Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,042 members, 7,949,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:57 PM

How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) (5215 Views)

Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / How To Start An Sms Short Code Business / How To Start An Home Based Import Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by emailguru: 1:17am On Dec 31, 2012
You must understand that for you to make money online, you must have something valuable to offer, there is a concept to the art of buying and selling on the internet. Every prospective buyer of stuff on the internet goes there with something in mind. Once you know why they go there and what they need, then you will never lack money in your life again by simply offering them what they need.

Internet business is not yahoo yahoo! its purely a legitimate business once you understand the concept.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by decoslim(m): 1:31am On Dec 31, 2012
Just as we thrive to own a business online, we have forgot how social media is powerful and can contribute to our business success....

Please take time and answer the below questions:

Are you a Business Owner that’s getting confused with all the Social Media Sites springing up these days?

Are you a Business Owner who has a Business presence on Social Media but isn’t generating so much sales from it?

Are you a Business Owner who isn’t using Social Media for your Business at all?

Are you spending too much time using Social Media without positive results?

Answers to the above questions:

Then Am introducing you to the:
The Social Media Guide for Nigerian Businesses

www.ebooks.spreadmediang.com/reco/
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by uwem18: 1:56am On Dec 31, 2012
bt click bank don't accept nigerians
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2012
uwem18: bt click bank don't accept nigerians
You don't have to tell them you are a nigerian smiley
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by james809: 12:38pm On Jan 01, 2013
okay
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 3:06pm On Jan 01, 2013
james809: @demoreon can I still benefit from your free 1 on 1 mentorship,I joined nairaland last night when I read about it but I guess missed it.
Am sorry the free offer ended last night, however we could still work something out shoot me a pm.

@nimwin
Well if it sounds greek, try study the language...lol

Getting started with affiliate marketing is one of the most common questions I get asked and my answer is always the same:

Learn the basics of mutual value,  create a unique strategy(develop your own method), and promote a product that benefits your customer.

At a fundamental level thats is all you need to know…

…but when you are just starting your first marketing campaign the path to success isn’t always clear.

I still vividly remember building my first affiliate site and wondering how everything would work out.

Looking back, I can attribute most of my success to just doing something. A lot of ppl never get started and that's a killer factor.

When I first started I wasn’t sure of how to make a profitable website but with a few failures and successes things got easier.

The best advice I can give you is to learn the basics, create a strategy, and get off your butt and do something.

Steps you need to master in Affiliate Marketing

Are you targeting the right market? – Understand the difference between people who solve a problem with time instead of money.

How aware is your market of their problem? – Do they know they have a problem? If not you need to educate them.

What type of consumer intent should you target? - Why are people searching what they are searching for. Research vs Buy vs Entertainment.

Few more factors that will influence your success as an affliate:

TRAFFIC – Traffic is simply defined as the amount of visitors a website receives, but as you will learn shortly, there is more to traffic than meets the eye. Traffic comes in many shapes and forms, but it is one of the key metrics to pay attention to when trying to monetize your web presence. While traffic in and of itself is a sign of trust, it can also build trust or take trust away depending on the conditions.

TRUST – Trust is an intangible thing, yet we all use it and many of us even measure by it every single day. Trust is what causes us to take leaps of faith and even buy things we’re not 100% sure we need. Think about your latest ‘want’ purchases and the factors that influenced that buying decision. Was there a website or print review that was part of that decision? If so, you probably already know about the power of trust.

REPUTATION – Reputation is something that comes after trust, but it in turn will help you establish and cement a more permanent place in your chosen niche. Trust is required to build a reputation and that reputation can drive traffc, which in turn promotes trust and converts many viewers into people who believe in that reputation.

Now you might be wondering what's the use of TRUST and REPUTATION, well its very important cos at some point In your affiliate business, you will need a list.
Do you know that 90% of people don't buy a product the first time? That's where email marketing comes in, you need to keep reminding them of the benefit of the product you are promoting in order to make a sell, sometimes this can last 5-6 times before they finally buy from you, and if they are to buy, they must trust you.

While a lot of people feel affiliate marketing is all about putting up a website and blog, then expect people to jump in and buy, its doesn't work like that. They will only buy if they trust you.

There are lots of website you can join there affiliate programs, but clickbank remains the best for me as there payout is one of the best.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Yankybabyface: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Pls i wil like to go into affiliate marketing how can i get started wil need more info,dis my email babyyanky69@yahoo.com,thx
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by mkakan(m): 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2013
This may fly in the face of all the other advice you will get here...But i want you to take a good look at people who have successful online businesses. What do they all have in common?
i will tell you...they have an e-mail list of subscribers.

think about it.

That is why you receive emails from them.

They get permission from you to send them e-mails. This gives them the ability to contact and market to you as the grow a relationship with you.

So this is my advice to you...follow what works ... don't try to invent the wheel.

This is what works .

1. Find a niche (a profitable niche)

2. create a squeeze page

3. offer something valuable for free to get subscribers

4. Build a list

5. Build a relationship with that list

6.sell products and services to that list

This works for affiliate marketing , information marketing and all kinds of online business models.

Even in direct marketing.

Don't do what they gurus say...do what they do...

And what they do is just what i have listed out to you.

Now it is possible to still succeed without a list...(build a niche site and send traffic to it)...but list building is the ultimate leverage.

