Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,118 members, 7,977,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:46 PM

How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 (12212 Views)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. / APC Senator-elect Have Now Reduced To 58 • How PDP Can Win / PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
Alhajrem is a dreamer
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
seanet01: Beyond expectation ke?
Pdp have nothing to offer except borrowing 18 billion naira to build six stadia.

Oh so we bring out how much Tinubu borrowed and actually did not implement ?

what of the 22 billion DOLLARS Tinubu borrowed in the name of Lagos for railways during his tenure from the world bank ?I am sure you do not know about that, neither is it on the internet but this is first hand fact.

Where are the rails and trains now
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 10:43pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

LOL environmental sanitation is change in Oyo.. The same Oyo I still went 4 days ago ? Ok yes that is a change

Now here are the challenges facing OYO,

1. Poor road network
2. Narrow roads
3. Dirty
4. Organisation

I can keep going on.

When was the last time you heard NURTW going on rampage in Oyo

The ACN has been able to secure lives and properties which the PDP ruined in their regime

https://www.nairaland.com/1143318/2012-year-peace-oyo

“The purposeful leadership and administrative qualities of Ajimobi is highly commendable. This is the first time in the history of Oyo State that we are celebrating various festivals in a year with minimal chaos and insecurity. This year 2012 is a wonderful year.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108688:-2012-year-of-peace-in-oyo&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by takedat(m): 10:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

I am not advocating for other states to have PDP but Lagos YES. I am not one of those paid agents, tribal bigots or just a sheep following the flow of the herd. I am a true Lagosian and would not use Party or any other sentiment to ruin Lagos.

Now ACN aka Tinubu is ruining Lagos and you know it unless you are one of those that is just obsessed with ACN propagandas.

In this life there is time for everything, I voted for Fashola even though I do not like ACN. Some of us see the bigger picture. Even Tinubu and Fashola were not and are not still in good terms. WHY YOU ASK ? because tinubu wants to keep stealing and acting like a God-father anf Fashola is a true democratic good person that thinks of the people he leads first before any stu.pid Tinubu or party. That is what a leader is meant to be doing, THAT IS WHAT WE NEED IN LAGOS.

I could careless of other states outside because they have their leaders accountable. The federal power needs to be changed as well of which I have always advocated for. I want PDP to lose 2015 in Nigeria but does not stop my impending passion for my home state.

How can tinubu own more than 50 % of Lagos wealth and we call in democrazy. All the lands in Lekki is owned by Tinubu and using Lagos funds meant for the "common man" he beautified HIS PERSONAL PROPERTY not Lagos. Who is fooling who ?

All the crap you all just type on NL, it best to just watch at times because you do not realise how angry Lagosian are with Tinubu and ACN.
If tinubu who belongs to an opposition party is responsible for plundering Lagos funds and he is not being prosecuted by PDP led FG, how do you expect that same party to prosecute a thieving member supposedly if PDP wins Lagos? It means the PDP governor will be at liberty to loot the entire resources.
What has PDP done in its capacity at the Federal level that is beneficial to Lagosians to deserve their sympathy? What has PDP done differently in most states where it is governing that Lagosians will be yearning for such leadership? Do you mean to say that all the egg heads in Lagos belong to PDP and there is a dearth of good hands in the opposition parties? Are PDP members less corrupt than Tinubu?
Lagos is the pacesetter, it will be foolish of Lagosians to regress instead of progressing cos for every flaw that ACN can be ascribed with, you have more in PDP. Lagosians should look outside of both parties or pick the lesser evil and stop championing a lost cause!

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu:

When was the last time you heard NURTW going on rampage in Oyo

The ACN has been able to secure lives and properties which the PDP ruined in their regime

https://www.nairaland.com/1143318/2012-year-peace-oyo

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108688:-2012-year-of-peace-in-oyo&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

You see Egbon Dayo, ACN can keep running other state. As far as Lagos is concerned, they have NOTHING TO OFFER LAGOS AGAIN !!! OTHER THAN TINUBU TO ACQUIRE MORE MONEY FOR HIMSELF.

