Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,079 members, 7,890,571 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:10 PM

Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate (8449 Views)

Explosion At Anioma Filling Station Asaba (Photo / 8 Categories Of People You See In Filling Station During Fuel Scarcity / Air Force Corporal Slaps Inspector At Filling Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 25, 2012
choi!!

mrs don scatter texaco safety legacy finish
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by warrikid(m): 7:12am On Dec 25, 2012
kelvincoll: With the way Nigerians build residential homes close of gas stations, i really do fear for what i see in that pix... God help us all
The reverse is the case my broda,I don dey wait 4 dis kain thing since. Its the station owners who lobby/bribe the authorities responsible for approving such sitings just to be in commercial hubs which are most times sharing fences with residential buildings.
I just dey look dem dey laff,its everywhere in d country dat I've bn to. So if e destroy peepo ows join,I'm not surprised cos its bn coming. Buh make dem hold d station responsible 4 wateva losses dey incur in such occurences.#shikena
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by kehinde1588(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2012
nigerians self na God go save us o grin
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Reyspin(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2012
same here oo.. Sometimes i wonder if this is the same nairaland i use to visit as a guest
50calibre:

You are absolutely right! The reason I joined this forum was because when I used to visit as just a visitor, I was impressed with the level of maturity and co-ordination I saw that I decieded to be a member.

Things seem to be going downhill day after day
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by flexyonline: 8:24am On Dec 25, 2012
A lot of Nigerians don't understand how this fire fighting thing works. Fire trucks don't go around with water. That's why in well planned estates, a fire hydrant system is in place. All they do is come and connect their truck(pump) to the line and have an endless supply of water. In situation where there are no water lines, they can use a well, river etc. It's because in most cases none of these is available in Nigeria that they go around with water which is very little in quantity because of the capacity of the truck. So when you complain that water finished in a fire truck, YES it is supposed to finish because the system is not designed to work that way.

1 Like

Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 25, 2012
chipet:

But seriously, this is not a joke. Similar thing happened @ Unizik junction awka...there was a fire breakout, these ppl came around, start quenching the fire, buh stopped before 5mins cos their water exhausted. What a country! Smh
Please don't tell me you expected the water to last beyond that, and I hope you weren't blaming them for running out of water!
The ideal is to have fire hydrants on streets, and breeching inlets in taller buildings, until then, we'll keep having that scenario playing out.
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by elderbros(m): 8:36am On Dec 25, 2012
skybird: Oh my God.it one of the best MRS station around.they are always selling as far as product is available.no cans.the good new is tht the station is not close to houses.it along the express . I reside in the estate
Yeah dis is very correct. There pump seems to be better than the NNPC in the estate sef.
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by ignis: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2012
ba7man: Oh my God!!! Look at what's running thru someones mind at Christmas.
That's why the bible say the heart of man is wicked and evil.
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by freshdew: 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2012
naptu2:

Well, you might as well drive on the BRT lane, drive against traffic or murder someone to find out if laws work in naija.
Are u telling me dat dere are no provisions 4 fire service in our yearly budget which are signed in2 law by the present govt.The law is bulshit when it afect doz dat made it or shud make it work in naija.
Re: Fire At Texaco Filling Station, Gwarimpa Estate by naptu2: 1:43pm On Dec 25, 2012
freshdew: Are u telling me dat dere are no provisions 4 fire service in our yearly budget which are signed in2 law by the present govt.The law is bulshit when it afect doz dat made it or shud make it work in naija.

1) Is there a law that compels local governments to provide fire hydrants in their local government area? (Please cite it if you have it).

2) Is there a law that compels owners of buildings that are more than four floors high to have sprinkler systems and fire hydrants in their premises? (Please cite it if you have it).

Also note that it's one thing to have money and another to know what to spend it on (the fire service is not the waterworks)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. / Woman Shaking Her Breast To Dance To The Beat Of The Music ‘ No Bra ‘ / 5 Famous Streets In Festac Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.