Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,953 members, 7,946,129 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 12:58 PM

I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me (1540 Views)

I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / 7 Types Of Guys Women Can't Resist- You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by suzwriter(f): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2008
i just think guys lie a lot,i dont say what i dont mean but it seems all guys say what they dont mean.its gotten so bad that im not comfortable being around guys,when a guy says im pretty i think he probably dont mean it.i like to analise a lot but i still have not been able to understand guys.im so fearful that i become mean and nasty to hide my fear,pls help! im 25 and not getting younger. embarassed
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by MyPeace(f): 2:25pm On Feb 21, 2008
have u been hurt by a guy u dearly loved before?
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by TOYOSI20(f): 5:46pm On Feb 21, 2008
If u don't give any guy a chance there is no way u

will get to know one for who he truly is,

It will take a lot of patience and perseverance,

But it will pan out in the long run,

Best of luck!!
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Busta(f): 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2008
@25 why u so scared of guys?

Don't run away from love but towards it, because love is the deepest joy. A lot of people tend to hold back after they've been hurt or let down. They say, I'm never going to love again. How dare you give another human being that kind of power over you? Don't let anyone hold your happiness in their hands, hold it in yours, so it will always be within your reach.

lindaikeji..com

fly your wings girl. . . u only live this life once.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Cassiel(f): 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2008
If its as bad as u say,go see a psychologist.I'm not trying to be mean here,i'm just being real.I think you need professional psychological help,cos girl,you're 25! Also read some good psychological books written by christians.Some of the problem lies with you,cos not all guys are bad.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by suzwriter(f): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2008
thanks for the reply,but funny enough i had all these answers in me,its just so hard,but at least i know i have a problem.it's even the reason i shared this part of me.THANKS.

But i think the guys can read me now cos they dont even ask me out any more! My friend says some of them check me out its just that i dont pay attention,but as for me o,i dont see them.so is it possible that they can read me,Some say its my expression because i think i unconciously harden up.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by naslinks(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2008
Sorry my dear.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by dequeen(f): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2008
suzwriter:

i just think guys lie a lot,i don't say what i don't mean but it seems all guys say what they don't mean.its gotten so bad that im not comfortable being around guys,when a guy says im pretty i think he probably don't mean it.i like to analise a lot but i still have not been able to understand guys.im so fearful that i become mean and nasty to hide my fear,please help! im 25 and not getting younger. embarassed

Guys are so desperate 2 d extent dat, if u are nothing they we tell u u are sometin, just 2 collect what dey want 4rm u. bt my sister i must say dis. u hv 2 give them chance, so as 2 know which one is better. Yoruba pp use 2 say "to obirin ko ba dan ile oko meji wo koni mo eyi to da" dont mind my Yoruba. i dont know may u hv been in relationship b/4? bt u hv 2 try ur best and keep on praying dat God should sent u "Mr Rite". u know we are no longer getting younger so we must make d hay while d sunshines. thou most of them are d same, bt they can still turn a new leaf u know change 4 better.

We girls, all we need now is prayer, so lets be praying 4 ourselves. Cheers

sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Easybaby(f): 12:27pm On Feb 22, 2008
when a guy says im pretty i think he probably don't mean it

Because, you already knew that you're not pretty at all undecided

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by doyin13(m): 12:33pm On Feb 22, 2008
Easybaby:

Because, you already knew that you're not pretty at all undecided

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

when people plenty like this for nairaland. . .dem go dey accuse me of facetiousness angry angry angry angry
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Easybaby(f): 12:41pm On Feb 22, 2008
@doyin13,
tongue tongue tongue
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by suzwriter(f): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2008
easybaby,u really should be more considerate about peoples feelings. shocked sad shocked
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by opokonwa(m): 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2008
@poster
Obviously you need a psychologist
And practical lessons on socializing with the opposite sex.
You either have an inferiority complex or suspicious personality almost to the point of schizophrenia.
Nobody can help you except yourself. Friends can only try so much.
If all guys are liars like you claim, I wonder the fate of all the millions of sisters in various r/lships.
You need to work on yourself, see a doctor or confide in friends 'cause such post is shameful. sad
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by NaJaHaJe(f): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2008
@suzwriter

From reading your post it sounds like you have been affected/influenced into this perseption as a result of your surroundings.

