Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,077 members, 7,970,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:18 AM

The Nigeria Dilemma: What Is To Be Done? By Bayo Oluwasanmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Dilemma: What Is To Be Done? By Bayo Oluwasanmi (466 Views)

Fayose The Prophet Predicts Own Doom By Bayo Oluwasanmi / See The Service Chiefs In Motion As Captured By Bayo Omoboriowo / Rants Of Antelope (Igala) From Igala Kingdom By Bayo Oluwasanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Dilemma: What Is To Be Done? By Bayo Oluwasanmi by gratiaeo(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2012
As the year trudges to an end, i looked at Nigeria closely, my mind racing back to 52 year. A surge of impatient rose up within me. i tried to shake off a rush of anxiety. The progress so far jarred my confidence. My stomach was knotted with fear.
The memories of Nigeria's immediate political history of a leaderless country cut like a knife at my soul. As i contemplate Nigeria's future fatigue swept over me. Over the years, the confidence i had for Nigeria is quickly fading back into skepticism.
Economic prophets with gloom forecast and political seers with doom predictions are working overtime warming us where Nigeria is headed.
The unanimity of their prophecies is summed up in one ominous and frightened sentence: "A failed state"
The images of a comatose nation in a stupor of its former greatness in the intensive care unit of rogue nation is having a kind of negative psychological contagion among Nigerians.
The profound dilemma of Nigeria has been a permanent leadership vacuum.
i thought of a man who might have had a chance to bring relief to our people.
I thought of a man with position training, natural ability, and the desire to help.
I thought of a man who had the unique opportunity to rescue Nigeria but in foolish act after another, they forfeited all the advantages they might have used.
Ninety-nine % of those who run the affairs of Nigeria needed complete reconstruction. All the three tiers of govt Local, State and Federal - there is leadership deficit. They seek to bring about the right thing in the wrong way.
The abhorrent mediocrity of the elected representatives at all levels of our govt disqualifies them from the service of the people.
Nigeria has been turned into a football game which millions of spectators in need of exercise are watching a handful of players in need of rest.
The unending recycling of ill equipped, witless, and myopic technocrats, bureaucrats, and other political appointees guarantees imitation of the barbaric past of their predecessor.
They have become silent enablers and co-conspirators in defrauding the very people they're supposed to serve and save. They find so much pleasure in watching the slow agonies of poor Nigerians.
The social and economically induced misery caused by the corrupt representatives result in deforming and depleting our humanity and love for one another
What we're witnessing today in Nigeria are the consequences of a lethal linkage of economic decay, culture decay, and political lethargy in Nigerian life
WHAT IS TO BE DONE?
What shall we do to foster or generate a new spirit and vision to meet the challenge of post-democracy, post-industrial, and post-party politics?
First, we must accept the that critical power, help, and hope lie within us and our commonalities. We must search for a new paradigm to bring into the fore our understanding of multifaceted crises and overcome our despair.
Second, we must shift our attention to the common good that focus on how much we care about the quality of lives together.
Continue..............

(1) (Reply)

German Magazine Mistakenly Publishes Bush Obituary / Okada Riders Appeal Judgment On Restriction / Be Your Own Boss!create Other Streams Of Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.