Thank you.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by james809: 11:17am On Jan 02, 2013
Thanks demoreon,am waiting for your reply
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
james809: Thanks demoreon,am waiting for your reply
Jst left you a mail
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Zagala: 9:10pm On Jan 02, 2013
U are a good man indeed,i have learnt a lot.thanks and keep up ur gud work@poster
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Zagala: 9:36am On Jan 04, 2013
Nice
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by dejiyusuf: 6:48pm On Jan 04, 2013
VickyHills: Please I'd like to know how to market/advertise/sale my product online. I make local juices(Kunu and Zobo)which are very medicinal.
to get a simple site plan today all you need is just 2,500 so funny huh? search for smart web nigeria that's where I hosted my site
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by servicegiver: 12:09am On Jan 06, 2013
It is not just about selling report, what matters most is determining the type of report that will sell and how to get people to pay you for it... These are all hidden factors you must consider before creating your report. The unfortunate thing is that I see a lot of people go into the make money niche, perhaps, that is why they are not making any money. To me, I advice my clients to venture into other niches other than the make money niche. But first, you must determine what it really takes to have people give you their money, once you know this truth, then, you will never lack money in your life again.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by goodson(m): 3:21pm On Jan 06, 2013
i have invested on so many e books on online business..books on SEO,setting up autoresponder, how o profit on e bay and amazozon, setting up blogs etc. i have about 100 titles on various e books. interested send mail ezcolij@gmail.com attached is a free copy.

Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by Gloriouspa(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2013
[quote author=phreddie]This is a very nice thread, concerning that bro who has probs wit his SEO. Go to ur privacy settings, and make sure ur site is visible to every1 including search engines.
You also need to check ur permalinks and make sure the links to ur post contain the title not just codes.
And you must also get essential plug-ins like the all in one seo pack, google xml sitemaps, etc.
@phreddie
Can u send materials on how to backlinks to me pls [gloriouswrite@yahoo.com]. Thanks.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by kaybest1: 10:04am On Jan 07, 2013
so thejames what do i do, how do i get started. pls a step by step approach uhn
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by elipec01(m): 12:25pm On Jan 07, 2013
Pls can u send me step by step on hw to start affillate online biz. My mail is elipecon@gmail.com. Tnks God bless
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by emailguru: 4:03am On Jan 10, 2013
Talking about blogging, I will advice that you start a blog right away and monetize it with different money making programs, since you know much about the health implications of Zobo and other drinks, this is your best bet to making extra income with your knowledge. Waste no time, start now and you will be amazed at the result!
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by phreddie(m): 9:35am On Feb 15, 2013
Discover all you need to know about an online mini importation business visit https://www.nairaland.com/1196480/ultimate-mini-importation-guide#14322536
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by runz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Demoreon pls can u guide me on hw to start affiliate marketing? Email udem_ikem@yahoo.com
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by joeace2020(m): 3:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hi Friend,

Have you heard about the latest online business that is making people
millionaires. Well, it is true,
very legitimate and real. I was recently introduced to a program which can
help you build a targeted
email list of business people and at the same time empowers and guarantees
to make you
N1,000,000 in 90 days.
Yes you heard me right... One Million Naira in 3 months! Here is the
catch... You will need to
invest a token of N3, 000 and apply all the strategies outlined in Work
Zone of the program. Once
you set it up, it becomes money making machine on auto-pilot that floods
your bank account with
avalanches of N2, 000s payments while you are relaxing with your friends
and family.
Are you excited? Let me tell you more about this Program.
• It requires no Product or Website.
• You only need your email, phone and bank account.
• Even a 10 year old can set it up easily.
• You can run it part time or full time.
• You do not need to bother yourself about telling people.
• Once set up, people will come to you to register, not you going to people.
• You will receive wonderful gifts to even help you make more money and
start or grow a business
• It is 100% Legal and backed up by U.S Service Postal Codes.
• If you want to join my email list of people who are going to make a lot
of money using this
program, there is no better time to join than Today because I'm among the
VERY first Nigerians
to run this in Nigeria. If you join today, there is the entire guarantee
that you will hit it big in a
little while from today.

What you will need to do is download the Introduction Letter called the EARLY BIRD then take your time to read it. Once you have acquainted yourself with EARLY
BIRD, then you cango to the next step. Once you are in then you can now have the power to make as much money as you want more than N1million in 90 days if you follow the steps we outline to automate the
program and start making money while You sleep and relax.
Take the next few seconds and download the EARLY BIRD free at

http://www.4shared.com/folder/qwIqZw1I/_online.html
or
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4O50m8-BgM0VUl1S2xEb3U5YzQ/edit?usp=sharing

When the download dialog box come out, Click on ‘Save’ to save it to your
computer or ‘Open’ to
download and read it immediately (recommended).
This will be the smartest idea you’ll ever take this Year. Come and join a
network of successful
business people and make money online.
Make the choice now.
I welcome any questions regarding this program.
To Your Online Success

Asemota Joseph
Freejoe2020@gmail. com
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 7:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
runz: Demoreon pls can u guide me on hw to start affiliate marketing? Email udem_ikem@yahoo.com
Sure I can, you will get a mail from me soon.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by runz(m): 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
I got ur mail and have sent u a response.thanks
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 8:49am On Feb 16, 2013
runz: I got ur mail and have sent u a response.thanks
Pls dis regard the mail you received as I haven't sent any.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by runz(m): 12:11pm On Feb 16, 2013
demoreon:
Pls dis regard the mail you received as I haven't sent any.
ok thanks,hoping to get urs soon.
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by demoreon: 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
runz: ok thanks,hoping to get urs soon.
I just left you a mail
Re: How To Start An Online Business In Nigeria (tutorial) by runz(m): 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
demoreon:
I just left you a mail
I didn't get d mail,try sending it again.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Expert Guide: 15 Tips To Boost Your Engagement On Instagram / Quality Bluetooth Speakers. Pay On Delivery! / Where Can I Change Ghanaian Cedis To Naira In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.