck places subsidies on oil prices when things were not already bad enough. you want evidence have you seen the news headline 5 trillion stole under jonathan have you seen the removal of the subsidies have you seen the Niger delta where the people live in the gutter the place where that bast ard is from his own people from his own state his own village are suffering.

you are evil and heartless so what if your little useless company got contracts is that going to help everyone you really have put in and angry mood >:
let me stop before I insult you.
grin I'm in a quagmire here as I don't know whether to keep silent or join you in your gutter. But you're very funny sha, its obvious you were not properly brought up by your parents hence your lack of respect for elders and those in authority its also obvious that your educational foundation is very poor hence your bad placement of words and malapropism making it slightly difficult to understand your rantings. I can't tell you not to insult me as its entirely up to you to do what you will I only asked that you show some modicum of respect for those in authority.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by thelastPope(m): 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
pheesayor: I was in akwaibom for a Conference in July and the deputy governor was there baosting that there's no single lot hole in the whole of Uyo, I told someone that 'take the population of Lagos, human and vehicular to akwaibom and watch those infrastructures crumble in a few months'. I've said that here before.

Never ever compare Lagos with akwaibom, except you take the population into consideration.

Does Uyo generate the IGR that Lagos generates? Some of you keep putting out this funny population argument. The population is as much an advantage as it could be a disadvantage. Fashola is using the advantage with fat IGR every month, so the excuse of population is not tenable! The average of 30 billion monthly IGR is enough to build a new city. That is over 2 trillion in 6 years! That is exclusive of FG allocation.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2012
talktimi: . Point taken but you seem not to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not comparing the state of roads btw the two states, I said Akpabio is also a performer compared with Victor Attah the former governor who performed miserably in Akwa Ibom. So Akpabio should be on the same par with Fashola if not higher because of the humongous task he met and the fact that he had to practically build the state capital for example from scratch but you've made your point. Thank you
Akpabio transformed the state Capital of UYO....Fashola is transforming the whole state of Lagos. And i hope you're aware that you can't compare the amount of work he has to do to the work available in any state.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by horlatunde(m): 2:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dis is surely 4rm anoda foolish PDP apologist... If u claim fashola did not build a single road in his tenure in lagos, u are so blind to see d green revolution in some part of lagos. U futher mention private companies doing every thing. Have u ever heard of PPP b4. Wen LASU was 25k it was full of all agency of Cult groups, infact Lasu became the hub 4 Cult groups bt since d fee was increase wen last did u hear Negative News abt Lasu? U equally talk abt hospitals, well u can be living at Ogijo nt far 4rm ikorudu or Agbara and claim to live in Lagos. Cos am sure u re nt a Lagosian, so if u re tired of lagos, sell ur house and Move elsewhere. .
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by horlatunde(m): 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
thelastPope:

Does Uyo generate the IGR that Lagos generates? Some of you keep putting out this funny population argument. The population is as much an advantage as it could be a disadvantage. Fashola is using the advantage with fat IGR every month, so the excuse of population is not tenable! The average of 30 billion monthly IGR is enough to build a new city. That is over 2 trillion in 6 years! That is exclusive of FG allocation.
. Why nt Give kudos to d Man 4 generating dat much. Is kano nt more populous dan Lagos? Is oyo state nt almost d same as Lagos state.? U just memtion d IGR, can u compare d FG allocation with dat of Akwa ibom... U make ur research Akwa iboms F.G allocation is far much dan Lagos IGR plus Allocation if nt *2... Abeg fashola is d Best joor
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Ashmark(m): 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
Fashola has really performed great in Lagos State but let me tell you not in anyway compared to what Akpabio has done in Akwa Ibom...I was fortunate to be their last month..But I thing that I notice is that it's only Uyo dt is dvelopd in Akwa-Ibom nd smal part of Ikot Ekpenne..Bt in terms of good road network,Akwa Ibom is d best..They're oil producin state so dnt really get surprise.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2012
And pls stop comparing Akwa-Ibom to Lagos b'cos they aint in d same League. Ukpabio's effect is highly felt in Uyo which is barely as big as Ikeja. Mean while u forget there are no bush lined express roads in Lagos since its fully developed. Let's say d developed areas in Lagos are for example 400Km sqr, The total area of development in Akwa-Ibom can't be more than 120km sqr. And they collect N40billion while Lagos gets 30billion. Nigerians deserve the Leaders they get, instead of questioning their leaders the poke their eyes in other people's bizness.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 2:50pm On Dec 26, 2012
Ashmark: Fashola has really performed great in Lagos State but let me tell you not in anyway compared to what Akpabio has done in Akwa Ibom...I was fortunate to be their last month..But I thing that I notice is that it's only Uyo dt is dvelopd in Akwa-Ibom nd smal part of Ikot Ekpenne..Bt in terms of good road network,Akwa Ibom is d best..They're oil producin state so dnt really get surprise.
Thank you, Its like Fashola working on only Ikeja and we screamin that he's done a good job. They forget the numerous locations bigger than Uyo all joined together to make up Lagos. Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Lekki, Lagos island,Apapa, Ikeja, Oshodi etc...all as big as or bigger than Uyo and his effect is felt all over those places. Una wan kill d guy?? Even with Tinubu breathing down his neck.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2012
If Lagos receives 2 more Governors like Fashola, Lagos can kiss Nigeria goodbye. Its already ahead nd the rest can only scream, moan and point fingers. I even want this country divided so we can all face our bizness.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by frevangel(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
One would think the ACN apologists would show pictures of development to dispute the points by theLastPope but nay, they do what they have being taught best to do, being vulgar!