Ok if you ACN PEOPLE think at all, [size=18pt]why not ask where Tinubu got the millions of pound he boasted about giving Mimiko[/size] Ask questions so you would engage your brains. ( No insult to my most esteem Dayo and other SWerners)

He is even telling you he has millions of pounds of which he has no business he calls his own before office. What sort of business would make someone invest MILLIONS of pounds in a mere election. He didn't even feel it.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2013
take dat: If tinubu who belongs to an opposition party is responsible for plundering Lagos funds and he is not being prosecuted by PDP led FG, how do you expect that same party to prosecute a thieving member supposedly if PDP wins Lagos? It means the PDP governor will be at liberty to loot the entire resources.
What has PDP done in its capacity at the Federal level that is beneficial to Lagosians to deserve their sympathy? What has PDP done differently in most states where it is governing that Lagosians will be yearning for such leadership? Do you mean to say that all the egg heads in Lagos belong to PDP and there is a dearth of good hands in the opposition parties? Are PDP members less corrupt than Tinubu?
Lagos is the pacesetter, it will be foolish of Lagosians to regress instead of progressing cos for every flaws that ACN can be ascribed with, you have more in PDP. Lagosians should look outside of both parties or pick the lesser evil and stop championing a lost cause!

SMH SMH SMH

How can PDP lead government prosecute Tinubu ? Is the judiciary government under any party ? Is the Judge a PDP man ? Was it not of recent that Salami was removed cause of the corrupt practises he was doing for Tinubu if at all there is any party affiliation. Thanks to Oga Tinubu

Lagos state is different from other states because people in Lagos would ask questions and talk. Stop comparing Lagos with the rest of the 35 states. They are not in any way upto Lagos in terms of politics, interrogations, debates, education, accountability etc all of which would keep any corrupt leader on his/her toes.

You asked if PDP members less corrupt than Tinubu ? LOL You are a funny man

This brings me to the typical Nigerian system. When you steal small, you are prosecuted but when you steal big, you are considered a hero. When Bode George was caught with 80 billion naira see all of you shout on NL but tinubu that cannot still account for 22 billion dollers which is more than Bode, he is considered a hero. How typical

Yes ofcourse Lagos is a pacesetter right from the days of Jakande, Marwa and co. Fashola is not the first to move us forward and certainly would not be the last. Are you saying it is only ACN that can move us forward ?

Outside both parties Yes you might be right but the alternative is LP of which Mimiko is a disappointment as well. PDP is the only alternative as they would want to impress and keep Lagos. Let me remind you that State chapter of a party is different from the federal.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by PastorOla1: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
Who ACN is presenting will be a big factor, Tinubu can say his wife is ACN candidate or Kuforiji the speaker, wrong candidate may kill ACN chance in Lagos
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:08pm On Jan 02, 2013
Pastor Ola: Who ACN is presenting will be a big factor, Tinubu can say his wife is ACN candidate or Kuforiji the speaker, wrong candidate may kill ACN chance in Lagos

lol of course a puppet. We were just blessed that Fashola knows to dine with the devil you need a long spoon.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2013
I need to know the reason why some people still want Tinubu to keep ruling Lagos state angry
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by takedat(m): 11:16pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

SMH SMH SMH

How can PDP lead government prosecute Tinubu ? Is the judiciary government under any party ? Is the Judge a PDP man ? Was it not of recent that Salami was removed cause of the corrupt practises he was doing for Tinubu if at all there is any party affiliation. Thanks to Oga Tinubu

Lagos state is different from other states because people in Lagos would ask questions and talk. Stop comparing Lagos with the rest of the 35 states. They are not in any way upto Lagos in terms of politics, interrogations, debates, education, accountability etc all of which would keep any corrupt leader on his/her toes.

You asked if PDP members less corrupt than Tinubu ? LOL You are a funny man

This brings me to the typical Nigerian system. When you steal small, you are prosecuted but when you steal big, you are considered a hero. When Bode George was caught with 80 billion naira see all of you shout on NL but tinubu that cannot still account for 22 billion dollers which is more than Bode, he is considered a hero. How typical

Yes ofcourse Lagos is a pacesetter right from the days of Jakande, Marwa and co. Fashola is not the first to move us forward and certainly would not be the last. Are you saying it is only ACN that can move us forward ?

