Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,130 members, 7,933,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:45 PM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31755 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2012
Everybody have the free will to choose a religion. Freedom of Religion. The lady in America can become a muslim and should live freely. Also the lady in Turkey, saudi arabia, iran, pakistan, mali, iraq and other muslim country or even a multi religious nation like Nigeria can becme a christian without persecution,barnishment from his people. We should learn to be tolerant of each other. Muslims and christians should learn to live together in peace or die alone
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 10:30am On Dec 26, 2012
Psylas: Jesus is Lord God! Dats y xtians n muslims ain't sharin d same God

Liar, show me a verse in the bible that says jesus in God!!!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by babestella: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2012
tbaba1234: I was thinking of starting a thread on the strangest revert stories, I guess id just put them here:

i. First guy to comment on an Islamic youtube video, debates with muslims on youtube for pages and pages. Similar to some Nairaland guys. All of a sudden, there was a break... The next time, he was heard from, he had taken his shahada. Why? He said that he read the last sermon of the prophet on mount Arafat. He knew the prophet could not have been a liar. Took his shahada, became muslim.

Don't give up hope on people. The strangest people can become muslim.

ii. Atheist, fond of going to religious (muslim) events to debate with the speakers e.t.c. Once he went to an event where a sheik (can't remember the name now) was speaking, as usual he gets up to address the speaker. The speaker gives him a gem from the Quran that stumped him. He wanted to prove it wrong so he kept researching and researching to prove it wrong. He couldn't. According to him, he literally submitted in the real sense of the word.

Even the most obnoxious people could also see the truth.

iii. Gang member, gets into a fight with his mother... runs to the library because he felt that was the only place the police will not look for him. Picks up any book to read from the shelf, He happened to pick a translated copy of the Quran. In the library, He read the whole of the Quran and according to him : I was not reading it, it was reading me. He took his shahada and became muslim.

Allah guides whom he wills, even the worst of the worst can be guided.

iv. Wall street woman from Japan, walks to a muslim store where a muslim man was playing the recitation of the Quran . She was enchanted by it and asked : what kind of music it was?. Man tells her it was the Quranic recitation. She asked where she can get them. Man directs her to the store, she goes there, picks a copy of the translated Quran. Reads it, takes shahada. She quit wall-street and became the principal of an Islamic school started by Nouman Ali khan.

Allah is the best of planners, Nothing happens accidentally.

v. Another man from wall street, reads up on the Islamic economic system and take shahada. Didn't listen to a long lecture or read the Quran. He said that the Islamic system is too ethical not to be from God. That was all.

Allah has given us the best way to live our lives ethically... Some of us do not even acknowledge the favour.

vi. Christian youth minister, studies the bible in hebrew. Too many questions unanswered by christianity. He lost his faith in christianity , once he went to the mosque, took a copy of the Quran. All the dots were connected for him, all the things he read in the bible finally added up. He took his shahada. He is currently one of the famous proponents of Islam in the US.

Sometimes, all you need is a proper intellectual study to become muslim.

More stories to come, InshaAllah

Allah has given us the best way to live our lives ethically... Some of us do not even acknowledge the favour.

vi. Christian youth minister, studies the bible in hebrew. Too many questions unanswered by christianity. He lost his faith in christianity , once he went to the mosque, took a copy of the Quran. All the dots were connected for him, all the things he read in the bible finally added up. He took his shahada. He is currently one of the famous proponents of Islam in the US.

Mr. Poster, I refer to your paragraph above.

Note: the Bible answers all questions about humanity and how we should live our lives according to the WILL of God Almighty.

I don't know where you got your " so many questions unanswered by Christianity". One thing I can tell you is that God doesn't want us to go about asking HIM questions, HE only wants us to believe in HIM. The Bible says that "whosoever believeth in the HIM shall have eternal life" so what answer are you looking for again? What questions are you asking God?

Just believe in GOD and you will have peace in your mind and peace will be upon this earth, violence will stop, love will flourish for we exist and live everyday by HIS GRACE, no man can live on his own.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by maclatunji: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Ile-Ife:

[size=15pt]Evil? Guy, don't flatter yourself. You and so many (true) muslims out there (on this forum) are just phony and despicable. In your small mind now, you have spoilt Christmas for Christians. lol[/size]

Hehehe, your delusion is grand!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2012
Nonybb: If its not a religious CULT, why is it that ppl are killed when they want to voluntarily leave and join some other religion as well? Why are ppl killed in apostasy in arab countries? Islam is a scam and a deception and most muslims are under the bondage of religion. To turn and join islam is the worst backward movement ever

Christianity is the ultimate deception

http://archive.org/download/TheArrivalsRevised/TheArrivalsPt.36theStoryOfJesus_512kb.mp4
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by vanstanzy(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2012
miiraaj:
Which of the christ, The Sun god?