I have lived in Benin and Lagos and have being to other states where there is developments but I can categorically say Fashola is a hype!

It is not about being a PDP apologist because Oshiomole, another ACN governor, has been called a performer by everyone!
Like I said earlier, I lived in Benin for many years and also shuffling Lagos. I'm based in Lagos for some years and I'm yet to see what these guys hail Fashola for. The real projects I can commend Fashola for are mostly PPP, funded by the private sector!

Fashola has repeatedly promote anti-masses policies, from education, transportation, health care etc.

I would say Fashola is an average governor, he is not in the class of governors like Akpabio, Duke, the late Yar' Adua, Oshiomole to name a few.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
fr_evangel: One would think the ACN apologists would show pictures of development to dispute the points by theLastPope but nay, they do what they have being taught best to do, being vulgar!

I have lived in Benin and Lagos and have being to other states where there is developments but I can categorically say Fashola is a hype!

It is not about being a PDP apologist because Oshiomole, another ACN governor, has been called a performer by everyone!
Like I said earlier, I lived in Benin for many years and also shuffling Lagos. I'm based in Lagos for some years and I'm yet to see what these guys hail Fashola for. The real projects I can commend Fashola for are mostly PPP, funded by the private sector!

Fashola has repeatedly promote anti-masses policies, from education, transportation, health care etc.

I would say Fashola is an average governor, he is not in the class of governors like Akpabio, Duke, the late Yar' Adua, Oshiomole to name a few.
Let me punch a hole in your logic. Benin is a City, Lagos is a state. Compare Benin to Ikeja as they are both Capitals. Can you see they aint in the same league. Are u all BLIND Aren't you tired of seeing pictures?? @Babapupa kept posting pics on one of these smear threads and you all keep saying you're not seeing pictures. Go and google the pics up if you really keen on seein his acheivements or sit down in Benin and leave Lagos alone.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seunajia: 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
talktimi: first of all you were making good points but I'm surprised at the level of immaturity you decided to delve into, really shocking. In all arguments it is always important to have empirical evidence of all statements made so as not to be called a liar or even sued for libel as the case may be. Besides I have this unshakable belief that if you were one on one with the president now, you would never insult him so let's keep things straight here.
You called GEJ a devil, conning wicked and corrupt basta.rd who revels in alcoholism and also accused your president of killing general Azazi. If you are called to a court of law, will you be able to defend your statements ? I agree you are bitter with the president but that doesn't mean you'll heap unfounded allegations on him. You also claimed gej didn't do anything as dep governor and governor of Bayelsa state WOW. As dep gov maybe he did nothing but as governor he really worked well in the short period of time he was in office I know that because my little company got some supply contracts in the state making me actively involved in both private and government contracts. All I'm asking for is please argue with verifiable claims and have a little courtesy for the office of the president if for nothing but the fact that he's old enough to be your father/uncle. Thanks alot

You are not my moral compass. If anyone should counsel anyone, the moment you typed that isht you typed, you lost that right. You're asking us to discard objectivity and agree with you that Fashola has not done anything at-all, NO? I shouldn't even be discussing with you, with the perfidy you have exhibited.

