Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,661 members, 7,937,968 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 02:57 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (681813 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ositadima1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2021
Learning coding is good but computer science will make u a better programmer. Check out OSSU, open source society university, a complete computer science curriculum for self study.

See here on github:

https://github . com/ossu/computer-science#prerequisites

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Avast(m): 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2021
4dor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-h8L5hgW-w

Start from here. Your mini laptop is fine for now.

Boss thank you so much for this video, I really enjoyed it. Do you have any beginner mock up you can give me I can try my hands on? Please for Beginner

Thank you in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by damzy88: 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2021
Hello, I'd like to connect with anyone that can use R. I may have a project for him/her. Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by damzy88: 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2021
conyema12:
I started with python last month and I must say that am addicted to it. Currently using Jupyter notebook to learn coding
Let's connect.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Kennyking1234: 2:45am On Jul 10, 2021
belovez:
Leaders in the house, I came across this thread and I'm interested in driving into data science thou I'm not a computer science student I will like to know how many months or years will it take me to become proficient with full time concentration.

Thanks
check out free code camp

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Avast(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2021
Checked86:
Please, I am an 'old-picker'(I picked interest in programming at old age). Challenges are there because I work and I have chance mostly on weekends. Though, I think I have little knowledge on HTML and CSS, though I do run to W3schools for materials anytime I start doubting what I know.
The above is same with me but I have 0 knowledge of javascript, would like us to connect. If we can have a project to work on weekly basis for now. We can just start with a landing page or better still if bosses in the house can help us with projects.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Checked86: 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Avast:

The above is same with me but I have 0 knowledge of javascript, would like us to connect. If we can have a project to work on weekly basis for now. We can just start with a landing page or better still if bosses in the house can help us with projects.
I love the idea. Let us give it a trial
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Avast(m): 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2021
Checked86:

I love the idea. Let us give it a trial
Pm sent
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ambasado4lyf: 9:24am On Jul 11, 2021
started with python last month and I must say that am addicted to it. Currently using Jupyter notebook to learn coding

Same here. E make sense die.

Did you have an instructor?

I have been using a self-paced video on Udemy(paid course though) to learning.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Ambasado4lyf:
started with python last month and I must say that am addicted to it. Currently using Jupyter notebook to learn coding

Same here. E make sense die.

Did you have an instructor?

I have been using a self-paced video on Udemy(paid course though) to learning.
I just start my own today.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by damzy88: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2021
damzy88:
Hello, I'd like to connect with anyone that can use R. I may have a project for him/her. Thanks
I'm still trying to connect with anyone than can use R. Thanks.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Cr0nus1: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2021
please beware of this Cronus1 is same as mveepee, monjerk exchange, please don't have anything to do with them cause all are same and scammers.... Keralan just saw how he followed you cause u tag his other moniker scam

Also Crixuscrius we know what you are doing you are a scammer too Cronus1 moniker too
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Cr0nus1: 11:56am On Jul 13, 2021
please beware of this Cronus1 is same as mveepee, monjerk exchange, please don't have anything to do with them cause all are same and scammers.... Keralan just saw how he followed you cause u tag his other moniker scam
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by James782: 8:32am On Jul 14, 2021
Opportunities in the career of python are increasing tremendously in the world. Since Python has simple codes, faster readability capacity, significant companies are in demand for the python language. Python to be an excellent tool in designing progressive ideas. Candidates interested in python increases every day.

So I suggest you Learn Python and gain all skills in that particular language and I am sure you will succeed.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mesheal7: 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2021
Hi guys,

Not to derail this thread but I'm seeking a WordPress technical writer for immediate employment. Pay starts at N140,000 per month at 25 hours per week.

Please see details here - https://www.nairaland.com/6629586/currently-hiring-wordpress-technical-writer
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Suspect33(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2021
Johnnyessence:
I just start my own today.
you're a beginner and you're starting with Python?? What's the end game? Bro, Python doesn't have a clear path
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Suspect33(m): 6:31pm On Jul 14, 2021
James782:
Opportunities in the career of python are increasing tremendously in the world. Since Python has simple codes, faster readability capacity, significant companies are in demand for the python language. Python to be an excellent tool in designing progressive ideas. Candidates interested in python increases every day.