http://archive.org/download/TheArrivalsRevised/TheArrivalsPt.37theSunGod_512kb.mp4

There u go n u want me 2 value ur so-called Phd Mohammed. Funny!!!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by donsax: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2012
Let her convert to that islam ten times if she like......not even slightly jealous ......heaven is not even enough to contain us true christian.....I don't wanna. Share a Room with no one in heaven....we need few people there mtcheeew.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by BetaThings: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2012
Hasino2258: '.... brainless animal like u quran has been written for thousand years and no verse have been omitted but for bible am s sure d one dat ur read are aba made bible I can asure u have never read d real bible. ur pastor even dou he has came across it he will never share it do is fellow brainless animal like u for his selfish interest to buy private jet and personal interest so jerk ass like u open ur dying eyes and find d truth abt quran and bible I bet u will b the next person to convert to islam
Salaam
We don't call people brainless or animal. Please let us not descend to their level
The Quran asks us to appeal to wisdom and beautiful speech
The Quran is infallible. And we both know we can only apply wisdom and beautiful speech to human beings, not brainless animal!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 10:41am On Dec 26, 2012
vanstanzy:

There u go n u want me 2 value ur so-called Phd Mohammed. Funny!!!

I just want you to give me a good reason why I should worship Jesus
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2012
Alajiki:

1. Only an unserious Muslim will copy anything from Xtiandom. You can Google Quran chapter 112. Just read all the 4 verses; it's not lengthy
2. If it's an open air preaching, yes it's on chairs. if it's inside the mosque, everybody sits on the floor. The pulpit you mentioned is a figment of your imagination. Whoever stands in public to speak and quotes from sources, be it religious or literary, needs a stand to place his books/materials - I don't see when that becomes a 'Xtian thing'.
3. Night vigil?! Quote a bible verse where night vigil was done by Jesus. I can give you several verses in Quran where God Himself enjoins Muslims to hold Tahjud (night vigil)
4. When did preaching in the bus become a 'copyright' issue for Xtians? For all I care, even Ogboni man can do the same...or is there anywhere in the constitution where it's stated that open air preaching, including the ones in buses, be solely for Xtians?
5. It's pathetic that you resorted to complete falsehood to express your disdain for Islam, it's a known fact that the use of fire crackers is outlawed, whether during Xmas or any other period. Purporting that Muslims now use fire crackers at Sallah periods is not only laughable but also depicts you as a desperate, lying religious bigot.

Israel is one of the reference point for Xtianity today...corretct? The population of Muslims in Israel is almost times 10 of Xtians -Google it to check the veracity of my claims. One of the 3 sacred mosques in Islam is in Jerusalem - it's called Al-Aqsa mosque. Ask your brethren who have been to Jerusalem to tell you the truth about their experiences there. I find it laughable when people come to this platform to rant about what they know nothing about...this usually affect people like you who have never left the shores of Nigeria. Despite all the conspiracies against Islam -Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda et al, Islam still remains the fastest-growing religion in the world today. You can also Google this to check. You displeasures about people coming into Islam is vain and it won't stop others, including your parents and siblings, from becoming Muslims tomorrow if God wills.

mehn u ar making my peace get exhausted wid ur blabbings, which one is quote wer night vigil is in the bible, hav u heard of the transfiguration of christ? Was he dancing azonto dat night, b4 christ was arrested ie b4 he was crucified, wat wer dey doin dat night, wen jesus walked on water, wer was he coming from? i've been avoiding 2 comment on this thread but itz like d beefing spirit is returning
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bright007(f): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2012
Red-Light:
why u bloody christians no dey want muslim topic on frontpage? Shey na only u people dem create nairaland 4? What kinda intolerance be dis na? See as them they flex muscle self mtchew angry
....see who is crying over intolerance!...Now look take a deep look at intolerance
(1)The reason why the islamic section was created~because u guys couldn't tolerate other religions
(2)A muslim can live freely in a place dominated by christianity and other religion but others cant do same in place dominated by muslims.An exanple is Nigeria where you have killings everyday in d North(largely dominated by muslims) and the South is peaceful(largely dominated by xtians)
(3)Many a times Jesus's image and personality has been drawn in d mud but xtians have never used that as a reason for violence~~same cant be said of islam which seizes the slightest opportunity to behead anyone that accuses its prophet.
The examples of islam characteristic intolerance are numerous
And have become synonymous with the religion.So don't try calling others what you are known for.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 26, 2012
The bible said it in proverbs 14:12 that "There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is the way of death".
This is telling us about religion that claim to serve the Almighty God but they go in the wrong way doing so.
Islam is all about SHOW THEM THE TRUE GOD AND MISLEAD THEM. That is why is looks as if muslim and christain are serving the same God. Islam show them the true God but mislead them in to serving a stone, moon, star ,the the likes. Every thing about islam is just a camouflag. Think my muslim brothers and go the right way which is to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by BetaThings: 10:48am On Dec 26, 2012
Christians, please make up your minds?
Do thousands convert from Islam to Christianity (although if true, I am yet to see the effect on national integrity)
or do people get killed for converting from Islam (please let us have photos)

