Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,790 members, 7,886,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:37 PM

Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures (674 Views)

Some Scriptures People Use Wrongly To Justify Themselves / He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / How Well Do You Know The Scriptures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2012
Scriptures are the messages from God given to and delivered by his anointed ones to guide people, help us behave normally and to fulfill his love for our lives. God is spirit, he related with his own in spirit to fulfill a purpose in life.

Scriptures are useful educating and instructing materials of divine origin to train the minds to understand and appreciate existence and the work of God. It is from there that we know the power of the word of God. He spoke a word and forms were evident from that which without form. He spoke the word and changes were taken place.

After God had created other things he created human beings to be in charge of all his creation. He made us realize that we are not created for just living, but for a purpose, to be in charge of other creation and to honor him. He designed it for the first people, ways to live rightly so that we might from this establish the right to live for all.

The first man and woman knew this and abide by it until the enemy came around and deceived them, unfortunately they could not take time to exploit closeness of the creator to seek for divine intervention which should have come by asking God to discern the strange voice despite opportunity God had given them to know when he spoke. They hearken and followed deception of the devil which was the first invitation of troubles and fall of man from original plan of God.

Lessons:
Why did God create us in his image? To live a godly life, show love, do good and honor him by everything about us.

Why God doesn't want evil for our lives? Jeremiah 29:11 says " For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope".

God has recognized a soul to his honor right from conception - warning against abortion. Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations"

We are not ordinary beings, unlike animals. Psalm 139:14 "I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well".

Christians believe, it is by God's love people are called his children. 1John3:1-3 "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. 2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure".

Scriptures are from God. Joshua1:8 "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success".

2 2Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work"

Please as this thread continues make your language and scripture clear and understood for others to gain without cracking head.
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 1:45pm On Dec 30, 2012
When you are confused and it seems that nothing is working you need to come unto the Lord and commit everything to him. He is on the throne to attend to your situation.

By the way of the scriptures all you need is: Psalm 37:4-5 "4 Delight yourself also in the Lord,And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
5 Commit your way to the Lord,Trust also in Him,And He shall bring it to pass".
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 4:34pm On Jan 06, 2013
Wait upon the Lord, join your hand with his own and continue doing
his will he is at all time available to let you
succeed with his angel guiding you

Exodus 23:20-22. 20 "Behold, I send an Angel before you to keep you in the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of Him and obey His voice; do not provoke Him, for He will not pardon your transgressions; for My name is in Him. 22 But if you indeed obey His voice and do all that I speak, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries".
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2013
God wants this to manifest in the lives of his people
Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 9:58am On Jan 19, 2013
God addressing people on the divinity of Jesus Christ

Matthew 17:5
5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!”

And Jesus being Son of God, Wisdom of God and the power of God gave us some description about himself in the scripture long before his coming to the earth in the flesh. This is for people that know and love the truth of God and of understanding hearts.

Proverbs 8:4–36

4“To you, O men, I call,
And my voice is to the sons of men.

5 O you simple ones, understand prudence,
And you fools, be of an understanding heart.

6 Listen, for I will speak of excellent things,
And from the opening of my lips will come right things;

7 For my mouth will speak truth;
Wickedness is an abomination to my lips.

8 All the words of my mouth are with righteousness;
Nothing crooked or perverse is in them.

9 They are all plain to him who understands,
And right to those who find knowledge.

10 Receive my instruction, and not silver,
And knowledge rather than choice gold;

11 For wisdom is better than rubies,
And all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.

12 “I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.

13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil;
Pride and arrogance and the evil way
And the perverse mouth I hate.

14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, I have strength.

15 By me kings reign,
And rulers decree justice.

16 By me princes rule, and nobles,
All the judges of the earth.

17 I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me.

18 Riches and honor are with me,
Enduring riches and righteousness.

19 My fruit is better than gold, yes, than fine gold,
And my revenue than choice silver.

20 I traverse the way of righteousness,
In the midst of the paths of justice,

21 That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth,
That I may fill their treasuries.

22 “The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His way,
Before His works of old.

23 I have been established from everlasting,
From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.

24 When there were no depths I was brought forth,
When there were no fountains abounding with water.

25 Before the mountains were settled,
Before the hills, I was brought forth;

26 While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields,
Or the primal dust of the world.

27 When He prepared the heavens, I was there,
When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,

28 When He established the clouds above,
When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,

29 When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,

30 Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,

31 Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.

32 “Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways.

33 Hear instruction and be wise,
And do not disdain it.

34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
Watching daily at my gates,
Waiting at the posts of my doors.

35 For whoever finds me finds life,
And obtains favor from the Lord;

36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20, 2013
Children of God Greater is He (Christ) that is in you than the devil in the world.

1John4:1-4
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2013
Neither be confused nor deceived by the antics of the false prophets that receive revelation and instruction from the devil and and the fallen angels. Stand stronger in the faith and knowledge of truth you have been called to know the power and grace of God.

Jesus Himself Warns
Matthew 24:4-5
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Prophet Jeremiah also warns
Jeremiah 23:23-29

23 “Am I a God near at hand,” says the Lord,
“And not a God afar off?

24 Can anyone hide himself in secret places,
So I shall not see him?” says the Lord;
“Do I not fill heaven and earth?” says the Lord.

25 “I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in My name, saying, ‘I have dreamed, I have dreamed!’ 26 How long will this be in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies? Indeed they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart, 27 who try to make My people forget My name by their dreams which everyone tells his neighbor, as their fathers forgot My name for Baal.

28 “The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream;
And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully.
What is the chaff to the wheat?” says the Lord.

29 “Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord,
“And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Learning to know Him whose coming is against the truth and peace of God and who is prepared to deceive many to believe and follow the way that leads to eternal destruction.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-13
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He will pose a great threat to the saints of the Lord, try to change the laws given by God and the time that is meant to be sacred for reminder of salvation of human souls from eternal destruction as made possible by the Saviour.

Daniel 7:25-27
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

26 ‘But the court shall be seated,
And they shall take away his dominion,
To consume and destroy it forever.

27 Then the kingdom and dominion,
And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven,
Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High.
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.
Re: Let's Teach Others A Lesson From The Scriptures by Rexyl(m): 5:20pm On Jan 27, 2013
Doing His will you are assigned with authority to be successful through life by the Lord

Matthew 28:18-20
18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore and nmake disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Minding the giants on the way

1Peter 5:8
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 9 Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. 10 But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.

Ephesians 6:10-13
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

James 4:7
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

(1) (Reply)

Ringtones Of Nigerians / Can You Cast Out Demons With An Ipad / T. B. Joshua Message To The World — “carry The Youth Along”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.