Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,471 members, 7,904,756 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 06:49 PM

Problem Of Publishing - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Problem Of Publishing (1002 Views)

Problem Of Social Network, Story Of Love / Is Authorhouse Publishing Genuine? / Problem Of Unemployment Rate In Nigeria And Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem Of Publishing by Tubelsaviz: 9:39am On Dec 28, 2012
One obstacle which aspiring writers face is publishing and not writing. I know many young authors who have written several unpublished manuscripts. Most publishing companies in Nigeria do not encourage these young writers and so many talents are hidden. How do u suggest we can solve this problem? I need your answers please
Re: Problem Of Publishing by kay29000(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2012
The way to go is to self publish your book, then look for marketers that would take the problem of selling it off your hands.
Re: Problem Of Publishing by sholay2011(m): 11:29pm On Dec 30, 2012
Hello. Pls, my book is on the way to publishing. It has been over a month that it's still being edited and reviewed. Just wanna ask, does editing take that long?
Re: Problem Of Publishing by kay29000(m): 11:16am On Dec 31, 2012
It depends on how voluminous your book is. Most of the editors i use dont take more than 2 weeks, but i write novellas, and not novels.
Re: Problem Of Publishing by sholay2011(m): 2:22pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ok. Tnx.
Re: Problem Of Publishing by Major001(m): 3:40pm On Dec 31, 2012
The publishing Industry in Nigeria is currently more interested in Non Fiction books, such as Textbooks, for Primary, Secondary and Higher Education. The Industry feels much safer with such investments.
As a writer of Fiction - novel, drama, poetry -my best advice is for you to look outside the Country. Look for a foreign publisher, especially an ebook publisher. As I'm certain some are already aware , ebooks have almost overtaken hardcover books, in terms of easy availability and global sales. Two of my books are available online; on amazon, barnes and noble, diesel, and other major online bookstores. There are a couple of ebook publishers out there that will publish your book at a low price. In my case it was less than N6,000. Make your book globally available, in addition to having it published by a foreign publisher.

1 Like

Re: Problem Of Publishing by sholay2011(m): 3:48pm On Dec 31, 2012
Tnx Major. But does my book need to be edited before I contact.ebook publishers? Also, hope it isn't wrong approachin ebook publishers when d publishin of my book is in d hands of one already?
Re: Problem Of Publishing by sholay2011(m): 3:50pm On Dec 31, 2012
Also, could you please give me steps on how to get my book published online if the questns of my former post are answered in d affirmative?
Re: Problem Of Publishing by Tubelsaviz: 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
How will you know whether those online publishers are fraudsters or not?
Re: Problem Of Publishing by EagleCrest(f): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2013
I am new on this site and just came across this thread. You can give this company a try http://www.booksprings.com/, they have particular focus on Nigeria so you don't have to worry about forex issues in dealing with them. As a disclaimer - I am affiliated with the company. The company is reliable and you can see existing eBook listings on their website.
FYI the company is also looking for partners that are based in Nigeria. So if anyone is conversant with the Nigerian publishing industry and interested, please send an email to mail@booksprings.co.uk
Re: Problem Of Publishing by Major001(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2013
Sholay, it's important for your book to be properly edited before approaching e-book publishers. Most of them have no problem with your book being published in paperback or hard cover; as long as you grant them the exclusive right to the e-version of your book. Two of my books are presently sold online. A third one is on the way. I wrote and edited them. I'm a Writer and an Editor. If you want, you can reach me on 07055256144.
Re: Problem Of Publishing by sholay2011(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2013
Tnx major.
Re: Problem Of Publishing by rapmike(m): 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2013
Major001: Sholay, it's important for your book to be properly edited before approaching e-book publishers. Most of them have no problem with your book being published in paperback or hard cover; as long as you grant them the exclusive right to the e-version of your book. Two of my books are presently sold online. A third one is on the way. I wrote and edited them. I'm a Writer and an Editor. If you want, you can reach me on 07055256144.
guy am following u pls..even though i dont know ur real name
Re: Problem Of Publishing by Sirniyeh(m): 6:23am On Jan 13, 2013
Publishing online is very simple. I recommend you go to www.lulu.com on this site, you just upload your manuscript and no charged. Also there is "Amazon Kindle" on www.amazon.com you just upload online as well, fill the form for your returns.
Search google for detail. No payment require al all
Re: Problem Of Publishing by Thekeeper(m): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2013
Sirniyeh: Publishing online is very simple. I recommend you go to www.lulu.com on this site, you just upload your manuscript and no charged. Also there is "Amazon Kindle" on www.amazon.com you just upload online as well, fill the form for your returns.
Search google for detail. No payment require al all
sir can we chat on 2go?. .pls i got something to tell u

(1) (Reply)

The Crazy Nigerian / Who Calls The Rains? / Things To Remember When You Think You’re Not Good Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.