Why should "Holy Ghost" and "Shiloh" programmes appear on the FP and news about Islam should not?
Where is your tolerance? When you are all over this place, attacking and abusing muslims, how will I believe that you guys truly turn the other cheek?

agabasam: Funny muslim....we get thousand converts to xtianity 4r d darkness of islam..bt we dnt fuse abt it...bt we bliv dt heaven rejoices.....

seunlayi: Very good point, your point one is the root of all this religious problem we are having today. I wonder how this story makes it to the frontpage of Nairaland. Do you know how many muslims that got converted through the recently concluded Retreat of my church? Do you know how many that got converted in other places in various xmas programmes? A tactical propaganda indeed

topatee: I dont have any problem with anybody converting from one faith to another, my crux is why becoming violent and forcefull when another convert fron Islam into Xtian Faith

luluosas:
No matter how hard you tried to paint ISLAM as the 'only' religion, you are dead wrong. Yes, a former Christian can convert to Islam without any form trouble but, when a former Muslim do converts to Christianity, hell is let loosed as you people (Muslims) go all out to kill that person.

4 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by teniyi(m): 10:48am On Dec 26, 2012
odehaj: What?!!Are you saying that Adam,Noah,Abraham,Moses..even Jesus were moslems?Let me ask you, The Bible & qu'ran which one came first??...some massive brainwashing here smh..if you have The Bible (moslems claim they have multiple translations),go to Luke 3:23-38 then Matthew 1:1-25 you will see the genealogy of Jesus Truth is Truth!
Oga you are funny, I hope ignorant won't kill you. If you are familiar with muslims literatures, its always emphasis that the people you mentioned are muslims.
Secondly, what type of genealogy are you talking about? The one in Luke is contradictory with that of Mathew.
Its grotesque to manufacture genealogy for the one that is without father.
Finally, Islam is a submission to God's will, so the mentioned people are all said to be Muslim.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by teniyi(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2012
searay: And this is the opposite
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Christianity_from_Islam http://mobile.wnd.com/2012/07/book-200000-muslims-convert-to-christianity/

Here is your reply. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Islam_from_Christianity
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by teniyi(m): 10:57am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: My pastor was imam in kogi before then what? Have u forgot that iran was affraid to see her citizens celebrating valentine .
Valentine has a lot of evil built in it. Its not an Iranian Issue.
Even a Nigerian christian also criticised it.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2012
rajiade:

How about Matthew 7:22-23, christians would rot in hell after being denied buy Jesus there so called saviour.
ok so u agreed ie y u didn't deny d one said about islam
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2012
Hasino2258: '.... brainless animal like u quran has been written for thousand years and no verse have been omitted but for bible am s sure d one dat ur read are aba made bible I can asure u have never read d real bible. ur pastor even dou he has came across it he will never share it do is fellow brainless animal like u for his selfish interest to buy private jet and personal interest so jerk ass like u open ur dying eyes and find d truth abt quran and bible I bet u will b the next person to convert to islam
you must have paid an enormous amount of money in a special center to get an e8 in waec
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by nagoma(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2012
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?

No. You can become a Muslim anytime you want. Nothing to do with your birth.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2012
BetaThings: Christians, please make up your minds?
Do thousands convert from Islam to Christianity (although if true, I am yet to see the effect on national integrity)
or do people get killed for converting from Islam (please let us have photos)

Why should "Holy Ghost" and "Shiloh" programmes appear on the FP and news about Islam should not?
Where is your tolerance? When you are all over this place, attacking and abusing muslims, how will I believe that you guys truly turn the other cheek?

Abeg bross,tell dem ooo! That's y I keep saying that the NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN is the MOST BIASED person on EARTH
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2012
See religion! Peeps are calling themselves names, brainless, idiot, nerds, stewwpid, gay, eeddiat. O ga o..
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2012
rajiade:

Must you spam b4 u pass your info across?
That shows how desperate you are about showing islam/muslims in bad light.

But its unfortunate, all ur efforts would be in vain because Jesus for whom u are doing all these would certainly deny u and condemn you to hell. Read Matthew 7:22-23.

