Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,371 members, 7,940,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

I'm Dying: Who Can Help? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm Dying: Who Can Help? (1394 Views)

HELP!!! I'm Dying / I'm Dying: Who Can Help / Nairalanders Help; I'm Dying! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 21, 2008
I did my intercontinental bank medicals at ideal hospital here in abuja yesterday. My BP check revealed 150/100 and the doctor prescribed drugs and asked me to proceed and do other tests and come back today to recheck the BP. When I got there, it manage to drop to 140/90 which he said is still high. Though he jokingly said I Should remember him when I start making money and keep an eye on my BP. I'm still very restless about it considering the fact that I have been jobless for more than 2 years. Pls help!
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by SweetT1: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Kommy

You need to relax, why worry about that ? This is why your bp was probably high. you are too young to be having bp pressure, the job might not even be your dream job. Take it easy and look to the almighty for a way out, no job is worth your life.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by Nobody: 6:13am On Feb 22, 2008
BP is too minor to stop you when we all know its situational. 140/90 isn't too high. You 'll get the job. Don't forget GOD.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by klan(f): 7:56am On Feb 22, 2008
@
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by Lasun(m): 8:05am On Feb 22, 2008
@ Poster

No you are not dying and your BP is just on the fence.Anything above systolic of 140 and diastolic of 90 will be considered high.However I believe you will get the job.

You will need to look after yourself,you may invest in some test yourself appliances,that was what I did some few months back and my BP is stable now,you need to worry less and try not to get worked up unnecessary.

Come back here and tell us how it went,Good Luck
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by donchruzio(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2008
The bible says put your cares upon Him for He cares for you.
Again you need to be delighted in the Lord And He will Fulfil Your Heart Desires.
Dont you ever forget that this is your year of fulfilment and He[b](God)[/b] who has begun a good work in you shall be faithful to complete it until the day of Jesus christ Cheer up my dear cos this job is yours for sure.
this is what the spirit of God Have said concerning you .
you will not die but will live to declare his faithfulness to the world.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 22, 2008
Thanks for the reassurance folks.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by tenhap(m): 4:12pm On Feb 22, 2008
At times we wish the worst for ourselves via utterances we make. My dear sister, first i must say ur caption for this post was not aptly chosen.
However, as per the BP issue, yes, 140/90 is not normal but that does not mean u will not get the job.
Several issues can be responsible.
HBP may be hereditary, it could also be owing to other factors like being overweight and all that. The drugs u were given can surpress the condition but if the underlying cause it not addressed, it would only be on a temporary basis.
When i had a change of job last year, my BP at the test hit the roof - 170/120! Meanwhile i was feeling quite normal.
I was placed on drugs for about three weeks and in the end, it was brought down to about 128/80. Of course when i got the job, i quit the drugs cause i gather some of them have long-lasting effects. In a shot while, my BP went up again to about 160/95 or so. It wasn't until i took the issue into my hands that things started facing a workaround.
The body needs exercise, inculcate this in ur weekly routine. Cut down on salt intake and watch what u eat!
Go slow on alcohol (that's if u drink). Doing all these and more, u would be surprised at the result the next time u go for a BP test! You can even go the extra mile of purchasing a Sphyg (used to check bp), it does not cost much. This u can use in the short run to monitor ur progress.
True, the time to act is now because i am told the consequences of high BP can be disastrous once one approaches 40years! One does not need to wait that long anyway.
In summary, just chill out. You have gotten the job. The worst that can happen i suppose is ur office might ask u to go for another checkup after a few months.
Congrats.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by pappycus: 7:47pm On Feb 22, 2008
aba sister just calm down and pray read psalm 55:22
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by Nobody: 5:19am On Feb 25, 2008
@all. Thanks for the highly inspirational posts. I'm quite optimistic that I would succeed. There is so much love on the forum!
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by eniyan(m): 7:06am On Feb 25, 2008
@ kommy,

Be strong. Keep your eyes and heart on the promises of God in the Bible which is that you will prosper in all aspects of your life, health, finance etc.

I will advise you to consider going into business if viable, although this may be hard because of the condition of Nigeria and the issue with our "leaders", so they call themselves.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by cyonujemen(m): 4:58pm On Feb 25, 2008
tenhap ,
Where can one get the BP machine and what is the cost? l am expecting an answer. Thanks.
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by ashaby(f): 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2008
guy just take it easy, no situation is worth ur death!!!
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by reindeer: 1:10am On Feb 26, 2008
oh well lady
as much as bp of over140/90 is termed high you should know that according to the JNC classification anything above 120/80 is now on the pre hypertensive side and so on and so forth but you need to work closely with your doctor to achieve optimal BP control and yes maybe you should get a personal BP 'machine' they can go for as low as 2000naira for the manual ones and 10k plus for the digitals, though some people only have higher BPs when they have them cos of fear of the results, so if you think u can handle it, get one.
But hey you have had a deluge of great advice here and if i were you, ill take em, all is well
with long life wil he satisfy you, amen.
smile grin
Re: I'm Dying: Who Can Help? by pappycus: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2008
kommy
i also went for bp test
MINE IS ALSO 140/90
I ALSO DID IBPLC MEDICALS
AND I AM ALOS LOOKING FOR A JOB
BUT LEMME TELL U
ITS HARD TO SEE NIGERIAN YOUTHS WITH NORMAL BP
THERE IS SO MUCH TENSION
SO JUST CHILL AND TAKE ANXIETY PILLS
THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT U WILL NOT BE EMPLOYED BECAUSE OF BP
WHEN SO MANY THINGS CAUSES HIGH BPP EVEN INHERITED
ANY BANK THAT SAYS THEY CANT EMPLOY U because OF BP IS NOT IT
AND I TRUST IBPLC THEY WONT USE OMNE BP TEST TO CONCLUDE THAT U ARE A THREAT TO THEM

(1) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Ooooooooooooooo! / Vacancies At Blake And Harper / Strictly For Futo Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.