Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,221 members, 7,910,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:10 AM

HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! (38397 Views)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest / Obi’s Wife Decries HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Anambra / Doctors Worry About HIV/AIDS Prevalence In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Shine1177: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2012
Freewilly: There is no link or soure of this study for all we know the OP created this just to start another tribal war, yet it makes it to the front page of

NL.

For doubting Thomas find the link below:

http://247ureports.com/highest-hivaids-infected-state-in-nigeria-benue-top-the-list/

Remember this has nothing to do with ethnic war or bashing as the DG of NACA (National Agency for the Control of AIDS) Prof. John Idoko is an indigene of Benue State the No.1 on the list.

Let he/she that have ear hear!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Pain(m): 10:38am On Dec 22, 2012
I guess that means more money allocation for benue state. Smart guys! I have always said the statistics for aids is a money making array. This can only be deciphered by those at the top of the pyramid. Let the bashing continue!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Liverpoolfc(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2012
batiatus: i no gree for delta state... the delta state i know should be number 1. warri? maybe others are just worse off.
see you, u think say waffi girl go gree zizy like dt wtout raincoat? Area wise finish.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2012
dabossman:

Hhm, oga! Since when did HIV status become something that people tattoo on their foreheads? Or do you meet people and they say "hi, my name is Dorshima and I'm HIV positive?"

Abeg, no allow me make I vex dis early morrin o!
If the Benue people are primitive and careless about the danger of HIV as the compiler of this statistics want us to believe, then it is safe to assume that they are also 'careless' about the use of anti-retroviral drug. If this is the case-which obviously is not, then there should be people with full blown AIDS around for me to see but I did not see anybody with HIV or AIDS in my over nine (9) years of stay in Benue state. Did I sound too hard for you to understand?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ehispapa(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2012
jude33084:

Edo was high then because UBTH was a regional test centre. People from Delta, Edo, Ondo aŋԂ even parts of Kogi do their testing there. Gombe and Adamawa should be rated high. I once lived in those area. Tangali girls are leg open ready to receive anything lipsrsealed
you are widely traveled, those gals in Gombe cannot stay a day without fhucking, they are the most promiscuous set i have ever seem
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by claremont(m): 10:47am On Dec 22, 2012
HIV prevalence stats are normally derived via sentinel surveys i.e. random HIV testing of pregnant women reporting themselves to antenatal clinics. The assumption here is that women living in the regions to be tested are enlightened and educated enough (which is obviously not the case in most of northern Nigeria) to actually go to antenatal clinics when they are pregnant, because the absence or low turnout of these women will obviously lead to incorrect stats.

I would argue that these stats do NOT give an accurate picture of the prevalence rate, but rather what it actually shows is the level of enlightenment and education amongst the states. The states with the high prevalence are those where people are better enlightened about HIV, they report to antenatal clinics and they regularly check their status. On the other hand, the states with the low prevalence rates are those where HIV enlightenment is yet to penetrate, and women are actively discouraged from going for antenatal.

There is a direct correlation between HIV education and its prevalence i.e. the more educated a community is, the higher the prevalence rate. This is simply because more data is collected from people who decide to report themselves for HIV testing.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ohemmanu: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2012
Blueboy0402: I remembered when I did my NYSC years ago in Apir, a suburb of Makurdi Benue state. As a corper I didnt like the school I was posted and wanted to redeploy but the wife of the principal made me change my mind. This was our conversation:
Wife: corper why you wan leave us nau?
Corper: I'm sorry ma I can't serve in this village.
Wife: anything wey you want we go give you.
Corper: but I can't spend a whole year in this (Apir) place!
Wife: we get fine fine girls for here corper. If your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and... I know say you go enjoy this place.
Corper: (trying to interprete her coded language, "if your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and..."wink ok ma I go stay!

