Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,491 members, 7,914,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 09:46 PM

Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? (11781 Views)

D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela / Star Trek Today In Aba / Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by safarigirl(f): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2012
Hmm, mehn...I got the full gist from a site. They said Mr. Koko Master even said that it's the VVIP people that are his people because na dem pay pass.

I don laugh die for twitter and their #kokosurvivors and #kokoconcert. D'banj is a crook! How can you sell 3,500 tickets for a space of 200, EFCC should investigate

Anyways see full gist:

Most hypes don’t live up to their expectation, no one knows why, it just doesn’t happen.

Even the most optimistic of people who attended the Koko Concert at the ‘Eko Atlantic City’ on December 27, 2012 left the vnue fuming or physically too tired to react to the poor turnout of events that took place at the new Eko Atlantic City, off Amadu Bello, Victoria Island.

The first of many problems was the distance from the Eko Atlantic entrance to the venue of the show – all of 20KM. While cars were getting stuck in the sandy ground and traffic was building up, eager fans decided to walk the distance with the hope that their ‘endurance trek’ would be compensated with a good show.

For starters, D’banj and DKM Media deserve commendation for looking outside the overused and unnecessarily exorbitant Eko Hotel and Suites and looking for a new location; joining the likes of R28 & EME and Sound Sultan who have staged successful shows at Oceanview and Harbour Point respectively, as many industry players work to break Eko’s monopoly.

Koko Concert, which was meant to commence at 7PM kicked off at 10:24PM with comedians Baskethmouth and Bovi doing a tremendous job by keeping the crowd hyped up for the upcoming performances.

There were a few opening performances from Saeon, Flowssickk, DRB Lasgisdi, Ajebutter 22, Orezi, Omo Akin, Seyi Shay, Dpzzle , Burna Boy, Shank, Dammy Krane, Lynxxx and Ice Prince who skipped out on the live band, embracing CD performance.

At 12:24, the show host Idris Elba was introduced on stage. The UK actor was however not in is element or rather seemed not to connect with the crowd. It remained that way for the entire show.

The hero of the day however was UK rapper Tinie Tempah. The 24-year-old act with Nigerian roots was a show stopper; it might have taken a while before he came up on stage due to his crew fixing their equipment but when he commenced his performance, he commanded the stage gracefully.

Always urging the crowd to sing along with him as he performed hits like ‘Pass out’ and ‘Till I’m gone’; they surprised him by reciting (word for word) the lyrics of some of his songs. ‘I love you Lagos, thank you for supporting me’, Tinie who was a late addition to the concert emotionally blurted.

The buzz was however dampened with the next performance from G.O.O.D Music artiste Pusha T who failed to coordinate or control the crowd with his performance. The decision of the organizers to bring a C-list Hip-Hop act to a concert headlined by a Pop act seemed wrong from the very start. The former Clipse member’s performance only proved so as he received little or no cheer-support from the crowd.

Next up was Big Sean who managed to salvage the situation performing his popular songs ‘My last’, ‘Dance (A$$)’, ‘Mercy’, occasionally putting his hands in his briefs. The crowd’s response was way better as the young rapper energetically jumped aroundon stage, thrilling fans. He finally made an introduction for D’banj.

The final moment then arrived; D’banj making one of the most majestic intros, getting on stage with a golden robe adorned with a traditional crown. D’banj however made matters worse, dragging his performance with unnecessary banter which only irritated most of the already-tired audience. He was however brave enough to use the live band, the first performance of the night to do so, performing songs like ‘Olorun maje’, ‘Suddenly’, ‘Oyato’ and more

Between performances and romancing the VVIP crowd, D’banj in batches brought on Naeto C, Kay Switch, Ikechukwu, J-Sol and Davido with all the features being lacklustre. 40 minutes into D’banj’s performance, there began a mass exodus from the venue, leaving a quarter of the original crowd ending the show with D’banj as he finished up with his ‘Oliver Twist’ monster hit.