Outside both parties Yes you might be right but the alternative is LP of which Mimiko is a disappointment as well. PDP is the only alternative as they would want to impress and keep Lagos. Let me remind you that State chapter of a party is different from the federal.
You evaded all the questions I asked simply because you are hell bent on championing a PDP agenda. The PDP government controls EFCC, ICPC and the anti fraud unit of the Nigerian Police so your excuse of the judiciary being an independent body is not tenable. You outrightly condemned a Mimiko who recently earned the people's mandate to go for a second term as a "disappointment" while you have nothing whatsoever to say of a lacklustre PDP. I'll pay no mind to you henceforth cos you've been unable to give reasons why its only the PDP that can ameliorate the suffering of Lagosians which they've been unable to do at the federal level
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by neupert(m): 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
If they can come out with the right candidate this time around unlike when they came out with OBANIKORO who was a wrong choice even a Ghanaian would win more votes than him in this Lagos.
A very good candidate with good reputation is sure to give Tinubu and his boys a good fight for supremacy.
I rest my case.
Less i forget he or she as the case may be must be a lagosian omo eko gan-gan
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
alj harem:

You see Egbon Dayo, ACN can keep running other state. As far as Lagos is concerned, they have NOTHING TO OFFER LAGOS AGAIN !!! OTHER THAN TINUBU TO ACQUIRE MORE MONEY FOR HIMSELF.

Ok if you ACN PEOPLE think at all, [size=18pt]why not ask where Tinubu got the millions of pound he boasted about giving Mimiko[/size] Ask questions so you would engage your brains. ( No insult to my most esteem Dayo and other SWerners)

He is even telling you he has millions of pounds of which he has no business he calls his own before office. What sort of business would make someone invest MILLIONS of pounds in a mere election. He didn't even feel it.

If ACN has nothing to offer is it Bode George, Obanikoro etc that have something to offer lagosians?

Tinubu was an accountant and after office he owns several businesses So the money he gave Mimiko from from his numerous businesses or do you deny that Tinubu has businesses all over
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
take dat: You evaded all the questions I asked simply because you are hell bent on championing a PDP agenda. The PDP government controls EFCC, ICPC and the anti fraud unit of the Nigerian Police so your excuse of the judiciary being an independent body is not tenable. You outrightly condemned a Mimiko who recently earned the people's mandate to go for a second term as a "disappointment" while you have nothing whatsoever to say of a lacklustre PDP. I'll pay no mind to you henceforth cos you've been unable to give reasons why its only the PDP that can ameliorate the suffering of Lagosians which they've been unable to do at the federal level

Did I not answer your questions ? Maybe I should pick them one by one

take dat: The PDP government controls EFCC, ICPC and the anti fraud unit of the Nigerian Police so your excuse of the judiciary being an independent body is not tenable.

In any prosecution, it needs to follow due process. EFCC cannot just go and lock up Tinubu, he needs to go to court and like every politian in Nigeria, they bribe and lobby themselves through. Example Ibori and co. Was it not the same ICPC that arrested a PDP cheifian Bode George.

So you point is pointless here. I have said it that those anti-fraud unit are independent of PDP as a party

take dat: You outrightly condemned a Mimiko who recently earned the people's mandate to go for a second term as a "disappointment" while you have nothing whatsoever to say of a lacklustre PDP.

LOL There is a saying that goes, " the devil you know is better than the angel you do not know " That was the case of Mimiko. The outright hate for Tinubu made people vote Mimiko in and not that he is a good governor. I visited Ondo (Akure the capital city) and to be honest I was disappointed. Maybe because I was coming from Lagos and I expect Ondo a SW state to measure up. Why do you think PDP got better votes than ACN ? You think it was by mistake ? NO people have opened their eyes.

Again PDP in ondo, I cannot really say much because as I told you earlier if your read my post. I don't really care about other state about from Lagos in this decision. And I have given you reason as of why. Go read my post again.

take dat: I'll pay no mind to you henceforth cos you've been unable to give reasons why its only the PDP that can ameliorate the suffering of Lagosians which they've been unable to do at the federal level

I have given you that reason in my previous post. Also hithaba give you as well. Read his post as well.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
neupert: If they can come out with the right candidate this time around unlike when they came out with OBANIKORO who was a wrong choice even a Ghanaian would win more votes than him in this Lagos.
A very good candidate with good reputation is sure to give Tinubu and his boys a good fight for supremacy.
I rest my case.
Less i forget he or she as the case may be must be a lagosian omo eko gan-gan

Gbammmm God bless you my brother. I never expect Obanikoro or any of those funny people to win. Likes of Ade dosumu would do. remember that is how Fashola too won the election after Funsho died.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
dayokanu:

If ACN has nothing to offer is it Bode George, Obanikoro etc that have something to offer lagosians?

Tinubu was an accountant and after office he owns several businesses So the money he gave Mimiko from from his numerous businesses or do you deny that Tinubu has businesses all over
shocked shocked shocked shocked Dayo egbon Dayo. How many accountants have tthousands of pounds ?

What businesses did he do that can't be accounted for. Did those business provide millions of pounds to an individual ?