Sorry!
but y una dey prefer 2 wash una john thomas wid dat little water in d little kettle to bathing b4 goin 2 pray, who knows how much scabies and body odour wey go dey 4 una prayer ground
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by teniyi(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: When lion kill dog is not a news but when vlce versa happen is an head line.check out iraq and afghanistan have witness mass convertion to xtian and see why they were not slaves but children of living God through jesus the messiah

The Dog killing Lion may not be understood by you yet, see here en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Islam_from_Christianity

Then your American Crusaders in the name of Christianity were in Iraq to spread their evil, not withstanding, it still won't work.
Why is it that its mainly poor and troubled people that convert to christianity? Hiding at the back of materialism to convert people. This is why it won't apply to all.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by igbeke: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2012
talk2me006: i just pray christian should not hav hypertension here.
far be it!
i used 2 liv @ ejigbo in lagos state, in a big compound of face2face houses. majority of d tenants were muslims. but 4 d few yrs i spent dere, and tru our housefellowship service, dey ALL converted 2 christianity.
i relocated 2 bdg & liv in an estate where we had a lot of muslims 2. 2day, we hav less dan 5 muslim households.
u c, christians dont make noise cos we kno dat soulwinning biz is of d LORD JESUS.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by gidiMonsta(m): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2012
Why do NL xtians wet their pants whenever they see a topic about Islam on FP? Its ok for y'all to litter the FP with Oyedepo nonsense but its a crime for muslims to talk about their religion? Talk about double standards!

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bukatyne(f): 11:08am On Dec 26, 2012
maclatunji:

You tell that to yourself very often to make that lie look good.grin

"Mary's born child Jesus Christ was born on Christmas day
And men will live forever more because of Christmas day."

Do you know how many millions of children that are taught to sing that song every year? You don't "choose" a date to lie about a person's birth. tongue

It is warped logic like yours that you seek to present as your defence for Christanity that is driving people away from the religion. tongue tongue tongue

You can't build truth on deceit! tongue
I don't know wat's so difficult to understand in my post or the truth i am building on deceit. the day Jesus was born was not important: we are celebrating the reason of His birth! that God so so loved d world so so much that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him Shall not perish but have everlasting life! Christmas and Easter reminds us of that. It's not our business if it was 1st Jan or Aug 13th. D date doesn't change d fact of Salvation.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by BetaThings: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2012
bright007: ....see who is crying over intolerance!...Now look take a deep look at intolerance
(1)The reason why the islamic section was created~because u guys couldn't tolerate other religions
(2)A muslim can live freely in a place dominated by christianity and other religion but others cant do same in place dominated by muslims
(3)Many a times Jesus's image and personality has been drawn in d mud but xtians have never used that as a reason for violence~~same cant be said of islam which seizes the slightest opportunity to behead anyone that accuses its prophet.
The examples of islam characteristic intolerance are numerous
And have become synonymous with the religion.So don't try calling others what you are known for.

Untrue! Please go through the posts and see who is attacking the other

BetaThings:
Show me a thread where you are called infidel by muslims to justify your assertion that "they quick to call people infidel"
Actually it is more correct to request Christians to leave Muslims alone. If you doubt it, I CHALLENGE you to bring 3 threads where muslims abuse and use derogatory words on Christians, I will match it with 15 threads where Christians abuse Muslims. If you wish, we can continue the exchange with that ratio of 1:5

The idea of Christians living in peace is a myth
Yes, you don't get angry when Jesus (PBUH) is abused. But you do when your pastors are insulted.
People have been advised to ignore those who attack the Prophet (PBUH). But you have to understand human beings
If I came up to a Christian and abused his father, he might or might not give me a black eye (no matter what his dad says).
Same goes for the issue of religion. Note that Muslims (Christians) are expected to love Muhammad (PBUH) (Jesus, PBUH) more than their dads
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2012
adaybayor:

See idiot telling me I'm quick to insult, must you insult others intelligence by spewing rubbish?
dat spit of violence spat into Ur mouth which hav saturated ur blood and runs 2ru ur veins will always manifest in what ever way no matter how you try to pretend. islam is truly a religion of peace
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2012
misterh: . The height of hypocrisy is when people go to the politics section to blame PDP for Boko Haram, (which i believe is correct) but will post in an Islam related topic to blame the same on Islam. My friend, Islam transcends recitation of the Quran. What is the essence of reciting the Quran, if you don't know the meaning? Moreover, the fact that some Muslims act in a particular way DOESN'T mean Islam rcognises that. If you wanna understand pristine Islam, understand the Quran and the Hadith. Don't base your judgement on actions of Muslims.
but u saw dat all d terrorist in d world are professing dz same allah and their believe dey ar doing his work, wen dat movie about Muhammed was released dat caused an uproar in d muslim world, shey u heard about d pakistani minister who brought out 100k dallas 4 d producers head.... Tell me somtn different plz

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.