Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,729 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:45 AM

Driving With Or Without Shoes - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving With Or Without Shoes (12850 Views)

Does Driving With The AC On Actually Use More Fuel? / Driving With Or Without Shoes / Driving With One Hand ;style Or Abnormality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Biggoozz: 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2012
Don't drive with shoes for same reasons I don't drive with my jacket on. Reason? Wrinkles, rumples, wear&tear.

The soles of your new shoes will wear out and the new smooth look lost within months if you drive in the Lagos bumper to bumper traffic. #Mythought.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by edoyad(m): 11:18pm On Dec 29, 2012
vislabraye: I can drive with or without shoe equally well. But I'm always careful when driving with palm slippers

There was an instance I was driving with my palm slippers. I removed it and drove with my bare feet. Something almost tragic happened: the palm slippers went behind the brake pedal.
When I wanted to match the brake, the slippers prevented it from going down. I was quite fast and a car was ahead of me. I had to swerve. Luckily for me the brake worked before any collision.

lol. That ish has happened to me too.. My heart was in my mouth. Since then I always put my shoes or slippers just nearly under my seat so they don't interfere.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by jenny2007(f): 11:58pm On Dec 29, 2012
Wish that I could actually drive with my shoes on. Have tried to but drive wearing heels but it felt like I was putting a lot of force on my brakes and pedestal. *smh* the best that I can do I drive with flip-flops.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by manny4life(m): 12:03am On Dec 30, 2012
Women driving without shoes is understandable , but damn, guys too? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yall need to seek help and fast, that is so abnormal. I've interacted with lots of people and heck, I've not heard of let alone seeing a guy drive a car without shoes on. That just makes you look tacky, besides, there's a saying that you NEVER see a man feet.. grin grin grin
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by SisiKill1: 12:31am On Dec 30, 2012
manny4life: Women driving without shoes is understandable , but damn, guys too? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yall need to seek help and fast, that is so abnormal. I've interacted with lots of people and heck, I've not heard of let alone seeing a guy drive a car without shoes on. That just makes you look tacky, besides, there's a saying that you NEVER see a man feet.. grin grin grin
Rotflmao! Thank Goodness someone said it. ..I'm reading their comments and thinking what the...??!

As a woman sef, I take off my shoes only when I'm alone in the car because there is something weird about it and we have the excuse of high heels. cheesy

On top of that, one man now opened his mouth talking about women and weird driving habits when majority of the guys on the thread have said they drive bare feet.

Lord save us from Gender Confusion. cheesy cheesy
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by WAM1(f): 12:33am On Dec 30, 2012
With shoes- is there a difference ?
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 1:20am On Dec 30, 2012
If I have heels on
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hagma37yahoocom: 2:31am On Dec 30, 2012
Drive without shoes on. learned that way and stick to it up till date.
If i be statistician, no need for me going door to door taking data. i will come to nairaland and post my poll.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hollas2jnr(m): 3:01am On Dec 30, 2012
I prefer driving with my shoes on; be it corporate, boots or slippers, I don't take them off. Although, I've tried barefoot and its very irritating and gets one's feet possibly sandy.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by azpekuliar: 3:09am On Dec 30, 2012
okpara ugo: I drive with bathroom slippers. I dislike driving with shoes or palms sandals. It gives me full control of the pedals to the minutest feeling. I cant drive bare feet.

Formula 1 racer.

grin
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by MMotimo: 3:09am On Dec 30, 2012
Thought only women drove without shoes.
Always driven with shoes on.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by amandadgdfg: 3:14am On Dec 30, 2012

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by ghettodreamz(m): 4:34am On Dec 30, 2012
LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Bugalians thread grin grin grin grin
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 30, 2012
embarassed

This sh.i.t made front page?
cry
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by tohirah(f): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2012
With shoes-learnt that way and I'm so sticking to it even if my shoe is high heeled. My shoes aren't so high though
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by masterpiecer(m): 6:59am On Dec 30, 2012
eddy18:

Well it depends on what distance is to you, i've done 8 hours without shoes...just last friday.

well, that might be 'ok' for an auto transmission car, cos the pedal is more softer compare to manual transmission, but still not a safe practice anyday
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by hassymo5(m): 7:01am On Dec 30, 2012
just like someone said,, what is the difference,, with or without shoe,, make car carry me go where i wan go.... Dis topic is irrelevant!!!!!!
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:13am On Dec 30, 2012
That's odd. I actually thought more ladies here would say they don't drive with their shoes on. Most of my female pals don't including myself. I can't even drive wearing flip flops! However, I don't know a single guy who drives without wearing shoes though.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by LadyTC: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2012
Lexusgs430:

Ain't you aware most women normally have driving shoes in their cars?