I ended up serving there and indeed it was fun. If given a second chance I'll go back to Apir in Makurdi for my NYSC.
you are not lying,the first day that i reported to my PPA in idada benue with my corper mate,after the discussions with the principal we were going and to my utmost suprise the principal pointing to one of the teachers told my friend 'this is yours' and also showed me another gal and said u can have her.i was shocked and trying to recover when the gal said 'sir,this one small for me'.That was when i knew that i have arrived benue.This is real o
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ohemmanu: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2012
Blueboy0402: I remembered when I did my NYSC years ago in Apir, a suburb of Makurdi Benue state. As a corper I didnt like the school I was posted and wanted to redeploy but the wife of the principal made me change my mind. This was our conversation:
Wife: we get fine fine girls for here corper. If your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and... I know say you go enjoy this place.
Corper: (trying to interprete her coded language, "if your body hot, the girls go bring am come down and..."wink ok ma I go stay!

I ended up serving there and indeed it was fun. If given a second chance I'll go back to Apir in Makurdi for my NYSC.
you are not lying,the first day that i reported to my PPA in idada benue with my corper mate,after the discussions with the principal we were going and to my utmost suprise the principal pointing to one of the teachers told my friend 'this is yours' and also showed me another gal and said u can have her.i was shocked and trying to recover when the gal said 'sir,this one small for me'.That was when i knew that i have arrived benue.This is real o
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by maxibrainz: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2012
The statistics are real i live in Benue state and i can tell you most Benue girls and boys are so promiscous, the see premarital sex as a normal way of life. The married men and women are the worst, the are married but still commit adultery very well, the husband meets his wife with another man in thesame hotel and the woman meets the husband with another woman in thesame hotel, the see themselves smile and greet each other as if nothin happened. Every corner you go there either a hotel or beer parlour and that the bizness most benue people are into and the don't lack customers.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by ignis: 11:19am On Dec 22, 2012
Godjone: u r a big fool! Why not go to benue and witness it urself instead of believing in what ppl say? Idiat!
Must you insult him?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by israel007: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2012
I'm from BENUE.

I be Idoma Boy

FBI Full Blooded Idoma.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Blueboy0402: 11:37am On Dec 22, 2012
Demdem:

When last did u go for HIV testing? I think u need it even now than ever.
Sorry to dissapoint you bro I'm HIV negative. The last time I checked, I've done the test 3 times. Even when I met my fiancee we still went for the test together.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2012
Cori_corde: Of course, there's ONLY ONE WAY to get infected by HIV angry
and that only way is?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
[quote
author=abdulkayus]

dat was den in d days, bt its lyk it no more happen. Dey hav discard dat
tradition.
Sorry to tell you but tradition still lives on and is still very steady
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by drdexter: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
maxibrainz: The statistics are real i live in Benue state and i can tell you most Benue girls and boys are so promiscous, the see premarital sex as a normal way of life. The married men and women are the worst, the are married but still commit adultery very well, the husband meets his wife with another man in thesame hotel and the woman meets the husband with another woman in thesame hotel, the see themselves smile and greet each other as if nothin happened. Every corner you go there either a hotel or beer parlour and that the bizness most benue people are into and the don't lack customers.

This is absolutely true. I once dated an Idoma girl (a Medical Dr) who later got married but kept on pestering me that I should take her on vacation. I just couldn’t comprehend it.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Olumogun: 12:14pm On Dec 22, 2012
WHY IS ABUJA NOT INCLUDED IN THIS REPORT?
I AM SURE THE STATISTIC WILL BE HIGH THERE TOO.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by nollywood20: 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2012
Benue and Akwa Ibom girls can really fork.
They do it shamelessly.
Sometimes I wonder if they are normal or sick.
Five sisters can sleep with the same guy in Benue and it is not a secret.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
drdexter:

