Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,611 members, 7,888,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:10 PM

Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs (3751 Views)

Pictures, Man Post Selfies From Under Bed After The Gfs Mum Came Back Early / Guys Lets Pick Hair Styles For Our Wives And Gfs Ths Weekend (pics) / Crazy Gfs Be Like....(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by aburoburo(f): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
Hi everyone.

How can I know whether I'm dealing with a player not? I met him 4 months ago and have just gone on a few casual dates off and on. Last week he asked me why I am not willing to give it a go but the truth of the matter is that I don't trust him. I don't know whether its my insecurities playing up or maybe I am just judging him based on his looks? Call me naive etc, but he "looks" like a player (I am sure there are a few ladies here who understand what I mean)
I do like him but there are a few things I've noticed about him:
1) He doesn't contact me everyday (he says he is busy studying and also works full time)
2) When we are together he is very attentive, caring etc but once we are apart we dont speak often (YES I WAIT FOR HIM TO CONTACT ME FIRST UNTIL THERE IS A DEFINED RELATIONSHIP)
3) Most weekends he parties with his boys and no he hasnt invited me to join as of yet.

My ex boyfriend was more full on in his approach when we first met and I knew where I stood quiet early on but this new friend of mine is different.
Should I just relax and go with the flow or are there certain "player signs" I should look out for?
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by 190theclown: 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
young lady are you NIGERIAN grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by k2039: 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
I can't say if he is a player or not, you only need to think with your brain and not your heart to find that out yourself.

From your post it's obvious you are not really a priority to him(but think about it, why should you be a priority when you didn't give him a chance)

Also why should it be only the guy that makes the call, that contact the girl first, mtchew.

I can't say much about him, but if I were in his shoe I would have done worse and that doesn't mean I don't love you.

My point, give him a chance, but ensure you think with your head and not your heartt in the relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by SAFO(m): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2012
1. So its a sin to work full time & study ?

2. Just like number 1, the guy is busy trying to get ahead in life. Must he call you every day?

3. Don't ever expect to get invited when it's guys nite out. No man wants a clingy woman who craves attention all the time. Let him shayo with the boys and your time will come.

In summary I think you've been bitten one too many times and now you're dating in fear. Be careful o cuse you might let a good man slip thru your fingers.

1 Like

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2012
Avez-vous besoin d'un devin pour vous dire que
le gars n'est pas en vous? Certaines filles peuvent
être si stupide. En particulier les filles nairaland. cool
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by chikeorji123(m): 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2012
lucenzo: Avez-vous besoin d'un devin pour vous dire que

op permit me to address this shits hey! dude l think u are in a wrong website..

3 Likes

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Dsage1: 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
@op, what if he just take you as one of his backup?

See, fine boys are attracted to ladies, so you may or may not his only girlfriend.besides,must he have to call everyday?
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Dsage1: 10:34pm On Dec 21, 2012
@op, what if he just take you as one of his backup?

See, fine boys are attracted to ladies, so you may or may not his only girlfriend. Besides,must he have to call everyday?
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by chikeorji123(m): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
OP
Since k2039 and SAFO are the one who find their time to reply you honestly your lucky otherwise those that still wear pampers will be floriking here then getting more than what you bargain for.You know what? listen to them,and how will you know the guy if not been close to him? b/c the way you sound it's seen as little bit confuse,not adviceble use such mind to analise a man..
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by aburoburo(f): 10:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
190-the-clown:
young lady are you NIGERIAN grin grin

lool Mr 190...yes I am, now what grin

SAFO: 1. So its a sin to work full time & study ? NO, never said it was

2. Just like number 1, the guy is busy trying to get ahead in life. Must he call you every day? Nope but I assumed its the norm in the beginning when a guy is eager or maybe I am comparing his ways to my ex's

3. Don't ever expect to get invited when it's guys nite out. No man wants a clingy woman who craves attention all the time. Let him shayo with the boys and your time will come. Ok thanks, noted !

In summary I think you've been bitten one too many times and now you're dating in fear. Be careful o cuse you might let a good man slip thru your fingers.
Yes there is an iota of fear due to a bad relationship I had 2 years ago sad
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by aburoburo(f): 10:44pm On Dec 21, 2012
k2039: I can't say if he is a player or not, you only need to think with your brain and not your heart to find that out yourself.

From your post it's obvious you are not really a priority to him(but think about it, why should you be a priority when you didn't give him a chance)

Also why should it be only the guy that makes the call, that contact the girl first, mtchew.

I can't say much about him, but if I were in his shoe I would have done worse and that doesn't mean I don't love you.

My point, give him a chance, but ensure you think with your head and not your heartt in the relationship.

Ah you would have done worse ke? why grin
Is it a crime to be cautious? I've told him that I liked him but I just want to take things slow is that bad? yes sometimes I do feel like contacting him but pride gets in the way. ok I will work on it. Thank you for your reply smiley
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by aburoburo(f): 10:46pm On Dec 21, 2012
D sage: @op, what if he just take you as one of his backup?

See, fine boys are attracted to ladies, so you may or may not his only girlfriend.besides,must he have to call everyday?

That is the problem!! I don't want to be his back up grin I think that's why I act cautious sad
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
Life itself is a risk,if u dnt give it a try u wuld neva knw and wateva cmes out of it,hey ! Be strong,gudluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by victorian(f): 12:18am On Dec 22, 2012
Like someone , said somewhere
Meet Someone------ Get Attached---------Get hurt---------Move on-------Repeat. grin....

