Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,327 members, 7,881,219 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:30 PM

Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart (2192 Views)

TY Danjuma: 'Boko Haram’s Intelligence Is 100% Better Than That Of Our Military' / Re: Before APC Falls Apart By Remi Oyeyemi / "Before Apc Falls Apart" - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by HotFunmi1(f): 6:42am On Feb 19, 2008
T.Y. Danjuma: Obasanjo Is Running Third Term Through Yar'Adua
By Akpo Esajere (Group Political Editor)

FORMER Defence Minister, General Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma, was acrimonious during the week over the seeming influence of former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the administration of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua.

He was particularly miffed that Obasanjo, whom he accused of allegedly encouraging corruption in his administration, has achieved his 'Third Term' ambition through President Yar'Adua.

He said: "Third Term hasn't failed; we are still in Third Term. Obasanjo is still in charge. Aremu of Ota is the de-facto ruler of this country, sitting in Ota and manipulating, the government through Umaru (Yar'Adua)."

Danjuma, a former Army Chief of Staff and an ally of Obasanjo, who said he would go on exile if Obasanjo were not made president in 1999, spoke exclusively to The Guardian in Lagos on Monday.

Accusing Obasanjo of corruption in his eight-year rule, he vowed : "We will expose the dirty details, which I have in my possession. We will make them public, to compel even Umaru to do something. Umaru Yar'Adua is a decent human being, but he is spineless."

He said that Obasanjo merits a second term in prison.
However, Danjuma also criticised President Yar'Adua, whose government, he said, was at a standstill, no thanks to the petitions against his election at the tribunal.

According to him: "Umaru started well by making all the right noises - rule of law, due process, electoral reform, bla, bla, bla and he appears to be on the right track. But if you are on the right track and you are moving but don't move fast, you will be over-run.

"Right now, we are standing still and the handlers of Yar'Adua tell us that it is because of the court case; that after the court case, he'll start performing. I doubt it. Even if Umaru has no case, for as long as Aremu of Ota is allowed to control the party and to manipulate things, so long will the standstill continue."

Danjuma argued that for Yar'Adua to perform as expected, he needed to be divorced from the former President.

He admitted that he did not know all the sides of Obasanjo from the Civil War period, through the Murtala Muhammed/Obasanjo regime and till the end of the Obasanjo government in 2007.
Danjuma, who addressed a wide range of issues in the four-hour interview, also clarified the controversies surrounding his role in the arrest and killing of Nigeria's first Head of State, Gen. JTU Aguiyi-Ironsi in 1966; the overthrow of Gen. Yakubu Gowon and his (Gowon) alleged involvement in the assassination of Murtala in 1976.

He exonerated Gowon from the Buka Dimka-led coup, in which Murtala was killed, stressing that because Gowon was never tried or convicted, as regards the coup plot, there was no need to grant him pardon, as recently reported in the dailies.

He likewise revealed why he and his colleagues in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) preferred Obasanjo to former Vice President Alex Ekwueme in the run-up to the 1999 presidential primaries of the party in Jos, Plateau State.

Danjuma said he was coming out with a memoir he labels a "grenade" that will explode the "funning lies" and misrepresentations on his role and those of others in Nigeria's history.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by HotFunmi1(f): 6:44am On Feb 19, 2008
Things are actually falling apart for the Nigerian high and mighty. I thought Aremu and TY Danjuma were tight friends from 15th century? What happened to their friendship? OR, Is TY dumping OBJ because he's no more in power?
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by fatherab1: 8:16am On Feb 19, 2008
That man has said just half of the truth. On one hand, Yar'adua reverses major achievements of Obasanjo but on the other hand, he allows his autocratic style of politics go unhindered most especially within the PDP.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 19, 2008
Hot.Funmi:

Things are actually falling apart for the Nigerian high and mighty. I thought Aremu and TY Danjuma were tight friends from 15th century? What happened to their friendship? OR, Is TY dumping OBJ because he's no more in power?

Things actually fell apart between them during OBJ's second term. One of the reasons was when OBJ revoked one of his oil block licences.
TY should just shut up as it was the same establishment that fraudulently enriched him. He should stop playing the good guy now.
What happened to their friendship? One may also want to ask what happened to the friendship of IBB and Vasta.

