Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,560 members, 7,914,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:51 AM

Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row (16871 Views)

EFCC Commences Investigation Into Sambo's Office / ‎Boko Haram: Israel Steps Into The Fight / Imo State Is Owing Me N16billion - Okorocha To Workers Demanding Their 13 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: It is obvious that the president doesn't even know much about the N16billion Sambo's residence contract. For this same issue, the 'retardinhos' have attacked, abused and cursed GEJ. Do we really expect one man to know everything and be involved in everything? As far as I'm concerned, there are institutions and those institutions should do their work and where they fail, all attacks should be directed at them, not an 'omnipresent' president. In this case, where the contract sum appears too high, the senate committee should do their work(which they'r already doing), the budget office, ministry of office and other parties concerned in the project should also do their work. Where foul play is suspected, the law should take its course.
But I completely understand the retardinhos. It is always convenient for them to blame everything on an 'omnipresent' president so as to score cheap political points
. My Friend,look into a mirror.Spit on it.YOU are working for BLOOD money.One day u gonna pay.Same for the other 39 lappy dawgs.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by aljharem(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2012
taharqa: Which of d National budgets plz?
can you be more intelligent

So which account does this debt go to ? Sambo or Nigeria ? Does Sambo have 16 billion naira and even if he does, would he use it on just one house ?

Sectoral Allocations In The 2012 Budget Proposal (major points)

Security = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N921.91 billion;
Power = = = = = = = = == == = = = = = = = = = = = 161.42 billion
Works = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N180.8 billion
Education (excluding Universal Basic Education Commission, Petroleum
Technology Development Trust Fund (PTDF) & Education Trust Fund] ===== = = = = = = = = = N400.15 billion
Health = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N282.77 billion
Agriculture And Rural Development = = = = = = = N78.98 billion.
Water Resources = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =N39 billion
Petroleum Resources = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =N59.66 billion
Aviation = = = = == = = = = = = == = = = = = = = = N49.23 billion
Transport = = = = = = = = = = = = = = == = = = = = N54.83 billion
Lands And Housing = = = = = = = == = = = = = = = N26.49 billion
Science And Technology = = = = = = = = = = = = = N30.84 billion
Niger Delta = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = N59.72 billion
Federal Capital Territory Administration = = = = = N45.57 billion
Communications Technology = = = = = = = = = = = N18.31 billion.

Minor points aka just for Aso rock o !!! Take note

Refreshments ==================== 835.5 million naira

Eye glass ==================== 1.5 million naira

travelling ================== 15.9 billion naira

http://www.vanguardngr.com/?option=com_content&task=view&id=1774&Itemid=0

Generator ================= 100 million naira

Meals ================ 1 billion naira

Party after election ============= 2.2 billion naira

Fuel ============== 18.4 billion naira

Garden =========== 1.2 billion naira#

So my brother 16 billion on house for vp is not too much grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by onatisi(m): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Budget office and ministry of finance in conjunction with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of govt PREPARES the budget PROPOSAL. The budget proposal goes thru the NASS. It is after the budget has gone thru and APPROVED by the NASS, that it goes back to the executive, first to the BPP and finally thru FEC, where the president and ministers will deliberate and approve the contract.
i think you are wrong in this area, the fg prepares the budgets ,the presidents present the budget to the senate and reps for debate and approval , it is after this the amended budget proposal is not sent back to the president to sign which then makes it legal , so gej must have had time to deliberate about this 16billion naira project for his vp.what must have happened was that they wold have thought that Nigerians wont react the way they are reacting
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by aljharem(m): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Which one comes first- NASS approval or FEC? It is only budgets that have gone thru and approved by NASS that can considered by FEC?

And who are these NASS, are they not majority PDP ? Why would our vp even consider such Budget at the first place ?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Mexyz(m): 10:43am On Dec 22, 2012
Omo tier, u jst exhibitd ur childish characters. I wl advice u leave d stage of lack of self awareness nd mve to self awareness cos u re guilty of Argyris theory of personality develpmnt. Ur social learning theory is very poor,control ur thought nd acts.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Rhapsody1(f): 10:45am On Dec 22, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Bros, you fall my hand big time. How can our president not know about the cost of Sambos residence?
See, I am a no nonsense man, read my posts I praise you when you list some of GEJ achievements, but in this case he deserves to be slapped and I am not going to support evil.

Even in my family I flog my wife when she trash talks our house girl or anyone else, I dont support evil bc you are my friend, father, brother, wife or whatever. I praise people when they are praise worthy. You are like those peeps who has been brain washed by their pastors and GO's. Not long ago a popular Nigerian pastor slapped his church member in public and his church member's still support him till date. Even if this pastor rapes 200 women in his church ignorant foools will still find reason to support him, its a shame.

