Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,826 members, 7,882,874 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 05:25 PM

Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other (2321 Views)

Why Most Guys Don't Marry Their Girlfriends... / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Do Nigerians Always Marry Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Elmos: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
Despite coming from the same village or town or state or region, Nigerian living abroad both male and female still prefer to go back home to get married. This is a trend that has been on for some time now, and when such imported wife or husband relocate to join the spouse it never last more than few years. Since this is the trend why are singles still go through the stress of going home to fetch a wife or husband?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by olumaxi(m): 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2012
Cos 4 dia,evribody na guyman..al d husstlin..ko easy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by omega25red(m): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
Sometimes because when you are abroad as you say, your choices of women you can hook up with increases exponentially.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by larrymoore(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
Loading.... Oh! Still loading.....
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by k2039: 10:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Probably it's because they were dating and intended to get married to them before they travelled abroad.

So it's only logical that they will come back for their spouse after they settle down.

About marriages like that failing, I'm not sure though, but if at all it happens, then it failed for thesame reason any marriage would have failed, besides it's easier to divorce there than here since family members will advice and encourage you to endure here.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by k2039: 10:40pm On Dec 21, 2012
omega25red: Sometimes because when you are abroad as you say, your choices of women you can hook up with increases exponentially.
You need to read the thread again, I guessed you commented based on the heading, I do that a lot too, but lately I realised heading might be misleading.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by SAFO(m): 11:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
@k2039, spot on assessment.

It's funny how we Nigerians brag about our low divorce rates and core family structures, but yet one will be surprised at the number of people living their lives in utter frustration and hopelessness, all in the name of marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by thatchic: 1:59am On Dec 22, 2012
It’s the “all American rejects” that are involved in this DHL marriage. I and my friends (educated professionals) all married Christian professional men from our tribes. I am going to generalize, but the men and women that went back home for the sole purpose of finding a spouse, were lacking in certain areas: I have seen girls that willingly consented to “trains” that were videotaped, later get all sanctified and go back home to find a spouse. Men with no swag or most importantly self-confidence go back home and bring back a dime. After a while issues are bound to pop off, hence the high divorce rate
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Afam4eva(m): 2:21am On Dec 22, 2012
Nigerian women abroad don tear eye finish so it's safer for men to go back home to look for a wife.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Mynd44: 3:01am On Dec 22, 2012
^^
That assesment is as awrong as saying the women in the city don tear eye, I wan go marry for village.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by dmcdad: 9:49am On Dec 22, 2012
^^^ True talk. It's fallacious to think in such light.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Mynd44: 9:58am On Dec 22, 2012
^^
Very
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Metalgoong(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2012
thatchic: It’s the “all American rejects” that are involved in this DHL marriage. I and my friends (educated professionals) all married Christian professional men from our tribes. I am going to generalize, but the men and women that went back home for the sole purpose of finding a spouse, were lacking in certain areas: I have seen girls that willingly consented to “trains” that were videotaped, later get all sanctified and go back home to find a spouse. Men with no swag or most importantly self-confidence go back home and bring back a dime. After a while issues are bound to pop off, hence the high divorce rate

Utter trash!! . . What an intelligent post by the so called educated lady . . . Educated professional my foot!

It seems many sharp naija dudes dated and dumped you, and then went ahead to marry their girl friends or fiancees residing in Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by slimchi2k2(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2012
afam4eva: Nigerian women abroad don tear eye finish so it's safer for men to go back home to look for a wife.
bro not as u think,even those girls in african anytime they come to abroad most use to be worst than the once in abroad,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by slimchi2k2(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^
That assesment is as awrong as saying the women in the city don tear eye, I wan go marry for village.

i believe u
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by blazingtrain: 11:47am On Dec 22, 2012
Y do u think so? They do.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by slimchi2k2(m): 11:49am On Dec 22, 2012
blazingtrain: Y do u think so? They do.
the best
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by thatchic: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2012
Used and dumped, no sir. I married my love when I was 22 years old. Seven years later and three wonderful kids we are still going strong. I still stand by my words the A++ men and women dont have a problem dating their peers and getting married.

Metalgoong:

Utter trash!! . . What an intelligent post by the so called educated lady . . . Educated professional my foot!

It seems many sharp naija dudes dated and dumped you, and then went ahead to marry their girl friends or fiancees residing in Nigeria. grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by 190theclown: 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2012
Well I'l rather go home and marry from there
Than a gurl in same beautiful city as myself over here
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by slimchi2k2(m): 8:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
190-the-clown:
Well I'l rather go home and marry from there
Than a gurl in same beautiful city as myself over here
i think they are the same
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Nobody: 3:54am On Dec 27, 2012
dunno.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
@thatchic

With what I've seen in New Jersey, New York and beyond about most Nigerian ladies, it is a no for me. Most Nigerian ladies in the U.S are just not wife materials. I don't care about your A++. I am not saying all Nigerian ladies in the US or western countries are bad, but more than 90% are not worth marrying. When I was in college, I saw so many things. Ladies getting ears pierced, tongues pierced, nibbles and nipples pierced and bleaching their skin. Even wearing skimping dresses. Go to college campuses and see what Nigerian ladies are doing.

