Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,256 members, 7,910,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 08:12 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (676559 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by temitopecoal(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
Javanian:

just P.M. me
another question.i know when u wana create appz u nid SDKs and IDEs.pls can u list d sdk and ide for all d platform n os i mentiond earlier tanx javanian.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Valon4ego(m): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Javanian:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aide.ui&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Daide
thanks for the swift reply. But can the aide application be used to to other stuffs apart from breathing Android applications? can use it to LEARN c++ and other programing languages?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
temitopecoal:
another question.i know when u wana create appz u nid SDKs and IDEs.pls can u list d sdk and ide for all d platform n os i mentiond earlier tanx javanian.

i guess google might be of help here cheesy
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
Valon4ego: thanks for the swift reply. But can the aide application be used to to other stuffs apart from breathing Android applications? can use it to LEARN c++ and other programing languages?

I think its mainly for java and android. If you are looking to learn other languages, this link would help you http://android.appstorm.net/roundups/developer/15-apps-for-programming-on-android/ Not all of them are free

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by humnsikan: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2013
I know nothing about programming, but wud want to creat ae robot system or any other application that will bear in a community pharmacy( yeah, i'm a pharmacy student). Which language should i learn? I've heard alot about python. Also, is it possible to learn programming from reading texts books alone without tutorials? Can i be able to write programs after 2wks of serious studies? Thank u.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by APO(f): 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
it is easy to learn programming language with two weeks. But if just starting, it might be difficult yo learn within two weeks. but lets say 2 months. but you would need a little guidance for starters.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by humnsikan: 7:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
APO: it is easy to learn programming language with two weeks. But if just starting, it might be difficult yo learn within two weeks. but lets say 2 months. but you would need a little guidance for starters.
I've started learning python, but i'm having difficulty running my scripts. Pls can youassist me in this? Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
I'm here again php guru.
My windows returns dis error whenever I try to submit my form to database

Parse error. Syntax error, unexpected 'INTO' (T_STRING) in xampp...

My input was to submit form to my db
After I sucesfuly conectd to my db n table /*
$sql=INSERT INTO 'omusers'('username','password') VALUE ($_POST[username], $_POST[password];
*/
Pls ignore my comment quote. I only tried to prevent the code.
If the error u see is quotatn mark, av tried it all, but mayb av nt tried the right one.
I need help plz
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 7:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please all the python chairmen in the hauz, I need u help o!
I am currently reading C.H Swaroop's 'Byte of Python' and I am having problems with the part where we have to create a backup script.
We were instructed to back up a list of files (here we created a list that contained the directories of those files) to another directory (in this case, those different files will be backed up in another directory and then zipped up).
Now we downloaded something like a zip command that adds the backed up files to a .zip archive. My problem here now is that, after following every instruction to the letter, I still get an error saying 'the filename, directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect'.
Is there a simpler way of creating this script without any complexities or downloading any software
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
humnsikan: I've started learning python, but i'm having difficulty running my scripts. Pls can youassist me in this? Thanks

what have u done and what sort of challenge did u encounter I can know ur problem that way
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Who the fawkery hid my post I replied kennikazi who needed help, how is that an offense

*hands akimbo waiting for an explanation* angry angry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ajibel: Who the fawkery hid my post I replied kennikazi who needed help, how is that an offense

*hands akimbo waiting for an explanation* angry angry

Sorry, your post isn't hidden, the hidden post up there belongs to a spammer. Maybe the post loss for road grin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Javanian:

Sorry, your post isn't hidden, the hidden post up there belongs to a spammer. Maybe the post loss for road grin

i'm at loss here. I replied his before that of @humnsikan embarassed
habaa MTN angry dem for tell me say my post no submit naa embarassed
Anyway thanks buh i no fit type the reply again. Finger dey pain me cry
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by APO(f): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
$sql=INSERT INTO
'omusers'('username','password') VALUE
($_POST[username], $_POST[password];

use this
$sql="INSERT INTO
omusers('username','password') VALUE
('".$_POST[username]."', '".$_POST[password]."')";
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by APO(f): 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
syllang: I'm here again php guru.
My windows returns dis error whenever I try to submit my form to database

Parse error. Syntax error, unexpected 'INTO' (T_STRING) in xampp...