In this particular bruhaha GEJ has phucked up and again I will repeat that all of them involved needs to be slapped 200 times or bath naked in public.
Not to derail the thread, but I really want to believe the bolded was an exaggeration. Otherwise, bros you fall my hand o.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by aljharem(m): 10:46am On Dec 22, 2012
Mexyz: Omo tier, u jst exhibitd ur childish characters. I wl advice u leave d stage of lack of self awareness nd mve to self awareness cos u re guilty Argyris theory of personality develpmnt. Your social learning theory is very poor,control ur thought nd acts.

can you erase this trash please. angry angry

our leaders are talking and stealing of billions like it is nothing and you are here typing trash.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 22, 2012
GARRI (x7):
When those under GEJ succeed, @s1lly9gerian will as us to thank GEJ, but when they fail, GEJ becomes ignorant of what happened..
There is a big difference between the vision of the head of govt, manifested in policies and programmes on one hand and flip flops or mis-deeds of one agency, institution or persons in govt. The head of govt personally owns the vision, policies and programmes of his govt. For instance,the transformation in the rail sector is happening because the president wants it. The privatisation and other reforms in the power sector are what the president wants. As a leader, you know WHAT you want and WHO to put WHERE to make it happen. GEJ wanted a cleaner election and went for Jega. If he wanted otherwise, he would have gone for Chief Bode George
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by easyfem(m): 10:50am On Dec 22, 2012
Anybody that support this man or that said gej is not aware of this budget is a big FOOL.. All this bouguest is there before .. Y are rebuilding anoda one 4 cry out loud ɑ̤̥̈̊и̲̮̣̥̅̊∂ one idiot will come up here to surport it ... May b N̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊ dem parent D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ feel dem sha... D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ don't really knw aw common man suffer.. Hope U̶̲̥̅̊ aware that bread has cost again huh... Son of a bitch.... We need a resolution
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by realborn(m): 10:52am On Dec 22, 2012
unbelievable news really.

7bn to build a freaking official residence for the VP, and thereafter, 9bn variation for fit out, ancillary facilities and security gadgets

This is extremely inhumane and outrightly inappropriate.

The original contract sum is grossly inflated whilst the proposed variance insults our collective intelligence as a nation.

To this end, in accordance with the freedom of information bill, I suggest the Executive make public or upload the construction drawings of the purported residence for remeasurement, evaluation, estimation and audit by astute professionals who represent the respective construction professional bodies to ascertain the real cost of this executive accommodation which when completed will make the President himself envious. I can bet that the whole contract is blown out over and above 70%. sad sad
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Mexyz(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2012
U can all bark 4rm nw tl 2mao,ur opinion myt nt count at d end of d day,cos these guys knw d way to settle themselves. Stay here on nl nd continue barkn wen u knw next to notn abt ur environment,if d govt is bad,wat re u doin to chnge it?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Kamanda: . My Friend,look into a mirror.Spit on it.YOU are working for BLOOD money.One day u gonna pay.Same for the other 39 lappy dawgs.
Face the issue and stop attacking persons. We must not agree on issues. The N16billion for veepee residence is obviously high. But my point is that there are institutions created to ensure that doesn't happen and they should DO THEIR JOB.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by aljharem(m): 10:55am On Dec 22, 2012
Mexyz: U can all bark 4rm nw tl 2mao,ur opinion myt nt count at d end of d day,cos these guys knw d way to settle themselves. Stay here on nl nd continue barkn wen u knw next to notn abt ur environment,if d govt is bad,wat re u doin to chnge it?

ture grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by aljharem(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Face the issue and stop attacking persons. We must not agree on issues. The N16billion for veepee residence is obviously high. But my point is that there are institutions created to ensure that doesn't happen and they should DO THEIR JOB.

like which one Sincere Nigerian ? NASS and co ? or what
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by onatisi(m): 10:56am On Dec 22, 2012
i guess the preparation for 2015 election has started , and everyone is busy preparing his or her own financial war arsenal, well goodluck to them all.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 22, 2012
Kamanda: . My Friend,look into a mirror.Spit on it.YOU are working for BLOOD money.One day u gonna pay.Same for the other 39 lappy dawgs.
Face the issue and stop attacking persons. We must not agree on issues. The N16billion for veepee residence is obviously high. But my point is that there are institutions created to ensure that doesn't happen and they should DO THEIR JOB. And if they fail or engages in fraud, the law should take its course on the heads of such institutions. Mr president is not omnipresent and ALL-KNOWING
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by vislabraye(m): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2012
Na wa O. A house that initially cost 7billion, how did it now increase by 9billion
I don't see the logic. So is the fence and furniture more expensive that the house itself?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by earthgreeners(m): 11:03am On Dec 22, 2012
gidiMonsta: You're a retar.d, what's OBJ's business with this? The contract was awarded in 2009 when GEJ was VP! There's no way he doesn't know about this.

7+9 Billion likes
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2012
Ricky_Ross:

Bros, you fall my hand big time. How can our president not know about the cost of Sambos residence?
See, I am a no nonsense man, read my posts I praise you when you list some of GEJ achievements, but in this case he deserves to be slapped and I am not going to support evil.

Even in my family I flog my wife when she trash talks our house girl or anyone else, I dont support evil bc you are my friend, father, brother, wife or whatever. I praise people when they are praise worthy. You are like those peeps who has been brain washed by their pastors and GO's. Not long ago a popular Nigerian pastor slapped his church member in public and his church member's still support him till date. Even if this pastor rapes 200 women in his church ignorant foools will still find reason to support him, its a shame.