Wizkid and 2face who had been earlier announced to attend and perform at the concert were missing, while many guests, including Seyi Shodimu, Darey, and Banky W reportedly turned back, after trying for hours, to get to the venue.

During the show, popular OAP Maste of Nigeria Info 99.3 commented on Instagram ‘At the Koko Concert. I swear getting a regular ticket is far better than VIP and VVIP. #KokoConcert #2012’.

Apart from the poor performances, the big fail for the Koko Concert was the logistics disaster, with traffic and access control, seating, in-venue shuttle topping the list. The VVIP area was so over-burdened, many guests who had paid for tables were seeing loitering and complaining.

It didn’t help that apart from the thousands who witnessed the mishaps live, a live internet broadcast by GTbank’s Ndani TV helped showed the shame to millions all over the world, with many giving real time negative feedback on Twitter and Facebook. D’banj trended for hours, with many Koko Concert related hashtags also trending locally on Twitter.

It is still a hot topic on Twitter with hashtags like #KokoConcert, #KokoConcertWalkofLife, #KokoConcertSurvivors becoming trends for the day. Fans are still talking about the show, describing their best performances and how they made it out of the venue.

No word yet from D’banj and his minders.

http://thenetng.com/2012/12/dbanj-others-flop-at-koko-concert-2012/

2 Likes

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by nitrogen(m): 2:22pm On Dec 28, 2012
Please what really happened? You guys are just rambling. Tell us what happened.
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by ogorwyne(f): 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Me don't get this!!! What actually happened. Did Oyebanjo disappoint?
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by lawizle(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
timisnup: This KokoConcert people are still complaining, it must have been really bad sha! Pele ooo, next time do better things with your time....
Cant wait to get my own #kokoconcert DVD for 150 Thanks To Alaba Boys

Iz dere gonna be a DVD really...ope o
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by seedord247(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2012
Koko concert below angry
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by TRUTHTELA: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
I watched KOKO Concert on Ndani TV, streaming live, and all I could deduce from the show was how GULLIBLE Nigerians are. Nigerians ACT first and regret later Jonathan, came, nobody asked, HAS HE EVER PERFORMED anywhere in his life? So what made you think that he'll perform as a president? People failed to also ask, does D'banj have a HIT song that can last a concert? Neither does any of the artist he lined up for the concert, they're all BEGINNERS!! After the show, just like Jonathan's presidency, NIGERIANS ARE REGRETTING!!!

D'banj must NOT be together with Don Jazzy, but he shouldn't OVERRATE himself. D'banj SUBTLY used this CALAMITY called CONCERT to prove that he's not the SAME after the split from his group. What Don Jazzy sees (CHEMISTRY) in him, Kanye West will never see it. Nothing compare to your ROOT. He has too many avenues to impress Nigerians that he has International friends (maybe hosting them in his club, I'm sure he'll still make money), not by defrauding people in the name of CON-cert. D'banj could not sing one thing that made sense, imagine Naeto-c performing 10/10 in a 2012 concert. D'banj apologizing to the VIP folks, guess he knew he has RIPPED them OFF.

D'banj, wasted Pusha T and Big sean's time, cos they couldn't connect with the crowd with all the F' this and F' that, both of them will always connect with the crowd in New york or Atlanta. Big Sean went a step further to tell the whole world how his LUGGAGE is missing in Nigeria, An embarrassment! A friend asked, WHAT'S Idris Elba doing in a musical concert in your country I was like, how I wish I know. Imagine Jay-z and Kanye bringing Denzel Washington to a concert in New York, to come and do what??

D'banj is a typical naija, he knows what they want and he gave it to them ( just like the politicians, that anything FOREIGN will have naija people drooling). GULLIBLE AND DOCILE folks. If you're in Naija and have been to Thisday music festival, you'll know what a CONCERT is. IMO, D'banj put the event together, by FIRE by FORCE, to prove a point, ( I guess to the Don Jazzy guy)but it BACKFIRED. He'll not organize a show in the near future. Nigerians WAKE UP!