If the Nigerian youths were not as docile as they are now, you and the nepostic idi.ots awarding contracts-- which you may not deserve --to you would be in jail.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by kakaG: 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2012
Una dey make too much noise o! Let us enjoy this hols abeg. For those of you who claim Fashola is working list the projects he has successfully accomplished for everyone to read here. At least the poster has given a clear picture from his angle na. If you feel Fashiola is working simply list his achievements in education, health, infrastructure, roads and whatever. Shilenan!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
They keep opening these threads asking for pictures...they provide them with pics and they claim they're not seeing anything. Are they blind??..

I was thinking they were on-to somthing till they started mentioning UYO as an example of a working environment. Why won't it work? When you spend 40billion on developing an area barely larger than Ketu. They're now questioning a man spending less to run one of the most populated States in the world.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by tpia5: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2012
kaka G: Una dey make too much noise o! Let us enjoy this hols abeg. For those of you who claim Fashola is working list the projects he has successfully accomplished for everyone to read here. At least the poster has given a clear picture from his angle na. If you feel Fashiola is working simply list his achievements in education, health, infrastructure, roads and whatever. Shilenan!

If you and your folks need ideas to copy, just ask, no need to beat around the bush in this jungle manner.

Yorubas are not stingy with development! Just ask for help and you'll be obliged!
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by talktimi(m): 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
sshalom: This is a heated and well debated thread I must admit. For anyone who cares to know; Fashola has done more in terms of health care than most. I had a first hand experience of his determination to improve that sector when my wife had our second child at the ISOLO General Hospital. At the time of her delivery, the new hospital was being finished. By the time I drove her there after two months, the massive edifice was ready and fully equipped.

I was taken aback by the quality of the work, facilities and the sheer magnitude of equipments on display. I was forced to ask a senior nurse who works there to confirm whether the Governor actually started the project or if it dated back to days of former Governor Bola Tinubu and she confirmed that it was Fashola that started and completed it.

One could also go to Gbagada, Surulere and Ayinke House to see major projects in this regards.

Now the question that should bother all of us is: Has he done enough to justify the resources at his disposal? While the jury is out on this, my take is that he is doing his best. We should however not shy away from raising questions on the performances or otherwise of our leaders. This is the only way we can keep them on their toes!

Oga thank you very much I like your objectivity although my own argument on this thread is that Fashola is over hyped but I can never say he didn't work at all, this is a thread that needs objective arguments like yours without invectives.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by addey(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2012
thelastPope: Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

SMH at the level of propaganda from these peeps!

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will be a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!

Fool! - know u are paid to do dis, but can u pls show me one thing ur uncle Ebele did when he was in Bayelsa and since he came to power in Nigeria.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by addey(m): 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
thelastPope: Big question for these ACN trolls on NL

If Fashola is such a big success in Lagos like their media want us to believe, why did ACN loose several LGAs in the last LGA election to PDP and ACN had to rig it?

SMH at the level of propaganda from these peeps!

If you want to be sincere, then you have to talk in specifics, not this generalised successes you lot talk about.

What has he achieved in:

Education: Lagos schools are worse of today than they were 10 years ago. Dilapidated structures everywhere with not enough teachers and it isnt even free because the students still pay all sorts of fees. In Lagos, it is only the very poor who cant afford private schools that send their children to government schools. In Benin city, which is ironically another ACN state and in which the governor has done less time than Fashola, It is the other way around. People are widthdrawing their children from private schools and sending them to public schools because the public schools are great. Fashola is the only governor in Nigeria and in the history of Nigeria as far as I can recall, that has increased schools fees by over 1000%. He increased LASU school fees from 25k to 250k and as much as 300k for some courses. This is not even imaginable. It is as diabolical it gets. Then when the students protests, he sends in bruttal policemen to chase them away. Many have had to drop out from school because they cant afford it. This is the same guy who said the FG was too high handed by sending the army to Ojota

Health Care: This one is just humorous. Fashola and ACN in 13 years havent built one new hospital for Lagos. Still the old LUTH and general hospital. No change. Instead, they are praising him for renovating small 30 by 30 maternity centers. centers that where even renovated by MTN foundation, with their sign post conspiciously displayed. His only achievement here was to sack 788 doctors in one day. That is one of the worst administrative blunders in the history of Nigeria. I laughed when I read a previous post that he is a great administrator! Great administrator? Someone whose solution to doctors strike was to sack the whole doctors in the state? Ha! Is that how he will rule Nigeria? The presidential guard will pursue him back to Lagos! lol! If he cannot manage such crisis in one state of Nigeria, how will he manage Nigeria? Those who call GEJ clueless forget that he has continued to manage crisis after crisis and continues to pull everyone along. Love him or hate him, he has continued to hold everything together from North to south.