We are our own worse enemies. Egbon DAYO, please don't be a blind follower but follow with reason.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
the funny thing is that people have still not given me the reason why ACN should continue. I have given you the reason why we should change Lagos ruling party to PDP. Yes the evil PDP.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 4:12am On Jan 03, 2013
^^^

Because according to DK,nothing good can come from PDP . I've told Dayo in this thread that what it takes PDP to beat ACN is just for them to give us credible candidate because certainly lagosians are tired of Tinubu's ACN .
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 4:40am On Jan 03, 2013
alj harem:

Oh so we bring out how much Tinubu borrowed and actually did not implement ?

what of the 22 billion DOLLARS Tinubu borrowed in the name of Lagos for railways during his tenure from the world bank ?I am sure you do not know about that, neither is it on the internet but this is first hand fact.

Where are the rails and trains now
alhajrem, haba, which kind of lie is this? Where did Tinubu borrowed 22 billion dollars to buy railway?
What a bloody liar you are.
Do you know that 22 billion dollars is 3.3 trillion naira?
You are the most useless liar on nairaland
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 4:42am On Jan 03, 2013
lateef4me: ^^^

Because according to DK,nothing good can come from PDP . I've told Dayo in this thread that what it takes PDP to beat ACN is just for them to give us credible candidate because certainly lagosians are tired of Tinubu's ACN .

You dey craze. Now look at the membership database of Pdp in lagos and tell me any of their member worth voting for in 2015?
Certainly Responsible and informed Lagosians are ok with ACN.
Thunder Fire Pdp.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by gratiaeo(m): 5:34am On Jan 03, 2013
If PDP are serious about 2015 its simple, get a vibrat young man with track record then make Igbo man his deputy...
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 6:45am On Jan 03, 2013
Seanet01,

You dey craze. Now look at the membership database of Pdp in lagos and tell me any of their member worth voting for in 2015?
Thunder Fire Pdp.

Mr Man,can't you pass your comment without resorting to insult and abuse . This is new year ,let's learn how to relate civilly with ourselves ...
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 7:38am On Jan 03, 2013
lateef4me: Seanet01,

Thunder Fire Pdp.

Mr Man,can't you pass your comment without resorting to insult and abuse . This is new year ,let's learn how to relate civilly with ourselves ...
Mr. Man ko, madam ni, some of you are just muguns. So you expect people to vote for Pdp in Lagos?
This is the same pdp that have all its Federal roads in Lagos state in shambles,
can you please tell me the present condition of the Apapa oworonshoki express way?
Just name a single project constructed by pdp in Lagos?
You know what you are if you can not tell Lagosians how pdp have impacted positively on their lives if they can not rehabilitate just a single road like Apapa to Oworonshoki road which link A very important Seaport to the whole Country.
Just bury your dunce head in shame for pulling up this kind of r.e.t.ar.ded thread.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 7:41am On Jan 03, 2013
gratiaeo: If PDP are serious about 2015 its simple, get a vibrat young man with track record then make Igbo man his deputy...
Make an ibo his deputy?
Are you dreaming?
Well a Yoruba man must first become the President of your elusive Biafra before this can happen.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2013
We'll both be here the day Lagosians collectively vote Tinubu and his ACN out of power .
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by seanet01: 8:49am On Jan 03, 2013
lateef4me: We'll both be here the day Lagosians collectively vote Tinubu and his ACN out of power .
Dreamer.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by bruno47(m): 10:36am On Jan 03, 2013
The masses are tired of acn led government!
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by aljharem(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2013
seanet01: alhajrem, haba, which kind of lie is this? Where did Tinubu borrowed 22 billion dollars to buy railway?
What a bloody liar you are.
Do you know that 22 billion dollars is 3.3 trillion naira?
You are the most useless liar on nairaland

Gerrout You think I am like beaf ? These are facts unless you do not follow your oga.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by lateef4me(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2013
I will personally compaign against ACN in 2015 . The domineering of Tinubu MUST come to an end in Lagos . Thank God it has started in Ondo .Imagine ACN coming third in Ondo state ?
Next state to watch is Osun and finally Lagos where Tinubu's empire will collapse finally .....
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Guk: 1:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
I have just 2 questions to ask: Please read below and show me

(1) Anti people policies and Pro rich policies of LASG
(2) Provide me with Account/Stewardship rendering with verifiable facts of any PDP governor for those who want PDP in Lagos state.

