Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,855 members, 7,879,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory (1045 Views)

Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / The 5 Mistakes Keshi And Eagles Must Not Make / I Cant Be Here And Eagles Won’t Win 2014 World Cup...." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
Axed Levante striker Obafemi Martins has tipped Nigeria to win the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

The 28-year-old Martins was one of several top stars axed by coach Stephen Keshi from a provisional 32-man squad.

‘Obagoal’ has said he is not disappointed he has been left out of the Nigeria squad to the AFCON next month despite his goals in the Spanish La Liga.

He therefore said he believes the Eagles are good enough to land a third Nations Cup trophy in South Africa.

"They have a team who are capable of winning the Nations Cup without me. I wish them all the best in South Africa," said Martins when he visited a hospital in Lagos on behalf of his foundation on Tuesday.

“I will now enjoy my holidays and then return to Spain to focus with my club.”

He made a donation of five million Naira (about $31,000) to a Lagos maternity hospital to help offset the bills of mothers who could not afford to do so.

Martins has featured in three AFCONS, in 2006, 2008 and 2010.

The former Newcastle and Inter Milan striker has been scored six goals in 13 League matches with Levante, who are now sixth on the La Liga table.
Re: Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2012
May your days be long Martins,may your thunderous shots continue to shake your opponents nets,More lethal shots from your boots.
Re: Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory by Emmyk(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2012
Good
Re: Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory by vislabraye(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
That's the spirit Martins. Osaze should learn from him instead of complaining.
Re: Rejected Obafemi Martins Backs Keshi And Eagles For Glory by Ossaifamous(m): 1:23am On Dec 27, 2012
vislabraye: That's the spirit Martins. Osaze should learn from him instead of complaining.

Osaze case is different from obafemi .... leave osemwingie to lament as he likes

(1) (Reply)

Ranking Of The Current Top Richest Clubs / Why Haven't Mikel Obi Won The "African Player Of The Year" Award ? / I Like Listening To Michael Jackson, Psquare, Usher’s Songs – Van Persie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.