Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,226 members, 7,880,849 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:08 AM

What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? (8411 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? / What's With Men And Their 'Cheating Nature'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Kingzyice(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
huni_naija:

Thank you, I recall watching it during the Olympics, quite an intense sport tho.
yea,its just like wrestling and boxing mixed together.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
delkuf: Is not d men alone. i have a female frnd, she can tell u abt d complete manu squad. She even use her money to buy complete sport
Hahahahaaaaaaaaahaha !! Same here ...... My gf love man u scatter ............ sometyms na she dey call me remind me of matches sef
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Kingzyice(m): 5:07pm On Dec 27, 2012
deebrain: I only watch football when it concerns Chelsea, Barcelonia, and Real Madrid (or any club that my idol, Jose Mourinho goes)..cheesy
Asper wrestling, im a big fan of that one O. I dey follow am well well...following The undertaker and of recent Cm punk don turn to habit...who will deliver me?..grin
just 1 gts or KO punch go deliver u!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2012
amyg: We r always ready 2 pull out wen u need our attention buh u won't do d same cry
...seriously u xpect me 2pull out of a LIVE match??..u mst b kidding..
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by braxjay(m): 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2012
everyone got a hobby, mine happens to be football. this football helps in social interactions especially when you find yourself in a strange environ and somehow the topic is a general one like soccer, OMO u'll feel right @ home immediately. wink

JP.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
omenziate: The ladies are free to watch Daniela, How do I look , the Kardashians, Juliana and Bill and I can't watch Barca vs Madrid or Manu Vs Chelsea. That's partiality to me o.
...u 4got 'fashion police', 'd soup', 'whose wedding is it anyway?' Chloe en lamar' en all those other boring reality shows she makes me watch wit her all in d name of being caring en romantic...
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by SAFO(m): 5:23pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:
...u 4got 'fashion police', 'd soup', 'whose wedding is it anyway?' Chloe en lamar' en all those other boring reality shows she makes me watch wit her all in d name of being caring en romantic...

These are the worst kind of shows.

If I'm forced to watch Housewives of Atlanta or Basketball wives one more time I might just slit my wrist.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by leslieu63(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
k2039: What Is It With Women And Fashion?.
gbam!!!!!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by vislabraye(m): 5:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Ladies, you don't like football but you want to be a WAG abi.
Well, I don't mind watching Mexican soaps with her cos fine babes with bikini boku well well cheesy
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by denitro(m): 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
A man spends 22 hours with his nigerian girlfriend and then decides to spend 2 hours watching
soccer and wrestling...And then she complains - You don't care about me, you don't
care about our relationship. (SMH) Na wa o
That is why I went for a white woman
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Mospring(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2012
Atheist:-D:
Exactly.

We go shopping with our other halves and we spend numerous hours buying everything and anything. We get home and when I want to quickly see the match highlights (a match we could have watched live if not for the shopping spree) she starts grumbling.

Women. shocked
well football and wrestling happens to be my favorite sports! so ladies queue and enjoy it too!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by huninaija(f): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:

As a female i can't even watch these type of shows, without zoning out after like 10 painful minutes of trying to wonder the fascination with watching two adult beings eat, sleep and bicker about like farm animals.. I feel like i'm loosing brain cells by the minute..

Altho my aunties did get me into "chloe and lamar" its not my fault oo blame them grin
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by ortopazz(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2012
shizzle11:

Same thing that is with women and box office movies/films. As long as we guys don't complain Ɣ☺ΰ watch too much movies, then please leave us enjoy our football matches in peace.

box office movies my foot, naija movies jare and whats annoying is da fakt that even if it is a storyline that u knw the end, croc.tearz wil stil drop,,and the number of parts? Even if it til par 5 , they wil go in search, until naija gurls cn explain their obsession 4 naijaliwood, then footbal wnt be mystery, besides they kip refueling nollywud.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Okworigeorge(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2012
ceewai lebi: I-love-watching-wrestling-and-am-not-a-man smiley
...husband bully
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by samnugba(m): 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2012
when I play my GrandTheft Auto-vice city/subway surfers/marine sharpshooter/chicken invaders, she says, "I don't give her attention/I don't care about her, that I am SELFISH!"
Meanwhile, she watch her "Diego and Paloma" kinda movies, SEASON FILMS for that matter and she forces me to watch it with her, despite the fact that the spoken english of those films are really annoying!. @OP, now is that fair!!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by maxxx(m): 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
Lemme explain or expantiate guys affinity to football. Imagine playing this game as a kid in nursery school,primary,secondry school nd tertiary institution without break.definitely it will become a part of you..since we all cnt become professionals we now transform to avid spectators.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Exponental(m): 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2012
Exactly d same with women n hair
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by bbulldog(m): 6:56pm On Dec 27, 2012
kevoh: There is nothing wrong, it is just the way men have been programmed to be.The adreanaline, the excitement, the tussle for superiority on the pitch or in the ring e.t.c.

Haba,watching a wrestling bout of 10 mins or football match of 2hrs won't kill your relationship na.