Imagine a man having a party and at that party seeing 3 to 5 former boyfriends of his wife there. I know of a guy who was introduced to a lady in 1997 by a friend and his friend advised him to use and dump her because she's been around a lot. The guy ended up impregnating her to the extent of going to Courthouse and marry her. As the relationship progressed, the sister of the guy knew the lady to have been with so many Nigerian guys including some of the people the guy knows. Guess what! After they got married, the guy found out about the lady's past including the number of abortions she's had for Nigerian guys in the past. The two of them can't go to social gathering because of her past and the guy harmmers her at home everyday calling her slut and all sorts of names. They have a 13 years old son together. The family and relatives don't even want the woman at their social gathering. What a disgrace!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by thatchic: 1:08am On Jan 04, 2013
I went to a Nigerian university before transferring to an American university. College life is full of debauchery. Young adults leaving the confines of their parents’ home may choose to go buck wild. Bros the thing my eye see for naija university, my mouth no fit talk: sugar daddies + campus bobo + within campus away match + home based match.. Some use abortion as a means of birth control, starting from secondary school here in naija sad .The lady and the man you are using are terrible examples. And I do have those “a+++” friends in the areas you mentioned smiley smiley. Bad market dey for naija and America. Exes are a part of life unless you marry a virgin.

[quote author=payless]@thatchic

With what I've seen in New Jersey, New York and beyond about most Nigerian ladies, it is a no for me. Most Nigerian ladies in the U.S are just not wife materials. I don't care about your A++. I am not saying all Nigerian ladies in the US or western countries are bad, but more than 90% are not worth marrying. When I was in college, I saw so many things. Ladies getting ears pierced, tongues pierced, nibbles and nipples pierced and bleaching their skin. Even wearing skimping dresses. Go to college campuses and see what Nigerian ladies are doing.

Imagine a man having a party and at that party seeing 3 to 5 former boyfriends of his wife there. I know of a guy who was introduced to a lady in 1997 by a friend and his friend advised him to use and dump her because she's been around a lot. The guy ended up impregnating her to the extent of going to Courthouse and marry her. As the relationship progressed, the sister of the guy knew the lady to have been with so many Nigerian guys including some of the people the guy knows. Guess what! After they got married, the guy found out about the lady's past including the number of abortions she's had for Nigerian guys in the past. The two of them can't go to social gathering because of her past and the guy harmmers her at home everyday calling her slut and all sorts of names. They have a 13 years old son together. The family and relatives don't even want the woman at their social gathering. What a disgrace!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by claremont(m): 1:15am On Jan 04, 2013
I think good and bad people exist everywhere, and there is no proof to support the theory that the ladies back home are better than the ones in the diaspora or vice versa. It is wrong to judge a whole bunch of people by the conduct of a few.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by maryhaam(f): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Marriage issue na God dey seal am ,may God just let person dey lucky.........be it anywhere may person see hin missing ribs .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by dmcdad: 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
maryhaam: Marriage issue na God dey seal am ,may God just let person dey lucky.........be it anywhere may person see hin missing ribs .
You are right
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Goldenboy007(m): 6:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
I can tell you about US no where else. As a man before you would meet a "good" woman either black natives or Nigerian americanized you go walk the walk !!! "Good" woman as par the ones that would uphold those traditional values you desire!!! there are two types....the outright Jezebel that you can't trust with your landlord's son and the working class sophisticated Beijing woman activist that would tell your mother to go to hell and give you a sex timetable !!! The mistake is you wanna avoid all that so you go bring Nkemji from your villa in Otukpo autonomous community. Except you cage her like an cherished parrot which is "impossicant" or else you wanna spend the rest of your miserable life in penitentiary. But the moment she mixes with the "independent black hawks" of God's own country, kiss those traditional values bye bye !!! Next thing is that she realizes she can do away with your husband "head of the house"crap and still inherit all your sweat by way of divorce settlement and child upkeep !! Shey you grab now? Best thing do live-in lover, when you go back finally to your villa then marry !!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Sunglow: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
[quote
author=Afam4eva]Nigerian women abroad don tear eye finish so it's safer
for men to go back home to look for a wife.[/quote].isn't dat cowardice,from the side of d men?:/
Re: Why Are Nigerian Residing Abroad Don't Marry Each Other by Goldenboy007(m): 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
Sunglow: .isn't dat cowardice,from the side of d men?:/

If preventing someone from ruining the life you carefully built is cowardice then most sensible men are cowards !!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Girls So Shallow? / smart ladies: Things You Should Not Do For Your Boyfriend / This Is True!behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman Rolling Her Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.