So I suggest you Learn Python and gain all skills in that particular language and I am sure you will succeed.
Python isn't a stand alone language, learning just Python is a waste of time for a beginner except he/she wants to go into data science
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Headlaw(m): 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2021
Avast:

I beg una with God make una connect me too. I’m in the same shoe.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Headlaw(m): 9:04pm On Jul 14, 2021
Na here I dey
Checked86:
Please, I am an 'old-picker'(I picked interest in programming at old age). Challenges are there because I work and I have chance mostly on weekends. Though, I think I have little knowledge on HTML and CSS, though I do run to W3schools for materials anytime I start doubting what I know. This is the problem; I have completed JavaScript on Mimo and Sololearn but still very empty inside. Whenever I am reading it, it all look familiar and simple but once I close the page, I still go back to being empty. Can somebody ever be expert in JavaScript (Not expert in the context of knowing everything in JavaScript)?

Programming is fun. And I have fallen for JavaScript but it seems I love it more than it loves me. I am now addicted to reading source codes.
Right now, I am thinking of picking php or python. I have not done any major thing with what I have learnt so far. Php because of BackEnd. I don't know what that means but i feel good anytime I use it.

var myQuestion = ["php","python","C++","Java","c#"];
var myPreference = myQuestion[0];
alert(" I love "+myPreference+ " so much!" ) ;

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Mccollins042(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2021
This is not an advert, It is an opportunity for any Nigerian that wants a tech breakthrough.
Data analysts/ scientists earn an average of 70,000 usd/ year
if you are interested in becoming data analyst or a product manager, learn from top industry experts for free .
click here https://entrylevel.page/56VA
registration ends tomorrow 15/07/2021
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by DissTroy(m): 11:27pm On Jul 16, 2021
Avast:

While W3Schools is great and you can learn offline, use FreeCodeCamp mostly because of their active community - it's like the beginner version of StackOverflow.

And FreeCodeCamp's YouTube page is a goldmine for anything computer science. SimpliLearn videos are good too and even longer, especially if you intend to earn a certificate after you learn each skill.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 7:26am On Jul 17, 2021
Suspect33:
Python isn't a stand alone language, learning just Python is a waste of time for a beginner except he/she wants to go into data science
python is a language that’s very easy to learn as a beginner. Check google about it.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
I need a blockchain technology developer that can work on blockchain smart contract

DM me ASAP
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Avast(m): 4:32am On Jul 18, 2021
DissTroy:

While W3Schools is great and you can learn offline, use FreeCodeCamp mostly because of their active community - it's like the beginner version of StackOverflow.

And FreeCodeCamp's YouTube page is a goldmine for anything computer science. SimpliLearn videos are good too and even longer, especially if you intend to earn a certificate after you learn each skill.

Thank you Boss
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Temmylee01(m): 8:54am On Jul 19, 2021
As a newbie that I am the only thing I use my apple laptop for are, watching movies, play games and browsing....now since have joined nairaland have always checkout this section and I think have been wasting my time with my system. So pls what should I learn first, is it programming or graphics design and if it's programming how do I go about it remember I don't even have any idea on what am dealing with.

please your responses will help me decide and choose wisely. Thanks y'all.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Johnnyessence(m): 11:31am On Jul 19, 2021
Temmylee01:
As a newbie that I am the only thing I use my apple laptop for are, watching movies, play games and browsing....now since have joined nairaland have always checkout this section and I think have been wasting my time with my system. So pls what should I learn first, is it programming or graphics design and if it's programming how do I go about it remember I don't even have any idea on what am dealing with.

please your responses will help me decide and choose wisely. Thanks y'all.
go for python programming as a first timer.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Zyzman: 6:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
Thank you so much guys
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please help me
W3 schools or freecode camp which is best for learning java
I just got admission to study computer science and I don't think they really teach coding
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by henrygold100: 9:59am On Jul 24, 2021
PLS CAN program my Facebook post in such a way that if I post something it will appear in my timeline, my page and the group am in

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (167) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.