I don't need to ask you to post your pic because am a true believer that everyone is beautiful simply because it comes from within.

First step is to acknowledge that you have a problem --- which you have done.
Second; identify when it started? you may not be able to pick out a moment but you will be able to identify a period in you life when your thinking evolved.

quetions like these could help you dig deeper:

do you have brothers?
if you do, what do they talk about?

Do you have guy friends?
If you do what do they talk about?

first of all what are your friends like?
do they have boyfriends?
if they don't, why?
Have you had a serious relationship with a boy?

Third; you understand your problem and take hold of it mentally and then begin to brainwash it.

Do not wait for anyone to tell you how beautiful you are or commend you in anyway rather begin to do that to yourself.

Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself what you want to hear. When you walking on the street hold your head up high and look ahead of you with only positive thoughts in your head.
when you talk to guys; take more interest in their lives and don't focus too much on your's.

Let you light shine girl cos you've got it  kiss kiss kiss kiss

[center] babes if you want me to I can call you.[/center]
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2008
suzwriter:

i just think guys lie a lot,i don't say what i don't mean but it seems all guys say what they don't mean.its gotten so bad that im not comfortable being around guys,when a guy says im pretty i think he probably don't mean it.i like to analise a lot but i still have not been able to understand guys.im so fearful that i become mean and nasty to hide my fear,please help! im 25 and not getting younger. embarassed

u see the bolded bit, that is ur problem. u women need to stop all this im not getting any younger B/S. that is desperation. when u start getting desperate then this is what u get.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by efuah(f): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2008
OMO IBO. . . i agree with u.

@poster, my dear u gotta use ya head. As a lady, b4 u come out u have to know what/who u are and who u're not. Be confident/dependant. Don't think it takes a man to be in ya life b4 ur life becomes complete. Men are what u just described up there. Listening to their sweet words wl not only blindfold u. . . but wld also be served sh*t n term it a plate of rice! Get real yaself, be analytical, take ur time to know a guy b4 u hit it real wt him. . . i must say am surprise at ya age n ur utterances. undecided
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2008
efuah:

OMO IBO. . . i agree with u.

@poster, my dear u gotta use ya head. As a lady, before u come out u have to know what/who u are and who u're not. Be confident/dependant. Don't think it takes a man to be in ya life before your life becomes complete. Men are what u just described up there. Listening to their sweet words wl not only blindfold u. . . but would also be served sh*t n term it a plate of rice! Get real yaself, be analytical, take your time to know a guy before u hit it real wt him. . . i must say am surprise at ya age n your utterances. undecided

Preach!
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by tkb417(m): 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
@Poster
be urself poster. . .stop seeing urself the way the guys around u see you.
who says life is all about how the guys see you.
Do good for urself, get a good man to marry and forget about MEN

PS: Stop roaming the streets with guys that lie to you
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by ogb5(m): 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2008
I don't see why you are bothered. be happy that guys lie to you. It simply shows you are desirable and they are prepared to lie to get and keep you.

You have to understand why they lie to you. in many cases guys will tell you what they think you want to hear. That shows they don't want to lose you.
Are you sad because aman does not want to lose you or you are sad because a man find you desirable.

You must work on yourself to know why guys are afraid to tell you the truth, work on yourself to make guys trust you enough to reveal their shortcomings truthfully. If you can do this you we realised that not all guys are really bad.

It could be they believe you are lieing, hence they want to play the game your style, it could be you are a perfectionist and they can't keep up, so they lie to to cover up. You have to try and know why they lie to you.

It could be that you are very sensitive to lies, just be real and move on, People lie and will continue to lie, both men and women. Don't lose sleep over it.

Remember,if you look for fault in a man you will always find fault, so be real, pick one and stick to him. Relationships tend to evolve in cycles, at times there are so many problems, at other times so much bliss, so work on your relationship to overcome the problems.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by tollu: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2008
ogb5:

I[b] don't see why you are bothered. be happy that guys lie to you. It simply shows you are desirable and they are prepared to lie to get and keep you.[/b]

You have to understand why they lie to you. in many cases guys will tell you what they think you want to hear. That shows they don't want to lose you.
Are you sad because aman does not want to lose you or you are sad because a man find you desirable.