Please let your man watch his football or wrestling ooo, don't go changing the chanel or grumbling.Just sit with him and learn to like his favourite team/wrestler he will love you the more.
u b thief!!!! U stole these words from my heart jare!!!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by ortopazz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
Blue-eyed boi:

khloae and lamar na im swit pass, why? Lamar iz a baller, atleast i watch that becos ah love heariog him and he isnt in2 dat wantin tv time and all dat, knwing tht he his star, buh na soka be supreme, imagine missing a clasiko, o box, ah no get mouth wiv my paddiz, dm go tel me iah dn fall hanz,
besides the fun in watching soka is the fact that evrybody has his point of view, wch makes it entertaining when the argument begins, so u av to watch so as to make sure that u have what to argue abt, buh who u go argue khloe n lamar wiv?
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by nollywood20: 7:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
I prefer good book and beautiful women.
They add more value to my life than soccer and wrestling.
Bouncing boobs are more entertaining than bouncing balls.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by lexander(m): 7:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
yeah i wonder i'm a guy but i dont know whats so interesting about football or wresting
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by charlesjuve(m): 7:54pm On Dec 27, 2012
Men watch futbal, dey say ts at d expense of dier relatnshp. Men toast gals dey say ts sex u wanna hav. If we dnt watch dat futbal, we'l do deadlier tings o. Hmmm.
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Jaykizz(m): 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2012
The reason why ladies love gisting gossips, love been taken out, love watching movies and love readiny sexually romantic novels is the same reason why men love watching football and wrestling.
Reason is because we derive fun 4rm such act, shikenah!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Jaykizz(m): 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
The reason why ladies love gisting gossips, love been taken out, love watching movies and love reading sexually romantic novels is the same reason why men love watching football and wrestling.
Reason is because we derive fun 4rm such act, shikenah!
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Odunharry(m): 8:24pm On Dec 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
Men are not programmed that way dude. Society, home and peers decide for the child and so the male child follows. A child who has a senior brother who is crazy about them is likely to like it too.

Me for example, everyone in my house plays chess and so, I was taught chess and I played it at home and eventually liked it. I was not given a choice to like it or not.

NB: I hate goth Football and wrestling so no one should come and say all men loves it
na so
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by PedroJP(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2012
if we no put interest in them,how our bet,pool dem go take de progress ? We de even de watch dem de invoke powers there to turn scores on our side. Man must chop. But i no follow ooo,na observation b dis oooo. Don't need verbal attack here ooo
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Sike(m): 10:59pm On Dec 27, 2012
"E ma dawa duro......"
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by babyboy3(m): 11:33pm On Dec 27, 2012
I dont know who is still interested in watching Wrestling (men or women)
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by vega84(m): 8:15am On Dec 28, 2012
My dear is only in this part of the world that I see ladies that's sees sports as men tin in europe every body comes out to studims etc to watch games is fun heavy fun ,anyway I hav a quizz fr u what is wit ladies and money,makeups,gossip,dresses,infact material tins in general?
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by emdidy: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2012
Mynd_44:
Men are not programmed that way dude. Society, home and peers decide for the child and so the male child follows. A child who has a senior brother who is crazy about them is likely to like it too.

Me for example, everyone in my house plays chess and so, I was taught chess and I played it at home and eventually liked it. I was not given a choice to like it or not.

NB: I hate goth Football and wrestling so no one should come and say all men loves it
Are u sewiouz! I'm alzo a chess playa bt i dnt realy gt fwndz to play wit. Cn u plz gimme ur no xo we cud hook up n play chess 2geda? smiley
Re: What Is It With Men And Football/wrestling? by Michky: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2012
As a popular yoruba saying goes: Ibi lile la tin ba omo okunrin (Its at tough places that you find men).

You see, like i said in an earlier post, men are programmed to enjoy sports. Take another look back at the times when men were the ones that used to go out to hunt for meat for family consumption, to the times when men were the ones protecting their homes from invaders (you still find this in today's neighbourhood vigilante activities which is made up of mostly men). Look, in those days, you just had to be tough if you really wanted to be seen as a man. A bit of those times still reside in our genes today (although quickly fading away).

Nowadays, things are gradually changing. You find people like (Mynd_44, those who cherish non-toughness) because Men are gradually running short of Male role models. The role models we have now are women women women. Why won't men start behaving like women?! At home, women! At school, Women! Everywhere, Women Women Women!!! And now, women are asking to be presidents (chei, i pity the men that will come afterwards).

Infact, what we are now having today are not men but women. Its a pity. I repeat: Its only in tough places that you find men, hence the love for sports (take it or leave it) because, like CharlesJuve just said, "If we dnt watch dat futbal, we'll do deadlier tings o".

charlesjuve: Men watch futbal, dey say ts at d expense of dier relatnshp. Men toast gals dey say ts sex u wanna hav. If we dnt watch dat futbal, we'l do deadlier tings o . Hmmm.

Now, this is a call to all the men around the world! Our environment is seriously trying to feminize us. If we allow this to happen, men will become extinct in the near future . Oh, i cry if such a day ever comes. So, am hereby calling unto all the men again. Lets not give in to this. The earth still needs men! We are Men and Men we shall remain!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(VIDEO) Aboki Man Broke 13 Year Old Girls Hymen / Female Soldier Stuns In Leggings And Skin Tight Jeans & Crop Top (photos) / Is There Any Nairaland Girl With Eyes Prettier Than These (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.