My input was to submit form to my db
After I sucesfuly conectd to my db n table /*
$sql=INSERT INTO 'omusers'('username','password') VALUE ($_POST[username], $_POST[password];
*/
Pls ignore my comment quote. I only tried to prevent the code.
If the error u see is quotatn mark, av tried it all, but mayb av nt tried the right one.
I need help plz

use this
$sql="INSERT INTO
('".$_POST[username]."', '".$_POST
[password]."')";
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 11:27pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ajibel:

i'm at loss here. I replied his before that of @humnsikan embarassed
habaa MTN angry dem for tell me say my post no submit naa embarassed
Anyway thanks buh i no fit type the reply again. Finger dey pain me cry
Plz jus try and type it again naa...am at the brick of smashing my laptop out of frustration:@
Dnt wori i'll massage ur fingers when they get soresmiley
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 6:37am On Sep 16, 2013
APO:

use this
$sql="INSERT INTO
('".$_POST[username]."', '".$_POST
[password]."')";

Thanks. I will try that cos one other anoying tin is that I wiped the whole insert code and wrote it again n it worked thou displayed warning for my unidentified username n password. I submited the form like that n my data were empty in d database.
What could be the cause of submiting empty data to the db
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Knownpal(m): 6:59am On Sep 16, 2013
Females peeps are not relenting.@Ajibel and APO

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by cyrielo(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2013
Ajibel:
(
@ ajibel please i would like to know what app or program you have created with python so far just wondering.......

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Knownpal(m): 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
^^^
My brother wondering as well. I know one could create games, mini calculator and keylogger with python.. Do python get GUI? [Just asking]
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2013
Known_pal: ^^^
My brother wondering as well. I know one could create games, mini calculator and keylogger with python.. Do python get GUI? [Just asking]
yah python has a gui module, something called tkinter
plz somone shud ansa ma question na!!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
Php progrmrs.pls help.
I tried inserting my form to mysql table but the problem is that it doest work with submit button alone even when I reload the form page without inputing anydata, it adds empty row to mysql table table.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by syllang(m): 11:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
syllang: Php progrmrs.pls help.
I tried inserting my form to mysql table but the problem is that it doest work with submit button alone even when I reload the form page without inputing anydata, it adds empty row to mysql table table.
Eureka.
I later included my insert script to replace my successful msg validatn code. It now works
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 17, 2013
kennikazi:
yah python has a gui module, something called tkinter
plz somone shud ansa ma question na!!!

Tkinter is a Python official GUI library. In other words, if you are looking for a Python GUI programming applications there are tens of them out there. But, I prefer Wxpython for it robustness and ease of us. Yes, Python has good numbers of GUI applications.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by kennikazi(m): 8:29am On Sep 18, 2013
all4naija:

Tkinter is a Python official GUI library. In other words, if you are looking for a Python GUI programming applications there are tens of them out there. But, I prefer Wxpython for it robustness and ease of us. Yes, Python has good numbers of GUI applications.
hmm...thats kool to know. buh i havnt rech gui level. i am stil strugglin with defining and callin fuctions in python:p
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2013
kennikazi:
hmm...thats kool to know. buh i havnt rech gui level. i am stil strugglin with defining and callin fuctions in python:p

Good. It is a gradual process though. Python is easy and clean programming language. There are thousands of models out there for you to use and modify if you are finding things to create on your own too difficult. Defining and calling objects is one of the easiest parts of Python, as it is object oriented language. Function is an expression in the Python definitive point of view. That is not actually something difficult to struggle with. If you have any problem with anything at all just post it here and somebody will help you out. I can as well be of help.

Thank you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by doziej84: 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
pls someone should use python language to write a working code for this.
i'm currently learning python & finding this difficult. thanks

What is the sum of the even numbers from 524 through 10508, inclusive? Hint: write a while loop to accumulate the sum and print it.
For maximum learning, do it with a for loop as well, using range.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SAYEDADAMADAMS(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.