In this particular bruhaha GEJ has phucked up and again I will repeat that all of them involved needs to be slapped 200 times or bath naked in public.
We dont have to agree on all issues. I make my analysis and take position on issue by issue bases. I dont have to follow the crowd. I want the best out of every situation but at the same time, I always try to be REALISTIC and SINCERE. That is the difference I bring to NL.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Face the issue and stop attacking persons. We must not agree on issues. The N16billion for veepee residence is obviously high. But my point is that there are institutions created to ensure that doesn't happen and they should DO THEIR JOB. And if they fail or engages in fraud, the law should take its course on the heads of such institutions. Mr president is not omnipresent and ALL-KNOWING

I agree that as a leader sometimes people under you may derail your mission. In such cases, when you find out, you sack them PUBLICLY for the embarrassment, and put other workers in check.Now...you and I know that the Presidents record for sacking erring underlings is virtually zero. Despite the fact that majority of ministries and agencies are under performing.

That aside, the exorbitant expenditure is very much in character with GEJ. It's not like we are talking about a frugal president here. GEJ is the guy that allocated 1 billion naira a year to feeding and entertainment in Aso Rock. His government has not led by example in cost cutting. You don't expect those under him to be frugal when their Oga is spend crazy.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by earthgreeners(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2012
Is silly9gerian trying to confirm the fact that GEJ is Retardeen?..
GEJ - the Ignoramus
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2012
for all these basket fingers on nairaland, 16bn is not much for vp residence. It is supposed to meet 21st century standard. Its better they spend money to construct it now than coming in future to tell us that they want to construct a new one cause the old one lack taste. Remember the aso rock banquet house stuff.
Moreover, these building belongs to Nigeria and not to sambo, one day it may house somebody.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2012
It seems that the chief executive position in Nigeria (the Presidency) is the only job in the world where you can sign for money and claim not to know about it later?

@sincerenigerian should please tell us if he would take that excuse from a man he hired to oversee his family company.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by earthgreeners(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian: I always try to be REALISTIC and SINCERE. That is the difference I bring to NL.

You mean IGNORANT and SILLY
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by ypzilanti: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2012
jchime: for all these basket fingers on nairaland, 16bn is not much for vp residence. It is supposed to meet 21st century standard. Its better they spend money to construct it now than coming in future to tell us that they want to construct a new one cause the old one lack taste. Remember the aso rock banquet house stuff.
Moreover, these building belongs to Nigeria and not to sambo, one day it may house somebody.

Why 21st century? Why not 31st century? There are such houses, you know. The point is priorities, my friend...priorities.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by earthgreeners(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2012
jchime: for all these basket fingers on nairaland, 16bn is not much for vp residence. It is supposed to meet 21st century standard. Its better they spend money to construct it now than coming in future to tell us that they want to construct a new one cause the old one lack taste. Remember the aso rock banquet house stuff.

It's not about who owns the building, but the amount they would steal from the contract of that building
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by postemail: 11:27am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Bro, those institutions would never do their job because they are all of the same bloodline: corruption. You think senate will fault the allocation process? No! These rep-niggas would never call "kettle" black. What's the difference between 'em w@nkers sitting on their butt allday on bonuses at senate and the fatfuks at Aso who spend a billion on toothpick?
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Drfox(m): 11:30am On Dec 22, 2012
In a country full of poverty,hunger and unemployment, yet there are using N9billion just for funiture,fence,quarters and security gadgets. God will reward u all for this wickedness and maltreatment on innocent nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Tolexander: 11:32am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Budget office and ministry of finance in conjunction with relevant ministries, departments and agencies of govt PREPARES the budget PROPOSAL. The budget proposal goes thru the NASS. It is after the budget has gone thru and APPROVED by the NASS, that it goes back to the executive, first to the BPP and finally thru FEC, where the president and ministers will deliberate and approve the contract.
the budget is a prepared expenses for a period of time by the various federal ministries headed and screened by the appropriate ministers, an executive arm of goverment. The ministers then show the budget proposal to the president for screening. Then the ministers through the budget committee, and the finance ministry sits to determine the financial and monetary evaluation and implication of the budget proposal if it can be met, reduced or jettisoned. After the screening the budget is then returned to the executives headed by the president for final assay. The executives will now send the budget proposal to the legislative to deliberate on before naw returning to the president to sign.
Can he sign what he hasn't gone through? Budget is not a script that can be written for the president as you have said.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Tolexander: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Leemak: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2012
16Billion naira house for just one family with our money? Ha!!!.......and you are pitying them for plane, helicopter,private jet crash.......they just started with air-accidents.
Re: Jonathan Steps Into Sambo’s N16billion Residence Contract Row by Maidamma: 11:34am On Dec 22, 2012
Mr sincere 9gerian whot is ur problem? You want to defend all ur critics dat shows u r weak anyways you shld know by now dat the country problem is bigger dan u, me and the entire citizens.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dieziani Loot: Jonathan Has Questions To Answer‎ – Festus Keyamo / Beggars In Kano State Return To Streets / JTF Kill Top Boko-Haram Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.