15 Likes

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2012
Ff @comrade_bola on twitter to and go tru my TL to see as I retweet all dis stars complaint there
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by jideauxano: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2012
;DThis is "Star trek" at its very best.far from a concert!!!
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2012
SERVES THEM RIGHT. LAFF D3M WELLWELL
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Pleasantme: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2012
The could afford a 20,000 naira VIP ticket yet they give 20naira as offering in church. SMH #God is watching u o# Y'all got wot u deserve!!!

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Pleasantme: 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
*They
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by safarigirl(f): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Can you imagine, the foooolll even asked those that paid 5k and 20k to apologise to the VVIP for him.

According to gist, only Tinie raised the tempo for the Intl acts, the others were a flop.

Imagine people trekking 20km for a concert...ajegbo kids at that, cos kpako no get 5k to go see D'banj, even if dem get, no be for concert.

Even with foreign acts, the show remained a let down
And they said he's better than P-square. Ha!

#kokoconcertsurvivors on twitter for more laughs

Where are the Koko monsters? Airmark, Naturalwaves and co, come and defend your idol's massive flop of a show abeg
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Sprumbaba: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
I will never buy VIP ticket in Nigeria. I bought a 35,000 VIP ticket only to find that I was surrounded by 5,000 Naira ticket holders.

4 Likes

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Leboska(m): 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2012
Sprumbaba: I will never buy VIP ticket in Nigeria. I bought a 35,000 VIP ticket only to find that I was surrounded by 5,000 Naira ticket holders.
muhehehehehe sory no vese. U 4 watch am online
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by JideTheBlogger(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Koko trending everywhere, dbanj making more money, now has the highest number of followers on Twitter....

Hmnn...

1 Like

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lols.
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by wonlasewonimi: 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lmao @ Ogi and tuwo concert.
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Caseless: 5:12pm On Dec 28, 2012
Troll: [size=13pt] Me I Did My Own Koko Concert At Home. I Introduced My Black Mamba To One Of My Neighbour's Daughter...No Harsh Trekking Involved...Na Quality Sucking All The Way tongue [/size]

...Typing From The Back Seat Of My Brother's Sienna While Waiting For My Dia Blessing grin To Come Take Banana Till She Go Yo! grin
sms...
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Caseless: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
EbiJUNIRO: amatan don powder dem LIKE bakery WORKERS... grin
*falls from bread*
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by twinskenny(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lmao
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by redcliff: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2012
[size=14pt]KOKO CONCERT: GO AND WALK NO MORE[/size]
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Rapmaestro(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2012
safarigirl: Can you imagine, the foooolll even asked those that paid 5k and 20k to apologise to the VVIP for him.

According to gist, only Tinie raised the tempo for the Intl acts, the others were a flop.

Imagine people trekking 20km for a concert...ajegbo kids at that, cos kpako no get 5k to go see D'banj, even if dem get, no be for concert.

Even with foreign acts, the show remained a let down
And they said he's better than P-square. Ha!

#kokoconcertsurvivors on twitter for more laughs

Where are the Koko monsters? Airmark, Naturalwaves and co, come and defend your idol's massive flop of a show abeg
star trek indeed,he was actually preparing pple 4 d oncoming olympics... Cant stop laughing,i even heard dat Pusha T's performance was d worst,as 9jarians were nt familiar wit d songs he was performing...... If it happens dat anoda edition of Koko concert was 2 b done again..i dont thnk d tickets will ever sell o,babes dat had gone 2 BQ 2 purchase d most xpensive high-heels,had 2 remove it nd trek bare footed nd get 2 venue wit a leg lyk d person dat has gone searchin 4 water 2 no avail in sahara desert.... Dbanj should 2 just go into exile(w¤a¤t¤¤a¤¤s¤h¤a¤m¤e¤)
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Kzinne: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Troll: [size=13pt] Me I Did My Own Koko Concert At Home. I Introduced My Black Mamba To One Of My Neighbour's Daughter...No Harsh Trekking Involved...Na Quality Sucking All The Way tongue [/size]

...Typing From The Back Seat Of My Brother's Sienna While Waiting For My Dia Blessing grin To Come Take Banana Till She Go Yo! grin
oh is it dat sienna u use for public transport?