Roads: Its about six years now and Fashola cannot point to one major new road built in Lagos. I am still wondering where Lagos allocations go. It is funny that every time some credit is giving to Lagos in terms of facility and infrastructure, some of these ACN peeps quickly shout "Fashola is working" as if the facilities are built by Fashola. Lagos has become a business city powered fully by the private sector. All the infrastructures we enjoy in Lagos are built by the private sector, not Fashola. From the cinemas to shoprite to the various entertainment centers et al. I dont understand how that is Fashola working. Propaganda of course. After adding extra lanes to Lekki, he introduced toll gates to a residential area. I mean, that is a first again in Nigeria. Toll gates in a residential area? Some people go from Lekki area to main VI like 5 times daily and back and they have to pay toll fees each time they pass the road. And when the residents protest peacefully, the response, just like the LASU one, is a bruttal assault by his thugs in alliance with the police. He attacked hapless old men on a peaceful protest, yet some pumpkin heads here want us to believe he is a sane and civil guy. If it was GEJ that bruttalized people like that, these same political and tribal jingoist would not let us hear word on NL! Ridiculous to say the least!

Water ways: This is just a funny one. Promises and more promises right from Tinubu's time. Nothing has even left the ground. Total failure here. Nothing to talk about

Transportation: This to me should have been his biggest achievement, but the ban of Okada has rubbushed it. How? The ban of okada has shown that the BRT project is a failure. Totally inadequate. Doesnt even come close to solving half the problem of Lagos transportation. Now, people are trekking like real villagers that Fashola has turned them into and they are swearing for him while they trek. Lagos is now total chaos. The traffic has escalated like times 4. What Okada ban was supposed to achieve, has turn into a total disaster. 3 to 5 hours now to go from Ikeja to VI or back, gauranteed! The traffic is alraming now! No transport on the road. People wait at the busstop for 2,3 hours trying to get a bus or keke. That is the legacy of a failed administrator who knows nothing of how to manage a metropolitan city. He thinks you can just wave a magic wand and scare everyone into submission. And some propaganda crew here wants us to believe he can manage Nigeria. He tops it up with the enactment of the Lagos traffic law 2012. A draconian law that looks like it was written by arrogant baby lawyers. I have read and re-read the law and it makes for a fine comic relief. many of the laws there will not stand a challenge in court. They are as draconian as it gets and many parts of that law contradicts the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. The late Gani would have made a piece meal of it!

Public Amenities: Another big zero! Lagos, after 13 years of ACN rule, still doesnt have public water. I mean in 2012, you cannot open your tap and get clean portable water. You cannot even get unclean water, with all the water in Lagos. A city where you dig only 5 feet in some places and hit water, you cannot get pipe borne water in your house. Yet the state government collects all sorts of taxes like there is no tomorrow. I dont know how a government that cannot even provide something as basic as public water is considered fit to rule Nigeria. Only sychophants would endorse that!

After 13 years of ACN rule, Lagos still reminds me of the movie, slum dog millionaire! That movie should have been shot in Lagos. Would really fit! Fahosla is like a doctor who rubs skin lotion on a sore and closes his eye lid tightly, believing that when he opens his eyes, the sore would have been completely gone. That is what he did in places like Oshodi. He brought in bulldozers and task force agberos and chased everyone away and celebrated the clearing and cleaning of Oshodi. But he forgot that the dirt in Oshodi were created by a depraved and down trodden masses. So by clearing the dirt and not alleviating the plight of the depraved masses, he only rubbed body lotion over a bad sore. Now Oshodi is fast becoming like it was before. And several more Oshodis are springing up. Like Egbeda, Ketu, Ikorodu, Ojodu Berger and many more are becoming the new Oshodi because the problem was never solved. It just got replicated! Please if you want to talk about Fashola's achievements, talk specifics and we would take you serious. as for specifics, they are not impressive. They are all wash! Propaganda at its best. The strategy is simple. Do a project with 1 million naira and promote it with 100 million naira. Fashola will be a very good music artist manager in Nigeria!

Fool! - know u are paid to do dis, but can u pls show me one thing ur uncle Ebele did when he was in Bayelsa and since he came to power in Nigeria.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by talktimi(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
seunajia:

You are not my moral compass. If anyone should counsel anyone, the moment you typed that isht you typed, you lost that right. You're asking us to discard objectivity and agree with you that Fashola has not done anything at-all, NO? I shouldn't even be discussing with you, with the perfidy you have exhibited.