But life and relationship is a risk, no harm in trying.... It could end with smiles ... Or in tears...such is life..
So suck it up and trust again, then repeat grin grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Goldieluks: 2:26am On Dec 22, 2012

Will you type that crap in english please. Wth?

@OP do not give in to anything if you are not sure about it yourself. That guy sounds like someone who's occupied with something more important, maybe his career or another girl. A guy who doesn't give you his expected attention at the commence of a relationship, will never give it to you as the relationship progresses. If your in doubt whether he's up to something fishy, try finding out yourself. You might wanna visit him or call him during odd hours. Find out for yourself, get your answers and put your mind at rest.
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Mynd44: 2:58am On Dec 22, 2012
^^
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by olumaxi(m): 5:44am On Dec 22, 2012
victorian: Like someone , said somewhere
Meet Someone------ Get Attached---------Get hurt---------Move on-------Repeat. grin....

But life and relationship is a risk, no harm in trying.... It could end with smiles ... Or in tears...such is life..
So suck it up and trust again, then repeat grin grin
but do people stil cry ova an heartbreak?..
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by freecocoa(f): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2012
I don't even understand sef.

Is it that you guys are already dating and he's not giving you attention or you are still in the asking out phase and you not sure if you should give in ?
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by dmcdad: 9:16am On Dec 22, 2012
aburoburo:

lool Mr 190...yes I am, now what grin

Yes there is an iota of fear due to a bad relationship I had 2 years ago sad

I thought as much, when reading your piece something emanated from my head that, you are slow in giving him your response because you are still tired to the past.

My dear, it will never work out if you continue in this light.. Two factors will never make your relationship with that guy work, that is if you eventually say yes to him.

1. You do comparing and contrasting. This is unhealthy for any relationship. Imagine, if you have not said yes to him and you are already full of this, how would it be when you finally agree? Like I will always solicit, if your present guy exhibit traits like or unlike your ex, it is in your best interest not to compare the both of them, if you do, there will always be a reason for your ex to come out on top in your comparisons, and as such, your present guy will be less of a value to you.

2. You transfer aggression from your past relationship to a potential one. If you must experience lasting peace and tranquility in your relationship, there is need for you to let go of the past hook, line and sinker and stop checking up on what went well and what did not. Feel relaxed and give this guy a trial barring any discriminating factor either from the past or from his looks.

Like what you asked if he is a player or not, no one is in a better position than your very self. He might be omitting somethings just cause you have not said yes yet and/or he might be adding up something cause you are tarrying in your reply. So, I'd say, give it a go and allow things to flow the way they ought to.

Wish you good luck.
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2012
Goldieluks:

Will you type that crap in english please. Wth?

@OP do not give in to anything if you are not sure about it yourself. That guy sounds like someone who's occupied with something more important, maybe his career or another girl. A guy who doesn't give you his expected attention at the commence of a relationship, will never give it to you as the relationship progresses. If your in doubt whether he's up to something fishy, try finding out yourself. You might wanna visit him or call him during odd hours. Fi nd out for yourself, get your answers and put your mind at rest.

GBAM!!...EOD
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 22, 2012
C'est chose normale avec une fille nigériane
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Koolking(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2012

Ask Google and and revert to us.

Are players now written on forehead? Or it's just your assumption of him. Are you a player yourself to know fellow players by looking at them?

'You met him 4months ago and gone out on a few casual dates'. Methinks, you need more than just casual dates to unravel your mystery bf. Your insecurity might cloud your sense of reasoning and responsibility. Chat with him more one-on-one. It will do you more good. Good luck.
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2012
k2039: I can't say if he is a player or not, you only need to think with your brain and not your heart to find that out yourself.

Perfect!
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by DExplorer1: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2012
Young woman, those signs are not the attributes of a player. Don't use your fears to judge that dude because players don't get caught that early.

Don't expect too much from him yet remember your relationship is a newbie. You both can grow to define it, then, both of you can lay down dos and don't with a little compromise. Enjoy your guy omode yii.

1 Like

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by frank317: 6:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
if your mind is telling you its not right, it prolly s not right. dont let fine boy decieve you... tell yourselve that he is just another human stop being too careful.

havent you heard that two can play the game? get into the game and play it with him. the problem with most ladies is that they allow themselves to be played (especially when they see fine boy or rich boy) instead of being a player from their own side of the view.

try on your own to make him rack his brain just the way he has made you stretch your brain and emotions, forget your past or his finess.

1 Like

Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Meegadough: 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
Chill babe, you still have your man.
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 22, 2012
Why do you expect him to put you as a priority when you are not in a relationship yet?
You are using your former boyfriend to judge his case?....
Do what you feel is best...
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Mynd44: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2012
^^
simple
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by aburoburo(f): 9:57pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks guys for your replies...I really appreciate it.
I have used my fears to judge him which is very unfair.
I will give him a chance and allow my brain instead of my heart to take over cheesy

Thanks guys kiss
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Xflint(m): 12:41am On Dec 23, 2012
How does players look? Can u differentiate them? U cant stand on the bank of the river and know how deep the river is. Don't judge a book by its cover.

If your heart doesn't accept him, then let him go.
Re: Am I Just One Of His Many Gfs by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 23, 2012
Whatever u do,keep your legs closedoooooooo!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

"7 Little Things Men Do To Prove Their Love" / Single Ladies Should Protest For Over Single 30+ Years Men / Her New Year Reslution Is To Stop Having Sex, Yet...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.