Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:54 AM

Do You Want Me To Believe In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Want Me To Believe In God? (1102 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2012
You want me to believe in God? then show me God! You can't? then shut up.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by AtheistD(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: You want me to believe in God? then show me God! You can't? then shut up.

No they dont want you to believe. As long as you pay your tithes and dont ask questions your good wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
is it just me or do u guys also think Christians hate being challenged?
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by AtheistD(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
inurmind: is it just me or do u guys also think Christians hate being challenged?

Some dont mind but most seem to hate it.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Some dont mind but most seem to hate it.

all the the threads I have opened actually challenging the practicality of their religion have so far proved to be nightmares for them.
I think this is actually a great tactic for atheists.
challenging the theoretical aspect has so far proved unsuccessful, so let's get down to the lab.
instead of merely questioning, let's challenge.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
@op, do you really want to see God. Are you pure in heart?
Matthew 5:8
King James Version
(KJV)
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
No? You aren't pure in heart! Oh! I'm sorry but you can't see God at the moment, He does not have time for you until you have time for Him.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by AtheistD(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
inurmind:

all the the threads I have opened actually challenging the practicality of their religion have so far being greatly despised by them.

Same here. Most have dodged talking about heaven in detail.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 3:21pm On Dec 21, 2012

Same here. Most have dodged talking about heaven in detail.
You are extremely funny! You say heaven does not exist yet you want a description of heaven.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
Todaynatoday: @op, do you really want to see God. Are you pure in heart?
No? You aren't pure in heart! Oh! I'm sorry but you can't see God at the moment, He does not have time for you until you have time for Him.

Sorry!!!! but i am the one who dont have time for God. It is God who want me to worship him, i am not the one who is begging for attention. Besides what is your definition of pure in heart? Be a religious acquiesce or be moral? Now being moral has nothing to do with religion.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by AtheistD(m): 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
Todaynatoday: You are extremely funny! You say heaven does not exist yet you want a description of heaven.

Because I am open minded and like to learn and discuss things. After all my signature states that knowledge is power wink
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman:

Sorry!!!! but i am the one who dont have time for God. It is God who want me to worship him, i am not the one who is begging for attention. Besides what is your definition of pure in heart? Be a religious acquiesce or be moral? Now being moral has nothing to do with religion.
You just asked to see God, aren't you begging for attention that way?
To be pure in heart is to be unflinchingly clean, to be innocent, to have the "mind" of a "child".
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2012

Because I am open minded and like to learn and discuss things. After all my signature states that knowledge is power wink
What would you possibly learn from something that is non-existent? If there is no heaven, why would you want to discuss about it?
Knowledge is only power when you know how to use it.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by greatgenius: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman: You want me to believe in God? then show me God! You can't? then shut up.
this is a very s.tupid and silly question borne out of ignorance .... Don't ask people if you want to believe in God. Ask yourself if you want to believe in God..I don't think anyone is or should be forcing you to believe in God.. I think your statement is more of a plea for help....you think you know better but your just as lost as the religionists that you try so much to ridicule ...

Having said that if you are looking for God. Look no further than yourself, your neighbor , your parents..etc
You are God in flesh . God in amnesia in third density .. God is not in the sky and sHe does not need your worship..
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
greatgenius: this is a very s.tupid and silly question borne out of ignorance .... Don't ask people if you want to believe in God. Ask yourself if you want to believe in God..I don't think anyone is or should be forcing you to believe in God.. I think your statement is more of a plea for help....you think you know better but your just as lost as the religionists that you try so much to ridicule ...

Having said that if you are looking for God. Look no further than yourself, your neighbor , your parents..etc
You are God in flesh . God in amnesia in third density .. God is not in the sky and sHe does not need your worship..

You seem not to understand your religion. Have you forgotten "Go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations" Mat 28 v 19. It is your duty to want me to believe in God, if you understand that.

Dont try to dodge if you dont have any prove. Just shut up as i have already said.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by AtheistD(m): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2012
Todaynatoday: What would you possibly learn from something that is non-existent? If there is no heaven, why would you want to discuss about it?
Knowledge is only power when you know how to use it.

You are beating around the bush... another Xtian trait. Why do you care about my interest in heaven? Why not just describe heaven so we can debate and discuss?
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2012

You are beating around the bush... another Xtian trait. Why do you care about my interest in heaven? Why not just describe heaven so we can debate and discuss?

I'll meet you in your thread.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by greatgenius: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2012
You are very daft I might say.. in your haste to reply you obviously didn't get the message I passed accross ...go read the message again..
And where did you get the i am a religionist part from my post? ... I see why the religionist are ignoring you. You are obviously not right upstairs ...keep crying for help..
ooman:

You seem not to understand your religion. Have you forgotten "Go ye therefore and make disciples of all nations" Mat 28 v 19. It is your duty to want me to believe in God, if you understand that.