If the Nigerian youths were not as docile as they are now, you and the nepostic idi.ots awarding contracts-- which you may not deserve --to you would be in jail.
. Number one I have never said Fashola didn't do anything in Lagos state, I am a born and bred Surulere guy and I know how Lagos was while growing up and I know how it is now as for your aspect of me being in jail by now because of the supply contracts I managed to get, I doubt your street credibility in Lagos because one thing I was taught while growing up in Aguda was how to be independent so in the worst case scenario, you might actually be a mummy's boy eating daddy's money which makes you hate those that learnt the ropes the hard way so I won't apologise to you for any reason whatsoever.
It seems the main reason why you hate and insult me the way you do is because I asked you to stop insulting your elders and those in authority I don't think that's a bad advice because even your pastor/imam would say the same thing. I owe you no apology and as I've said earlier I won't tell you not to insult me as your doing so won't affect me either positively or negatively I only ask that we have matured arguments on this thread without invectives.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by emiye(m): 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2012
talktimi: . Point taken but you seem not to understand where I'm coming from. I'm not comparing the state of roads btw the two states, I said Akpabio is also a performer compared with Victor Attah the former governor who performed miserably in Akwa Ibom. So Akpabio should be on the same par with Fashola if not higher because of the humongous task he met and the fact that he had to practically build the state capital for example from scratch but you've made your point. Thank you

I don't think you understand the situation of Akwa-ibom during Obong attah's regime. Attah was earning roughly 25% of what Akpabio is earning now, Akwa ibom has won lots of oil fields which were hitherto classified as belonging to other states initially, including all of cross river, part of rivers, delta e.t.c. in the last 6 years , that translates to greater revenue. Attah did not have the kind of revenue Akpabio has now. You can do your research to find out.

Akwa-ibom also have an annual budget 75%-80% of lagos state.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by iconics: 11:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
Judging I'm looking forward to a thread where there ll be no insults only objective arguments. I however want an answer from those who say lagos is over populated, what indices are you using to arive at such conclusion?
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by iconics: 11:21pm On Dec 26, 2012
Economic, social, tribal or ....
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by Proffruleoflaw: 11:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
This has really gotten to me....I wish I can smack this PDP ar.e lickers.

1. Fashola has been the best governor in Nigeria every year from 2007, even on Nairaland.
2. Fashola has shown even if he didn't perform up to ur expectations that 'it can be done' and that leaders lead by example. His actions,utterances give right thinking individuals hope. Am not talking about desperados whose only job is to make money to feed their families like 'okada riders' without consideration for the hundreds of others maimed everyday and families denied the love and affection of their loved ones. Meanwhile motocycles were banned not motobikes, morons.
3. I have lived most of my life in Lagos and I can say confidently that Tinubu is a visionary leader (with faults though maybe he too like money) allowing a relatively unknown Fashola to continue his works. Fashola started the reconstruction of Agege Stadium which was used during the last games in Lagos and all the adjoining streets were upgraded, I mean u need to know how these roads and drainanges were to appreciate what was accomplished.
4. The PDP apologist won't see the good in Fashola simply because the have no template to compare his achievements to that of their thieving compatriots. Oshiomole publicly aknowledged Fash as a mentor so 'if' he does more than him that's ok, but truthfully he never reach. The whole of Uyo where the developments in Akwa is concentrated is like Ikeja and oregun only. I can't comprehend how a sane individual will compare a state with over 15million people to one with 2.5million people.
5. Medical road near computer village is being upgraded. Ayinke House inside LASUTH is being reconstructed.
6. You can compare Fashola's performance to that of any governor you like in Nigeria I think its fair but ask yourself 'why are millions of people not rushing down to take up residence in those states? As large as the population of Lagos is everyone has hope of survival.
7. You open your stinking mouth and talk about IGR, did your retardeen and his past mumu PDP thugs know what could be generated from TAX if not for what Lagos achieved. In saner climes people are jailed for years for evading tax, it is only in Nigeria that people will complain that tax enforcement is anti people.
8. If an american comes to Nigeria and sees Lagos he'll ask if their is government here, true but imagine if what Fashola did especially during hos first tenure is repeated over a period of time with a federal government that has foresight, I see Nigeria taking a leap. That will be without individuals who can't appreciate a one eyed man in the midst of blind people. At least the one eyed man still dey see. That's what's Fashola is compared to all others.
9. Lagos has on several occassions undertaken the rehabilitation of Federal roads, pls I don't even have time to start typing the ones I know but so that u know sha I'll mention abule egba part of the Lagos-Abeokuta express, the Ijaye part etc

Even if Lagos is building with PPP doesn't it make sense to make things work differently abi haven't we seen what the almighty PDP can do in the centre with their IPP?
Abeg, make I go sleep. I'll see what the mumu PDP a.rse lickers will type 2moro.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by emiye(m): 12:59am On Dec 27, 2012
thelastPope:

Akwa Ibom collects at least 4 times what Lagos state earns in Federal allocation (oil revenue + VAT).