1 Like

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by forkadict(m): 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2012
I didnt go for the show but all those that went should report to the nearest MOPOL station for thorough flogging for falling mugu. The pointers to a poor show were all over the place but should i say that they were just blind or they just chose to clique IGNORE?

BASKETMOUTH alone or with BOVI would have sufficed as the hosts. Why Idris Elba? Who he be sef? Na from where he dey come?Foreign acts Hosting a show in naija and performing at a concert in naija are two different ball games and that explains why Chris brown's show was a success but Idris Abdulkareem (abi na wetin be hin name again) flopped.

Then the venue. I asked around if anyone had been to a show organised at Eko atlantic and I couldnt get a definite response. I even learnt that the venue is only a few weeks old. This was another red flag for me.

Then who the fork is pusha t or big sean? Na wa o. I felt like slapping the idio.tic organizers for thinking I would be wowed and anxious to pay 5k to go watch Pusha T and Big sean. For wetin na? Give me Knaye, then maybe I'll consider.

My sympathies to all those that had a feel of what the Isrealites experienced in their journey thru the desert. E pele o.

Next time make una sharp up. PEACE
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by joxiri: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2012
I think people are being overly harsh
The concert didn't start till 11.30 because knowing nigerians they arrived late so I sensed the organiser took this into consideration bfore starting the show
On the trekking issue I failed to do research into the venue knowing fully well there was a map at the bck of the ticket too many people brought cars I went with my friends and we took 2 cars when we cud ve all squeezed into 1 car and I bet many other people did that

The actual show was good tinie tempah was brilliant and burna boy was the highlight unfortunately didn't think much od dbanjs performance too much talking too little singing

So if the concert is judged solely on the entertainment it was a success the logisitics was poor, it started late maybe too late but that's better than the artists playing to an empty audience that arrived late
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by anyerhovwo(f): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
Lol grin grin grin
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by anitank(f): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Heard it was "koko PILGRIMAGE" grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2012
LOOOL @ comments
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 28, 2012
Another countdown concert is coming up in 3days at the same Eko Atlantic.... If you like go for that one too ooooo... U go waka tire, but the deal is no one will ask you to apologize to some spirits sitting in the VVIP section.....
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by airmark(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2012
joxiri:
I think people are being overly harsh
The concert didn't start till 11.30 because knowing nigerians they arrived late so I sensed the organiser took this into consideration bfore starting the show
On the trekking issue I failed to do research into the venue knowing fully well there was a map at the bck of the ticket too many people brought cars I went with my friends and we took 2 cars when we cud ve all squeezed into 1 car and I bet many other people did that

The actual show was good tinie tempah was brilliant and burna boy was the highlight unfortunately didn't think much od dbanjs performance too much talking too little singing

So if the concert is judged solely on the entertainment it was a success the logisitics was poor, it started late maybe too late but that's better than the artists playing to an empty audience that arrived late

Brilliant comment.
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by Revolva(m): 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2012
cool Well I clap hand for those with 5k tikets una try sha !!! But those with VIP tikets are mugus and those with VVIP are the real malam mugus ...wasting money you will invest and make your future better
Re: Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? by adaptor4all: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2012
D koko concert was a flop..bt d same idiots wil go again nx year..abeg make I hear word joor..mtcheeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sabrina Carpenter Espresso Mp3 / VIDEO: Ruggedman – Because Of You Ft. 2face, M.I / Download Music Mp3:- Sinach – Overflow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.