Its not PDP, we should be rooting for, its good governance; accounatbility; transperency etc which evr party can provide it in Lagos

This is the 20th in the series of my 100-day account rendering Town-Hall meetings to you, the good people of Lagos. This occasion is significant because it coincides with 2,000 days of your partnership and support for our government; formed by the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN); and freely elected by you. It remains a humbling privilege to be the lead public servant and we remain truly grateful and unassuming of your trust and confidence.

At the report presented on the 1,800-day, I had briefed you about the challenges we were facing in securing funding for the Mile 12-Ikorodu Road expansion and the court action that was delaying the construction of 660 housing units in Agbowa. We have since concluded the financing and commenced construction with about 584 people now employed in construction; and have awarded the construction contract for Mile 12-Ikorodu Road expansion.

At the 1,900-day event, I did not personally address you. It was decided that the heads of those involved departments should brief you about the work being done in your various constituencies.
I am aware of the entire proceedings in the East, West and Central Senatorial Districts and have held extensive meetings to put in place plans to address your concerns within the limits of our resources. Thank you for your active participation and support. We are all certainly better for it.

This is why we have commenced a statewide tour to assess the progress of on-going projects and have mobilised our budget to ensure the completion of those projects.
Today, we return to our usual format of reporting every 100 days with updates from my last report.

BUDGET
We have presented our 3rd Quarter Budget performance report of 65% for the 3rdQuarter. Combining the 1st through to the 3rd Quarter, we have delivered an aggregate performance of 72% so far.
We have also presented the budget estimates for 2013 to the state House of Assembly, and we are dedicated to finishing the 4th Quarter stronger than we did in the 3rd Quarter.

Some of the projects and programmes being delivered in your various local government and senatorial districts include: the award of 185 inner city road contracts; the award of 1,404 housing units, the award of the Adiyan Phase II 70 million gallons-per-day Water Project and the construction of a 60km pipeline network to be dedicated to such areas as Iju, Agege, Ifako-Ijaiye, Alimosho, Ojo and Ikeja.

We are also concluding plans to upgrade Ishasi Waterworks from 4mgd to 12mgd to service the Ijanikin-Badagry axis. On November 6, 2012, we visited Oyingbo Market and the two markets being built in Tejuosho; the 36-unit housing project in Shitta; the 60-unit housing project in Mushin, the expansion and concrete lining of the System-6c canal that passes through Itire; the reconstruction of the damaged Ilasamaja pedestrian overhead bridge and the reconstruction and expansion of Kodesoh Road in Ikeja.

On November 13, 2012, we inspected our 540-unit Lagos HOMS project at Sangotedo; the on-going construction of road projects in Kasali Oluwo Street, Odo-Egiri Road, Igbonla Road, Salabiu Olanrewaju Street and Oba Animashaun Road; the combined High Court and Magistrate Court in Epe; the Epe Waterfront reclamation and shoreline protection project; and Oba’s Palace at Ilara-Epe. At Badore, we assessed the progress of the Badore Ferry Terminal and Jetty, the Langbasa Road, Ado-Kekere Street and Kajola Street in the Aja Area.

EDUCATION
At the commencement of the reform process in 2007, the average number of students obtaining five credits including Mathematics and English was 7%. This year, we have reached 38.28%. For the first time, our state is now in the top 10 of the 36 States at the forefront of public education revival, and the only South-Western state in the top 10 this year.

In the last 100 days, our technical colleges graduated a total of 6,000 students; many of whom have been employed by private sector operators who are partnering us to design their curriculum to meet industry standards. The electrical graduates amongst them work with the Lagos State Electricity Board to light up Lagos. The renovations of the classroom block in Agidingbi Technical College were done by the students and not an external contractor. Our new Electronic Engineering Academy in Agidingbi was built in partnership with Samsung Electronics that guarantees employment for every child trained at the Centre.

HOUSING
We are currently constructing housing units in 10 sites in Igando, Omole Phase I & Phase II, Sangotedo, Mushin, Ilupeju, Agbowa, Ogba Phase I & Phase II, Surelere and Igbogbo. Employed are 882 main contactors, 836 sub-contractors, 1,835 artisans, 1,940 labourers, 905 suppliers and 49 food vendors; totalling 6,450 people employed in less than one year.
HEALTHCARE
We are rapidly coming to the completion of the Gbagada Heart & Kidney Centre, the Isolo General Hospital Mortuary and the Ayinke House. Our health missions continue to take basic healthcare for diagnosis and cure to our people in their communities, screening and treating them in their thousands for diabetes, hypertension and cancer. Our preventive health initiative at the grassroots level is taking shape in partnership with our local government chairmen. We have successfully trained and graduated the first batch of 300 graduate volunteers to serve.

