Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,870 members, 7,872,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:14 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (669313 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by youngestpr(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2014
Husyn:

Thanks @youngestpr. plain truth is that I want to make money from it, bt on a larger sense I want to build a career out of it.
You can start by learning a programming language if you don't know one already, there is a thread that will give you details on that here.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by realsnypper(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
how can i learn this programming
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2014
Is it advisable to use a 32bit laptop for programming?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by youngestpr(m): 8:34am On Aug 03, 2014
Nastydroid: Is it advisable to use a 32bit laptop for programming?

You need to first understand the difference between a 32 bit system and 64 bit system and then you can determine if you should use it. The main difference between 32-bit processors and 64-bit processors is the speed they operate. 64-bit processors can come in dual core, quad core, and six core versions for home computing (with eight core versions coming soon) "more info from google smiley". My opinion would be that if you are not having any issues with 32-bit, you do not need to look for 64-bit. If you are a beginner, 32 bit should be more than enough for you.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by sharperdly: 3:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hello programmers in the house! Top of the day to you all. Please can anyone help me with a good answer. I'm being called for a programming training and I was told to install SysGit and sublime text on the system I'm going to use but I have no idea of the programming language. Does anyone knows which language it will most likely be?. I need to have an idea of the syntax before I start. I don't want to start the training with zero knowledge. Thank you in advance.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by purplekayc(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Folarinibrahim1: I need someone to send me ebooks on java.i'm a beginner.
Thanks in advance.

folarin2010@gmail.com
search for java,tutorials using the torrent multi search engine torrentz
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by vowolabi(m): 11:26am On Aug 05, 2014
Pls I need a clear explanation of two's complement representation of integers
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by GoodBoi1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
It's advisable to get the fundamentals of programming befor diving into any technology. This is a very good book, and it's free
http://www.introprogramming.info/english-intro-csharp-book/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Joshuadon: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2014
gbagam

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Daraplato(m): 2:10am On Aug 07, 2014
sharperdly: Hello programmers in the house! Top of the day to you all. Please can anyone help me with a good answer. I'm being called for a programming training and I was told to install SysGit and sublime text on the system I'm going to use but I have no idea of the programming language. Does anyone knows which language it will most likely be?. I need to have an idea of the syntax before I start. I don't want to start the training with zero knowledge. Thank you in advance.

It can be anything from HTML, Javascript to C++. What they told you to install are for putting your code on an online repository and code editing.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nhamoyedu: 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2014
Sorry, brothers, can you explain me the diff btwn, sql, php n cplusplus thanx, and is there a way of stealing info like passwords with cplusplus. Also i have a qsn i designed a ticketing system in c++, but the qsn is how do i use a portable inbuilt printer to print a receipt ? Please help
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by muhiza: 2:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
Hey!!! I want to learn lunix-unix. i just want to get some basic information and knowledge about them
so i want someone who can help me to get some videos from youtube and help me to get some tutolial and websites.
thank you!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by mkvirus: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2014
can i Change course from electrical and electronic engineering to computer science in polytecnic
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Akinsnaira: 6:18am On Aug 14, 2014
Great thread, kudos to the contributors
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2014
mkvirus: can i Change course from electrical and electronic engineering to computer science in polytecnic

why do you want to change?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueflames00: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Do programmers in niger ever make money programming?pls help me I wanna know....is there any programmer here that makes money by programming
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueyedgeek(m): 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
blueflames00: Do programmers in niger ever make money programming?pls help me I wanna know....is there any programmer here that makes money by programming
If money is your main motivation then you had better focus your time on something else bruv.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
blueflames00: Do programmers in niger ever make money programming?pls help me I wanna know....is there any programmer here.that makes money by programming
if you ain't ready to soak garri and av sleepless night with zero naira in ur bank acct,just port to sometin else
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fattbabakay(m): 4:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
blueyedgeek: If money is your main motivation then you had better focus your time on something else bruv.
L0L...lbatan!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by blueflames00: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2014
Cool to know...I mean I love programming(Liberty Basic, and coding c++ with codeblocks)...so where can a guy with a computer science degree work that has decent pay....am talking 70k per month with promise of rapid salary increase in naija....
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nastydroid(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2014
blueflames00: Cool to know...I mean I love programming(Liberty Basic, and coding c++ with codeblocks)...so where can a guy with a computer science degree work that has decent pay....am talking 70k per month with promise of rapid salary increase in naija....
why are you guys intrested in the salary..na wa for Nigerians
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bigdot1759(m): 12:59am On Aug 19, 2014
Pls can A PYTHON be use to write android application
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by DiscodeeFUTA(m): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
Javanian: They are a lot of them, but these are the ones that i could think of at the time of writing.. grin

PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES

1. Java

2. C

3. C++

4. c#

5. Objective C

6. PHP

7. Assembly Language

8. Javascript

9. Visual Basic

10. VB.NET

11. ASP

12. ASP.NET

13. PYTHON

14. Ruby

OTHERS

a. HTML

b. CSS

I will only talk about the ones on BOLD grin
U

What about fortran?

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (166) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.