Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,641 members, 7,889,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:55 PM

MTEL: What's wrong? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTEL: What's wrong? (1228 Views)

Mtel Wap / Short Code Service On MTN, Vmobile, Glo And Mtel / Comparing Vmobile, MTN, Glo and MTEL GPRS Browsing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTEL: What's wrong? by Bilspop(m): 11:12am On Aug 09, 2005
Do we have an Mtel User in the house? Or have we all negelet Mtel as one of our service providers, because i dont think i have had anything about MTEL lately.

What is really wrong with the company. I know they are experiencing some managerial problems but i dont think that should affect their services. MTEL has not really been up to the task.

I really pity the company but i think it's all the [/i]Nigerian factor[i] that is affecting them. If the federal government is ready to raise the company today, it will be raised by midnight
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by otokx(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2005
I am an MTEL user o; they are managable in some parts of Port Harcourt, especially UNIPORT. The problem is that they are not advertising much and their network still encounters problems every now and then.
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by ganjamo(m): 11:35pm On Aug 13, 2005
I kind of like MTEL - straight up no frills "we give you the cheapest calls and free text" - [though] that's if it works as intended. Plenty of times you send a dozen text messages only to have a dozen reports tell you "message failed".

I love them because they never told me they were the best or better connection or "it's all about me" or even encouraged me to "Glo with [false] pride". They only said "talk the talk", as in "talk am o when you get de chance! no waste ya luck.

God, I love Mtel! grin
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by Owen(m): 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2005
Hey guys! lets face the real fact... Mtel no just join at all!!!! Infact they never did and I doubt they ever will... tongue
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by otokx(m): 9:06am On Oct 24, 2005
MTEL is relatively ok giving the circumstances, if you send an sms and it goes, you wont be charged because they don't expect it to go. Their call rates are the cheapest around especially between 1am and 6am.
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by auwal(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2006
i prefer mtel to any other network maybe cause i can browse with mine,
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by cushman(m): 10:30am On Apr 19, 2006
I love mtel. Unfortunately, they offer poor services. But i believe things will shape-up with time. @ auwal, could u please give us d mtel gprs settings? Thanx
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by auwal(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2006
, aon1.mtel.ng, (the access point), i don't really know weather it will work,
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by auwal(m): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2006
sorry i was in a hurry , apn1.mtel.ng,
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by Oracle(m): 9:56pm On Jul 30, 2006
The network has been having their problems for a very long time, one thing i know about them is that their calls are really cheap, but before the call connects you'll have to dial the number a thousand times.
I have an Uncle who uses the network and wont just Change, he say he loves Mtel
I don't know if they still exist in Naija now
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 11:49am On Aug 10, 2006
I HAVE OVER 200 CONTACT NUMBER ON MY PHONE
NO M-TEL NUMBER
AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN CALL WITH 0804
WHAT'S HAPPENING
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by cushman(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2006
That will be taken care of. Give me your number and i'll give you a call with 0804 grin
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by drogba(m): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2006
cushman:

That will be taken care of. Give me your number and i'll give you a call with 0804 grin
nice idea man grin grin BTW, can you browse with your mtel line?

I just went through my contacts and only one mtel number, that network is dead.
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by cushman(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2006
Nope, i cannot browse with my mtel. I've been looking for their GPRS config settings but couldn't get it. Though i send free text messages but after Transcorp took over, whenever i recharge, my account will be wiped out completely. I was told buy their customer care consultant that i'll pay for all the past free text messages i sent. I laughed at him.
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by drogba(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2006
Can Mtel send SMS to other networks, I mean MTN, glo and Vmobile?
Why don't you try talking to their customer care to activate your line for GPRS?
Re: MTEL: What's wrong? by cushman(m): 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2006
Yes, you can send SMSs to all the networks. But you can't send it outside Nigeria.

I've talked to their CCCs several times about activating gprs but they always tell me they are not authorized to do that or they have not launched the service.

Bros, mtel is a complete waste. I've since drained down my sim down the sink

(1) (Reply)

Security Code / How Much Is Lg Chocolate Phone / Glo Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.