It's simple. Nobody know the truth of what these guys has been up to.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by almondjoy(f): 8:55am On Feb 19, 2008
Are we surprised? undecided

There is no honor amongst thieves! kiss

That semi-deranged gay, TY, needs to shut his filthy, fly-infested mouth and sit the hell down.  No body is interested in what he's got to drool out.  He is not spitting out to us what we do not know already. Like he was not part of the people that ruined Nigeria when the going was goooooooooood. Or when his dunder head of a wife Madam "Daisy" of Egypt was senator in Edo state under Lucky Igbenedion?  Him, Yaradua, OBJ and whoever can all go to hell for all I care.

Gosh! I hate Nigerians!  Bloody hypocrites from the top to the dregs! angry

Useless people.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by HotFunmi1(f): 9:45am On Feb 19, 2008
Things actually fell apart between them during OBJ's second term. One of the reasons was when OBJ revoked one of his oil block licences.
TY should just shut up as it was the same establishment that fraudulently enriched him. He should stop playing the good guy now.
What happened to their friendship? One may also want to ask what happened to the friendship of IBB and Vasta.

It's simple. Nobody know the truth of what these guys has been up to.
I wonder, I think Obj is just watching him make a fool of himself. He that lives in a glass house should not throw stones.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by fatherab1: 9:48am On Feb 19, 2008
Dear Madam Joy,

almondjoy:

Gosh! I hate Nigerians!  Bloody hypocrites from the top to the dregs

Useless people.

Take it easy with Nigerians,
it's just that a few bad eggs spoil the omlete. But soft pedal.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by almondjoy(f): 10:33am On Feb 19, 2008
father ab:

Dear Madam Joy,

Take it easy with Nigerians,
it's just that a few bad eggs spoil the omlete. But soft pedal.

It is not a few. I say from the top to the bottom. The leaders or the apathetic citizenry--I frankly have not figured out which group is worse! angry

I could tell that disgusting man TY what to do with his grenade for starters.  He can shove it, up where the sun does not shine!

Gosh! I can't stand the man or should a say pig! I frankly thought he was dead. I think something has to be done about that! It would be good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by ono(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2008
Naija peeps are generally bad. They've all been infested with the virus Corruption.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by v24m(f): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2008
what goes around comes around. who is he to throw stones, God will bring all of them to justice. My people God has answered our prayers they should keep exposing themselves, money that isnt theirs, they squandered, the nerve of em all.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by 4Play(m): 11:42am On Feb 19, 2008
@hotfunmi

Source please
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 19, 2008
v24m:

God will bring all of them to justice. My people God has answered our prayers they should keep exposing themselves, money that isnt theirs, they squandered, the nerve of em all.

Are you serious?
You are asking God to come down from Heaven and order EFCC to arrest this people?
I think God should be asked to help us with wisdom and courage to make and execute effective laws and not coming down to handcuff TY or OBJ.
Until we do this, I'm afraid you will never see God bringing this guys to Kirikiri in handcuff.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by 4Him(m): 5:51pm On Feb 19, 2008
almondjoy:

There is no honor amongst thieves! kiss

Excellent
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by powerofmap(m): 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2008
almondjoy:

Gosh! I hate Nigerians! Bloody hypocrites from the top to the dregs! angry

Useless people.

Why na take am easy wit us na.
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by HottFunmi: 4:59pm On Feb 21, 2008
Why na take am easy wit us na
LMAO
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by AlfaPrime: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2008
@Almondjoy

why should someone like U who hates NIgerians find yourself on nairaland, which is a forum dedicated to Nigerians and friends of Nigerians? Or are U also a hypocrite?
Re: Ty Danjuma And Obj Falls Apart by almondjoy(f): 11:03am On Feb 24, 2008
AlfaPrime:

@Almondjoy

why should someone like You who hates NIgerians find yourself on nairaland, which is a forum dedicated to Nigerians and friends of Nigerians? Or are You also a hypocrite?

Thank you! Sorry I am was a Nigerian too and it has nothing to with love for you and your Nigeria ok? It is called freedom of expression, so please get over yourself!  Americans are your friends too and they cuss you out everyday on Nairaland, so what is your point? undecided

Including your Barack Obama you all are worshipping---who allegedly says you are cannibals! tongue  He might be using one of the screen names here to insult you too. cheesy

No main me jare--na frustration of all these stupid army people weey deey ruin Naija naim deey make me ves!

When I dey shout I love Nigeria why you no come out?

(1) (Reply)

Court Remands UNPD Presidential Candidate / What You Should Know About Dangote / Is PDP The Most Democratic Party In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.