This is absolutely true. I once dated an Idoma girl (a Medical Dr) who later got married but kept on pestering me that I should take her on vacation. I just couldn’t comprehend it.
With your 9.5 inch-long anaconda and your sharp shooting skills, why ur ex no go dey pester u with request for a vacation? LOL
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by nollywood20: 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
Yoruba girls are more disciplined than Igbo girls.
I am speaking from experience.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by odehaj: 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2012

omo get a life joor!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
abdulkayus:

dat was den in d days, bt its lyk it no more happen. Dey hav discard dat tradition. Bt sincerely speakin, benue ppl are very promiscious. Dem dey Zap steady and HIV is high there. If u go there, u will c many grave yard of ppl dat die of AIDS, dat is y Corpers are always warn wen dey are posted to serve in Benue. Benue gals sabi open legs EASILY and are good in bed. Bt there are still decent ones sha
your head dey there! i also served there too .by God`s grace i still dey. they fine die no b small.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by gudnex22(m): 1:37pm On Dec 22, 2012
teeo:

Tuface koo blackface nii.

Benue, that husband would use wife to entertain guests. No bad feelings but when a lady tells me she is from Benue, i think twice.

n
Not all part of Benue but the TIV people.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2012
unongu:

I don't know what state of mind and which side of your mouth you used to make that conspiracy assertion on Benue. When people sit and conjour theories and your likes thrive on it so much as to quote it in a reputable public site like nairaland, I weep for the mentality trait of your likes. Wake up and face reality rather than living on cock and bull stories that are concocted out of envy and jealousy.

LMAO, biko what wld i jealous and envy in that red sand state of urs called Benue.

Abeg comot for my face if u no get anything to talk.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by gudnex22(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2012
nollywood20: Yoruba girls are more disciplined than Igbo girls.
I am speaking from experience.

Yoruba girls wey no dey stingy na dem u d compare with Igbo girls
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by danny301: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2012
maxibrainz: The statistics are real i live in Benue state and i can tell you most Benue girls and boys are so promiscous, the see premarital sex as a normal way of life. The married men and women are the worst, the are married but still commit adultery very well, the husband meets his wife with another man in thesame hotel and the woman meets the husband with another woman in thesame hotel, the see themselves smile and greet each other as if nothin happened. Every corner you go there either a hotel or beer parlour and that the bizness most benue people are into and the don't lack customers.

Where exactly do you stay in benue state and how many local govts out of the 23 local govts in benue state have you been to?... Do you know how many ethnic groups make up benue state and what there cultural beliefs are? I have been to more than 15 states in Nigeria and i can tell you that to rate benue as the most promiscuous state just because of the paper statistics or because you are staying in one rough corner in makurdi is wrong. There are ethnic groups in benue where the culture demands that a married woman has no intimacy with any other man lest her husband or first son or even her dies.... The statistic says benue is 1st in the list of hiv in benue state, i have nothing against that because many factors can be responsible for any given statistics which makes paper statistics different from realities on ground but to say that benue is the most promiscuous state in Nigeria is not true.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Zico0(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
The igbo people have no regards for other tribe. And they are wont to use people yl they protect their own.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Dranatomy: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2012
That statistic should be reviewed....I Strongly render it INVALID and OUTDATED!
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by BetaThings: 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2012
Burger01:

Firstly, I am not tribalistic.
Secondly, I meant 90% of northerners (from the cohort of southerners) tested became reactive. The figure is just a subset of the whole of southerners..
That is what I find strange. Now what is the equivalent figure for Southerners (from the same cohort of Southerners)
My point is that if 90% of Northerners living in the South test +ve
Where did such a large number get it from?
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by Blueboy0402: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
odehaj: omo get a life joor!
You quoted my entire coment just to write "omo get a life joor!" I thought you were going to type something more intelectual, engaging and constructive so that we will take it up from there. Now that I know your type, I wont waste my precious MB replying a charlatan because doing that is akin to giving what is meant for humans to the dog.
Re: HIV Prevalence In Nigeria By States! by mu2sa2: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2012
BinghiNya: hiv prevalent in christian states oh jesus
It's a paradox: while chritianity abhors sex outside marriage, christians everywhere indulge in it like mad. Shall we call them hypocrites?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mentally Unstable Nigerian Man In Indian Market / Fake Doctor Performed Over 500 Surgeries & Caused 46 Deaths Before Arrest- DSS / Orile-Agege Hospital Injects Patient With Formalin During Surgery, Crippling Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.