A population of 4 million vs 18 million. The infrastructures are over stretched, Lagos state has the highest population density in Nigeria.

With the longest network of city roads, Road degrades faster, thanks and no thanks to the volume of vehicles, especially heavy duty vehicles due to the commercial status of the state.

That average 30 billion you claim Lagos generates as IGR takes ingenuity and hardwork to generate, whereas Akwa-ibom collects roughly that same amount with a "big bowl" monthly from FG with no work in the name of Fed. allocation being an oil producing state.

Lagos State is 99% urban vs Akwa ibom that is 50% urban.

An urban populace expectation from the government is way way higher, everybody wants high grade infrastructural quality and verrrrrrrry very difficult to impress.

When people make comparism, make sure it is fair, so as not to sound stupppid
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by seunajia: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2012
talktimi: . Number one I have never said Fashola didn't do anything in Lagos state, I am a born and bred Surulere guy and I know how Lagos was while growing up and I know how it is now as for your aspect of me being in jail by now because of the supply contracts I managed to get, I doubt your street credibility in Lagos because one thing I was taught while growing up in Aguda was how to be independent so in the worst case scenario, you might actually be a mummy's boy eating daddy's money which makes you hate those that learnt the ropes the hard way so I won't apologise to you for any reason whatsoever.
It seems the main reason why you hate and insult me the way you do is because I asked you to stop insulting your elders and those in authority I don't think that's a bad advice because even your pastor/imam would say the same thing. I owe you no apology and as I've said earlier I won't tell you not to insult me as your doing so won't affect me either positively or negatively I only ask that we have matured arguments on this thread without invectives.

I'm not Fashola's P.R.O and thus there is little I can/should say in his stead. You know its possible you have been walking around without your eyes or probably your brain is not sophisticated enough to process what your eye "sees". Get help bro.

If "street cred" is chop and clean mouth, I want to have none of it. I don't hate you, I hate to be in my car and see beggars all over, I hate to see unemployed youths roaming the streets, I hate the sound of generators, I hate driving on bad roads, I hate nepotism, I hate corruption, I hate injustice, I hate hypocrisy.

You keep assuming, a thief has no respect and deserves none. A man that feeds #1billion/year deserves no respect, a man that approves a building, a building for #19billion in the midst of all the austerity deserves to be dragged in the streets. I can go on and on.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by ba7man(m): 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
I belive @Proffruleoflaw,Emiye and Seunaija Have said it all.
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by anulaxad(m): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
talktimi: grin I'm in a quagmire here as I don't know whether to keep silent or join you in your gutter. But you're very funny sha, its obvious you were not properly brought up by your parents hence your lack of respect for elders and those in authority its also obvious that your educational foundation is very poor hence your bad placement of words and malapropism making it slightly difficult to understand your rantings. I can't tell you not to insult me as its entirely up to you to do what you will I only asked that you show some modicum of respect for those in authority.
listen mr.fobtimi your comments are irrelevant.
do you know why? Firstly I am not taking an English test am I no.

Secondly I do not need you out of all the bast ards in your family to tell me my English is bad when I am even born and breed in London(England) where your language that you use to comment with is from,kmt.

Thirdly since an illiterate like you can not understand simple basic English even if I am writing 'crazily', I have spaced out my my writing so you can understand.

And last but least it is your father that lives at my local gutter where my excess waste goes to bast ard wink angry
Re: The Truth About Fashola's Success by pheesayor(m): 1:27pm On Dec 27, 2012
anulaxad: you live festac my uncle lives there do you know mr.adenuga not (mike adeunuga cheesy)
lol, is he a teacher?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Attracts Road Construction In Fegge Community, Onitsha / 'CJN Suspension Is A Coup Against The Judiciary' - Nigerian Bar Association / Obiano Reconstructs Sir Alex Ekwueme Square And Roads in Awka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.