AGRICULTURE
We are improving on rice cultivation, milling and bagging; poultry production and processing; fish and seafood production, education and provision of extension services to farmers. We held the first Lagos Seafood Festival to showcase our aquaculture potentials and to expose and export our very proud seafood menu beyond Lagos. Our quest to create farms outside our state is yielding results as we have acquired 500 hectares of land in Ogun State, to grow rice to feed our mill in Imota.

SPORTS AND TOURISM
In October, we hosted the 12th edition of the Governor’s Tennis Cup, which is the only International Tennis Federation sanctioned tournament in West Africa. The event attracted entries from 361 players from 30 countries. Taking a cue from this, a private sector company has launched an initiative called “Breaking the Mould”, which brought the world famous Williams Sisters - Venus and Serena - to Lagos. In the next few days, we will be hosting the 18th edition of the National Sports Festival and we expect up to 20,000 visitors who will bring in revenue.

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
On May 29th 2012, we commissioned the Lagos Traffic Radio broadcast on 96.1 FM; to help commuters get advance information and plan their journey. Also, the new Traffic Law was signed into effect on August 2nd 2012. With on-going advocacy and the installation of over 17,000 road signs, we are experiencing more voluntary compliance and seeing improved driving culture. Between July—before the law came into effect—and September 2012, of the 13,322 people attending our Drivers’ Institute, about 10.1% had bad vision and have since been referred for corrective action to improve vision and return them back to the road.

Between August 2nd when the law came into effect and the end of September 2012, we noticed a 68.4% increase in attendance in the Drivers’ Institute. During the same period, 58,174 vehicles came in to obtain their Road Worthiness Certificates, a 20.9% increase from the period before the law. We also noticed a 48.4% increase in the issuance of drivers’ licence which should suggest safer drivers and accident reduction. More importantly, fines have reduced between July and September by 24.2%; contrary to the opposition’s claims, no amount of money can be a substitute for the lives of citizens we are entrusted to serve and protect.

Also, the number of vehicles arrested for various violations has dropped by 16.9%, arrests for driving against traffic decreased by 35.9% and BRT lane violations has decreased by 74.2%. The 25 general hospitals report that Okada-related accidents dropped by 18.73% in September while deaths recorded during the same period dropped by 42.86%. The Office of the Commissioner of Police reported a drop in Okada-related crimes by 30% in September and by 60% as at the end of October, when compared to the month of July, before the law came into effect.

Our recent monitoring and evaluation assessment report on the impact of the law reveals that:
a. 65% of people sampled after the law want to reduce alcohol intake as opposed to 30% before;
b. 93% now want to reduce drug intake as against 71% before the law;
c. 77% are now convinced that alcohol is a danger to them and their passengers if they drink and drive, as against 10% before the law; and
d. Only 4% now say they can still purchase alcohol within the motor park after the law, as against 58% before the law.

While we are not yet where we want to be, but I am positive that a lot of gains lie ahead. I do not believe that it is the desire of Lagosians to live in a state where people will act with impunity without regard to the safety of others. Despite our detractors and local challenges, we have started a BRT model of urban mass transit; which can only grow. I am happy also that the vision of my predecessors for an urban rail transport is now alive again with the construction of the Blue Line from Eric Moore; which has now reached Mile 2. Our BRT expansions to Badagry and Ikorodu Town are progressing.

I remain convinced that the legacy of public transportation Lagosians deserve is one that puts us on the global map and not one that condemns us to a dependency on foreign imports. This should be our path to sustainable prosperity and safety. I wish you all a merry Christmas and happy new year in 2013, and once again appeal to you to drive safely and think of your safety and that of others. Thank you for your attention.
Re: How PDP Can Win Lagos In 2015 by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Exactly my point. I pointed Akwa Ibom and Cross River states. These are more people's civilized states than Lagos. What I mean is that the people in those states apart from the milestones achieved by their govt are more civilized in attitude than Lagosians. Should PDP want to win Lagos, they should field a people centred civil technocrat that is loved by the people. We will vote the individual which ever party he is running on, especially the PDP
Seriously guy, what do you know about cross river? Do you think it starts and end in calabar?
Cross river is 80% rural! Stop using cross river as example of good governance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Yari: I Have Forgiven Apc Of Their Sins / Lawyer Sues Buhari Over UK “private Visit” / Lagos Bridges: Navy Begins Enforcement Of Quit Order On Tanker Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.