Well not all women because I don't ave one, although I can drive with some of my flat shoes and not some, even some slippers I can't drive with so I just take off one foot. Some shoes are slippers are uncomfortable to drive with. They slip off your feet or u can barley feel the pedal, safety first. All this guy man!!
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Frankbaro(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2012
chyket: I use to drive with my shoes on but it spoils the back of my right shoe so I stopped
The only reason why, I'll drive without my shoes on.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by skyfall: 8:54am On Dec 30, 2012
pekelepekele: Always drive without your shoes on . Most people that hit people's bumper in the traffic are the ones driving with their shoes on. When you are driving without shoes it will give you full control of your pedals and you can easily feel how much you have step on the pedals.

Ehen when did you your research? That's a lie o. It's people who drive too close or who don't concentrate that hit other people's bumpers. Shoes have got nothing to do with it, except you're a LEARNER.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2012
Is this the same geez from politic section?

Thought you were a guy undecided

Na which kain shoe you dey wear?

@ Post,

I've driven in both conditions. Although, it's harder with heels because its hard to determine how much energy I need to put on the accelerator/brake. So sometimes, I take off the heels and drive barefoot. *depends on the height of the heels o*
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by DanIlon(m): 9:45am On Dec 30, 2012
I perfect drive without shoe due to toe is ful control accelerate has great control
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2012
pekelepekele: Always drive without your shoes on . Most people that hit people's bumper in the traffic are the ones driving with their shoes on. When you are driving without shoes it will give you full control of your pedals and you can easily feel how much you have step on the pedals.

Bro, it's fine if you wish to drive barefoot. But it's wrong to advice others to do the same. The reason you have your theory is because you didn't attend a driving school. Because you would not be tutored without shoes! You probably did attend a driving school, but have not mastered how to drive properly, I have no idea.

Bumping into cars has nothing to do with wearing shoes, it's more to do with poor driving - reaction and concentration, driving too close to the automobile in front etc. I've never had a prang, and I've been on the road for well over 30 years (yes, I'm old). No instructor worth his / her license will tutor anyone barefoot, as footwear is a safety requirement. It's the first rule of personal safety, up there with wearing a seatbelt. In the event of a frontal impact, the first things to move inwards are the steering wheel AND pedals.

Often, feet are trapped, and the pedals have to be cut to free the driver. Shoes will provide a great deal of protection, not only when feet get trapped, but when the pedals need to be cut. A good friend of mine is a trained paramedic, though she's now working with the Essex Fire Authority, and often regales me on what a typical working week's like. I could post pictures of injured feet, as a result of feet getting trapped by the pedals in a crash, where no footwear was worn, but they're way too disturbing to view.

Just like working in a factory, you wear safety boots. With driving, you wear shoes that are suitable for operating an automobile, and this rules out high heels. Most ladies keep a set of flats in their automobile for this very reason.

Drive safe, and protect your feet, rather than worry about the soles of your Italian shoes getting marked. You can't wear any footwear if you lose your feet.

5 Likes

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by darmiex(f): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2012
when driving manual cars, i drive with my shoes on. but i can drive an auto car with 6 inches heels. and thats beta for pedicured feet.

1 Like

Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by dino2006(m): 1:33pm On Dec 30, 2012
I drive with my shoes on. This could get uncomfortable, when am wearing a loosely grippin footwear, lik a flipflop, so I might hav to take it off which is even easier.
But with a firmly grippin covershoe or snickers on, I drive comfortably. Cheers.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by 18wheeler: 2:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
Driving with shoes is much more comfortable for me than without. I hardly drive barefoot
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by moneyhungry(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2012
uihebom: I don't like driving with shoes on.
u get car? abi u tink say trailer na car?
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Hilaskee(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
My brother Prince Ismael Owhorodu keeps buying & repairing his new shoes because he will never drive without his shoes. Just repaired one yestaday...
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 30, 2012
the only shoes i can drive with are trainers/trekkers

other than that, i have a pair of rubber slippers in the car
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by Big2bore(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
everyone nose driving with out show is the best,i have tried the two, but I prefer driving with out show. I fill real driving with out show.
Re: Driving With Or Without Shoes by SisiKill1: 6:38pm On Dec 30, 2012
Big2bore: everyone nose driving with out show is the best,i have tried the two, but I prefer driving with out show. I fill real driving with out show.

Say what now?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X / 2003 Honda Civic........ / "For Sale" Sign On Moving Vehicles Illegal - FCT VIO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.