Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,062 members, 7,970,278 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 05:07 AM

Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan (722 Views)

I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes, Says Buhari / Some Nigerians Call Me Baba Go Slow - President Buhari (VIDEO) / I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by kingsceemark(m): 6:11am On Dec 26, 2012
President Goodluck JonathanTuesday explained why mostNigerians believed that his administration was slow in implementing and responding to some of the people-oriented policies and projects of the government.
Accoring to him, this was because of his resolve to avoid taking hasty decisions that may be fraught with mistakes and which might be more difficult to correct.
The president who stated this during the Christmas Day service at the Diocese of Abuja Anglican Communion, the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life Camp, Gwarinpa, Abuja added that the foundation being laid for infrastructural development would stand the test of time.
According to the president, “By human thinking, our administration is slow, I won’t say we are slow but we need to think through things properly if we are to make lasting impact. If we rush we will make mistakes and sometimes it is more difficult to correct those mistakes“I want to assure Nigerians that any step we take whether little or giant, we won’t go back. And where we need to act fast we will do so, that we demonstratedwith the flood disaster because it required immediate response.
“Democracy must be dictated by ballot papers and I think we have achieved that with electoral reform. We will not go back but will continue to improve.
“For our transformation to be sustained we Nigerians must be reformed. We must not see our country as where we make money onlyand build walls and live as prisoners because of the criminal activities of few” he said.
The president who was accompanied to the church service by his family members reiterated that his administration is committed and will keep faith with its promises.
“At least what we are doing in agriculture, transportationand power has been noted by the Primate. We have laidsolid foundation for power, agriculture and transport sectors and I can assure youwe will not go back again.
The President also underscored the need for re-orientation in the country, noting that a situation where some criminal minded Nigerians vandalise government properties to sabotage government’s effort must becondemned as such actions are tantamount to the transformation plan of the government.
“People play politics with things that affect even their own lives. You wonder why a person that carries saw to go and cut down a conductor carrying cables that produce electricity, because you want a government to fail. This happened somewhere in Enugu. You begin to wonderif they are humans. That is why we need to reform if wemust transform” he said.
While emphasising the crucial role of the church in mobilising support for government, the president said; “The church has a greatrole to play if the transformation must succeedbecause you can’t transformwithout reformation and is the role of the church to do so.
“I urge the church to come up with various programmesto talk about how we Nigerians can be reform.”

Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by abbeycial: 6:23am On Dec 26, 2012
Laughing in Swahili
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by abbeycial: 6:26am On Dec 26, 2012
Sure tin

but u ain't slow in agitating for ol those exorbitant allowances u dole out for ur upkeep nd dat of ur folks frm naija hard earned national income.
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by hrmkz: 7:04am On Dec 26, 2012
Thank God he accept his slugish!
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by Emusan(m): 7:23am On Dec 26, 2012
Let sleeping dogs lie.
To Mr presido, if you allow the dog to sleep for so long flies will play on it and tired.
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 7:25am On Dec 26, 2012
By slow does he mean retarddeed?
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2012
Foolish fool.
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 26, 2012
This looks like a tacit acceptance that he is intellectually and mentally capable to rule this country.

If you say you think things through you might end up not making any decision at all.
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:04am On Dec 26, 2012
When is the next Presidential Election?
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by kokoA(m): 8:33am On Dec 26, 2012
This guy have almost halfed his tenure and he is still talking of "not making hasty decisions". He has forgotten how hasty he was in removing fuel subsidy abi? He was not hasty in approving 1billion for 'presidential' food, He was not hasty in buying new jets for the president.. Park well jor! When it comes to policies that will affect the masses, they give bloody excuses. GEJ is a bad story teller.
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 26, 2012
Please!Please!Please! Nigerians

Leave this man alone!

He means well for Nigeria!

He is making Nigeria Better!

He loves Nigeria!

I love My President!

Vote GEJ AGAIN in 2015!

HE is not SLOW!

He is very Very Smart!
Like this guy Below:-

Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by confusion247(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2012
Clap for Jonathan.
Re: Why Nigerians Think I’m Slow – President Jonathan by OAM4J: 1:21pm On Dec 26, 2012

(1)

Many Northern, Southern Politician Will Die In Plane Crash In 2013 => Cleric / Boko Haram Is Islamic Jihad In Nigeria / Army Discovers Bomb Factory Inside Kaduna Politician’s Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.