You must work on yourself to know why guys are afraid to tell you the truth, work on yourself to make guys trust you enough to reveal their shortcomings truthfully. If you can do this you we realised that not all guys are really bad.

It could be they believe you are lieing, hence they want to play the game your style, it could be you are a perfectionist and they can't keep up, so they lie to to cover up. You have to try and know why they lie to you.

It could be that you are very sensitive to lies, just be real and move on, People lie and will continue to lie, both men and women. Don't lose sleep over it.

Remember,if you look for fault in a man you will always find fault, so be real, pick one and stick to him. Relationships tend to evolve in cycles, at times there are so many problems, at other times so much bliss, so work on your relationship to overcome the problems.

What warped logic!
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by ogb5(m): 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2008
its up to you.

remember men don't lie to prostitutes, except in jokes.

they tell them the truth, the women take the truth or lose the money.
why is that so
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2008
You really have to let yourself go and stop being uptight. Your analysing would only make you see faults in people, I tell you. Learn to engage in conversations not fighting matches with men. They are not your enemy but you are because you are the one depriving yourself from love.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by tommyex(m): 12:41am On Feb 23, 2008
I ll go with OMO IBo on this 1
and every1 is cute enough for some1 else.

Its jus dat girls like lies too much,and most times they cant know who really loves them.
Na d lies them like which doesnt last long(I am still learning though) grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by RDynamite(f): 2:18am On Feb 23, 2008
Guys lie a lot, no doubt. Women too lie.

I think the problem you're facing now is as a result of :

Too naive=too nice
Too nice= him being too nice as well
Him being too nice=you trusting every word he says
You trusting him=giving in to his desires 'cause you "trust him"
Giving in=him leavin u (as your case is)
Him leaving=heartbreak, regret, bitterness, distrust,hostile, insecure etc

Don't say yes to SEX as soon as you meet a guy.I may be wrong you do this, however.

If you need to stay away from guys then do so until u feel better. You should stop hanging around them. Find a close friend you can talk to. It always helps. You don't need guys around you all the time.

I just hope you're not getting desperate about marriage. If you are, then be assured to nurse this misery for a while.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by ty4real(m): 4:20pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Naslink!
What are we saying what are you marketing!someone needs help here, you are marketing you rcar!What insensitiveness grin grin grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by gracias: 11:48am On Feb 25, 2008
thanks once again but i think ill go mostly with naja haje.God bless u all!
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by kukuboy(m): 12:28pm On Feb 25, 2008
Suzwriter, can u pls try me?
Am not sayn am 100% ok,but give me a trier n u will never regret it.
mail via ashmor4real@yahoo.com
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by pahtahkee: 2:52pm On Feb 25, 2008
WYSIWYG!

@ Poster,
The more you try to analyze a guy based on your biased emotions, the more you will keep getting it all wrong. What I would suggest is use your head and trsut your heart and not your emotions.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by western(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2008
YES GUY'Z LIE!!!. BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT GUY THAT LIED ARE EASILY KNOWN, BUT YOU GIRLS ARE ALWAYS BEEN CARRIED AWAY. TRY THING ABOUT IT . THAT NOTE IS VERY MEANIFUL.
NO WAY YOU JUST HAVE TO KEEP INTERACTING WITH US, SO AS TO WHO WE REALLY ARE.
Re: I Am Scared Of Guys! Pls Help Me by larekey(m): 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2008
listen stop looking for excuses why u are currently not in a relationship, that guys lie a lot is a reason why u are currently not in arelationship is just bullshit, so we lie, so what who doesn't is it u girls that do not lie , and if aguy lies to u that u are beautiful and u already know that u are not then what harm has been done, stop chasing shadows and giving unneccessary excuses for ur single status.

(1) (Reply)

IS There Anything Wrong In Dating Your Course-mate' Immediate Elder Sister / I Dont Think Ladies Have Head: / Is It Right To Call Ur Gf's Sister On The Phone Occassionally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.