Dont try to dodge if you dont have any prove. Just shut up as i have already said.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman:

greatgenius is not a christian but a pantheist.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
greatgenius: You are very daft I might say.. in your haste to reply you obviously didn't get the message I passed accross ...go read the message again..
And where did you get the i am a religionist part from my post? ... I see why the religionist are ignoring you. You are obviously not right upstairs ...keep crying for help..

You obviously religious so i forgive you, i would be disappointed if you claim to be an atheist and utter such words.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by greatgenius: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman:

You obviously religious so i forgive you, i would be disappointed if you claim to be an atheist and utter such words.
well with ignorance like this been displayed who would want to be an atheist ....you claim you are an atheist yet you want someone to help you believe...is this what atheism has turned into?
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2012
greatgenius: well with ignorance like this been displayed who would want to be an atheist ....you claim you are an atheist yet you want someone to help you believe...is this what atheism has turned into?

Are u normally like this or someone pissed you off today. It is people who are begging that atheist should become theist, and i cannot become a theist except i see God. You get it now?
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Todaynatoday: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
ooman:

Are u normally like this or someone pissed you off today. It is people who are begging that atheist should become theist, and i cannot become a theist except i see God. You get it now?
And you have to be pure in heart before you can see God.

Matthew 5:8
King James Version
(KJV)
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for
they shall see God.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by greatgenius: 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2012
^^^^ not really in the mood for a discussion today. But that verse should not be taken literally brother... It is not what you think it means...

Since you are a Christian who obviously believes in the ascended master jesus as your " saviour".. dis he not utter that whoever has seen me has seen God? Did he also not say I and the father are one? .. going by your verse are you saying that all that saw jesus were pure in heart? Are you saying jesus lied when he made those statements? I tell you what jesus didn't lie in any of those statements..
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Well, you are getting the verse wrong. It doesnt say i have to believe first but be pure in heart and i think i am pure enough. I have not suicide bombed anybody and i dont collect tithes and offerings in exchange for repeating what the bible says. Just joking.
Being religious is not synonymous with being moral. People n Govt are all religious but criminals. I think i am pure enough, if God really loves me, he'll show himself to me.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by greatgenius: 5:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
^^^^^ being pure enough is not the same as pure btw so you might want to revise your statement since you really wish to see God.. your statements gives you up...
Btw Keep looking for God outside of yourself and you will never find it.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by chukkynwob(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2013
ooman:

Ooman my good friend,I think you are taking things too personal. My two cents though. You just call out people to argue.lol!!!
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by chukkynwob(m): 11:14am On Feb 11, 2013
ooman: Well, you are getting the verse wrong. It doesnt say i have to believe first but be pure in heart and i think i am pure enough. I have not suicide bombed anybody and i dont collect tithes and offerings in exchange for repeating what the bible says. Just joking.
Being religious is not synonymous with being moral. People n Govt are all religious but criminals. I think i am pure enough, if God really loves me, he'll show himself to me.

I sometimes understand your zeal to make Nigeria better but hanging it on Christianity,is a lazy man's way out.
Come out from behind your computer screen let's fight corruption in Nigeria,I don't care about your religous or non-religious affiliations,but please refrain from name calling you'll never get the best of people by insulting them.
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2013
chukkynwob:

I sometimes understand your zeal to make Nigeria better but hanging it on Christianity,is a lazy man's way out.
Come out from behind your computer screen let's fight corruption in Nigeria,I don't care about your religous or non-religious affiliations,but please refrain from name calling you'll never get the best of people by insulting them.

Hi,

Thank you from your advice.

Writing on the internet is a good way to start.

I think i might recruit some armies first (no matter your religion) so i wont be the only one.

Concerning fighting xtianity only. Its because its worth it, you know you never read me fighting Islam, so pls, feel proud and feel important.

For all who THINK i have insulted them, i say sorry. My aim has NEVER been to HURT PEOPLE, it has been to MOTIVATE PEOPLE.

Bye
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Paschal007: 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hey hey.....is this thread 'stickied'? undecided
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2013
Paschal007: Hey hey.....is this thread 'stickied'? undecided

you have a problem with that?
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by Paschal007: 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2013
ooman:

you have a problem with that?
Why should i?
Re: Do You Want Me To Believe In God? by ooman(m): 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2013
Paschal007: Why should i?

just asking

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scandals Will Hit Deeper Life, Winners, Christ Embassy And More In 2014 / If You Have The Truth,why Force It On People? / Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.